AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

View Poll Results: Rate the series (final rating)
Perfect 10 54 17.14%
9 out of 10 64 20.32%
8 out of 10 101 32.06%
7 out of 10 54 17.14%
6 out of 10 17 5.40%
5 out of 10 11 3.49%
4 out of 10 8 2.54%
3 out of 10 3 0.95%
2 out of 10 1 0.32%
1 out of 10 2 0.63%
Voters: 315. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-04-11, 02:31   Link #141
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ah.. thank you... though I still don't remember that mentioned in the series... just that the wall between the dimensions was somewhat porous .. kind of like between the normal world and the land of Faerie in Keltic mythology.
Old 2006-04-11, 02:41   Link #142
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

hmm ... basicly its only just weak writing to the VA's
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 02:41   Link #143
Rin-Sama
Banned

My theroy was that this all started with the 1st massive failed attempt with Project Yadrisell (spelling!). The massive explosion of raw magic more than likely created a "crack" between the the relms (Which is why Ama was able to be thrown into the human realm) After that for the next 10 years the occational demon/god/or human would "slip through the crack" (more than likely by accident), if you will, into one of the other relms. And then probably either due to the other experimants or finding the crack, the gods and demons forced the crack wider and open the door to the other realms for easy passage.
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 01:17   Link #144
dojikyo

Gave it a 7 but it'll be a personal 8.

Strong points:
-Opening theme song is pretty nice.

-Pretty good animation with the exception of the latter half of ep.24.

-ep.12 to ep.20

-ep.11 took care of both Mayumi and the teacher. Screw giving every secondary female an entire episode.

-King of Gods v. King of Demons in every single table top game in one episode.

Weak points:
-All they really had to do was have Asa not be able to use magic until it was time to save Rin. I'll take power of love unlocking Asa's ability to use magic over what was used. It would be similiar to a mother gaining enough adrenaline to lift 300 pounds to save her child.

-Limp finish to Kaede's Arc.

-What marketing moron thought it would be a good idea to have the protection clubs appear more than once?

Decent harem anime that tries to include some drama but comes up a bit short towards the end.
dojikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 01:22   Link #145
Rin-Sama
Banned

yet another satisified costomer.....<_<
Old 2006-04-13, 03:53   Link #146
peterchen620
Kaede's Fanatic

Kaede told me to vote a perfect score of 10, or she will stab me with her boxcutter knife.

KAEDE FOREVER
peterchen620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 04:13   Link #147
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojikyo
Gave it a 7 but it'll be a personal 8.

Strong points:
-Opening theme song is pretty nice.

-Pretty good animation with the exception of the latter half of ep.24.

-ep.12 to ep.20

-ep.11 took care of both Mayumi and the teacher. Screw giving every secondary female an entire episode.

-King of Gods v. King of Demons in every single table top game in one episode.

Weak points:
-All they really had to do was have Asa not be able to use magic until it was time to save Rin. I'll take power of love unlocking Asa's ability to use magic over what was used. It would be similiar to a mother gaining enough adrenaline to lift 300 pounds to save her child.

-Limp finish to Kaede's Arc.

-What marketing moron thought it would be a good idea to have the protection clubs appear more than once?

Decent harem anime that tries to include some drama but comes up a bit short towards the end.

cookie from me just because you're able to say in succinct bullet form what it takes me several pages and visual aids to get across

I'd include the Kings and Ama encounter in the last episode as a strong point. Nerine's "threesome" remark that floored Itsuki. Almost anytime Mayumi was onscreen. I won't add to my long list of weak points but just say I was a bit disappointed that Nerine never got her own date but ah well.
Old 2006-04-16, 20:47   Link #148
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

It was decent. The beginning was so pathetically weak, but I think they hit a nice stride in the middle.

The ending didn't exactly make sense... well, it really didn't make any sense at all, but Asa is one of the best characters in a Harem anime ever.

Please permit me to gush over her for a moment's time: Assertive, yet compassionate. Sarcastic and sensitive, and with a mind of her own. Asa's the total package. She represents someone who would be a totally equal partner in a relationship. I really, really liked that she wasn't afraid to give Rin shit all the time, but she knew when to back off. Also, she's just a plain good friend to anyone that extends the effort. Though she had the near fatal flaw of being as dumb as a box of rocks about her Mother's feelings, it was only out of total devotion that she was that way.

To you Asa! You've got a mind of your own and I respect you for it!

PS: You're much cuter with short hair. I'm glad your Mom gave you a trim at the end.
PSS: Your Mom's awesome and her Kitty Hat's are the shiznits.

Let's see, other notes... Uhhh... oh yeah, Primula was funny... wish they'd done her story arc a little earlier so she could've gotten more comedy relief bits than she did.... the Dads could only carry that so far.

Incidentally, the Dad's deserve their own series... dare I say, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" starring God and Demon Dad? Perhaps Three's Company with God Dad, Demon Dad, and Primula as the Jack Tripper character?

Itsuki and Mayumi are destined to end up together, drive each other absolutely crazy, and have like... 30 grandkids. (What's the deal with her eyes though?)

Poor, stupid, crazy Kaede. I hope she grows a pair and finds a guy that doesn't treat her like dirt. (That kiss at the end of 24 is pretty f-ing hilarious though. Gotta love the little bit of fluid swappage they indicated). Rin should've been trying to discourage her from obsessing over him that much. I mean, especially since he never, EVER made a move on her. Christ, seriously. Also, I can understand the desire to leave the ending open for a new series or whatever, but she should've gotten off the habit at the very least. It woulda been f-ing hilarious too

Itsuki: "That said, well, Kaede-chan? How about going on a date with me?"
Rin: "So that's what you wanted to say?"
Kaede: "Hahahaha, fuck no. I just got over being jerked around by one playa, what kinda dumb bitch do you think I am?"
Cast: O.O
Kaede: "That's right sucka-fools! It's a Brand New Kaede! Let's go honey"
*Mr. T enters Stage Left*
Mr. T: "I pity the foo that be disrespectin' my sweet thing. I'll toss 'em hella far! Now drink your milk fools, cuz I ain't got time to bleed!"
Cast:
O.O
-.-
-.-
O.o
DannoHung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 22:08   Link #149
Rin-Sama
Banned

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love your Mr. T/Kaede senerio!
Old 2006-05-14, 13:36   Link #150
kamikazex

10/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
good stuff this series
especially the ending
ASA FTW!!!
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 22:55   Link #151
Rin-Sama
Banned

Ah a fellow Asa lover. We can be friends!
Old 2006-12-12, 07:16   Link #152
Julius Firefocht

All right, I admit, Shuffle has been languishing in my collection for a while. It took Kyon and Mikuru from the Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi and the announcement of Shuffle Memories to give me enough motivation to finally watch the series.

I am glad to say that I wished I had watched Shuffle when it first started more than a year back. The starting was kinda weak, and gave me the impression of the "typical" harem anime, with Kyo....I mean, Rin showing roughly equal affection to all the girls. It did keep me guessing who would end up with him though. At first, I though it would be Shia or Kaede. That said, I was surprised when Asa, a supposed side-character, ended up with Rin.

The theme of sacrifice resonated throughout this show, and it is a theme I really appreciated. Kaede's eight years' worth of emotional and physical sacrifice for Rin, Ama's sacrifice for Asa, Shia and Nerine's willingness to take a step back and let Rin make his own choice without pressuring him and lastly, Rin's willingness to sacrifice his life for the woman he loved, it's all very heady and touching stuff. Very nice indeed.

I also liked the fact that relatively early on, people actually told Rin to make a choice soon, because delaying that choice will hurt rather than help all the girls who love him. Too many harem shows had the main lead having his way with all the girls without someone telling him that not everyday is a Sunday and the honeymoon is about to end, until it's too late. Kudos to Rin for actually choosing a girl and never looking back, even with the bevy of other beauties just waiting for the chance to jump him. Personally, I would have picked Kaede if I were him, but I can certainly see where Rin is coming from.

That said, I am overall very happy with this show, and I gave it an 8. The score would have been higher if Rin ended up with Kaede, but it's ok the way it is. I am looking forward to Shuffle Memories, and hopefully Really? Really! will get animated. It's gonna be a long shot, but I hope Shuffle Memories will have a Kaede ending. Who knows, that might do it to coincide with the release of Really? Really!.

Lastly, Kaede rocks. Always remember that. Kaede rocks.
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 10:09   Link #153
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I liked the ending. And then I found out later in the credits there was another couple. Hawt. I like the Sia and Kaede scene. Maybe Kaede can have someone new to worship
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 15:08   Link #154
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
How can you possibly like the ending? Did you even watch the events leading up to it?
Maxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 16:48   Link #155
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Because I never liked Kaede. And the two princesses loved him as a small child.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 17:02   Link #156
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

So he didn't notice the massive plotholes in the last 5 or 6 episodes: or the complete change of character personalities and motivation divergences, nor the spectacularly awful animation in the last episode <shrug>

meh... whatever.
Old 2007-02-11, 17:32   Link #157
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

From a technical point of view i would give it a 6/10 .... from a personal enjoyment pov - 7.5/10 (mostly because of Nerine )

could have been more, but alas - too many things i didn't like

- Sia getting rejected for no apparent reason (besides for progressing the story) - Sia x Rin seemed to tick very well at that point.

- Nerine getting shafted in terms of screentime (Extra deducted points with me being Nerine's fanboy and all )

- Nerine giving up on Rin and finding other things to do with her life (which i liked), only to have her state in the last ep that she is still after Rin

- amount of crack the writers (or game developers if you want to nitpick) used when they came up with Asa's reasoning behind her unwillingness to use magic. *insert head banging against keyboard... several times*

- alternate personalities of characters(Asa/Rin) kicking in during Kaede's arc (A major flaw in my books)

- animation during the 2nd half of the last ep made me cry

- lame harem reset(or attempt at it) for teh win..... not

- introducing polygamy as a viable option and not taking it!!! *cough*

- Asa with long hair looks ugly

The only thing that saved the last ep was the Ama and the two king "meeting".

... too tired and lazy(mostly lazy) to do a more in-depth analysis, and i am sure that everything about the series has been over-debated time and time again, and most people here know all the possible arguments
Old 2007-02-11, 17:55   Link #158
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
The only thing that saved the last ep was the Ama and the two king "meeting".
I'm sure many people will agree that it was one of the (if not the best) part of the last episode.
Such a well done scene. :3
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 18:08   Link #159
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

That little scene of Ama and the kings stood out like a patch of purest skin against a field of zits
Subtle and quite beautifully done (even while the animation was meh).
Old 2007-02-11, 18:26   Link #160
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
lol...great analogy XD
personally i think the end is like akiko's jam ~ you either love it or hate it ~ but in this case the love is way smaller than the hate (kinda like how its only akiko who likes the jam ) and also the fact that with all the potential girls...asa is outnumbered 1 : 4 fanbases working together ~ as for me personally i find it on the boarderline of love and hate ~ i loved the events leading up to things before it all went to the dogs ~ but even so i dont think that its totally unwatchable ~ if you like a good argument just go to one of the threads and express your feeling for asa XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote