AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-14, 23:39   Link #21
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
oh Chihara Minori is 25? do you know the exactly day and month? i had to create a wiki page on her, so if you have any thing else to add, please do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minori_Chihara

Old 2006-04-15, 08:29   Link #22
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
oh Chihara Minori is 25? do you know the exactly day and month? i had to create a wiki page on her, so if you have any thing else to add, please do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minori_Chihara

Comment on seiyuu growth and ability.

Aya Natsume: Fail for pedestrian reading of her lines.

Yuki Nagato: Win for deadpan moe.
Old 2006-04-15, 15:11   Link #23
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
I have a request for Kaoru Choujo which might be a bit unusual. I read your post whenever I see one with your name on it, so I couldn't help but notice that you appreciate seiyuus and that you like to mention you appreciation for the seiyuus in your sig and avy which, for some reason, doesn't extend further than the female voices. I was wondering if you could make an exception and pay homage to Tomokazu Sugita who is a male. After Shuffle, Honey & Clover, and now this, I say he is worthy of the honor of being mentioned by you and have momentary recognition by your sig + aviator. He is worth the attention and I'm sure you know it as well.
Thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking of including him as the first male in the hashihime seiyuu gallery, and you convinced me, so he's now there. Mayama and Kyon are both great performances. You'll find Hirano Aya (Haruhi) on the same page of the gallery.

I'm going to stick with Gotou Yuuko as my avatar/sig homage to the SOS-dan, however. I switched to her within hours of the first episode's first broadcast, finally able to honor a seiyuu I've loved for a while.

As for why I concentrate on female seiyuus, it's because they were the first to engage my attention, and there is so much to know about even them that I am hesitant to spread myself too thin. Anyway, I have to admit that my interest is not pure: I'm not just interested in female seiyuus as voice performers, but also as personalities in the entertainment world in Japan.

Here are some caps from the talk on a Honey & Clover DVD between Sugita-san (Mayama) and Takahashi Mikako (Yamada). Sugita-san is long and lean (5'10", 125 lb.), has done Shaolin martial arts, and loves his Honda Steed 400VLX. Everyone please feel free to use these caps however you like:

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-04-15 at 17:29.
Old 2006-04-15, 15:39   Link #24
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Holy crap... it's like Rivers Cuomo's Japanese twin!
Old 2006-04-16, 15:05   Link #25
lavielove

The way she danced in the Itsudatte My Santa ED song ,"Kimi Kara Onegai" music video is very much similar to the dancing sequence in the anime.IMO
Old 2006-04-16, 15:47   Link #26
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
oh Chihara Minori is 25? do you know the exactly day and month? i had to create a wiki page on her, so if you have any thing else to add, please do. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minori_Chihara
I added some stuff from the Japanese Wikipedia page: birth info, astrological sign, nickname, CDs, links. And put a long "u" on seiyu, to match other places in Wikipedia.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-04-18, 12:56   Link #27
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking of including him as the first male in the hashihime seiyuu gallery, and you convinced me, so he's now there. Mayama and Kyon are both great performances. You'll find Hirano Aya (Haruhi) on the same page of the gallery.

I'm going to stick with Gotou Yuuko as my avatar/sig homage to the SOS-dan, however. I switched to her within hours of the first episode's first broadcast, finally able to honor a seiyuu I've loved for a while.

As for why I concentrate on female seiyuus, it's because they were the first to engage my attention, and there is so much to know about even them that I am hesitant to spread myself too thin. Anyway, I have to admit that my interest is not pure: I'm not just interested in female seiyuus as voice performers, but also as personalities in the entertainment world in Japan.

Here are some caps from the talk on a Honey & Clover DVD between Sugita-san (Mayama) and Takahashi Mikako (Yamada). Sugita-san is long and lean (5'10", 125 lb.), has done Shaolin martial arts, and loves his Honda Steed 400VLX. Everyone please feel free to use these caps however you like:
Dude's a hunk! And that's a nice bike. I became a fan of Gotou after episode 19 of Shuffle and then Lamune convinced me that she is special. Sugita's voice acting for Rin what kept me interested in Shuffle though Rin (Rin deserved his harem) is hated by so many Kaede-fans. His role in Honey & Clover is one of the reason why that show is amusing. Kyon is another replica of his detached, bored role which can make a show interesting. Anyway, if you ever decide to include a male seiyuu for your sig-of-appreciation, start with him.

Nice website btw!
Old 2006-04-18, 13:09   Link #28
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Sugita is just perfect as Kyon.

I first noticed his performance as Hideki in Chobits, Hideki, like Rin from Shuffle!, has to make do with all sorts of fanservicey situations. But Sugita handled them well, his voice is neither too pretentious, nor is it too subtle, thus making Hideki/Rin more believable as characters.

Plus his deep tone is perfect for carrying the occasional witty remark Hideki/Rin makes in those series.

Kyo-Ani has picked the best man for the male lead.
Old 2006-04-20, 02:36   Link #29
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
Sugita is just perfect as Kyon....
I just saw the first episode of Gintama, and he's good in that, too.

Hirano Aya, Haruhi's VA:

She's 18, had her first role at 15 as Monkey Momo in Tenshi no Shippo, is in four animes this spring (Haruhi, MagiPoka, NANA, and Himawari), actually sang the classical pieces her character sang in Canvas2, and is a first-year university student.

I apologize for cross-posting this with the ep3 discussion, but I thought it belonged here.
Old 2006-04-28, 11:46   Link #30
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Seiyuu-related post in the ep 4 thread. Gives various details about Gotou Yuko, and says how she, Hirano Aya and Chihara Minori are all comparatively intellectual.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-05-23 at 20:29.
Old 2006-05-03, 17:37   Link #31
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I'm starting to really like hirano aya, i saw this video on youtube, she was in this entertainment show.

Shes really sweet and appears to be very talented. I love her singing voice and she made haruhi such a great character.

Also its rare to find a VA thats actually younger than me, i just turned 19 last week lol
Old 2006-05-23, 14:38   Link #32
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Thumbs up everyone

Yup, she's cute AND talented indeed, but I don't know why my vote goes to Kyon. ^^
I got worried, recently, as I realized I'm more attracted by male voices than female voices. How do you think I chose my avvie?
Old 2006-05-24, 06:17   Link #33
eggplant
Eggplant

Here is a videoclip of the three female protagonists (from left: Chihara Minori (Yuki), Hirano Aya (Haruhi), and Gotou Yuuko (Mikuru), expressing their thanks for having the ending song Hare Hare Yukai reach number 5 on the Oricon charts.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

Old 2006-05-24, 16:50   Link #34
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Thanks, eggplant. What a great chance to see all three of them together.

But wait, there's more: on datorrents and tokyotosho there's now a video of Hirano Aya (Haruhi) in a photo session as a traditional Japanese archer. Shown on Voice NewType TV 2006.05.10. The master tells her about the Japanese bow's 2000-year history, and praises her for learning as much as she did in such a short time. She is strong, but self-deprecatory, and the bow hurts her hand.

She seems like a very nervous and controlled person to me. Maybe that's just the appearance given by normally extreme Japanese formal politeness. But she gives me the impression of being a driven achiever: she's a classically-trained singer as well as (supposedly) a university student, and she has been working as a seiyuu and pop singer since the age of 15 (she's 18 now). Whatever the case, the smooth, sharp strength of her voice as Haruhi, and its ability to turn expressively, is really wonderful.

Just as an aside, watching the Oricon video, I could just about see the three seiyuus' ages: Hirano Aya is 18. Chihara Minori is 25. And Gotou Yuuko is probably 30 or so (she apparently keeps it secret). In a blog post about a previous NewType photo shoot in a school, Gotou-san said that the three of them looked like two students and a teacher.
Old 2006-05-24, 22:01   Link #35
eggplant
Eggplant

Quote:
She seems like a very nervous and controlled person to me. Maybe that's just the appearance given by normally extreme Japanese formal politeness. But she gives me the impression of being a driven achiever: she's a classically-trained singer as well as (supposedly) a university student, and she has been working as a seiyuu and pop singer since the age of 15 (she's 18 now). Whatever the case, the smooth, sharp strength of her voice as Haruhi, and its ability to turn expressively, is really wonderful.
Hirano Aya also enjoys playing the piano and tap dancing, not to mention her impeccable penmanship, as can be seen from this photo for her role in the upcoming game, Galaxy Angel II.

By the way, she is an university student, currently attending Tamagawa University, a rather presitigious school, known for taking in students that have lived abroad, which she did as a child. Makes you wonder how her English speaking skills are.

Old 2006-05-25, 03:49   Link #36
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant
Hirano Aya also enjoys playing the piano and tap dancing, not to mention her impeccable penmanship, as can be seen from this photo for her role in the upcoming game, Galaxy Angel II. By the way, she is an university student, currently attending Tamagawa University, a rather presitigious school, known for taking in students that have lived abroad, which she did as a child. Makes you wonder how her English speaking skills are.
Thanks for the great info. Did she say on the Galaxy Angel page that her special talent was precognition?
Old 2006-05-25, 05:10   Link #37
eggplant
Eggplant

Quote:
Thanks for the great info. Did she say on the Galaxy Angel page that her special talent was precognition?
Right it says予知, which would be clairvoyance, typical of Haruhi, haha.

And her comments regarding her measurements as 宇宙規模, which would be galactic proportions

Old 2006-05-28, 03:01   Link #38
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Contrary to popular belief Aya Hirano was not in 1985's SPT Layzner as most sights seem to say, she wasn't even born at the time.
Old 2006-05-28, 21:11   Link #39
eggplant
Eggplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Contrary to popular belief Aya Hirano was not in 1985's SPT Layzner as most sights seem to say, she wasn't even born at the time.
Right, that was played by Hirano Fumi, whose name in kanji 平野文, can be read Aya as well, causing the mishap.

Of course, Hirano Fumi is best known for playing the role of Lum in the 80s anime Urusei Yatsura, based on Takahashi Rumiko's breakthough manga, but she also has a successuful career as a disk jockey, essayist, and narrator.
I have met her on several occassions a long time ago, and she is such a wonderful person.

Coincidentally, both Hiranos have attended Tamagawa University.

Old 2006-05-29, 21:59   Link #40
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Dude's a hunk! And that's a nice bike. I became a fan of Gotou after episode 19 of Shuffle and then Lamune convinced me that she is special. Sugita's voice acting for Rin what kept me interested in Shuffle though Rin (Rin deserved his harem) is hated by so many Kaede-fans. His role in Honey & Clover is one of the reason why that show is amusing. Kyon is another replica of his detached, bored role which can make a show interesting. Anyway, if you ever decide to include a male seiyuu for your sig-of-appreciation, start with him.

Nice website btw!
jeeze louise...5'10" and only 125 pounds? god damn! that's not lean and long, that's like a human pocky!!
Closed Thread