Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-18, 15:47   Link #181
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
EPISODE 26 SPOILERS

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-18, 16:12   Link #182
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi
But it was a "nice" ending though eh?

Spoiler:
Hmm... it's the very lame "all happy" ending IMO... Also it's not even as good as the "first part ending" in episode 12 and 13. Very lackluster...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-19, 04:19   Link #183
Bindibadgi
We'll miss u Hughes

Quote:
Hmm... it's the very lame "all happy" ending IMO... Also it's not even as good as the "first part ending" in episode 12 and 13. Very lackluster...
Oh yea absolutely - i thought the hong kong tower infultration was done MILES better. I was expecting it to be similar to the OVA ending in style tbh

I liked the all happy ending :P even though it was lame.
Old 2004-03-19, 21:24   Link #184
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

I must say...I am very disapointed in this series.
The OVA was stunning, it did what a 26episode series barely ever does, and all in 3 episodes. Every fight scene wonderfully timed with the music, emotion and such. It was a work of art. I come to see this series...it's like the ran out of money after the first episode and hurried through the rest. The art is sloppy, messy and lacking...this is extremely evident in the last four episodes. Thank god for them re-doing fine detail for the dvd releases....
Old 2004-03-20, 00:08   Link #185
Za Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
The OVA was stunning, it did what a 26episode series barely ever does, and all in 3 episodes. Every fight scene wonderfully timed with the music, emotion and such. It was a work of art. I come to see this series...it's like the ran out of money after the first episode and hurried through the rest. The art is sloppy, messy and lacking...this is extremely evident in the last four episodes. Thank god for them re-doing fine detail for the dvd releases....
Well you watched the whole thing so it couldnt have been that bad.
Old 2004-03-20, 02:57   Link #186
Dunpeal

Send a message via MSN to Dunpeal Send a message via Yahoo to Dunpeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
Well you watched the whole thing so it couldnt have been that bad.
lol good point,personally i enjoyed it,the happy ending was cheesy but i liked it anyway.
Old 2004-03-20, 05:56   Link #187
Bindibadgi
We'll miss u Hughes

Quote:
Well what do you expect? OVAs tend to have the same budget has the whole series so you shouldnt expect a similar quality of animation. A few episodes were significantly crappier drawn than the others ill admit - maybe they should fire that studio? Also OVAs are on action and "one hit wonder" mentality, rather than significant character development and story like the series. The last 2 episodes were drawn well imo, a few of the others however werent. If you read previous posts - the fighting is often in time with the music too, especially Anita's handywork.
Old 2004-03-20, 11:34   Link #188
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
I'm sorry, but the OVA was just an action extravaganza. The TV series had much more character development and is a bit more touching. It is true that the TV series is a bit slow at the start, but that's how you get to know the main characters and their personalities. It is pretty nice they manage to synchronize the TV show with EVERY ROD STORY. By mid-season, the TV show was pretty much on full throttle, unlike some shows which wait till the last 2 episodes or so.
Old 2004-03-20, 11:49   Link #189
Rebochan
Clubbing

I don't see why everyone was complaining. I thoguht it was the perfect ending to the series. I'm also a sucker for a Big Happy Ending. After all the torment these people went through, I liked seeing something good happen from it.

Just a note on the animation - as has been mentioned before, the crappier parts are being redone for the DVD releases in both Japan and America. It's not uncommon for a series to air partially incomplete, then be fully complete for the DVD releases (Hellsing comes to mind).

Time to get my pre-order in for the first R1 volume - this one's a keeper
Old 2004-03-20, 14:24   Link #190
dreamless

the problem is not really about the very ending. I have nothing against big happy ending, although it's a bit lame, especially when you see
Spoiler:
However the final fight before the end is absolutely lackluster. It's supposed to be the final confrontation, the big showdown, and there are so much build-up to it... and then wasted as it's finished so fast and so simple, all the build-up is wasted, it's like "huh? it's over?" -____-
Old 2004-03-20, 19:51   Link #191
AkihaTohno
Head of the Tohno Family

Send a message via ICQ to AkihaTohno Send a message via AIM to AkihaTohno
*watches the ending*

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? Where was all the Miss Deep action?

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-20, 20:12   Link #192
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkihaTohno
*watches the ending*

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? Where was all the Miss Deep action?

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-20, 21:10   Link #193
Rebochan
Clubbing

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-20, 21:39   Link #194
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebochan
Spoiler:
Ending spoiler
Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-21, 00:27   Link #195
Sncm

But...

WHAT HAPPENS TO JOKER????? No one really explained what happened to him at the very end.
Old 2004-03-21, 00:38   Link #196
Za Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sncm
But...

WHAT HAPPENS TO JOKER????? No one really explained what happened to him at the very end.
His eyes went from blank to normal so I think he's ok.

The ending was kind of a let down for me as well. All that momentum built up and it just faded into the end. Ah well, I love the 2nd ed song.
Old 2004-03-21, 02:07   Link #197
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
I don't think there can be an ending that satisfies everyone. If they had included a long (up to an entire "extra" episode, even) epilogue about where everyone was now, people would complain that the anime was dragging too long with unnecessary filler.

Spoiler:

Overall, I loved this anime. It had more than enough plot twists to keep me watching long after I should have stopped and done my homework (curse you Psych paper), but it resolved a great deal of them by series' end (unlike, say, Spiral). For everything else, I suppose there's fanfic.
Old 2004-03-21, 02:54   Link #198
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

the ending was definately anti-climatic. Was anyone surprised when yomiko's plan failed miserably? nope. I didn't like the way the ending was told but I liked the conclusion to the series. Everyone got back to normal.. for the sake of the girls because they were just taking one loss after another. I was relieved to find no one died.

A little more on joker would have been nice but like all anime endings, there are really no bad guys, or should I say winners and losers. I've seen this type of ending too many times not to be bothered by it anymore.

Btw what happened to anita's girlfriends memory? did they fix it back?
Old 2004-03-21, 02:54   Link #199
CelestiaLegends

That ending was the most horrific anti-climacticly putrid ending ever! -_- it doesn't deserve the title or Read or Die! (or Dream, if you so choose.) Read or Die is a masterpiece! That was CRAP! I mean, the whole world domination plan was SO well crafted, the storyline up to that point was pure ingenuity, that ending utterly decimated Humpty Dumpty! He can never be put together again! He's smashed! ARGH unbelieveable. I feel like a female prying mantis who just ripped off the males head before cupolating only to find out he's infertile. (Female mantisis tear off the male's head before mating.) It's utter frustration, how could they do such a thing to such a great series. Gaaarr I waited a week for this -_- LAME!! LAME LAME LAME LAME LAME!!! Like I said, the ending was supposed to be a masterpiece, A MASTERPIECE!!! I could have made a better ending than that!! sheesh. *sigh* I'll shut up. God. What a dissappointment.

OVA: 8/10
Series - 1-24: 9/10
Last 2 eps: -345405986415610487609939564309856409855/10
Old 2004-03-21, 03:26   Link #200
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestiaLegends
I could have made a better ending than that!!
How so?

(I'm not being snarky, I'm genuinely curious. I thought the ending was great, and I'm interested in seeing how it can be made better.)
Closed Thread

Tags
action, drama