AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-04, 11:33   Link #201
ccardoso
Banned

Is the male protagonist some kind of god-like magician or what?
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 11:37   Link #202
martino
makes no files now

We don't know...YET...
Old 2006-11-04, 11:38   Link #203
ccardoso
Banned

Well there are several hits who supports the idea, but isn't there a manga of this story?
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 11:41   Link #204
martino
makes no files now

I don't think that a manga exists, but the anime was based on a game, so anyone who played the game will be able to give you some spoilers. Also if anyone will do that, please stick them into a double or triple spoiler tag, because I'm an idiot
Old 2006-11-04, 13:29   Link #205
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

The third episode is so hilarious. I love Anri-chan's cunning plans even though I am waiting rather impatiently for an occassion where they won't backfire. And Yuuma's mother is insane...in a good way.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 16:58   Link #206
martino
makes no files now

She is insane...and reminds me a bit of my mom

I read the Wikipedia entry for the game and I learned something more about Yuma.
Spoiler for for Yuma and magic:

This episode also enforced the fact that Yuma has got some personal reason for not linking magic. It's always his quote "You won't solve everything by magic", or whatever it goes.

As I said before, we'll just have to watch and see what's exactly going on.
Old 2006-11-06, 00:58   Link #207
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
The third episode is so hilarious. I love Anri-chan's cunning plans even though I am waiting rather impatiently for an occassion where they won't backfire. And Yuuma's mother is insane...in a good way.
I was reading this thread the other day and decided to check it out. Got up to episode 3 and I'm hooked now. I think the background characters steal a bit of the limelight from the rest of the cast but not enough to detract from the overall fun of the show. Yuuma's mother "apologising" gave me one of the biggest wtf moments I've had from anime in a while, but I couldn't stop laughing either. Especially when Jun teaches Anri about waitressing, and the servicing comment got some perverted fantasies going, lol.

I have to say out of all the characters Jun stands out the most. That kind of personality should be criminal, it's way to cute. =) The fact that it's constantly reinforced that Jun is a guy makes it even more entertaining. Would be interesting to know Jun's backstory, but my japanese is too limited to play the games.
Old 2006-11-06, 01:35   Link #208
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
This episode also enforced the fact that Yuma has got some personal reason for not linking magic. It's always his quote "You won't solve everything by magic", or whatever it goes.
well i think that if he did used magic before some incident must have caused him to stop and hence he adopted the quote...hmm what can be solved my magic? my guess is that it will involve something that he couldnt save even with magic...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 14:40   Link #209
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
well i think that if he did used magic before some incident must have caused him to stop and hence he adopted the quote...hmm what can be solved my magic? my guess is that it will involve something that he couldnt save even with magic...
We know that he has a mother, a sister as well...what about his father? Or did he have another sister? There aren't THAT many options, but I don't really see any of them fitting the reason...
It's quite a hard one to make out.
Old 2006-11-06, 18:59   Link #210
suguru
京都 ikitai~

It seems like a relative dying in some sort of accident, and Yuuma's magic not being able to save them, would fit the bill, but it'll be interesting to see what his reason for giving up magic is.

Spoiler for episode 3:

I still like Haruhi > Jun, which puts me in the minority, but I'm really enjoying watching this so far--the cast is all really likeable, and while I can't point to anything about Happiness that really stands out, it's still managed to suck me in. It helps there isn't anyone in the cast I really don't like (like the photographer in Yoakena).
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 19:19   Link #211
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

I agree with your first part of that spoiler Suguru

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 22:02   Link #212
Matrim

Quote:
We know that he has a mother, a sister as well...what about his father?
I think we can safely assume that Yuuma's mother married someone else who is Sumomo's father since Sumomo says he became her brother when she started going to school. Of course, there is the possibility that the mother we see in the anime is actually his stepmother but I doubt it. So it's possible he has lost his father in a magic related incident, though that would be a bit too melodramatic for my taste. Maybe he failed as a magician for some reason (I wonder when students start studying magic in that world, if it's in high school this theory is very much dead) and now wants everyone to stop using magic too because of his jealousy.

Quote:
I still like Haruhi > Jun, which puts me in the minority, but I'm really enjoying watching this so far--the cast is all really likeable, and while I can't point to anything about Happiness that really stands out, it's still managed to suck me in. It helps there isn't anyone in the cast I really don't like (like the photographer in Yoakena).
I think it's a bit too early to compare Haruhi and Jun (but Anri rules them all ), we haven't seen that much of Jun, I can't say I like the one more than the other right now. Haruhi is moe but does not get on my nerves, something which is rare these days. And I totally agree with the rest of your post - I don't know either why exactly I like the show quite a lot and not having someone from the cast to annoy the hell out of me is always a good thing.

Last edited by Matrim; 2006-11-07 at 13:15.
Old 2006-11-07, 13:08   Link #213
martino
makes no files now

I like Haruhi as well. Don't count us out without asking..tsk tsk tsk
Old 2006-11-07, 14:04   Link #214
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i would like to know about Jun's background and why he enjoys being a girl...mind trauma of the past?
anyways i hope some serious relationship building between haruhi and yuma starts soon

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 11:13   Link #215
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Hm, im up to ep3 and so far seems pretty decent. Yes, its a cliche paradise, but who cares. Tho im getting kinda annoyed of the "they have seen each other in the past but the boy has forgotten about it" plot. Ok, granted i dont know if Yuuma has forgotten but either way it is getting old. I like Haruhi, shes pretty much the type i like, and her falling asleep on Yuuma's shoulder was cute

Seems like something kinda bad has happened regarding Yuuma and magic in the past and he dislikes magic quite a bit... i bet it will be up to Haruhi to chage that. Jun....well i dont care much about him one way or another.

I do feel however that they are going a bit overboard with Anri's (in)ability to use magic.... if she is no2 it makes me wonder if she and Haruhi are the only ones in the magic class. Yuuma's mother is a milf Seriously, she looks like any of the teenagers there.

I didnt like ep3 much, compared to 1 and 2, but it still was ok. Overall this show, while nothing spectacualr, seems pretty decent to me. I'll definitely keep watching it.
Old 2006-11-08, 12:23   Link #216
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
i would like to know about Jun's background and why he enjoys being a girl...mind trauma of the past?
Maybe he confessed to a girl, still when he was a boy, and got rejected so he decided that he might have more luck with guys.
Old 2006-11-08, 12:29   Link #217
Matrim

Quote:
I do feel however that they are going a bit overboard with Anri's (in)ability to use magic.... if she is no2 it makes me wonder if she and Haruhi are the only ones in the magic class.
A bit overboard? More like a lot, IMO. I guess the idea that when she doesn't try to bite more than she can chew - let's say when given a specific task that leaves no room for improvisation she is actually a competent mage but as I have been saying, it's about time we see her actually making a successful spell.

Old 2006-11-08, 12:55   Link #218
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
A bit overboard? More like a lot, IMO. I guess the idea that when she doesn't try to bite more than she can chew - let's say when given a specific task that leaves no room for improvisation she is actually a competent mage but as I have been saying, it's about time we see her actually making a successful spell.
Anri can also be suffering from the Naruto Complex

Quote:
I can do it better than anyone. Whoops did I just blow up that building over there?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 13:32   Link #219
Orrin
Sumika Kagami Fanboy

Quote:
I would guess that this will never be answered in the anime, at least i think it would be a bad idea if they did because it would probably spawn alot of Jun fanboys and this show is really about Haruhi.

Spoiler for re:lucks(minor):

I won't give away more then that right now, if you want to know more about Jun i might write something after the show has finished because we never know what will happen.
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 13:19   Link #220
martino
makes no files now

Spoiler for maybe...:

Tags
artland, bishoujo, comedy, drama, romance, seinen, supernatural, windmill