AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-06, 16:41   Link #1
Lucier
Lunar Translator

Madlax

I watched ep1 yesterday, and the music was AWESOME! =D

It really really reminds of of noir, so hopefully it'll be good...

We should be releasing ep 1 (with anbu) right around now, so go check it out ^^;
Old 2004-04-06, 17:03   Link #2
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucier
I watched ep1 yesterday, and the music was AWESOME! =D

It really really reminds of of noir, so hopefully it'll be good...

We should be releasing ep 1 (with anbu) right around now, so go check it out ^^;
The new bee train anime. Music and directing are very bee train like. You won't understand anything with the first episode. The whole anime felt surreal especially with the sequence that relates to the episode sub-title. I think I'll keep watching. Hopefully next episode we will see more about Madlax's background...
Old 2004-04-06, 17:19   Link #3
Lucier
Lunar Translator

hehe, you'll understand *one* thing at least...

Spoiler:

Yeah, the ep really did feel like a 'dream' kinda...
The music by itself is enough to keep me watching so far =D
Old 2004-04-06, 19:06   Link #4
Za Paper

Mixed feelings about this one. Music was good. I especially liked the BG music after she parachuted and the ED song by Fictionjunction. Didnt like how she felt the need to change clothes and shoot with her eyes closed. So far lots of style over substance. I hope there is a decent story somewhere.
Old 2004-04-06, 19:47   Link #5
Killerattacks

I liked it and it seems rather promising. I had the impression they wanted to make a Noir vs. .hack//sign anime

Here two uber_stylish screenshots for the ones out there who didnt download Madlax yet:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-06, 20:46   Link #6
RobertM
Kobe, not Osaka...

Madlax seems to be able to "sense" the trajectory of bullets without using her eyes, or at least that's the feeling I get. The OP seems to imply some sort of superhuman ability to "connect" with the bullets as well.

Oh, and someone somewhere (not in these forums) was complaining about her wearing first hot pants, and then an evening gown. Well, I for one am not complaining. She wears them because SHE CAN!
Old 2004-04-07, 01:45   Link #7
davFunereal
Village watchman.

It's a female super spy 'it's important that I'm a female super spy' show.

I hated it, all but the music. I'm calling it a misfire.
Old 2004-04-07, 01:47   Link #8
chamelean75

Yea I also want to know about Madlax's abilities. I totally loved this episode. Compared to the ugly and beautiful world and phantom, this anime kicks butt, at least in my opinion it does. I see enormous potential for this anime. I do hope that the action scenes improve a little bit though.
Old 2004-04-07, 02:13   Link #9
KamelRed
I put the z0r in w00t.

Yeah, I really didn't dig this show at all.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-07, 02:21   Link #10
davFunereal
Village watchman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamelRed
Yeah, I really didn't dig this show at all.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-07, 02:27   Link #11
KamelRed
I put the z0r in w00t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davFunereal
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-07, 02:43   Link #12
Lucier
Lunar Translator

erm
I think you guys missed something (Or maybe I did)

Spoiler:

thats my take anyway

I figure the first few eps'll be "cool" and "surreal" like ep1... with the plot developing later... tho that's just my feeling
Old 2004-04-07, 02:46   Link #13
Mr.Minou

Spoiler:

edit : oh Lucier already posted
Old 2004-04-07, 02:52   Link #14
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucier
erm
I think you guys missed something (Or maybe I did)

Spoiler:

thats my take anyway

I figure the first few eps'll be "cool" and "surreal" like ep1... with the plot developing later... tho that's just my feeling
What I don't understand is:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-07, 04:29   Link #15
tem

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwu
What I don't understand is:

Spoiler:
Well.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-07, 04:36   Link #16
evrpunk53
Webhost/Distro :)

hahah dame dame (its me DoA-Guy/Baby-Distro) but ya me danny and like winggy were talking about that and someone who was thinking striaght said what you did hahah

Oh and if anyone wants madlax 01 from anbu lunar pm me ill be up for an hour or ill giveyou the link tomorrow. or come to lunar channel :P of course you can just use bots.
Old 2004-04-07, 05:06   Link #17
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertM
Madlax seems to be able to "sense" the trajectory of bullets without using her eyes, or at least that's the feeling I get. The OP seems to imply some sort of superhuman ability to "connect" with the bullets as well.

Oh, and someone somewhere (not in these forums) was complaining about her wearing first hot pants, and then an evening gown. Well, I for one am not complaining. She wears them because SHE CAN!
Im not really complaining that she was wearing that gown, but......

Spoiler:

Music is great though. This series does have potential, but it didnt catch my intrest as much as This Ugly and Beautiful World.
Old 2004-04-07, 06:07   Link #18
Killerattacks

The part with her changing clothes was ridiculous of course, but the gown looked damn good at her

And how she killed those guys without even looking looked nice too, but on the other hand rather absurd again.

But I guess thats the trend: Style > Logic. I won't complain^^

Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-07, 06:21   Link #19
koki_2706

Does anyone here feels that Madlax behaves like Layla from Avengers at times, especially the scene where she ambushed the army convoy in the jungle? Nonetheless, this series is starting to grow on me, seeing that it reminds me of Noir...
Old 2004-04-07, 08:08   Link #20
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I have to say that IMO Mashimo Koichi is definitely going downhill in his recent animes, from Noir to .hack to Avenger to Madlax...

okay so far it's too early to judge Madlax, but it seems he focuses more and more on some very absurd and fake-looking "cool" poses. The OP is quite lame, with two girls slowly posing in... laser traces of bullets? it doesn't give me the "feel" of the OPs of Noir, .hack and Avenger. I always feel excited when watching the OPs of Mashimo Koichi's previous works, but now I have an urge to skip the OP.

And the actions look more and more fake, in Noir they were cool, the characters don't do any unnecessary poses and they have a sense of "fighting", but now in Madlax it seems the girl is not "fighting" but just doing a show, with all those lame poses. I love the coolness of Noir's action scenes, however now in Madlax it just focuses too much on the coolness that it's just too obviously fake.

Overall I think this first episode of Madlax is even worse than Avenger's first episode. Also why there are no blood? At least in Avenger the absence of blood could be explained, but now here we are on Earth shooting real human beings and no blood?
Closed Thread