AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-11, 08:54   Link #1421
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

For the record, JitBs are invincible while they are stealthed. This is the biggest buff for him ever, since it's hard to counterjungle him now in the beginning as you need someone to trigger his nest. And those JitBS hurt like hell, making it a very risky proposition destroying them since you will get gibbed if fear makes you run the wrong direction.

And I personally don't fear AD shacos. Drag the game on long enough without feeding him too much, and its practically a 4v5. His early game damage has been neutered that smart play can save yourself from ganks, and he sucks in lane, so avoiding feeding him is relatively easy.

AP shacos on the other hand, in early game can obliterate even Rammus on dbc if he stacked JitBs on a bush. Which means you have to be EXTREMELY wary if he's jungling (he's most likely counterjungling), and makes lane AP Shaco a VERY hard lane to gank since you don't know where those boxes are at. The bush domination support Shaco gives to his AD carry is immense, and while he doesn't give his lane mate sustain, if paired with an aggressive AD carry they can really dominate the traditional bot lane if played well. So much harder to avoid feeding the AP counterpart than AD.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 11:55   Link #1422
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Maybe so, but jitb takes a seriously long time to make a deathtrap, and no person in their right mind would chase Shaco in the jungle, so his late-game efficiency is gimped even if he's fed. AD Shaco can still get in a TF and play his part.
Quote:
What makes her so bad? because of her health? or just if she doesn't get fed shes useless?

Also just one thing to everyone what does Ss mean
Evelynn isn't bad, I've carried low-elo games with her a ways back. If you know how to play her right, she can easily destroy many targets if you've invested in survivability as much as damage (like buying Rylai's for AP&HP, zhonya's for AP&Armor and Abyssal scepter for AP&MR). If your early game turns out to be bad though, she's just an annoying KSer who can't gank by herself.

About ss: short for miss, you call it out when your lane opponent is missing, meaning they're moving to another lane to gank one of your teammates. If they come back without ganking, you call re (for recall).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 12:09   Link #1423
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

What rank is recommended for Jungling?
Old 2011-11-11, 12:20   Link #1424
Kafriel
Senior Guest

All ranks as long as you got access to T3 runes. Jungling is a race against time, just pick up runes, find out the right masteries, practice a bit in custom and then hit the PvP. Counter-jungling is optional if you're into that kind of thing, and you can ask for protection at the beginning just to be sure. Some champions like WW and Nunu could probably jungle even without runes, they're pretty strong when it comes to sustaining themselves.
Old 2011-11-11, 12:38   Link #1425
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Isn't shyvana supose to be a great Jungler?
Old 2011-11-11, 13:04   Link #1426
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Maybe so, but jitb takes a seriously long time to make a deathtrap, and no person in their right mind would chase Shaco in the jungle, so his late-game efficiency is gimped even if he's fed. AD Shaco can still get in a TF and play his part.
You seem to be ignoring the fact that this is a really really powerful tool for Shaco. Even if the enemy is smart enough to avoid walking into traps, the fact that it's literally impossible to do anything about the boxes (since they're invincible before they activate) gives him free reign to do whatever he wants. It's not just a matter of "don't chase Shaco", it's a matter of "Shaco cannot be chased".

I don't think Shaco is OP, but he's really really annoying to fight against. Unfun.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 14:07   Link #1427
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Shyvana is like female version of Olaf. Quick, but risky. Not to mention their ganks are just meh. But come late game they're a force to be reckoned with... if they can get their late game.

@Clarste
Exactly. Counterjungling him now is next to impossible, or if you do you do it at big risk. I made my points before in response to someone saying its easy to counterjungle shaco, when the opposite is the case now.

It's not as if Shaco is unbeatable, or even OP (I've beaten Shaco in jungle many times, or at least foiled his many attempts to countejungle me). It's just that it sucks the fun out of the game if he's the one doing it; I'd literally rather have any other hero counterjungle me.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 14:10   Link #1428
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Is next week supposed to be Shyvana free week? Burned the junglers in this week's roster, worst one being Nasus...gotta try someone else now Oh, and how long has it been since Shaco's last free week, about a year?

Quote:
You seem to be ignoring the fact that this is a really really powerful tool for Shaco. Even if the enemy is smart enough to avoid walking into traps, the fact that it's literally impossible to do anything about the boxes (since they're invincible before they activate) gives him free reign to do whatever he wants. It's not just a matter of "don't chase Shaco", it's a matter of "Shaco cannot be chased".
I won't refer to counterjungling, since at that point yes, it's hard to do so, but assuming mid/late game, you CAN get a ranged champion to buy an oracle's elixir and roam the jungle for ganks. JitB has a limited range, should be ~420 or so. There's also the option of a QSS on someone like Alistar, one pulverize takes care of the problem.
Old 2011-11-11, 14:14   Link #1429
Xacual

Quote:
Is next week supposed to be Shyvana free week? Burned the junglers in this week's roster, worst one being Nasus...gotta try someone else now Oh, and how long has it been since Shaco's last free week, about a year?

I won't refer to counterjungling, since at that point yes, it's hard to do so, but assuming mid/late game, you CAN get a ranged champion to buy an oracle's elixir and roam the jungle for ganks. JitB has a limited range, should be ~420 or so.
Shaco was free a month or two ago at most because I remember playing him after i did a Riven game.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 14:15   Link #1430
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Thanks Kafriel really helpful Well its just the champion I like at the moment I like being "under the rader" so I just chose her because I knew she had stealth and a good burst.
Old 2011-11-11, 15:50   Link #1431
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Shyvana is like female version of Olaf. Quick, but risky. Not to mention their ganks are just meh. But come late game they're a force to be reckoned with... if they can get their late game.

@Clarste
Exactly. Counterjungling him now is next to impossible, or if you do you do it at big risk. I made my points before in response to someone saying its easy to counterjungle shaco, when the opposite is the case now.

It's not as if Shaco is unbeatable, or even OP (I've beaten Shaco in jungle many times, or at least foiled his many attempts to countejungle me). It's just that it sucks the fun out of the game if he's the one doing it; I'd literally rather have any other hero counterjungle me.
They scatter when I ult them into a tower and start Noming on them.
Old 2011-11-11, 16:34   Link #1432
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
I've played with a jungling Shyvana and found her very effective at it. She's especially great at ganking when she is level 6 since she can just ult + leap the target to get decimated.
Old 2011-11-11, 16:36   Link #1433
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
What rank is recommended for Jungling?
22 would be earliest I'd suggest as having full utility or defensive masteries with improved smite can help your ability to jungle a good bit.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 17:40   Link #1434
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
I went back to smurf to climb out of ELO hell and wow, and it is rough. I have three account: One at s1gold/s2gold, one s1 bronze/silver, 1 bronze/-1100(purposely). Climbing out of 1100 is harder than climbing from 1400 to 1500.
Old 2011-11-12, 02:12   Link #1435
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

New masteries reveal, simply awesome so many more choices than the current ones (I personally like the two ones specializing at tower pushing and the gold ones for defensive and utility), and lots of stuff has been adjusted, moved, or both. Also see the news article for ideas behind it.
MAL
Old 2011-11-12, 05:10   Link #1436
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah, I think the demotion of spell masteries will be most vital, especially moving ghost/exhaust together, and bladed armor? Can't wait to try them out...
Old 2011-11-12, 05:12   Link #1437
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

I already know inititiator/swiftness will be boss on Singed.
Old 2011-11-12, 05:54   Link #1438
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Yeah, I think the demotion of spell masteries will be most vital, especially moving ghost/exhaust together, and bladed armor? Can't wait to try them out...
Bladed armor and a few other changes seem like jungling could change a fair amount , though the bonus exp from awareness deep in the tree for utility now, I wonder what set-up will be best for them now.

Maybe more tanks besides rammus or amumu will be viable for jungling?
MAL
Old 2011-11-12, 09:02   Link #1439
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Bladed armor and a few other changes seem like jungling could change a fair amount , though the bonus exp from awareness deep in the tree for utility now, I wonder what set-up will be best for them now.

Maybe more tanks besides rammus or amumu will be viable for jungling?
I've already seen Jarvan/Malphite/Shen jungle, they're all viable, there's probably just better people for it though.
But yeah, maybe they'll be picked more often.
Old 2011-11-12, 19:03   Link #1440
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoshuriken View Post
I've already seen Jarvan/Malphite/Shen jungle, they're all viable, there's probably just better people for it though.
But yeah, maybe they'll be picked more often.
J4 bites in the jungle lol. the nerf to his mana costs makes him a shitty jungler now
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol