AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-10-21, 04:10   Link #1
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Fable II

So it comes out today! YAY! Let us list our Xbox Live Names so we can play together yada yada.

In other news, I've been reading Gamefaq forums and so many people say it sucks/Dissapointment and so on and so fourth just like Fable1. But we all know not to listen to the idiots that post stupid stuff on those forums right?
Old 2008-10-21, 04:59   Link #2
Lebron
I hear voices

You messed up by going to Gamefaqs to get feedback, shame on you!

Nah, but just looking at all the reviews will give you an idea that it's the real deal. A couple of my friends got it early last week and really are enjoying it. They have some crazy stories between each other. Things ranging from promiscuous spouses, STDs, obesity, and delinquent children :P

the game should be in my mailbox come Wed/Thurs.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 05:38   Link #3
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Na I knew what I was lookin at, I found most of it amusing if I want feed back about a game I go here or I play the game my self. People are crying about no mini map and load times, What idiots.. I mean look at Oblivion, that didn't have a minimap AND had somewhat long loading times, But It STILL RULED ALL.

Seriously I hate poor reviews of the game from low class 4chan/gamfaq fa*s

I also wonder, will there be a Fable III?

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2008-10-21 at 05:54.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 05:58   Link #4
Lebron
I hear voices

I don't know. Fable II will sell well, just like Fable(despite the crying). So I think they'll definitely get the green light for a sequel. Granted, I think they're working on another project now that Fable II is out of the way. I remember Peter M talking about it a while back. So if they do make a Fable III, I don't think we'll see it till the new Xbox launches.

Edit: unless they do some type of add on DLC type of thing. Sort of like a Fable 2.5 I guess.
Old 2008-10-21, 08:03   Link #5
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

The only game that makes me wish i had a 360. God i loved Fable (and i could only play the half game due to it crashing always at the clifftop path [old thomson drive]).
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 22:04   Link #6
kujoe
from head to heel

I like the first Fable, though I also think that much of its original potential was lost along the way. I'm hoping that Fable II would meet my expectations this time around.

Personally, I like the fact that you can change and grow old as you play on. And if I'm not mistaken, you can also raise a family in this one. Hopefully, the spouse and the child just won't be your usual cardboard cutout NPCs. I remember the first Fable having only one potential spouse with an actual plot surrounding her. Too bad she's on the "lawful evil" side. (Pardon the D&D terminology. )
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 00:40   Link #7
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

i've been playin for a while, if anyone wants to do some Co Op just Invite me as a Friend "Kyero Fox" is my Xbox live name,
Old 2008-10-22, 14:59   Link #8
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I don't remember the last time I was up past midnight playing a game without getting tired... >.>
Fable 2 has addicted me x_x
Old 2008-10-23, 19:59   Link #9
Lebron
I hear voices

played for a bit(occupied with Far Cry 2), and it's cool so far. Love the way they implemented the dog. Only thing is, his treasure finding skills are sometimes wonky. Combat is still basic right now, but fun. It's also nice interacting, and hearing, other people(orbs) while your playing through your game. Funniest thing I've heard was while I was in town was some random guy came out of no where with, " I have 13 STDs, can anyone help me please?". I just busted out laughing when I heard that.

on a negative note, I forgot how much I hate the in-game cutscenes. I just hate how they implement them, really takes you out of the experience. The couple of CGI ones I saw were good, but other than that, meh. Then again, maybe I've been spoiled by games like Mass Effect.
Old 2008-10-23, 20:13   Link #10
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I hope they plan to release it for PC as well.. most likely they will but I hope it is soon
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 00:01   Link #11
einhorn303

Is there any way at all to make your character younger, or slow/stop aging? I don't want my character to get all old and ugly. Ah, how I wish you could play a loli character throughout the whole thing.

Biggest problem of Fable 2: Accidentally pulling out your crossbow in the middle of town and having all the villagers runaway from you in fright. Damn Y button ^_^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
I hope they plan to release it for PC as well.. most likely they will but I hope it is soon
Same here. Personally, I bloody hate consoles...I don't buy them at all. Just lucky enough that my older brother bought himself a 360 for Christmas, pretty much just to play this one game.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 00:25   Link #12
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Is there any way at all to make your character younger, or slow/stop aging? I don't want my character to get all old and ugly. Ah, how I wish you could play a loli character throughout the whole thing.

thats disturbing yo...
Old 2009-01-13, 01:18   Link #13
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post

Biggest problem of Fable 2: Accidentally pulling out your crossbow in the middle of town and having all the villagers runaway from you in fright. Damn Y button ^_^;
You can't. Growing into adulthood is part of the plot. Without spoiling too much, there's an important quest that involves aging specifically, but it's reversible later on.

Actually, Fable II is much better in the aging department than the way the first Fable handles it. Before, you would age every time you chose to level up. Needless to say, it can get pretty weird when NPCs start treating you like some young hero-in-the-making when you look like someone in his sixties.

In Fable II, aging is solely based on where you currently are in the story.

Oh yeah, DLC will be available tomorrow. Looking forward to it... hopefully, a lot of annoying bugs will be fixed.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 15:05   Link #14
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Does anyone else besides me really hate the running/moving animation? It looks like he's gliding across every surface.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 13:50   Link #15
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
thats disturbing yo...
Disturbing? Come on, this is in the same forum as Key games and Touhou :P

After playing some more, I've started to really appreciate how awesome Time Control is. I created a new character with the restriction of "You can never buy or use non-starting weapons," in order to focus on magic and create a hardcore Will user. Time Control is the workhorse of the heavy Will user...there most important resource is time, the time they take to charge up spells. What's even better is dropping a high level Time Control, and then using that window to drop another Time Control at the end, creating an endless chain.

It's also really fun to hear villagers talk all slow. I run away from the main crowd so as to not scare them, cast Lv 5. Time Control, then run back in and hear them tell me that "Yoooooouuuuur aaaa daaaaaannnnnciiiiiing loooooooon" in bizarre slowed-down voices. A bit childish, I guess, but there's lots of other fun trcisk you can do with slowing down time. Plus you get to feel like you're Sakuya Izayoi or something.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote