AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 12 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 231 49.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 12.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 8.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 6.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 1.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 11 2.38%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.08%
1 out of 10 : Painful 62 13.39%
Voters: 463. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-27, 11:07   Link #61
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
LOL don't tell me... they're different genres... wow! I didn't know that: thank you for telling me pal!
The fact they are of two different genres don't change the fact that they exist!
And anyway people here say "it's the bloodiest ending I've ever seen", so they're referring to all animedom, not only to shoujo.
I wasn't trying to turn you into a fool about the "genre" you know.
This point was rather to emphasis that because of this, you can't compare.
Such bloody conclusion is absolutely not common in ROMANCE.
this has NOTHING to do with shoujo.
Quote:
People here is trying to apply ethics, christian one mostly, to an anime which is supposed to be an exaggeration of human behaviours.
an anime isn't supposed to be an exaggeration of human behaviours. The medium is, the plot is not.
Aside of fantasy, an anime can be realist for any aspect, even if some setup is impossible.
That's the reason why most people can't take the show seriously anymore since some episodes ago.

But even if the anime became surrealist, the use some certain gruesome factors are questionable. Anyone can figure it is a simple fiction, and death of characters don't mean anything. However, that doesn't "allow" the use of such things, as a show can be consistant, which is NOT the case of SD.
Old 2007-09-27, 11:09   Link #62
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
my flash summary and screens i found in 2ch...

it went beyond realism but still the producers do know how to give us fanservice...
too bad sekai couldn't have put on more of a fight...
Old 2007-09-27, 11:18   Link #63
Ginrai

From what few pictures I've seen of it I'm stunned that the other classmates act as if nothing bad has happened at the end.
Old 2007-09-27, 11:22   Link #64
ZenithTheOne

Singature edited for greater justice.
Old 2007-09-27, 11:24   Link #65
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Ending of School Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginrai View Post
From what few pictures I've seen of it I'm stunned that the other classmates act as if nothing bad has happened at the end.
Yeah it's just that typical day when your friends and classmates just gave ya the cold shoulder and gone their different ways and I thought this would gone like slayer from "Halo"!
Old 2007-09-27, 11:24   Link #66
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I wasn't trying to turn you into a fool about the "genre" you know.
This point was rather to emphasis that because of this, you can't compare.
Such bloody conclusion is absolutely not common in ROMANCE.
It isn't common? Go read about the assassinations because of triangles, squares and so on...

Quote:
this has NOTHING to do with shoujo.
Shoujo = romance dear friend. Go watch the first lines on Wikipedia if you don't trust me!

Quote:
But even if the anime became surrealist, the use some certain gruesome factors are questionable. Anyone can figure it is a simple fiction, and death of characters don't mean anything. However, that doesn't "allow" the use of such things, as a show can be consistant, which is NOT the case of SD.
Of course the anime is questionable: it was made to be questionable!!! The more exaggeration it has the more questionable it becomes.
Old 2007-09-27, 11:35   Link #67
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It isn't common? Go read about the assassinations because of triangles, squares and so on...
Yeah right. Can you name like 10 animes with catfight leading to the death of any character? i don't think so.
And if we had the graphic aspect of it, you won't see many of such things either.
Quote:
Shoujo = romance dear friend. Go watch the first lines on Wikipedia if you don't trust me!
Are you serious? Wait, do you know it is a genre aimed for girls. The fact romance is often associated to it doesn't mean it is the same.
If you said it is the same, i would ask you to check such things like Da Capo, FAR from aiming for girls.
Quote:
Of course the anime is questionable: it was made to be questionable!!! The more exaggeration it has the more questionable it becomes.
It wasn't at first you know? The setup was done which could give something similar to KGNE, with specific traits for angst etc.
The exaggerations are questionable as to show it isn't exactly a good scripted series at all. (that's my opinion anyway)
Old 2007-09-27, 11:36   Link #68
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

Wrong.

Shoujo was stigmatized as romance, just like how shonen was stereotyped as action, when both terms design the population they were aiming in the first place.
Old 2007-09-27, 11:43   Link #69
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Honestly, I don't understand how people are calling this the best shounen romance ever. Are you serious? So a person's idea of a best shounen romance is about an asshole that sleeps with other women for no reason then manages to get back together with a girl he treated like crap, then dies. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but come on, have some standards.
Old 2007-09-27, 11:44   Link #70
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
GOOD END!!...well kinda...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-09-27, 11:46   Link #71
ipernorris

Quote:
Yeah right. Can you name like 10 animes with catfight leading to the death of any character? i don't think so.
And if we had the graphic aspect of it, you won't see many of such things either.
I was referring to real life there.
Anyway we have different opinions regarding this show but for the shoujo thing I guess you're right... I often identify shoujo as romance because girls like all the romance things. It's not always like that tough.
Old 2007-09-27, 12:00   Link #72
Side-streetdog

Good ending

Spoiler for Warning Extreamly spoil !!:
Old 2007-09-27, 12:08   Link #73
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

From the various internet blogs, about Sekai...
Spoiler for final episode:

All in all, this is a tragic ending, but as it should be; Characters in the show brought this upon themselves.
Old 2007-09-27, 12:08   Link #74
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
This is only an anime, so it doesn't matter if a character dies...because it's just a fictional character...why'd you think people would apply the same to real life?

Cheaters shouldn't get away with it, but not die.

In any case, I felt that Kotonoha killing Sekai was really unnecessary, although Makoto's death was consistent with the buildup. So I have mixed feelings on this.

That is what I am hoping is true. People say kill just because it is an anime.

If that is case, doesn't bother me at all. I didn't want anyone to die, but o well.
Old 2007-09-27, 12:10   Link #75
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

All in all, this is a tragic ending, but as it should be; Characters in the show brought this upon themselves.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-27, 12:16   Link #76
UPR

truthfully im glad is just over. I really did not like it, sorry for those that did. Honestly this is the first anime I see from start to finish and regret it.
Old 2007-09-27, 12:18   Link #77
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
was it really a lie by the way? From her perspective (often seen alone, patting her abdomen), she believed it strongly.
And i'm not quite sure Kotonoha can prove otherwise, considering "how she checked it" and how her mental state was. (and even so, i don't think sekai possible pregnancy was advanced enough)
I do believe there is no need for Kotonoha to say "it is a lie" unless she is right. Script-wise, I thnk we were suppose to take her word for it.

It would also soften Sekai's position from being a victim to someone less than innocent, thus coming full circle.
They are all flawed people, and things went terribly wrong, hence they died.
Old 2007-09-27, 12:22   Link #78
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Everyone is going to have a different opinion about this its only natural. This was not a typical romance genre even though if you look at the OP its meant to be misleading. I really cant say that i can think of any other anime to compare to School Days. IMO it had great potential but quickly fell to the deepest darkest parts of hell the way SD started has a great set up for something meaningful and just became a pile of random crap that put in a pot swirled and around and poured out for viewers to watch. If someone can actually give a real explanation on how this is best romance ever i will you give all the props in the world.

I seriously did not see the need for as gruesome deaths as were portrayed. Sekai stabbing Makoto fine i can live with that because we have seen it many times before its not that much of shocker. But what transpired afterwards was not needed, and only put the nail in the coffin for a mediocre show to begin with and made it even more tasteless.

WTF how can people call this the best romance ever I will argue that fact till the end of time. If best means a repetitive story about someone sleeping with lots of people being indecisive and a coward that leads to death then i screw the genre. It takes more talent to create a show where the main character is hated and screws up a lot then manges to redeem him self then to just kill him off. Hell you can randomly kill characters in any story its freakin easy. I respect other peoples opinion but i feel majority of viewers have at least some standards but maybe i am putting too much faith in my fellow man.

Sorry Vallen Chaos Valiant I just cant agree with you on that. There are number of reasons where anything Katsura says at this point can not be taken literally the most important being her state of mind. She has loss sight of reality and make believe from her perspective everything can be a lie. second there is noway that an untrained person using the methods Katsura did could know if she was really pregnant or not. I agree that they were all flawed people as we all are. But knowing that she is flawed how can you take her word for anything?
Old 2007-09-27, 12:25   Link #79
Ginrai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-27, 12:26   Link #80
Joachim
et tu, brute?

how long has sekai been pregnant anyway, and can someone as wrecked as kotonoha really check and confirm whether there are a baby inside (considering it is still on the early phase) where there a still no sign of "human" shape of the baby.
Closed Thread