AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-08, 03:53   Link #341
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They seems to like short Japanese girls mostly (judging by the trend for short girls as leads in anime), but "tall" blonds is exotic in Japan so that might be a liked type as well.
Old 2010-08-08, 07:13   Link #342
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

When will they have College Entrance Exams? Is it somewhere after the School Festival? What month usually?

(Can you pls. answer this if you answered the question above?)

Is this usually thesame for high schools usually?
Old 2010-08-08, 08:46   Link #343
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
They seems to like short Japanese girls mostly (judging by the trend for short girls as leads in anime), but "tall" blonds is exotic in Japan so that might be a liked type as well.
Tall and pretty girls are usually classified as "bishoujo" or "bijin", in which Mio and Mugi fit nicely into - though Mugi would be much less since she's not as tall as Mio.

Small-sized girls like Azunyan are rare...most Asian girls would be somewhere around Ritsu or Yui's build (for the latter, minus the speedy metabolism). However staying around with Azunyan-type girls may make you look more like a paedophile (lolicon in politically correct speech) even if they are late in their teenage years.

Azunyan is a different case : you have to be an ailurophile too.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-08-08, 10:32   Link #344
Sparvid
*hic*

The official heights (although one would guess that they've grown a bit during the high school years)

Mio: 160 cm
Mugi: 157 cm
Yui: 156 cm
Ritsu: 154 cm
Azusa: 150 cm
Old 2010-08-08, 11:46   Link #345
ryohei

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
When will they have College Entrance Exams? Is it somewhere after the School Festival? What month usually?

(Can you pls. answer this if you answered the question above?)

Is this usually thesame for high schools usually?
College Entrance Exam Season is from end of January to middle of March. High School Entrance Exam Season is February and March. And New School year starts at April.
School Festival is usually held at October, so 4 or 5 months after, Yui and 3 senior members will graduate.
Old 2010-08-08, 11:55   Link #346
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Tall and pretty girls are usually classified as "bishoujo" or "bijin", in which Mio and Mugi fit nicely into - though Mugi would be much less since she's not as tall as Mio.

Small-sized girls like Azunyan are rare...most Asian girls would be somewhere around Ritsu or Yui's build (for the latter, minus the speedy metabolism). However staying around with Azunyan-type girls may make you look more like a paedophile (lolicon in politically correct speech) even if they are late in their teenage years.

Azunyan is a different case : you have to be an ailurophile too.
If they're Azunyan build... you're pretty much screwed in the eyes of the witchburning public for decades until they start sprouting a few silver hairs on their head.
Old 2010-08-08, 13:36   Link #347
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
The official heights (although one would guess that they've grown a bit during the high school years)

Mio: 160 cm
Mugi: 157 cm
Yui: 156 cm
Ritsu: 154 cm
Azusa: 150 cm
For reference, the average height of a 19 year old Japanese woman was 158cm in 2006. Also, Americans may be interested in knowing that 2.54 cm = 1 inch.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2010-08-08, 14:05   Link #348
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
For reference, the average height of a 19 year old Japanese woman was 158cm in 2006. Also, Americans may be interested in knowing that 2.54 cm = 1 inch.
Thanks I took the liberty of Translating it, Im not used to CM lol

Im going to round
Mio: 5'2 ----> 5'3 119 lbs
Mugi: 5'1 ----> 5'2 116 lbs
Yui: 5'1 ---------> 5'2 110 lbs
Ritsu: 5'0 --------->5'0 105 lbs
Azusa: 4'11---------> 4'11 101 lbs

For reference, the average height of a 19 year old Japanese woman was 5'2 in 2006.

these girls are small to me lol

Im

5'8 (177cm)

137 (62.3 Kg)

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2010-08-08 at 14:20.
Old 2010-08-08, 14:18   Link #349
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."

Well considering the average height here, they're not that short :P of course I'm talking about females.
Old 2010-08-08, 15:08   Link #350
sergho

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

American white women average about 5'5"
Old 2010-08-08, 16:00   Link #351
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

My wife (Japanese-American) is 4'11" and about 98lbs. So I've got a pretty clear picture of Azusa height/weight right next to me. However (not sure how to say this delicately), I figure Azusa will increase in the bra size department in her late teens as well as my comparison data did.
Old 2010-08-08, 17:27   Link #352
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

oh noes...i have outgrown all of the k-on girls =/
Old 2010-08-08, 18:44   Link #353
VEE

Send a message via MSN to VEE
Could say so, average height of asian is around 5'0. In fact I had Ritsu's height
but I should thank god becos that's AVERAGE. Ppl tend to complained about their height once they are below 5'0
Old 2010-08-08, 19:55   Link #354
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
If they're Azunyan build... you're pretty much screwed in the eyes of the witchburning public for decades until they start sprouting a few silver hairs on their head.
I won't be surprised if people mistook your wife for your daughter in your earlier years with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
Thanks I took the liberty of Translating it, Im not used to CM lol

Im going to round
Mio: 5'2 ----> 5'3 119 lbs
Mugi: 5'1 ----> 5'2 116 lbs
Yui: 5'1 ---------> 5'2 110 lbs
Ritsu: 5'0 --------->5'0 105 lbs
Azusa: 4'11---------> 4'11 101 lbs

For reference, the average height of a 19 year old Japanese woman was 5'2 in 2006.

these girls are small to me lol

Im

5'8 (177cm)

137 (62.3 Kg)
I am 180cm and most girls around my age are like 20-30 cm shorter than me. I had a female friend who's 164cm, but I wouldn't classify her as a bishoujo or bijin : she's flat and bad-tempered, and too cute too be pretty.

Quote:
My wife (Japanese-American) is 4'11" and about 98lbs. So I've got a pretty clear picture of Azusa height/weight right next to me. However (not sure how to say this delicately), I figure Azusa will increase in the bra size department in her late teens as well as my comparison data did.
Like this?

Spoiler for WARNING:

This isn't right! Anyway how can it be possible? She's already 16-17 and her chest size shows no development!

Besides, I doubt Azunyan would grow much anyway. How many of you are willing to see Azunyan with well-endowed assets anyway?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-08-08, 20:45   Link #355
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEE View Post
Could say so, average height of asian is around 5'0. In fact I had Ritsu's height
but I should thank god becos that's AVERAGE. Ppl tend to complained about their height once they are below 5'0
Really? 5'0? I'm asian and I'm 5'2 and I don't know many asians who are shorter than I... Maybe it's just the area I live in :P
Old 2010-08-08, 21:17   Link #356
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I won't be surprised if people mistook your wife for your daughter in your earlier years with her.
Well... I'm white so it wasn't "daughter" so much as "cradle robbing" glares. What am I saying, I *still* get glares til they get a closer look.

Quote:
This isn't right! Anyway how can it be possible? She's already 16-17 and her chest size shows no development!

Besides, I doubt Azunyan would grow much anyway. How many of you are willing to see Azunyan with well-endowed assets anyway?
Well.... it doesn't have to be abundant. 32/34 B/C (American system) on that size person looks pretty decent while still being petite. My wife remembers quite clearly their sudden appearance when she was 17. She worked in her dad's restaurant and all of a sudden was bumping into shelves, walls,etc.

Why do our conversations always head in these directions o.O
Old 2010-08-09, 01:05   Link #357
thirdlc

Quote:
This isn't specifically a K-On!! question, but KyoAni has long been a "one production at a time" small company. Companies that expand too rapidly to meet demand often erode the quality of their product and KyoAni seems to choose NOT to take that risk.
KyoAni is expanding rapidly and quite a big company. The reason of "one production at a time" is just because they don't use freelancers or outsource episodes like other companies do. If they do, they can make three shows at a time easily. How many companies can produce three shows at a time? If you focus only on the number of animators, KyoAni might be the biggest anime studio at this time (or ever?).
Old 2010-08-09, 02:49   Link #358
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlc View Post
KyoAni is expanding rapidly and quite a big company. The reason of "one production at a time" is just because they don't use freelancers or outsource episodes like other companies do. If they do, they can make three shows at a time easily. How many companies can produce three shows at a time? If you focus only on the number of animators, KyoAni might be the biggest anime studio at this time (or ever?).
True...if only Kyoto Animation could at least 2 two episodes at a time =/

At least it'll be freeing some load from the other anime fans

(I love the Haruhi and Lucky Star series, so...)
Old 2010-08-09, 03:18   Link #359
krko
The Movie is Coming

There was actually one time KyoAni did more than a single show in a season. They did the reshowing of Haruhi and the first season of K-On at the same time. I still remember the rage in this very forum due to people thinking that K-On was taking their beloved Haruhi's place. And then, Endless Eight happened .
Old 2010-08-09, 04:33   Link #360
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

That's not taking 2 shows at a time...they just repeated 7 episodes and edited some minor things and edited some scripts.

Endless Eight is KyoAni's most terrible disaster ever!

K-ON! was KyoAni's comeback for that.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a