AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-05-05, 12:45   Link #41
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Ya, I can't stand Flonne's dubbed voice!
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 12:51   Link #42
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I play with the japanese voice over too, it sounds so much cuter. ^^

But you cannot change the voice over in the battle tho, they sounds so bad in english.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 15:14   Link #43
silentpixel
Champloo Addict

Send a message via AIM to silentpixel Send a message via MSN to silentpixel
Yea i cant stand the english voice myself. I heard that the person who did Rikkus voice in FFX is doing Puccele`s voice. I hate her voice. It annoys me to no end!!
silentpixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 17:52   Link #44
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
I'm on my first play-throught of disgaea (just bought it, behind the times), and I'm loving it. This comes as great news. Hey- did everybody else change the sound for the cut scenes to the japanese track? It makes the game so much better/funnier!
That game just has awesome humor.

"Chu-boss da.."

"Chu-boss JYA NAI!"

The English voices for the thief characters SUCK so bad in battle. I always kill them first.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 18:01   Link #45
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
I don't know, I actually prefered to play Disgaea with the english dub. Nothing can beat the Prinny's voice!

No dooood!! You're going to eat us!!? DOOOOOD!!

Last edited by Slade; 2004-05-05 at 18:51.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 18:09   Link #46
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Alright, except for that, Those prinny are hilarious. ^^

Specially on the Prinny Land, I had a blast in there. ^^
Old 2004-05-05, 21:48   Link #47
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Prinny's are the best. The Prinny Baseball battle was classic.

The greatest scene in the entire game for me has got to be the Prism Rangers.

BLUE~!
YELLOW~!

XD
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 21:54   Link #48
Secca
nya`
*Artist

LOL, oh god, The Prism Ranger, they were so funny.

I tried to convert the Prism Rangers into Laharl follower too, but failed. I guess it's just impossible. ^^
Old 2004-05-06, 19:06   Link #49
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Hey I just bought it, trying it now. ^^

lol and I read manual and there is a legend about the demon prince, I wonder if that is Laharl. ^^
Old 2004-05-06, 19:21   Link #50
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Just picked up mine too. Can't wait to put some hours in.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 19:50   Link #51
silentpixel
Champloo Addict

Send a message via AIM to silentpixel Send a message via MSN to silentpixel
Hey guys try and update me on how the game is. Might pick it up tommorow.
silentpixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 20:21   Link #52
Secca
nya`
*Artist

ROFL have you tried the training option for your monster? Lol I stabbed my just captured bat, and it say "I don't like you anymore." and it ran away. >_<

I don't get it at all about the training part. ^^
Old 2004-05-06, 22:17   Link #53
mah_damey

i juss picked it up today, havnet played it cuz i rlly need to study for a stupid chemistry test, but i cant wait
mah_damey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 08:43   Link #54
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I've been playing this, and on chapter 3 now. ^^ It's not that bad for a predecesor of Disgaea. Altough I kinda missed the features on Disgaea.

And Prier is so funny, she's more fiery than Laharl. ^^ I kinda wished they are on the same story, it'll be so interesting to see Prier and Laharl together. ^^
Old 2004-05-08, 09:04   Link #55
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
I've been playing this, and on chapter 3 now. ^^ It's not that bad for a predecesor of Disgaea. Altough I kinda missed the features on Disgaea.

And Prier is so funny, she's more fiery than Laharl. ^^ I kinda wished they are on the same story, it'll be so interesting to see Prier and Laharl together. ^^
I'd have to agree, I miss some of the great things in Disgaea but I'm starting to really get the hang of dark gates and it's getting pretty interesting.

There was the prinny squad in disgaea and in this game there's a squad that's even cuter

Really fun and addicting game.
Old 2004-05-10, 22:19   Link #56
mah_damey

man.. prier, my big bear n my big zombie kik so much butt.. 2 sleepy hammers each.. unstoppable.

so.. how yall doing in the game? lol i got the bad ending in chapter 1 somehow but i got the good endings for chprt 2 n 3. i juss started on 4 a few days ago but i havent had any time to play

Last edited by mah_damey; 2004-05-14 at 00:16.
mah_damey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 02:57   Link #57
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah_damey
man.. prier, my big bear n my big zombie kik so much butt.. 2 sleepy hammers each.. unstoppable.

so.. how yall doing in the game? lol i got the bad ending in chapter 1 somehow but i got the good endings for chprt 2 n 3. i juss started on 4 a few days ago but i havent had any time to play
I must be doing something wrong because I seem to be chronically broke. I'm in the middle of Chapter4 and my only well equipped character is Prier at ~180ATK and 100DEF. Culotte is like 80/80 and Alouette is my mage char so shes like 140INT and like 60DEF. The gun guy is OK for me too like 120ATK 80DEF. My pets I just give them hand-me-downs basically =\ So expensive to put decent items on your entire squad.

How does everyone go about earning money? It takes too long to set up large miracles to make cash, and normal battles take a while.... I never have enough money And has anyone opened a portal to the Dark World yet? I have 1 map with a Dark Energy Index of 4 atm, but I have no clue how to open a portal or whatever.

Btw purify a box or two in the 3rd chapter. They only start out with 3 Movement, but if you give em spd/hit boosters they can quickly get 4 and 5 movement and then they are very nice. They have insanely high defense and good offense potential with good weapons -- plus sleep is godly.

PS: Somehow I got the BAD ending for Chapter3 and I have NO idea how.
Spoiler:
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 03:17   Link #58
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
I must be doing something wrong because I seem to be chronically broke. I'm in the middle of Chapter4 and my only well equipped character is Prier at ~180ATK and 100DEF. Culotte is like 80/80 and Alouette is my mage char so shes like 140INT and like 60DEF. The gun guy is OK for me too like 120ATK 80DEF. My pets I just give them hand-me-downs basically =\ So expensive to put decent items on your entire squad.

How does everyone go about earning money? It takes too long to set up large miracles to make cash, and normal battles take a while.... I never have enough money And has anyone opened a portal to the Dark World yet? I have 1 map with a Dark Energy Index of 4 atm, but I have no clue how to open a portal or whatever.

Btw purify a box or two in the 3rd chapter. They only start out with 3 Movement, but if you give em spd/hit boosters they can quickly get 4 and 5 movement and then they are very nice. They have insanely high defense and good offense potential with good weapons -- plus sleep is godly.

PS: Somehow I got the BAD ending for Chapter3 and I have NO idea how.
Spoiler:
Money heheh, I'm horrible at saving money too, I always broke, but I get decent money from doing combo purification. Usually I find a big map that has little obstacles. And then if lucky I'll setup several color that trigger each other and make several combo. the biggest one I did was around 500+ miracle combo, it was ragnarok and several evangels. ^^ The catch is you don't get any experience because everything died after ragnarok. ^^

Cullote is the best mage character in the game, well at least the way he was setup, he and Aulotte can lvl up spells faster than most characters. But Cullote is very weak in term of defense. He'll die really fast if you not carefull.

The good ending for chapter 3, you need to help the mushroom, after you get the kinoko jiru, play the map where you met the mushroom again, and then give him his stuffs back. ^^
Old 2004-05-17, 04:19   Link #59
noir maou_sama

Hi, I'm a newcomer and am glad to see people enjoy this game as much as I am. I'm in chapter 8 right now if anyone is interested. I've opened up a portal to the dark world-the way to do it is by killing your own allies. This will give you 10 dark eneregy per kill and after 100, the portal opens up. Don't purify the gates on that level and it will stay open. You can't recruti anyone in the dark world, but by purfying them, you can get the items they carry. The more purified they are, the higher the chance of getting the item.

I don't know if killing your allies will affect the ending like in Disgaea so you may not want to do it. The dark world is very similar to the item world, just so you have an idea of what it is.

On another note, the hidden character in Disgaea is...
Spoiler:
noir maou_sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 09:17   Link #60
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir maou_sama
Hi, I'm a newcomer and am glad to see people enjoy this game as much as I am. I'm in chapter 8 right now if anyone is interested. I've opened up a portal to the dark world-the way to do it is by killing your own allies. This will give you 10 dark eneregy per kill and after 100, the portal opens up. Don't purify the gates on that level and it will stay open. You can't recruti anyone in the dark world, but by purfying them, you can get the items they carry. The more purified they are, the higher the chance of getting the item.

I don't know if killing your allies will affect the ending like in Disgaea so you may not want to do it. The dark world is very similar to the item world, just so you have an idea of what it is.

On another note, the hidden character in Disgaea is...
Spoiler:

No, killing your characters does not effect the ending although going into the darkworld and beating a very strong overlord does . I beat the game recently and I got the regular ending. The really sad thing about it is that there's no New Game + !!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh~ Now I have to start from the beginning and get the good/special endings for each chapter and later on go into the darkworld/cave of trials and start leveling up like crazy.

Oh ya, I beat the game finally. Prier at around level 42 with around 500 attack power on my favorite characters... Eclair is fun! I beat it in around... 23 hours or so but I'm certain my next play through will take me much longer.

Spoiler: