AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2013-01-02, 07:19   Link #241
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I don’t know about you guys, but I have this crazy idea for the movie: At some point, Goku & Vegeta will be forced to use permanent fusion technique (like Kai earrings), merging both of them forever into Vegitto or Gogeta -> finish the enemy -> continue to live as Vegitto/Gogeta. Imagine how shocked Bulma and Chichi will be when they meet their “new husband”. He’ll be smart and prideful like Vegeta but also kind and caring like Goku. Ideal husband get! (but they have to share )
Old 2013-01-02, 12:29   Link #242
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I don’t know about you guys, but I have this crazy idea for the movie: At some point, Goku & Vegeta will be forced to use permanent fusion technique (like Kai earrings), merging both of them forever into Vegitto or Gogeta -> finish the enemy -> continue to live as Vegitto/Gogeta. Imagine how shocked Bulma and Chichi will be when they meet their “new husband”. He’ll be smart and prideful like Vegeta but also kind and caring like Goku. Ideal husband get! (but they have to share )
Dude that was already brought up in Raging Blast and for no reason. Yeah, that game was like a fanfiction. See here.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 12:38   Link #243
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Interesting. What did he do that makes him seem so superior to Super Buu to you? Because while both clearly overpower SSJ3 Goku, both were easily outclassed by a Goku+Vegeta fusion. And in Buu's defense, he did have to take on the stronger of the two fusions (since Kai earrings > fusion dance).
If he's anything like me, he instantly looks down on a villain who would've been defeated multiple times over if not for regeneration. Seriously, that's got to be the worst idea for a power ever. It was fine when it was just limbs on Namekians, but then Cell and Buu took it far too extreme.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 14:56   Link #244
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Dude that was already brought up in Raging Blast and for no reason. Yeah, that game was like a fanfiction. See here.
Wow, really? Well, I've never been a gamer dude, so I'm not really up-to-date about any DBZ games.
Old 2013-01-02, 18:57   Link #245
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Interesting. What did he do that makes him seem so superior to Super Buu to you? Because while both clearly overpower SSJ3 Goku, both were easily outclassed by a Goku+Vegeta fusion. And in Buu's defense, he did have to take on the stronger of the two fusions (since Kai earrings > fusion dance).
I don't base the power of fusions, I'm basing it on how each handled SS3. Kid Buu and SS3 Goku were evenly matched. The problem however is that Goku was alive and could only handle the SS3 energy for a short amount of time.

When Goku fought Janemba however, he was dead in Other World, which means he could use the SS3 transformation much better. When he came up against Janemba's second form though, it didn't matter. Goku got about 2 hits on him, and they did nothing.

So while Goku should have had the clear advantage in Other World, he didn't. Because Janemba was a power house of pain.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2013-01-02 at 19:15.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 19:27   Link #246
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I don't base the power of fusions, I'm basing it on how each handled SS3. Kid Buu and SS3 Goku were evenly matched. The problem however is that Goku was alive and could only handle the SS3 energy for a short amount of time.
Super Buu, not Kid Buu. Kid Buu was far, far, far weaker than Super Buu. Like, at least 1/4th the power (Kid Buu + Fat Buu = Super Buu, Super Buu was on par with SSJ Gotenks, Super Buu absorbed SSJ3 Gotenks after getting whooped, Gotenks Buu whooped on Gohan, and then after that ended he absorbed Gohan).

Also, the whole living/dead body thing doesn't affect how strong Goku is. All it affected was how long he could maintain SSJ3, due to strain.
Old 2013-01-02, 19:43   Link #247
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Super Buu, not Kid Buu. Kid Buu was far, far, far weaker than Super Buu. Like, at least 1/4th the power (Kid Buu + Fat Buu = Super Buu, Super Buu was on par with SSJ Gotenks, Super Buu absorbed SSJ3 Gotenks after getting whooped, Gotenks Buu whooped on Gohan, and then after that ended he absorbed Gohan).

Also, the whole living/dead body thing doesn't affect how strong Goku is. All it affected was how long he could maintain SSJ3, due to strain.
For me, I always thought that there was reason for that.
A combination of not enough power and neglecting of his training. If you compare them Gohan(that fought Cell) and the Gohan(that fought Buu) the former was a better fighter.
Old 2013-01-02, 19:53   Link #248
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
^^This. After he absorbed mystic Gohan, both Super Buu and Janemba easily overpower SSJ3 Goku. It'd be difficult to know for sure who was the stronger villain at that point.

Last edited by sayde; 2013-01-02 at 22:17.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 20:54   Link #249
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I think even after freeing Goten, Trunks, Gohan and Piccolo from Buu's body Goku admitted he and Vegeta were still no match for Super Buu. The more I think about this the more I think Goku who killed Buu for fanservice.
Old 2013-01-02, 21:41   Link #250
Marikina

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
For me, I always thought that there was reason for that.

A combination of not enough power and neglecting of his training. If you compare them Gohan(that fought Cell) and the Gohan(that fought Buu) the former was a better fighter.
The only reason he dominated Cell back then was overwhelming power, which he didn't have against Buutenks. Even if we're going to say it's about skills Gohan got back into shape while he was in Kaioshinkai, and it was moot anyway since aside from being stronger Buutenks also had Piccolo's mind.
Marikina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 01:42   Link #251
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
This idea isn't possible because this movie takes place before the 28th World Martial Arts Tournament (end of Z), and we see at that tournament that Goku and Vegeta are separate beings. Not only that, but the Potara earrings were destroyed, so they'll never be used again.
Old 2013-01-03, 03:20   Link #252
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
This idea isn't possible because this movie takes place before the 28th World Martial Arts Tournament (end of Z), and we see at that tournament that Goku and Vegeta are separate beings. Not only that, but the Potara earrings were destroyed, so they'll never be used again.
Well, like I said in my post: it's a crazy idea .
Old 2013-01-03, 13:10   Link #253
GDB

Quote:
I think even after freeing Goten, Trunks, Gohan and Piccolo from Buu's body Goku admitted he and Vegeta were still no match for Super Buu. The more I think about this the more I think Goku who killed Buu for fanservice.
Goku being the one to kill him was definitely fan service. However, it's up for debate whether Goku could've won against plain Super Buu. Goku was putting a pounding on Fat Majin Buu for a while without really getting hit in return, so he clearly had a sizeable advantage. However, Super Buu was stronger (not by much, mind you) and a far better fighter. It'd probably be about even, with Buu maybe edging out due to stamina.
Old 2013-01-03, 18:38   Link #254
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marikina View Post
The only reason he dominated Cell back then was overwhelming power, which he didn't have against Buutenks. Even if we're going to say it's about skills Gohan got back into shape while he was in Kaioshinkai, and it was moot anyway since aside from being stronger Buutenks also had Piccolo's mind.
I won't deny the fact that during the fight with Cell, Gohan had way more power then Cell, but he also had more combat know how during that time to better use his power.

I think if Gohan had continued to train and or at least keep his fighting skill honed he would have at least be able to last long enough for the fusion to wear off. Goku and Vegeta state that Gohan was a better fighter as a child.
Old 2013-01-03, 18:55   Link #255
Vicious108

Quote:
Goku, a caring husband? Crazy idea indeed.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 19:15   Link #256
Marikina

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
I won't deny the fact that during the fight with Cell, Gohan had way more power then Cell, but he also had more combat know how during that time to better use his power.

I think if Gohan had continued to train and or at least keep his fighting skill honed he would have at least be able to last long enough for the fusion to wear off. Goku and Vegeta state that Gohan was a better fighter as a child.
Eh, I doubt it. Like I said even if that were true Buutenks still had Piccolo's mind and regardless of how much training he did Gohan's never going to be as skilled as that. Combined with a significant power disparity and he never really stood a chance.
Old 2013-01-03, 19:25   Link #257
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious108 View Post
Goku, a caring husband? Crazy idea indeed.
Hey, he's caring toward Gohan when he was little , before feeding him to Cell .
Old 2013-01-03, 19:55   Link #258
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

It's sad when Vegeta and Piccolo are better fathers to Gohan than Goku. Even Vegeta told Goku off when he did not save his own sons from Earth's destruction.

Quote:
Eh, I doubt it. Like I said even if that were true Buutenks still had Piccolo's mind and regardless of how much training he did Gohan's never going to be as skilled as that. Combined with a significant power disparity and he never really stood a chance.
According to Goku Gohan would have been able to defeat Buucolo since he knows all about Piccolo's tactics. Not to mentioned he overpowered Super Buu without using energy beams just hand to hand combat.
Old 2013-01-03, 20:35   Link #259
GDB

Quote:
Hey, he's caring toward Gohan when he was little , before feeding him to Cell .
We were shown him caring for like, 2 minutes before Raditz showed up. After that, the only father Gohan had was Piccolo.
Old 2013-01-03, 21:19   Link #260
Marikina

Quote:
According to Goku Gohan would have been able to defeat Buucolo since he knows all about Piccolo's tactics. Not to mentioned he overpowered Super Buu without using energy beams just hand to hand combat.
Clearly Gohan didn't know all of Piccolo's tricks. And against Super Buu, he was the one on other side of the power disparity.