AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 48 34.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 50 36.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 31 22.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 2.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.72%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-15, 13:40   Link #21
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
It was veeery strange that they would just kill Assassin off in episode 2 with a master like "Kirei". He had all the confidence in the world that with his group of Assassins, he can basically do anything at the moment with subtle approach. He probably merely wanted to confirm which Archer-class servant Toshaka had so he better prepare himself for the future.
I think you need to re-watch the beginning of the episode. It was all a charade. Hence Archer's disgust at playing little games.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 13:44   Link #22
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
He probably merely wanted to confirm which Archer-class servant Toshaka had so he better prepare himself for the future.
you missed tokiomi's comment as well as kiritsugu and maiya's conclusions about that little charade: it was all set up by tokiomi

about the kiss scene, since the anime didn't quite make it clear: basically, kiritsugu is going all emo about Ilya, and maiya kisses him to snap him out of it, that's all
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 14:15   Link #23
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
As expected, Assassin isn't really dead...or more accurately, that assassin may be dead, but Kirei is most definitely not out of the race yet. And how sneaky, giving off the impression that he's out already, while operating from a safe house, Assassin really fits that playstyle. Shouldn't the Judge manage for something like this? Or it's collusion with him being his father?

I really hope Waver toughens up a bit, I know it should be coming but it can't come soon enough, thankfully Rider is such a great character to watch. And Saber looks really cool in a suit. I get what Maiya is doing to snap him back into focus and all that, but I think there are some other ways than a kiss to get him to stop talking. Well, Kiritsugu's life is quite complicated indeed.

It seems we finally get our Saber vs Lancer next week, are they alternating between the action scenes and the talking episodes? Probably not, but feels like it.
Old 2011-10-15, 14:22   Link #24
jzmagic
flargansbog

How is the Church giving Kirei sanctuary when his "servant(s)" aren't dead? That's pretty hacks, so his dad (representing the church) is in it together with Kirei?

The music is so f'in epic, loved the bgm during the lancer vs saber.

Also Kirtisugu, using his wife as bait... He's a BAMF, and saw right through Kirei's little show but I can't help but feel that he's a douchebag for putting his wife at risk.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 14:23   Link #25
Nosauz

Pretty damn awesome episode, setting up Saber Vs Lancer, I'm on the fence with whether or not I like Ufotable Gil or Deen Gil, but then again Ufotable has Gil's better version so it's hard to say. Was hoping for an actually transformation sequence a la the OP when Saber when srsface.jpeg but we can't have everything we want.

Dat dance
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 14:45   Link #26
ReddyRedWolf

You got to appreciate Waver and Rider's dynamic. The other masters or servants are either too serious or too crazy.

Kiritsugu and Shirou may not be related by blood but dammit having more than waifu deserves to be place in the most wanted dead or alive.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 15:09   Link #27
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Saber could have at least gone barefoot at the beach.

Lancer is cool, so damn cool. Only Midorikawa Hikaru could voice him.

& man, BGM during the Lancer and Saber meet was so good.
Old 2011-10-15, 15:09   Link #28
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I can see why Ufotable is balancing out their budget here and there, but I wonder if they couldn't do it in a better fashion: frankly, the discussion between Tokiomi and Gilgamesh was nearly nothing close to "composition", or subtle direction. Meanwhile, am I the only one who was a bit taken aback by the CGI cars? I don't have any problem with CGI usually (such like mecha in guilty crown), but these ones were really out of place.
Of course, it isn't anything major whatsoever, but I think other "cutting" methods would have been possible, without breaking huge numbers for the animation.

Anyway, this was a good display of Alexander/Waver and Arturia/Irisvel interactions, while giving a simple yet accurate depiction of Kiritsugu. That being said, with all their efforts in showing Kiritsugu's plight regarding Iri, the utter lack of narration just kills his character, not matter how good the rendition was.
I'm starting to be a little nervous how they will handle Kiritsugu and Kirei in the future, and hopefully, this isn't the "cut scenes" they were talking about.

Oh well, a good episode nevertheless.
Old 2011-10-15, 15:12   Link #29
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Lancer is cool, so damn cool. Only Midorikawa Hikaru could voice him.
I thought the same thing when he showed up in Fate/Unlimited Codes; I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be about hearing him being voiced in English (not least because he would risk either not having an Irish accent at all, or ending up with a fake-sounding one).

And yes, I know he doesn't exactly sound like an Irish person in the Japanese voice track, but it's less noticeable than it would be in English.
Old 2011-10-15, 15:13   Link #30
Kaiba

Maiya's voice is so lovely.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 15:41   Link #31
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Maiya's voice is so lovely.
Well, her VA did play Gundam 00's Marina Ismail, who's one saving grace was her singing (Tomorrow). Though, I'm not expecting Maiya to break out in song in Zero.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 15:49   Link #32
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
Lancer's my favorite class, I hope he'll last longer than the one in Stay Night.

And yeah, pretty slow episode but it's a good setup for the next one. I want to see some more Kariya soon.
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 16:06   Link #33
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Slow? hm, it's a two cour, if a servant died every episode we would need 50 of them

The episode continued character built-up, it's a huge cast... 15-20 characters... and despite some posters' expectation both this and F/SN are novels, so action non-stop is not the objective... yet because of the transition to anime it can be complementing very well the plot and characterization, like in Rakkyou.

Now for Maiya X Kiritsugu, it's very common, while being in love and/or married to have an affair, even a long one. Especially in older times marriage was rarely confused with love, and usually retained it's original purpose... ownership, it's a rather modern phenomenon to try to bind legally and/or morally the people you love
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 16:35   Link #34
Kagayaki

I'm having a great time here

And I can already tell that the OST for this show is going to be mind-blowingly awesome.

Now to see how the action sequences will be...
Old 2011-10-15, 16:35   Link #35
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was wondering why Rider used a device as ancient as a VCR to watch his movies... then I saw Bill Clinton and I rememberd this story takes place in the 90s. This had totally slipped my mind, haha.

Assassin really died after all... but no problem, there's a dozen more of them around. What the hell? Was there a promotion at the servant store or something? I assume they're all weak as shit compared to regular servants, otherwise it's completely unfair. At any rate, that explains why Kirei had no qualms about sending Assassin to his death last week.

& Screw Kiritsugu. I'll be shipping Iri x Saber from now on! They look so adorable together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
How is the Church giving Kirei sanctuary when his "servant(s)" aren't dead? That's pretty hacks, so his dad (representing the church) is in it together with Kirei?
Did you not watch the first episode? They're conspiring to have Tokiomi win.
Old 2011-10-15, 16:42   Link #36
Yuna Amakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
And I can already tell that the OST for this show is going to be mind-blowingly awesome.
Hoho, we already knew this was going to happen, being Kajiura the composer

Although I personally didn't like her latest work very much myself
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 16:53   Link #37
Aqua Knight

Awesome Lancer!
Btw were we shown Lancer's summoning scene or not?
Old 2011-10-15, 17:08   Link #38
LunarMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Awesome Lancer!
Btw were we shown Lancer's summoning scene or not?
Nope. We were only shown Archer's, Saber's, Caster's, Berserker's, and Rider's summoning. This is the first time we've seen Lancer outside of the ending video.
LunarMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 17:32   Link #39
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was wondering why Rider used a device as ancient as a VCR to watch his movies... then I saw Bill Clinton and I rememberd this story takes place in the 90s. This had totally slipped my mind, haha.

Assassin really died after all... but no problem, there's a dozen more of them around. What the hell? Was there a promotion at the servant store or something? I assume they're all weak as shit compared to regular servants, otherwise it's completely unfair. At any rate, that explains why Kirei had no qualms about sending Assassin to his death last week.

& Screw Kiritsugu. I'll be shipping Iri x Saber from now on! They look so adorable together.

Did you not watch the first episode? They're conspiring to have Tokiomi win.
Well I didn't know the Church would actually be willing to cheat to make it happen. And also in episode 2, they made it seem as though Kirei actually did betray Tokiomi.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 17:34   Link #40
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Kajiura san stepping up her game in the episode,there was some pretty epic BGM in this episode.

But really,Kajiura music set to slow paced episode with a bunch of people talking....did ufotable turn into bee train?