AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-01, 08:20   Link #81
janipani

Monet is not going to join, she is down to core evil as I already said. No chance... this is not Naruto, with repetitive plot and settings + recycled character designs, sigh... Robin was indeed different case because this plot card can be used only once or the series suck.

I really like this arc. I like it so much that I think I will stop watching anime adaption that they won't ruin it for me. I can already see how they extend every corner and focus on fooling around with smokers crew. It's funny on manga, but damn annoying in anime, because in anime it seems to be shows main purpose when in manga badassery and jokes are in good balance.l

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2012-11-01, 08:46   Link #82
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

whoever the new crew member will be... it better be a girl, that's all i have to say haha
Old 2012-11-01, 08:47   Link #83
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
whoever the new crew member will be... it better be a girl, that's all i have to say haha
Oh! Then atleast make them dress nicely
Old 2012-11-01, 08:51   Link #84
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
He/She was being sarcastic .

Any way considering her personality she doesn't really fit with the crew, remember she mistreated/experimented on the children never once regretting it. Robin obviously did regret most of her actions. Also she saved Luffy and helped the straw hats a couple of times. Monet never has nor does it look like she ever will (she probably hates Zoro as well).
My money is still on dragon kid.

Perfect Zoro being a bad ass chapter, hope we don't have to wait long for another.
It also appears as though Zoro eclipses Sanji (or Sanji has been holding back a lot).
The thing is that Monet is forced to protect Ceasar. If she would help out Law or any of the Strawhats even in the slightest, it could mean her death, since Doflamingo is watching, more or less. Aditionally, people can change. And her new born immense fear of Zorro might accomplish exactly that. This is actually another reason as to why I would like her as a crew mate. There would probably be a very interesting dynamic between her and Zorro.
Old 2012-11-01, 09:28   Link #85
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
The thing is that Monet is forced to protect Ceasar. If she would help out Law or any of the Strawhats even in the slightest, it could mean her death, since Doflamingo is watching, more or less. Aditionally, people can change. And her new born immense fear of Zorro might accomplish exactly that. This is actually another reason as to why I would like her as a crew mate. There would probably be a very interesting dynamic between her and Zorro.
So the kidnapping, drugging, experimenting and "killing" of children is a healthy hobby in between guarding Ceasar?
They are pirates (generally bad people) however if you take away the humor of past chapters you're left with something pretty vile and despicable even for pirates. There's no way you can excuse someone who stoops so low for his/her own life.
Old 2012-11-01, 09:41   Link #86
ZGoten
Custom User Title

^I adressed that already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten
Aditionally, people can change. And her new born immense fear of Zorro might accomplish exactly that.
Also, so far none of the kids have died, as far as we know. She's technically not a killer, yet. And since this is One Piece, she probably never will be.
At least not a killer of children. Chopper and/or Law will save them.
Old 2012-11-01, 09:44   Link #87
james0246

Quote:
So the kidnapping, drugging, experimenting and "killing" of children is a healthy hobby in between guarding Ceasar?
She's kind of doing that because of Caesar not in spite of Caesar. Additionally, we do not know of her motivations beyond serving Caesar.

Quote:
They are pirates (generally bad people) however if you take away the humor of past chapters you're left with something pretty vile and despicable even for pirates. There's no way you can excuse someone who stoops so low for his/her own life.
I'm reminded of Cindry, another attractive and non-traditionally formed female character that worked for a mad scientist and helped perform evil and awful acts (Cindry helped in the rape and forcible removal of the shadows of thousands). While in the control of the evil scientist, she even was forced to fight the Strawhats. It was only after she regained her humanity that she became "good", and though she died when Moriah used Asgard, she was still reformed before her death.

I do not know why Monet does what she does, but if the reason is good enough (and if the children were never actually hurt), then I would have no problem with her being considered for the Strawhats (I also wouldn't care if she didn't join, but that's a different discussion...).
Old 2012-11-01, 10:01   Link #88
mrShady

I don't think anything justifies drugging children even when acting, it's a line people shouldn't cross regardless of their intentions.
And she is helping Ceasar, if she is just there to guard she could have steered clear of participating in the experiments. Also fear for Zoro is a pis poor redemption if you ask me.
I just don't see her becoming a crew member. Since instead of becoming good she is only turning out to be more of a nut as the arc goes on.
Old 2012-11-01, 10:40   Link #89
ZGoten
Custom User Title

The fear for Zorro in itself is no redemption at all, but it might be key for triggering her pursue of redemption.
That's what I wanted to say.

This is not excactly related to my prior statement, but wouldn't it be sort of cool if her fear for Zorro or the Strawhats in general was greater now than her fear for Doflamingo? I could see some interesting scenes panning out with this being the case.
Old 2012-11-01, 11:39   Link #90
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
He/She was being sarcastic .
I know they were. That does not change the fact that the two cases are, in fact, completely different from one another.
Old 2012-11-01, 11:53   Link #91
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Do we really need more crewmates anyway? Oda already has problems giving the existing crew screen time with Brooke, Franky and Robin becoming passengers in the series after their arcs.
Old 2012-11-01, 13:46   Link #92
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
The fear for Zorro in itself is no redemption at all, but it might be key for triggering her pursue of redemption.
That's what I wanted to say.

This is not excactly related to my prior statement, but wouldn't it be sort of cool if her fear for Zorro or the Strawhats in general was greater now than her fear for Doflamingo? I could see some interesting scenes panning out with this being the case.
Personally I doubt she'll get any sort of redemption, however it would be cool if she really would fear Zoro more than Doflamingo. We all know he's half demon any way so it would suit him .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I know they were. That does not change the fact that the two cases are, in fact, completely different from one another.
But the sarcasme is that he doesn't agree with you on that..
I agree with you though.
Old 2012-11-01, 15:55   Link #93
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
But the sarcasme is that he doesn't agree with you on that..
I agree with you though.
I was just playing with the sarcasm.

Anyway, all this like for Monet probably stems from the fact that she's cute, especially when she blushes.

In which case Oda has done another magnificent job of an evil individual who is not treated as evil due to some other feature they have.

Last edited by Dengar; 2012-11-01 at 16:08.
Old 2012-11-01, 17:16   Link #94
AdventSleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Do we really need more crewmates anyway? Oda already has problems giving the existing crew screen time with Brooke, Franky and Robin becoming passengers in the series after their arcs.
I'm not sure about this, but I think I've heard somewhere that Oda aims to have about 10 crew members?

But I do agree with your sentiments. The more members there are, the less focus there is on each one now. Even now I wish some members had some more significance.
Old 2012-11-01, 17:43   Link #95
marvelB

So I guess I'm the only one who's entertaining the possibility of Monet joining Law's crew, then. Admittedly, that idea is just as much of a stretch as the idea of her joining the Straw-Hats, but I can somehow see it working. I mean, both Monet and Law already share a connection through being underlings (well, more like former in Law's case) of Doflamingo's, and remember that they literally swapped hearts together. And somehow, I feel that Law would be less likely than Luffy and co. to question Monet's moral code since he hasn't exactly been portrayed as the most decent person himself. Plus, we saw Law gain a new addition to his crew the last time he teamed up with Luffy (Jean Bart), so who's to say that particular scenario couldn't happen again?

Lastly, since Law is officially allied with the Straw-Hats now, you could say in a certain sense that Monet joining him could kill two birds with one stone as far as the whole nakama thing goes......
Old 2012-11-01, 17:45   Link #96
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Anyway, all this like for Monet probably stems from the fact that she's cute, especially when she blushes.

In which case Oda has done another magnificent job of an evil individual who is not treated as evil due to some other feature they have.
Yep.. works in real life too.. like amanda knox. Narcistic killer raper bitch, but had huge amount sympathy just because of her looks.

Monet is cute, but it doesn't have to mean that she has never been intended to be a good person. She's just twisted and evil.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2012-11-01, 19:41   Link #97
bonsobon

Anyone disappointed with Tashigi? I certainly was. Not that I expected her to actually beat Monet, but I thought she had more than what she showed. Instead she barely did anything at all and would have died if not for Zoro.
Old 2012-11-01, 21:05   Link #98
ninetail1989
Dreamer

this brings up an old question...

Last time during WB stabbing Ice Man....why didnt iceman got injured or anything?..
ppl say because Logia can also use Haki to defend against Haki....unless WB didnt use any Haki when stabbing iceman or WB Haki was just bellow Par at that time due to injury??

but if so....when Monet is facing Tashigi....she mentioned that even if tashigi knew how to use haki....she just need to be faster than her to avoid getting hit...but for someone of Monet standard....why didnt she mentioned anything about using Haki to Defend Against Another Person Haki...since Monet is clearly more superior than Tashigi in so many ways....i mean thats what Iceman Did against WB? ...or am i wrong??

or Monet dont have any Haki at all?
Old 2012-11-01, 23:40   Link #99
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetail1989 View Post

Last time during WB stabbing Ice Man....why didnt iceman got injured or anything?..
ppl say because Logia can also use Haki to defend against Haki....unless WB didnt use any Haki when stabbing iceman or WB Haki was just bellow Par at that time due to injury??

but if so....when Monet is facing Tashigi....she mentioned that even if tashigi knew how to use haki....she just need to be faster than her to avoid getting hit...but for someone of Monet standard....why didnt she mentioned anything about using Haki to Defend Against Another Person Haki...since Monet is clearly more superior than Tashigi in so many ways....i mean thats what Iceman Did against WB? ...or am i wrong??

Apart from having the ability to use Haki, the level of Haki is also a major factor.
Old 2012-11-02, 01:39   Link #100
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetail1989 View Post

it looks like Aokiji made a hole in his body to dodge the blow, thus I guess speed would be the considered answer then. As long as the hole is there BEFORE the haki infused weapon arrives it shouldn't affect the Logia.
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion