AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 32 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 21.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 21.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 31 19.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 8.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 3.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 5.00%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-14, 22:08   Link #61
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

As already discussed there are 2 significant changes however I didn't felt they were really bad at all.

To be honest the ommited Flora / Clare scene always felt a bit out of character for me even in the manga. I think that the way it was presented now is more in character for the anime Clare and Flora. And the results are the same Clare got a new friend (she is building quite a harem..)

I also liked how they presented the undine scene it mostly was the same however they added Deneve covering up for Undine with the added Helen scene. Still Undine's real form is moe.

And lastly its strange that they made HIM such a pretty boy just like Isley. Maybe they want to appeal to the few girls who watch this show?
Old 2007-08-14, 22:11   Link #62
Flora20709
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Flora20709 Send a message via Yahoo to Flora20709
Ohh i know who HIM is
Old 2007-08-14, 22:13   Link #63
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emu777 View Post
Just to ask where did you get the episode?
Is it just the raw or has it been subbed already?
It is the RAW, for manga readers, The RAW is 90% possible to watch.
Old 2007-08-14, 22:16   Link #64
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quichy20709 View Post
Maybe Flora Trained With Irene And THe Developed Her Own Technique {Unlike the thief clare} the Windcutter
That would make Flora very, very old. I can see that she may had look into history of other Claymore who had fast attack sword and maybe they had Irena name in but how she figure Clare had it is beyond me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Probably plot forcing to furnish a finale in the end which will end it. Which is sad. As was said before, I'd prefer a Berserk ending to a made up one.
I would hate to see poor ending. We still got 6 more episode hope they do justice to what has been solid 19 episode thus far.
Old 2007-08-14, 22:31   Link #65
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxanato View Post
I would hate to see poor ending. We still got 6 more episode hope they do justice to what has been solid 19 episode thus far.
From the looks of it they are changing only some parts, probably deciding it would be better to show them in this manner while animated. From how the plot is building it is still staying in touch with the overall flow of the manga. We do get HIM after all, which makes me think for the future.
Old 2007-08-14, 22:34   Link #66
emu777
Shapeshifter Imperius

I would also like to see the next few eposodes to see HIM in action it would be nice if the gave the coming fight solid animation throughout.
Old 2007-08-14, 23:06   Link #67
blackmarks

i was thinking this series would be 24 episodes but someone earlier said 26; is there an official number? that said, i wonder if we will see isley's true form in this series? the kind of epic battle he should require, let alone with priscilla at his side, seems further away than 4-6 episodes.

Spoiler for next battle:

more helen is never bad.
Old 2007-08-14, 23:21   Link #68
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxanato View Post
That would make Flora very, very old. I can see that she may had look into history of other Claymore who had fast attack sword and maybe they had Irena name in but how she figure Clare had it is beyond me.
I think Flora saw Clare use it in the last ep and figure it out. She must have known well about this part of history. It is very easy, even clare search everything about that event and she knew anout Irene's name the first time she spoke to Irene. She was surprised. Same could go with Flora. If she did her homework, she should be able to recognize that flash sword technique right away and make the connection. There can't be that many of claymores who can use this high rank of technique.
Old 2007-08-15, 02:05   Link #69
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
I think Flora saw Clare use it in the last ep and figure it out. She must have known well about this part of history. It is very easy, even clare search everything about that event and she knew anout Irene's name the first time she spoke to Irene. She was surprised. Same could go with Flora. If she did her homework, she should be able to recognize that flash sword technique right away and make the connection. There can't be that many of claymores who can use this high rank of technique.
Last episode, Flora was simply surprised that # 47 (dead last) had a quicker (or in her ego, as quick a technique) as the Windcutter. I think that's why she wanted to speak to Clare but the Slashers were having a private meeting.

Quote:
From the looks of it they are changing only some parts, probably deciding it would be better to show them in this manner while animated. From how the plot is building it is still staying in touch with the overall flow of the manga. We do get HIM after all, which makes me think for the future.
I've been waiting for THAT character for a long time. How are they going to animate THAT character and the voice as well? hmmmm
Old 2007-08-15, 04:59   Link #70
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

So HE does appear, so all this original bonding experiences are to "improve" the reasons for the developments in the fight with HIM?

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2007-08-15, 05:48   Link #71
hamstar
just passing by

20 was done pretty well despite the obvious departure from the manga.

btw... is anyone else getting sick of the same OP?

I guess with 6 episodes left they wont change it.
Old 2007-08-15, 06:00   Link #72
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Why they want to spend more money on new OP?
Old 2007-08-15, 06:14   Link #73
BrokenWingz

I wouldn't mind seeing them at least updating the opening with new characters that will be showing up.

Might give the episode a 7, seeming as "that" scene is gone but I'll see after the episode.
Old 2007-08-15, 06:15   Link #74
Icey

HIM, do u mean HE? HE as in the
Spoiler for HIM:
Old 2007-08-15, 06:53   Link #75
IMSabbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icey View Post
Spoiler for HIM:
Well, it should be a "superb" person, i guess...
Old 2007-08-15, 07:16   Link #76
witchking99
Lord Of Spoils

Quote:
Spoiler for HIM:

I believe you have figure it out who "HIM" is.
Old 2007-08-15, 07:47   Link #77
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
Quote:
Spoiler for HIM:
Hakunamatata (or however that goes), what a wonderful series! Too bad I have no idea what you mean with "he".
Old 2007-08-15, 08:06   Link #78
OMG_Zerg_Rush

FYI "his" VA is Hiro Yuuki, unless im thinking of someone else
________
Volcano Vaporizer

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 15:03.
Old 2007-08-15, 08:29   Link #79
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I am not really sure who HIM is. I do agree that flow still very much the same. THe bonding that happen in this episode is important. Much like when Clare met Miria, Helen and Deneve. This episode has give Clare more friend and people to look up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
Clare remember her from when she saw her part of the group sent to kill Teresa but she didn't know any names at the time. It was the research Clare did where she found out what their name were. When she finally met Irena she had name to match the face that hadn't change since Clare was chibi.

I guess for the purpose of this episode we are to believe that Flora some how knew Irena form of attack. I will leave at that cause we are getting to speculative to resource that Claymore may have.
Old 2007-08-15, 08:32   Link #80
kageyame

Send a message via MSN to kageyame Send a message via Yahoo to kageyame
Ok, Since I haven't seen it yet:

Wrex Blog for Episode20
Closed Thread