AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 12 23.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 31.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 21.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 15.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.96%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-10, 13:31   Link #41
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I do think there was less narration in this episode but maybe that's simply because we're getting used to it.
There actually was compared to the last two episodes, because i was thinking that quite a bit while watching this episode. Jouji spoke mostly at the end of each scene, with only a few words during them.
Old 2010-09-10, 15:20   Link #42
Setre

Enjoyed this episode quite a bit. I thought the tentacle stuff was funny but not needed. Best part of the episode for me was Sae with the sandwich. I loved how when Miya suggested Sae should try out for the Santa contest the music stopped.
Old 2010-09-10, 15:37   Link #43
Midonin
Last Engage

This will be stupidly pedantic for me, but something was a little off in one of the subs. Inago Mask, even though we never saw him, the name of his show - 蝗マスク - or "The Masked Grasshopper", implies that he's more of a Kamen Rider analogue than a Sentai one, so tacking on "Rangers" feels mildly suspect. While they are sister franchises, there's quite a few stylistic differences as well.

Also, I'm very mildly ruffled that all we ever saw of this hero of justice was a mostly obscured body shot behind a drink cup.
Old 2010-09-10, 15:46   Link #44
matteas
Member Member

This might have been the sweetest episode of Amagami so far. I don't mean the best, of course. Just the sweetest. If you disagree, then tell me what part of it wasn't sweet. Sae-chan's maid appearance, Sae-chan holding her skirt in the vehement wind, Sae-chan expressing no to Miya's suggestion, Sae-chan on the merry-go-round. I've really grown to like her and I take back everything I said before this arc. And as concerns her voice which has been discussed a lot, I didn't like it at first and to tell the truth it was a cacophony to my ears as late as episode 10, but it was different this episode. It sure was extremely sweet, but not disgustingly sweet. Seriously, when she was so timidly trying to ask Junichi to hold hands, saying "Ote, ote," at that time I thought, "Her voice is so sweet." I can't believe that Sae is voiced by the same seiyuu who voiced Kogami Akira in LS.

I almost forgot. The dress that Sae wears in the preview, it suits her so well. I'm looking forward to more Instructor-Student action next week and I hope for the obligatory kissing scene.

EDIT: Yeah, and the narrator seems to have died down quite a bit. That's good to hear. Ah, but you can't hear him that way XD Oh so lol
Old 2010-09-10, 17:38   Link #45
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I would say that the arc would be good enough if Junichi wasn't an idiot and wasn't so unaware that he's borderline pimping Sae out. Much of the fanservice is because of him anyway, regardless whether he's aware of what he's doing or not. Sae's likable and earnest enough, willing to go along with him because she likes him and she really wants to change.

In the end it's Junichi I can't stand. Most of my problems with this arc stems from whatever the hell it is that's going on (or not going on) in that head of his.
I just blame the writers for taking things too far. If he was more like the earlier arcs things would be much more bearable.
Old 2010-09-10, 19:50   Link #46
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Oh yea, can someone plz make a gif of Sae-chan shaking her head with the sandwich in her mouth?
Request done! Here you go=>

Original here=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/43e997e6.gif
Well I did it again!
Old 2010-09-10, 19:59   Link #47
K. Yamato
Sae's Lover
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to K. Yamato
Sae was so darned cute in this episode I started making signatures of her. This really was sweet, can't wait for the next expisode it looks like we'll be seeing something REALLY nice knowing she'll be in an attractive dress =D

Please visit my museum here at AnimeSuki ^^ Here
Old 2010-09-10, 20:44   Link #48
coderlan
Student

I agree to the above posters that the story is the problem, not her.

Now, I realized that she needed a more better story as she does not deserve to be played with.
Old 2010-09-10, 21:06   Link #49
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setre View Post
Enjoyed this episode quite a bit. I thought the tentacle stuff was funny but not needed. Best part of the episode for me was Sae with the sandwich. I loved how when Miya suggested Sae should try out for the Santa contest the music stopped.
Hahaha, oh yeah. They did stop the music. That was a great scene. They mentioned Haruka wining last year...we sure as hell know why.
Old 2010-09-10, 21:13   Link #50
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
About the last part......well let me tell personally it was the best sex I had when a girl decided to keep this for the session. I think she came from the Netherlands but in Sae's case that neck choker is look here=>
I'm sorry but I can't let this go unchallenged: You lucky sun of a gun!!! *insert random expletives here*

Now that we've got that out of the picture let me add my thoughts on that particular scene in the preview: my nose, it bleeds...

Also: was I the only one who went at the parallels to intercourse during the preview (with both saying each others name in an "increasing" fashion so to speak)? I mean this arc is pulling all the stops to go as low as it can isn't it? Oh well, at least it's moderately entertaining and I managed to stop getting annoyed at both Sae's voice and the narrator (of course being Nakata Jouji doing the narration helps).
Old 2010-09-10, 23:59   Link #51
Kenn
Stomp

The episode was cute. Junichi's 'training' antics got a little old after a while though. When the music stopped and Sae shook her head to Miya's Santa contest suggestion,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Also: was I the only one who went at the parallels to intercourse during the preview (with both saying each others name in an "increasing" fashion so to speak)? I mean this arc is pulling all the stops to go as low as it can isn't it? Oh well, at least it's moderately entertaining and I managed to stop getting annoyed at both Sae's voice and the narrator (of course being Nakata Jouji doing the narration helps).
I actually was reminded of a certain 'Sensei' and 'Ninomiya-kun' from a certain series about the daily antics of three sisters.

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Old 2010-09-11, 00:17   Link #52
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
This will be stupidly pedantic for me, but something was a little off in one of the subs. Inago Mask, even though we never saw him, the name of his show - 蝗マスク - or "The Masked Grasshopper", implies that he's more of a Kamen Rider analogue than a Sentai one, so tacking on "Rangers" feels mildly suspect. While they are sister franchises, there's quite a few stylistic differences as well.

Also, I'm very mildly ruffled that all we ever saw of this hero of justice was a mostly obscured body shot behind a drink cup.
I lol`ed at the thing you're concerned about.

But yeah... it should be a KR hero based on the belt design of the hero in the pic. And its funny tho she only took pic with the green ranger, when i thought it supposed to be the red ranger that leads the whole sentai team. Or it might probably be that everyone in the sentai team wore the same green outfit becoz its a grasshopper theme hero.
Old 2010-09-11, 01:08   Link #53
sylviana
Aikawa Kizuna is PRETTY !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
WTF WTF WTF!!! Where's the fetish kiss? Ep 3 in 1st arc and ep 2 in 2nd arc. Don't tell me this one going to be in ep 4.
u mean TJ kiss Sae's breast?

okay....something generic wasn't always bad for me

okay....Sae became more lovely and lovely....

Old 2010-09-11, 03:44   Link #54
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I was also a bit disappointed we didn't get to see the Grasshoper masks, Gold Wolf in particular. Sae's enthusiasm when talking about those heroes of justice was very refreshing. I'd like to see her act like this a bit more often.
Old 2010-09-11, 11:52   Link #55
wingman32x

An okay episode. Sae took some initiative, and she was pretty cute. Unless something awesome happens in the last episode, Sae's arc pretty much clinched the least interesting arc spot for me. IDK, this arc hasn't really done it for me. I have a bias against shy girls, so that may be the reason why.

Anyway, this episode gets a 7/10.
Old 2010-09-11, 12:04   Link #56
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was also a bit disappointed we didn't get to see the Grasshoper masks, Gold Wolf in particular. Sae's enthusiasm when talking about those heroes of justice was very refreshing. I'd like to see her act like this a bit more often.
I was thankful we didn't have to sit through and watch that entire show. I thanked god that it ended quickly.
Old 2010-09-11, 14:31   Link #57
Qikz

Saya was by far the cutest character I've ever seen this episode. What an amazing episode for overall cuteness and their relationship is slowly getting on track.

Her salute is possibly the cutest thing I've seen in my life, kyouka!
Old 2010-09-11, 17:26   Link #58
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Pretty good from last week. This time Sae grows a little more out of her shell and starts to take some initiative, which is adorably sweet. Not much to say except, next week, lingerie!

BLACK lingerie too.

Sae-chan!
Senpai!
Sae-chan!
Senpai!

Sae-chan!
Senpai!
Old 2010-09-11, 19:51   Link #59
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
Not much to say except, next week, lingerie!

BLACK lingerie too.
I think that was her dress for the contest. Instant vote from me.
Old 2010-09-11, 22:19   Link #60
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Great episode! Sae managed to not only get a job as a maid in a maid cafe , which reminds me that I have to marathon over 14 episodes of Kaichou wa Maid-sama, but also got a date with Junichi at the amusement park and got to hold hands with Junichi although Junichi made me and at how stupid he was to hold her hand at least 2 if not 3 hours later. Best ecchi part:
Oh heck yeah! They managed to put tentacle rape in this!
Yes, another great episode
The tentacle scene was really epic win!

The other stuff was very good as well - the amusement park, holding hands, the maid cafe... (although the skirts there really should've been shorter! )
The last scene in the preview was some good foreshadowing, I'm already curious how that turns out.

lolwut at Haruka's explanation about "I don't want to be your little sister", where she was just poking fun at him for being dense

Quote:
In other comments on the episode itself.....rather liked Miya's room intro. I wonder what is that chart on her wall and she also got quite a few books but I assume they are mangas=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/62cc9943.jpg
Interesting to see her room. The chart on the wall looks like it's just an ordinary calendar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I see Sae is one of those characters that wear shorts under their skirt instead of just panties, which seem to be rising alot in popularity lately.
Wrong, those aren't shorts under her skirt, and I certainly don't see a rising popularity (that would be way too disturbing, too >_<; ).
What you see there under her skirt are the flaps of a too long shirt. You can see that very clearly here: