AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2007-12-23, 04:11   Link #121
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

The game starts up to nothing but a text box with "!" in it

SNAKE? SNAKE!? SNAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, I WILL give try out this beta patch soon.
Old 2007-12-23, 05:21   Link #122
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

I'm amused at how eager people are jumping onto the unofficial builds of the translation patches. Myself - I'll wait for the one done by velocity7 and the team who actually put the most work into it by way of translations and editing, and not just compiling said group's work into a 'beta' translation patch. CLANNAD deserves nothing less, imho.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 10:43   Link #123
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

For the people trying the unnoficial builds... at least do a little pay back to the original team by spotting editing errors and help out in the revision phase of the script -_-;
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 12:24   Link #124
fireshark
CRF Believer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to fireshark
yes, forgot to say that
fireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 13:05   Link #125
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
For the people trying the unnoficial builds... at least do a little pay back to the original team by spotting editing errors and help out in the revision phase of the script -_-;
http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...s/72.64.51.114

All of those have been by me, so yes.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 13:39   Link #126
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

an e-cookie to you
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 20:45   Link #127
Tsudaro
Lord of the Zimmerwanks

Send a message via MSN to Tsudaro
Question

I installed Clannad correctly, but the text doesn't show up. Windows keep popping up that says to install a font, but it doesn't say what font. All it says is r|h|He|5|f|bb| and stuff like that.

I'm using an old OS - Windows ME. Can anyone show me how, or give a link to a site that would show me how to get the Japanese text and the font for the Japanese text?
Tsudaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 21:07   Link #128
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsudaro View Post
I installed Clannad correctly, but the text doesn't show up. Windows keep popping up that says to install a font, but it doesn't say what font. All it says is r|h|He|5|f|bb| and stuff like that.

I'm using an old OS - Windows ME. Can anyone show me how, or give a link to a site that would show me how to get the Japanese text and the font for the Japanese text?
Wow, I didn't think anyone used Windows ME when it came out, let alone now...
And on a related note, I wouldn't know where to find a guide to install East Asian language support on it, but try looking in the control panel for something involving languages.
Old 2007-12-24, 09:51   Link #129
Tsudaro
Lord of the Zimmerwanks

There's a Regional Settings section, but it doesn't have the option for a Japanese locale. I have Japanese IME with language pack installed, but that only works for the internet, apparently. And what about Japanese fonts? Any specific names I should search for, or should I just do a search for 'Japanese fonts'?
Old 2007-12-24, 13:17   Link #130
GyroidFanatic

Fonts have nothing to do with it in this case. Honestly I'd recommend upgrading to XP. If you're a college student (or know someone who is), there's a good chance you can get it from your school free (and legal)
Old 2007-12-24, 17:35   Link #131
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Grabbed a free copy of XP Pro SP2 for myself (I'm a University student). Thanks for posting that link.
Old 2007-12-25, 13:34   Link #132
Tsudaro
Lord of the Zimmerwanks

Another question with this -- can anyone tell me what the the config menu is in English for me?

Last edited by Tsudaro; 2007-12-26 at 07:55.
Old 2007-12-25, 22:50   Link #133
Idogears

Quote:
My last question with this -- can anyone tell me what the the config menu is in English for me?
1. Display
2. Sound
3. Text box colour
4. Text speed
5. Monitor refresh rate
6. Exit

My question about gameplay...

Spoiler for Endings:
Idogears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 05:35   Link #134
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
The problem seems to be with the first line on Nagisa's route on April 23rd. Everything is fine except that line won't appear, and the right-click menu won't appear either. The music still plays, and Nagisa and the text box already appeared like normal. When I click the X to close the game, the confirm/deny box pops up like normal too.
This is new Compiled SEEN.txt
I hope this fix the problem
http://aoi.hiranomoe.com/upload/Seen-0.93.rar
Old 2007-12-26, 07:54   Link #135
Tsudaro
Lord of the Zimmerwanks

Quote:
My question about gameplay...

Spoiler for Spoiler for Endings::
EDIT: Circa 12/27/07 - (Lol.. Circa..)
Spoiler for for the way to get orb of light:

Also, I'm using the unofficial English patch, but every time a character in the VN says something, the get_font window thing shows up, and the character voices don't play. It also happens during the dream world/alternate reality, but I'm guessing that it's not translated yet, 'cuz I can't see any text at all in the dream world/alternate reality areas.

Spoiler for Spoiler about anime, maybe?:

Last edited by Tsudaro; 2007-12-28 at 12:55.
Old 2007-12-26, 18:49   Link #136
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Lot of threads on /a/ lately, feels like I'm falling behind. But at the same time I want to see how the anime turns out first, and there's velocity's warning about unofficial builds... Pah.
Old 2007-12-26, 23:23   Link #137
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Also, I'm using the unofficial English patch, but every time a character in the VN says something, the get_font window thing shows up, and the character voices don't play. It also happens during the dream world/alternate reality, but I'm guessing that it's not translated yet, 'cuz I can't see any text at all in the dream world/alternate reality areas.
That's not happening to me. Perhaps you installed it wrong? And as for the Illusionary World stuff, that is fully translated (SEEN 6900 if you want to read it off the Wiki), but just wasn't inserted.
Old 2007-12-27, 06:28   Link #138
The_TempesT

When the translation is all complete how will you go about playing it? Get the Japanese version of the game then just put the file in where it needs to go or is it going to be more complicated, like changing your whole windows font to Japanese (this doesn't appeal to me as I changed mine to Chinese once on accident and it took awhile to fix it).

I don't really have the knowhow to incorporate the current translations into the game without a detailed walk though, so I'm hoping when its all finished it will be simpler to do, but I definitely want to play the game when its finally translated as I've become quite the Clannad addict from just watching the Anime.

I should probably just learn Japanese to make this easier in the future.
The_TempesT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 10:56   Link #139
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

I'm thinking it can't be more complicated than Fate/Stay Night was. At worst, just try running the game setup and the game itself in AppLocale.
Old 2007-12-27, 15:05   Link #140
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_TempesT View Post
When the translation is all complete how will you go about playing it? Get the Japanese version of the game then just put the file in where it needs to go or is it going to be more complicated, like changing your whole windows font to Japanese (this doesn't appeal to me as I changed mine to Chinese once on accident and it took awhile to fix it).
They don't know how they're going to release the patch. And it wouldn't be the whole font you have to change (as that's only available in Vista anyway), but just the System Locale setting.

Tags
bishoujo, game patch, key, pc game, translation