AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-07, 22:15   Link #121
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Fullmetal Alchemist Music Videos thread is open.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-11-18, 10:01   Link #122
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
Would it be possible to get a topic for to discuss the Bluray-only Episodes (The Blind Alchemist and future ones) ?
Made one to cover all OVA's Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood OVA Discussion.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-11-22, 04:11   Link #123
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

I didn't feel like searching for it, but is there a thread for FMA fanfiction?
Old 2009-11-22, 06:26   Link #124
Ziziphus
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Babyy View Post
I didn't feel like searching for it, but is there a thread for FMA fanfiction?
I found one here but it has been locked. If people really want a thread like this we may beg the mods to open it again.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=33063
Old 2009-11-29, 21:58   Link #125
Haladflire65
*Artist

Can we have a second character popularity poll for Brotherhood? Preferrably after
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2009-11-30, 06:32   Link #126
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Can we have a second character popularity poll for Brotherhood? Preferrably after
Spoiler for manga:
There already is a second character poll. There's no point doing a third one now until the series has ended.
Old 2009-11-30, 15:42   Link #127
Haladflire65
*Artist

^ Whoops, I meant third. But there's no more new characters now that we've gone into Briggs... I'd just love to vote for Kimblee and Olivier, that's all
Old 2009-11-30, 16:46   Link #128
Vicious108

Tbh I was disappointed with the 2nd poll. I thought it'd be the characters from poll 1 + new important ones. Instead we got a leftovers poll.

I hope there's a sort of "ultimate poll" so to speak in the end, where we can vote for the considered 20 most important characters in the series.
Old 2009-12-01, 18:18   Link #129
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Tbh I was disappointed with the 2nd poll. I thought it'd be the characters from poll 1 + new important ones. Instead we got a leftovers poll.

I hope there's a sort of "ultimate poll" so to speak in the end, where we can vote for the considered 20 most important characters in the series.
FMA is hard since there are so many characters, plus there really is no reason to include Ed, Roy, Al in other polls since theyre already in one. Its easier to just make a new poll with new characters but yeah right now there probably wont be another one til the series ends.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-12-10, 20:47   Link #130
Flask
Homunculus

Question FMA And FMA:B

This may seem kind of unreasonable..

And I don't want to incite some kind of anime versus manga thing here.

But I've been desperately searching for some kind of list/discussion on compiling the 'ultimate' FMA anime.

I know that particularly you can't bleed the two existing Fullmetal animes together, but that's precisely what I'm looking for.

Certain omissions were made from Brotherhood, that existed in the manga and also in the first half of of the original Fullmetal anime. (We should really come up with a proper term for the first anime, something like FMA:A and FMA:B)

In particular I'm referring to the mining town incident that introduces Yoki.

Myself, I can't afford to spend all the cash on buying all the manga ( I spent 50 bucks buying 18-21 after watching Brotherhood up to episode 35) to compile the list solely on my own.

What I'm looking to do is isolate which episodes in the first anime "fit in better" or stay truer than their brotherhood counterparts. Myself, I liked the first anime's account of the fight with 48 and 66 (Barry). I'm not looking at the later half of the first anime, just so ya know.

I feel this is something worth discussing.

I'm not enough of a purist to stick solely to the manga, despite how good it is. If so then I wouldn't watch anime at all! If anyone would be willing to open up a topic, or heck, PM/email me, I'd love to discuss "the ultimate list" of Fullmetal Alchemist. (That should be my Homunculus power.. )

So goal:

To find out which episodes in the first anime are "truer/better fit" to the manga (or in general) with the intent of watching Brotherhood with the additions that (we/I/the topic?) discover for the ultimate Fullmetal experience.
Old 2010-01-04, 18:30   Link #131
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flask View Post
This may seem kind of unreasonable..

And I don't want to incite some kind of anime versus manga thing here.

But I've been desperately searching for some kind of list/discussion on compiling the 'ultimate' FMA anime.

I know that particularly you can't bleed the two existing Fullmetal animes together, but that's precisely what I'm looking for.

Certain omissions were made from Brotherhood, that existed in the manga and also in the first half of of the original Fullmetal anime. (We should really come up with a proper term for the first anime, something like FMA:A and FMA:B)

In particular I'm referring to the mining town incident that introduces Yoki.

Myself, I can't afford to spend all the cash on buying all the manga ( I spent 50 bucks buying 18-21 after watching Brotherhood up to episode 35) to compile the list solely on my own.

What I'm looking to do is isolate which episodes in the first anime "fit in better" or stay truer than their brotherhood counterparts. Myself, I liked the first anime's account of the fight with 48 and 66 (Barry). I'm not looking at the later half of the first anime, just so ya know.

I feel this is something worth discussing.

I'm not enough of a purist to stick solely to the manga, despite how good it is. If so then I wouldn't watch anime at all! If anyone would be willing to open up a topic, or heck, PM/email me, I'd love to discuss "the ultimate list" of Fullmetal Alchemist. (That should be my Homunculus power.. )

So goal:

To find out which episodes in the first anime are "truer/better fit" to the manga (or in general) with the intent of watching Brotherhood with the additions that (we/I/the topic?) discover for the ultimate Fullmetal experience.
Sorry it took so long for me to reply, Ive been mulling this over in my head and where I see the point youre making I think if we create any type of comparison thread it will just get out of hand btwn the people who like the first series better and those who like Brotherhood better and possibly those who still wish for a better manga adaptation. I can see it getting ugly since it was borderline ugly when Brotherhood started and massive comparisons were made to the first series. Id rather stay away from that.

I think for omissions from the manga you can discuss in the weekly epi thread since usually those are brought up.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-01-31, 04:50   Link #132
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 42 thread please.
Old 2010-03-11, 18:54   Link #133
RuLeZ

Hey all,
is there a forum about Piano Pieces of Full metal Alchemist ?

Like... "Full Metal Alchemist - Piano Piece".
I made one Arrangement but i cant post it here, cause the thread is sadly missing .
Old 2010-03-12, 00:05   Link #134
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuLeZ View Post
Hey all,
is there a forum about Piano Pieces of Full metal Alchemist ?

Like... "Full Metal Alchemist - Piano Piece".
I made one Arrangement but i cant post it here, cause the thread is sadly missing .
Why don't you just post it in the music thread?
Old 2010-03-12, 18:35   Link #135
RuLeZ

Thank you.
Iam new to this forum didnt see such a Thread .
Old 2010-03-16, 20:47   Link #136
LegionofPhoenix

So I've been thinking about this like crazy for the last week, just because I would like to know people's opinions. Similar to Gamefaq's horrible poll, I would like to see a character battle for FMA:B. However, since it is hard to tell why people vote a certain way, or if they even know what their votes are based on, I would like to offer this solution.

That there would be two Character Battles going on simultaneously, within the same thread. The first character battle would be based on favoritism and the second would be based on "who would win in a fight?".

It would be single elimination matches, since there aren't really that many characters anyway, and a poll shouldn't be stunted by the length it would take to complete anyway, that's like destroying the idea of science.

Anyway, I'm know there have been a few polls on these forums similar to what I just proposed, but nothing quite like this. And most importantly, I personally cannot think of a valid reason not to do it.

The only thing is that it would have to be decided if the poll was based on the manga or the Brotherhood series, because of discrepancies and such, unless people don't really care either way.
Old 2010-03-17, 04:34   Link #137
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Battle thread seems kinda pointless.
Old 2010-03-17, 10:34   Link #138
LegionofPhoenix

I'm not quite sure how you can think it is "pointless". But never the less, that isn't really a valid reason to not create it.
Old 2010-03-17, 10:36   Link #139
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionofPhoenix View Post
So I've been thinking about this like crazy for the last week, just because I would like to know people's opinions. Similar to Gamefaq's horrible poll, I would like to see a character battle for FMA:B. However, since it is hard to tell why people vote a certain way, or if they even know what their votes are based on, I would like to offer this solution.

That there would be two Character Battles going on simultaneously, within the same thread. The first character battle would be based on favoritism and the second would be based on "who would win in a fight?".

It would be single elimination matches, since there aren't really that many characters anyway, and a poll shouldn't be stunted by the length it would take to complete anyway, that's like destroying the idea of science.

Anyway, I'm know there have been a few polls on these forums similar to what I just proposed, but nothing quite like this. And most importantly, I personally cannot think of a valid reason not to do it.

The only thing is that it would have to be decided if the poll was based on the manga or the Brotherhood series, because of discrepancies and such, unless people don't really care either way.
Rarely do we do battle threads here since they usually become versus threads and people just argue over who is stronger, things like that.

This sounds more like a game anyway so request denied.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-04-25, 16:17   Link #140
xiangyun

Is there a thread for FMA merchandise? I noticed Japan Post were launching a set of FMA stamps

and didn't know where to post the link.
Closed Thread