Spoiler for 163:
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 06:31   Link #644
alluka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
^

Spoiler for 163:
Will Aladdin choose "the dark side" to help him? I don't think so Creating life is a big no no to him.
Old 2012-11-18, 06:41   Link #645
Awrya
U mad?

163 is out.

As mentioned earlier, it is hinted that Titus is an artificial life form created by Scheherazade (writing this is a pain). My guess is that if he is an artificial life form, simply by living his magoi is being depleted (not to mention casting magic), so he only has time until he runs out of magoi. If Aladdin learns enough about rukh properties, maybe he can supply Titus with white rukh?

Another thought is that the magic crystal, which is embedded in his arm, is causing some kind of reaction? Compared to 151, in 163 you can see veins 'spreading' around the crystal, so maybe it's not safe to have the communication crystal connected to your body all the time?
Aladdin's is an exception, since it was most likely created by Yamu and is safe. After all, how many magicians do we know that require a crystal that can block the rukh from entering their body?
Old 2012-11-18, 06:51   Link #646
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
163 is out.

As mentioned...white rukh?
Or before he dies, he simply merges his remaining Magoi with Marga (see Kassim and Alibaba) to save her and with that fulfilling his promise of being together with her forever.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 07:55   Link #647
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
163 is out.

As mentioned earlier, it is hinted that Titus is an artificial life form created by Scheherazade (writing this is a pain). My guess is that if he is an artificial life form, simply by living his magoi is being depleted (not to mention casting magic), so he only has time until he runs out of magoi. If Aladdin learns enough about rukh properties, maybe he can supply Titus with white rukh?
That then begs the question, why don't Schezy be the one to supply it? The way Schezy responds to Titus hints that it's not something that she can decide to suddenly extend either.

And besides, it's fairly clear that Titus, for most parts, operates like a living human when it comes to magoi replenishment, being that rest allows his magoi supply to return to normal.

Quote:
Another thought is that the magic crystal, which is embedded in his arm, is causing some kind of reaction? Compared to 151, in 163 you can see veins 'spreading' around the crystal, so maybe it's not safe to have the communication crystal connected to your body all the time?
Actually, my impression of that scene was something I speculated a while back, in that... "Titus's crystal wasn't just a communication tool."

Even though Aladdin was quite quick to jump to the assumption, "oh, it just so happens to look like my magoi crystal." I'm far more skeptical... since if that was the case, there is no real need to embed it, no? Just have it as an external tool, just like Aladdin's orb he wears on his head.

It probably has a function very similar to how Aladdin's magoi is restricted, as in it sustains Titus or some sort of stint like that.

Especially since 'artificial life form created by the rukh', thus far... has no human-looking precursors, and have all been giant humanoid masses of blue.... or demonic looking creatures.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 08:09   Link #648
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

He's one hella expressive and cute Ayanami Rei.
Old 2012-11-18, 08:26   Link #649
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

A lot of things to talk about. First, let's go with the black Rukh:
_According to Irene, The first time people witnessed the appearance of "black rukh" is 12 years ago - It's also when the first dungeon appeared. So we're safe to say that Dungeons and Al-sarmen are kinda connected to each other. The "Abnormalities" that Alladin talked about could be the battle between Al-sarmen's magicians and Dungeon's Djinn. Also, Sinbad conquered the first Dungeon without the hepl of any Magi -This made him become the world's first "Irregular Singularity". This could mean that Sinbad actually hold the key to Al-sarmen's plan since they want to break free from destiny. I wouldn't be surprised if Sinbad is revealed to be Solomon's reincarnation ( 7 Djinn chose him to be king! ).

Second, about the connection between Magnoshutatt and Al-sarmen, I think it's safe to say that Magnoshutatt is not on the same path with Al-Sarmen. The black Djinn research seems like it's just in the beginning phase while Al-sarmen has already reach the finish line. And this is why Al-Sarmen want the Kou Empire to take down Magnoshutatt, they don't need competitor! Their goal is "breaking free from destiny" and not "Achieving the knowlegde of life". I think Titus is just jumping to conclusion here.

And Titus, I don't see anything weird with Titus having a short life - span. Be serious, If I'm going to send a spy bot into enemy camp, I would want it to have self-destruct mechanism in case it got discovered. Titus is just a Rukh creation to Scheh ( I'll call her like this for short from now on ), she created him to do her mission, nothing is more important to her than protecting Laem Empire. I think Titus' crystal is also some kind of timed bomb when the time come.

And last but not least, Irene is one weird chick, I bet she has Mogamett fetish or old man fetish.

Last edited by hawkeyesvn; 2012-11-18 at 10:45.
hawkeyesvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 09:32   Link #650
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
Second, about the connection between Magnoshutatt and Al-sarmen, I think it's safe to say that Magnoshutatt is not on the same path with Al-Sarmen. The black Djinn research seems like it's just in the beginning phase while Al-sarmen has already reach the finish line. And this is why Al-Sarmen want the Kou Empire to take down Magnoshutatt, they don't want need competitor!
My speculation is that Al-Sarmen simply have a different foreign policy for the different nations they operate in... depending on their particular needs and use-cases for the respective countries.

For Balbadd, it's pretty clear that Al-Sarmen just wanted a massive revolt, and enough civilian hatred for their black rukh shenanigans.

For Kou, it's loaning them Judal, and various Al-Sarmen mooks (Banker, etc) to be used to gain military strength and financial stranglehold over other nations, solidifying Kou's conquerer agenda in the first place.

For Mognashtat, it's quite obvious they have no plans for any civilian revolt, but rather is probably supporting the Academy in the backgrounds with their superior magical knowledge/ability to create tools... for a still unknown reason.

Ultimately, with the exception of Kou, where Al-Sarmen literally took a leadership role ( albeit with clear disapproval from the heir apparent ), they've never tried to literally take control of the nations they operate in.

They clearly have the ability to, but that's not their agenda. So to that extent, it's extremely likely that those they try to manipulate also have agendas that differ from their plans. ( like the assassination of the former Kou emperor and sons. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
And last but not least, Irene is one weird chick, I bet she has Mogamett fetish or old man fetish.
Fool, it is the indoctrination powah of za MOGABEARD. It makes others think his bullshit is 'not too bad', and have women swoon over his beard!!

Spoiler for tegaki stuff?:

Would be nice if someone could help to verify it or if I'm just talking rubbish based on stuff I can barely read.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2012-11-18, 09:41   Link #651
Rainrir
Tin Can

@Titus

Can his death flag can any more obvious? I just hope it is not the Titus-Marga together in death thing. That would be heartbreaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
He's one hella expressive and cute Ayanami Rei.
You bat on all teams eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
My speculation is that Al-Sarmen simply have a different foreign policy for the different nations they operate in... depending on their particular needs and use-cases for the respective countries.

For Balbadd, it's pretty clear that Al-Sarmen just wanted a massive revolt, and enough civilian hatred for their black rukh shenanigans.

For Kou, it's loaning them Judal, and various Al-Sarmen mooks (Banker, etc) to be used to gain military strength and financial stranglehold over other nations, solidifying Kou's conquerer agenda in the first place.

For Mognashtat, it's quite obvious they have no plans for any civilian revolt, but rather is probably supporting the Academy in the backgrounds with their superior magical knowledge/ability to create tools... for a still unknown reason.

Ultimately, with the exception of Kou, where Al-Sarmen literally took a leadership role ( albeit with clear disapproval from the heir apparent ), they've never tried to literally take control of the nations they operate in.

They clearly have the ability to, but that's not their agenda. So to that extent, it's extremely likely that those they try to manipulate also have agendas that differ from their plans. ( like the assassination of the former Kou emperor and sons. )
Actually, it could be that there are people from Al Sarmen that infiltrated the nation. I mean where else can you make powerful magical tools without arousing the suspicions of power magicians/magis all over the world? Where else but a place that already puts out lots of magicial tools everyday? This can explain the origins of the markings and the material used to make the Dark Metal Vessel since they are made in the place. Not sure if everyone in power in the place knows about the organization, since there seems to be some distance between what the Magoshuatt can do and what Al Sarmen can do. I really doubt there is a direct collaboration between Magoshuatt and Al Sarmen.

Of course, I think Kouen (and his bros) are on to the fact that Al Sarmen does have a presence there, which is why they are attcking it. From what we know Kouen seems to be against the organization, so his attck might not necessarily be sanctioned. Yet, if Moganett is really in league with Al-Sarmen, then the organization would try to clamp down on such action by using their unrivalled political power in the Kou Empire.

Additionally, there are two places that can easily be brought down to the "Black Rukh" if ncessary (as a "kill switch"), Al Sarmen just needs to "turn the knob" for things to go out of control. One of them is Moganett himself, who probably will "fall" if his "utopia" cumbles and magicians get killed left and right again. The other is the 5th, the young already shown signs of discontent, I am not surprisied if the young of the 5th is a excelllent source of Black Rukh as it is.

Quote:
Fool, it is the indoctrination powah of za MOGABEARD. It makes others think his bullshit is 'not too bad', and have women swoon over his beard!!

Would be nice if someone could help to verify it or if I'm just talking rubbish based on stuff I can barely read.
It is correct. It literally says "the type Yamuraiha likes" ...beardy...slightly older. However, not even that would break the Yamu-Shakky canon that was IN THE MANGA. <LALALALA I cannot hear you>.

I am sure Shakky can grow a beard...or mustache. As for the age thing....

Last edited by Rainrir; 2012-11-18 at 10:14.
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 10:11   Link #652
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainrir View Post
You bat on all teams eh?
I can swing on any base as long as the pitcher is cute.
Old 2012-11-18, 10:20   Link #653
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainrir View Post
It is correct. It literally says "the type Yamuraiha likes" ...beardy...slightly older. However, not even that would break the Yamu-Shakky canon that was IN THE MANGA. <LALALALA I cannot hear you>.

I am sure Shakky can grow a beard...or mustache. As for the age thing....
It's hilarious when considering that Sharrkan's technique to win over Yamuraiha in the tegaki is literally a build-up to...

"It can't be helped, I'll marry you since no one else wants to."

Old 2012-11-18, 10:55   Link #654
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:

Oh yeah, you're right! It must be the beard! After all, that's probably what make Lenin and Stalin looks awesome in their portrait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrir
Actually, it could be that there are people from Al Sarmen that infiltrated the nation. I mean where else can you make powerful magical tools without arousing the suspicions of power magicians/magis all over the world? Where else but a place that already puts out lots of magicial tools everyday? This can explain the origins of the markings and the material used to make the Dark Metal Vessel since they are made in the place. Not sure if everyone in power in the place knows about the organization, since there seems to be some distance between what the Magoshuatt can do and what Al Sarmen can do. I really doubt there is a direct collaboration between Magoshuatt and Al Sarmen.
Agree with you about this. As far as this chapter go, I still don't see a clear connection between Mogamett and Al-sarmen but I can't say the same for Mogamett's followers. If Al-sarmen can set up their member as a Empire's Queen then I'm sure it's nothing hard to infiltrate Magnoshutatt ( Not to mention that 90% of Al-sarmen are magicians ).

I think lv5 citizen is a better source of black rukh since their number is bigger. I think 200.000 people must have more black rukh than just a few thousand mages. Still, we haven't know who made the decision to attack Magnoshutatt: Kouen or the Empress ?
hawkeyesvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 12:45   Link #655
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by alluka View Post
Will Aladdin choose "the dark side" to help him?
Well, he wouldn't need to, he's a magi. He could borrow power from the white rukh to create life if he wanted too, though I don't think he would.

Basically now we know one of the main properties of black rukh is that, unlike the white rukh, it can be controlled by humans.

That might explain why Gyokuen is so powerful. With the aid of the black rukh, she's basically equal to the magi. Quite a frightening development.
Old 2012-11-18, 13:34   Link #656
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I doubt Black Rukh users can summon Dungeons...and their Djinn don't seem nearly on par with the original Djinn.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 13:46   Link #657
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I doubt Black Rukh users can summon Dungeons...
I'm talking about power. The greatest advantage of the magi is that they can borrow power from the Rukh. Humans can't do that, but now we know they can if the Rukh is black. That changes everything. It's not just about creating black Djinns anymore. For example, magicians wouldn't get their magoi depleted so easily of they can borrow power from the rukh to replenish it like a magi does. I'm sure it'd take a very powerful dark magician to do this but even then it really changes the balance of power in the magi world.
Old 2012-11-18, 14:10   Link #658
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I'm talking about power. The greatest advantage of the magi is that they can borrow power from the Rukh. Humans can't do that, but now we know they can if the Rukh is black. That changes everything. It's not just about creating black Djinns anymore. For example, magicians wouldn't get their magoi depleted so easily of they can borrow power from the rukh to replenish it like a magi does. I'm sure it'd take a very powerful dark magician to do this but even then it really changes the balance of power in the magi world.
Problem is, like we've seen in twice, while normal Rukh can be found pretty much everywhere, to use black rukh a source is needed (like in Balbadd) so a black rukh user is very limited compared to a Magi unless there's something like the major riot in Balbadd to constantly produce black rukh. This is more-or-less what happened in Zagan where Dunya was limited in terms of black rukh thus she couldn't regenerate endlessly (like Kassim did).
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 14:22   Link #659
Kazu-kun

^ Well of course. The rukh isn't going to turn black just because.

But all Al-Sarmen needs is war and they'll have all the black rukh they need. And we know war is coming...
Old 2012-11-18, 17:54   Link #660
marvelB

Anyways, now that we've got this black rukh reveal, I wonder if this info is tantamount to Ohtaka giving us readers an advance hint of Dumblemort transforming into an evil djinn ala Cassim/Dunya? Not that I ever doubted that possibility in the first place, but now it just seems more obvious, IMO....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen