Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-20, 15:32   Link #241
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Why do you guys think that BB is that strong? He only has a major advantage against logia types, zoan and certain paramecia types because he can cancel their DF powers but if the person already has Zoro level brute strength then kicking BB's ass should be easy.

The thing that gave logia types a distinct advantage against Luffy and others is their inability to be hit but as shown once they can be hit owning them isn't far off and since Luffy has brute strength even without his gomu gomu powers he should be able to beat BB easily.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-02-20, 15:58   Link #242
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Why do you guys think that BB is that strong? He only has a major advantage against logia types, zoan and certain paramecia types because he can cancel their DF powers but if the person already has Zoro level brute strength then kicking BB's ass should be easy.

The thing that gave logia types a distinct advantage against Luffy and others is their inability to be hit but as shown once they can be hit owning them isn't far off and since Luffy has brute strength even without his gomu gomu powers he should be able to beat BB easily.
Reason is that BB has appeared several times during the story and there is reason to believe that he is selected as biggest rival for luffy, even some people doesn't like the idea. During the time BB has been hanging along luffy has beaten many really big guys. I think it is reason to believe that he is bigger guy than mere arc bosses are.

He is annoying character, but I think it's false hope if you assume that he is just going to be side character in this story, when obviously that is not the case. If they weren't would you watch this?

So why BB has to be strong, because Luffy's enemies are always strong.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2010-02-20, 17:15   Link #243
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

I've been saying that Whitebeard has no intention of becoming Pirate King for the longest. Whitebeard was already called the "King of the Seas" without him even reaching Raftel.

If I was to rate Blackbeard, I'd actually say he's just a little stronger than Luffy. I honestly think Ace would have crushed if he had knowledge of Blackbeard's ability. Ace got angry when he said he was going to kill Luffy and didn't fight Blackbeard strategically.

I can't see Luffy defeating Blackbeard, but I can damn sure see him coming mighty close to. Luffy is (most likely) much faster, very strong, and got strong determination even with using his Haki. Just because Blackbeard managed to scar Shanks before Shanks was even a Yonkou (or even before he met Luffy) doesn't mean a thing.

Don't make assumptions, even though the evidence is there, doesn't mean Blackbeard will the final opponent. The Supernova were introduced for a reason, Oda has never created something for nothing. For all we know Blackbeard's purpose has been fulfilled.
Old 2010-02-20, 17:53   Link #244
janipani

Well I can't know for sure, but it just seem very likely. What comes to BB and Ace fight, Ace went right to his trap. BB was shown as hunter and Ace as dangerous prey. And we all know that BB owned. Maybe if Ace would had known him better he could have won... but I doubt.

I think Blackbeard is quite good villain, since he seems to annoy people. That makes it all more sweet when Luffy finally gets his revenge on him. I don't know why do you want so much to deny him being possible rival for luffy. What kind of man that rival should be in your opinion?

And he can yet develop himself too you know. I can't see them fighting anytime soon.

Old 2010-02-20, 17:55   Link #245
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
I've been saying that Whitebeard has no intention of becoming Pirate King for the longest. Whitebeard was already called the "King of the Seas" without him even reaching Raftel.
That you have, good sir, your post is still on my wall saying that. So I can confirm that

Quote:
If I was to rate Blackbeard, I'd actually say he's just a little stronger than Luffy. I honestly think Ace would have crushed if he had knowledge of Blackbeard's ability. Ace got angry when he said he was going to kill Luffy and didn't fight Blackbeard strategically.

I can't see Luffy defeating Blackbeard, but I can damn sure see him coming mighty close to. Luffy is (most likely) much faster, very strong, and got strong determination even with using his Haki. Just because Blackbeard managed to scar Shanks before Shanks was even a Yonkou (or even before he met Luffy) doesn't mean a thing.

Don't make assumptions, even though the evidence is there, doesn't mean Blackbeard will the final opponent. The Supernova were introduced for a reason, Oda has never created something for nothing. For all we know Blackbeard's purpose has been fulfilled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post

I think that this is an honest assessment of Blackbeard's ability, and I think that both of you confirm that I'm not alone in thinking he's slightly overrated. I think that because not much has been shown about Blackbeard and the sinisterness associated with his DF and plans have caused him to be rated above what he has shown thus far; I mean, let's not forget.... this is the guy who, with his crew, got utterly owned by Magellan.
Old 2010-02-20, 18:02   Link #246
james0246

How about we wait until the next chapter (or at least until Blackbeard fights another big name character) before we decide that Blackbeard is overrated/overhyped?
Old 2010-02-20, 18:03   Link #247
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
I think that this is an honest assessment of Blackbeard's ability, and I think that both of you confirm that I'm not alone in thinking he's slightly overrated. I think that because not much has been shown about Blackbeard and the sinisterness associated with his DF and plans have caused him to be rated above what he has shown thus far; I mean, let's not forget.... this is the guy who, with his crew, got utterly owned by Magellan.
Didn't seem to bother them much though since they are all alive and well now. They somehow sneak out or who knows what they did to get out of there. Hmm.. and how they are overrated? Where do you base his being weak, by just seeing him beat Ace and owned my Magellan, who actually owned Luffy as well.

Never mind, let's wait and see. I bet on BB being pain in ass for long time.

Old 2010-02-20, 18:11   Link #248
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
Didn't seem to bother them much though since they are all alive and well now. They somehow sneak out or who knows what they did to get out of there. Hmm.. and how they are overrated? Where do you base his being weak, by just seeing him beat Ace and owned my Magellan, who actually owned Luffy as well.
Well, I expect that there'll be some more details about Blackbeard's run-in with Magellan..... some say he let Magellan do that, almost as though he was expecting Shiryuu to come out of the wood works. Who knows? From what's apparent, I don't think that's the case.

Oh, and I didn't say he was weak, cuz Magellan's a monster, no doubt about it. But for him and his whole crew to get rocked that badly by him makes me think that there isn't a lot more to him than appears. I don't know what he's done thus far to make him seem like THAT much of a beast, such that people rate him that highly. I guess we'll see what he can do, but I think it was fairly obvious that he was too afraid of Whitebeard to face head-on, so he went around the cunning way and got someone else to do the dirty work for him.
Old 2010-02-20, 18:16   Link #249
janipani

yeah.. he might seem to be a coward in that sense, but that could also be calculative, as being able to measure who you can and who you can't beat. Coward or sly devil?

Old 2010-02-20, 18:31   Link #250
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
Coward or sly devil?
A little of both? That's what I would say. Make no mistake, he's a major bad guy, no doubt. I think that he'll make a formidable enemy for Luffy, and by the way it's looking so far, maybe unlike any enemy he's faced before. But I still don't think he's in the top tier as strength goes. He hasn't shown combat prowess sufficiently for me to think otherwise.
Old 2010-02-20, 18:39   Link #251
janipani

Yes it's true that we haven't seen him do actually anything.. what comes to fight. I think it's obvious why.

But if we put that aside and make some conclusions about his deeds. He is actually caused both fall of marines and fall of Whitebeard. His evil plans have crushed the balance of world in OP. That's quite a role not to mention he indirectly caused Luffy's brother's death.

Old 2010-02-20, 20:42   Link #252
marvelB

I just wanted to chime in about agreeing with the whole deal about Whitebeard never intending to become Pirate King. I already got that impression during Impel Down, but it's pretty much been all but confirmed during the current arc. Of course, I'm referring to Sengoku telling Ace that Whitebeard wanted to make him king all along, but moreso than that, what I think really clinched it for me was that very brief flashback that Whitebeard had at the end of chapter 572. He has no interest in treasure, so of course he has no desire for the One Piece, either (and yeah, I also think he's keeping his mitts off the treasure for Roger's sake, but I still think he's mainly acting on his own principles in this regard). Ace is pretty similar to his "old man", in a few ways.... before he died, he said that he had no desire for fame, which means he never wanted to become king, either. When you put that into consideration, it's sort of no wonder that Ace had so much admiration for old Newgate (and yet the both of them still wanted to make the other into a king)......

Anyways, while I of course want to see some action from Blackbeard's new recruits (and hell, even his original crew since most of them have barely done anything so far), I also want to see some more epic Whitebeard action next chapter. Again, I'm quite certain that Akainu isn't quite down for the count yet (and am actually expecting him to leap out of that fissure in the form of a giant, angry magma Kaijuu ), I still want to see Whitebeard fight against some other powerful marines before ol' Red Doggy makes an encore performance. Preferably, I want to see him fight Sengoku so we can finally see whether or not there's more to his DF power than his giant angry Buddha Kaijuu form.
Old 2010-02-20, 21:43   Link #253
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Preferably, I want to see him fight Sengoku so we can finally see whether or not there's more to his DF power than his giant angry Buddha Kaijuu form.
Yeah..... it seems like Sengoku's been relegated to the sidelines, where he simply angrily gives commentary of what's happening, however obvious it may be.
Old 2010-02-20, 22:06   Link #254
longnose-kun

On the topic of Wolf being the ship and swimming from island to island seems very likly. Any one every read Zatch Bell, that had something a lot like this too, I see it in the realm of possibilities. I also think there wont be a new crew member. Just like Merry was the crews nakama, Sunny is to. So i feel like no new crew member will be added. It will be a battle of the ships, Sunny Vs. Wolf.
Old 2010-02-20, 22:08   Link #255
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
d that he had no desire for fame, which means he never wanted to become king, either. When you put that into consideration, it's sort of no wonder that Ace had so much admiration for old Newgate (and yet the both of them still wanted to make the other into a king)......
actually i'm not so sure about that... i mean i don't really think sen goku's analysis was entirely correct. I don't feel as though whitebeard was really intending to make Ace the next pirate king. Based a bit off of what he told spider, i feel like whitebeard cared about each of his children equally and as such would not pick any one of them to be the next pirate king... he was either opening the way for any of them to take the crown themselves, or just providing them with a place to call home and nothing more really.
Old 2010-02-20, 23:24   Link #256
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted By Blackbeard D. Kuma
I agree with you to some extent. Whitebeard is a very wise and experienced pirate, so he wouldn't let his emotions so easily get the better of him. However, I really doubt that he would just let Blackbeard go unpunished after killing one of his sons. Whitebeard told Shanks that it was his responsibility to teach Blackbeard that without morals you can't cross the ocean. Therefore, it's clear that Whitebeard vows to make Blackbeard pay for his crime. Only then, could Thatch's soul finally rest.
White Beard's Actions
White Beard says a lot of things to people. He was dealing with Shanks not a Crew member. Shanks is a Yonkou too. Second you never admit thing to someone who is your rival. In chapter 552 Page 14 White Beard tells Ace not to go after Black Beard. In chapter 434 page 12-14 Shanks talks about Ace and Black Beard before talks break down. White Beard already told Ace not to go because of the bad feeling and then the meeting between White Beard and Red Hair Shanks Happens. To me this means White Beard was already on the same page has Shanks when the meeting happened. Third Ace had two chances to walk away from the situation. One was on Chapter 552 page 14 and the other was chapter 573 Page 11. In my view there is no revenge or justice for Ace. It was his own emotions that got him in the grave. As for Thatch, the day White Beard told Ace to let the murder Black Beard go that was when revenge or justice was not an issue. I am not saying white beard isn't going to fight Black Beard or want revenge. But in my view White Beard is going to handle this issue with Black Beard different. Ace is dead and so is the crew member Black Beard killed, and nothing is going to change that. White Beard of all people should know that. Death of a crew member is one thing but the changing of the guard is different. If Black Beard is going to replace White Beard or get a Yonkou like status like I think. White Beard is going to want a say in it. That is just my opinion.

Yonkou and Strawhat Crew journey to the New world
I just thinking that luffy and his crew are going to have a turbulent ride in the new world. I mean when White Beard dies there will be a huge shit storm between Power houses. I wonder How Luffy and his crew are going to go on there Journey without being challenged buy everyone out there? Because thanks to Buggy the TV up and running again.

Marines
If Admiral Akainu survives I hope he will have a scar or a deformity on the body. That will go great with his character. Also he and Croc will have something in common.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2010-02-21 at 02:53. Reason: Forgot to add and thought
Old 2010-02-20, 23:42   Link #257
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

So from what I seen BB pirates vs SH would be.
Luffy vs Teach-captain vs captain
Zorro vs Shiryuu-swordsman vs swordsman
Sanji vs Jesus- leg vs fist(?)
Nami vs Lafitte- Navigator vs Navigator
Ussop vs Van Auger- sniper vs sniper
Chopper vs Doc Q( and Stronger)- Doctor vs Doctor
Franky vs Basco- Cola vs Alcohol
Robbin vs Catarina- this one seems to fit
so that leaves Brook vs the guy with the horn I suppose. And then I guess Sunny vs Wolf?
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
How about we wait until the next chapter (or at least until Blackbeard fights another big name character) before we decide that Blackbeard is overrated/overhyped?
agreed, and the fact that we haven't really seen enough of Yami Yami fruit's in action. I am pretty sure that Oda will be able to do some creative things with the fruit's power.
Old 2010-02-20, 23:48   Link #258
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
I think some of you guys are over-estimating Blackbeard's power.
Blackbead's DF has great destructive power, but when it comes to fight against an opponent.
He can't (at least yet to be shown to able to) absorb people.
Anybody with experience, strength, speed, and endurance can possibly defeat Blackbeard.
Him touching you stripping you of your DF power can only be effective against a person who rely on their DF. Anybody with great physical strength can do damage to Blackbeard, even without their DF.
Yeah, he hurt (not defeat) Shanks when Shanks was younger, but he was younger, not even a Yonkou.

With all that being said, Even Whitebeard in the condition he's in. I still don't see Blackbeard having enough heart to challenging him 1-on-1.
Can we quit bringing up the yonkou thing up. There has been no knowledge as to when the organisation started or indeed any information or when they were considered such a threat that they've been referred to that.

That said Whitebeard is a serious threat so Blackbeard will probably challenge him with his entire crew.
Old 2010-02-20, 23:59   Link #259
james0246

^The Yonkou is not an organization, rather they are a title assigned by the WG to indicate the 4 top Pirate captains (and their crew) positioned in the New World.

That being said, AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is wrong on one point: Blackbeard can absorb people into his Darkness. Just read 542 (page 04) and see Blackbeard absorb some poor marines.
Old 2010-02-21, 00:29   Link #260
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^The Yonkou is not an organization, rather they are a title assigned by the WG to indicate the 4 top Pirate captains (and their crew) positioned in the New World.
Speaking of the Yonkou I wonder how the balance is going to be after this, 2 Shichibukai have defected, an admiral killed (presumably), the strongest of the Yonkou is going to be dead soon and the marines have suffered heavy losses and are losing their fearsomeness due to Whitebeard and Luffy's crews.

I mean how is the government going to look after Luffy destroyed Enies Lobby, beat up a tenryubito, infiltrated and utterly defeated Impel Down then went to Marine HQ and helped in its destruction and they still couldn't capture him. That is 3 symbols of justice defeated in less than a year with 1 man in the center of it all. If the revolutionaries start making their move the WG is completely screwed.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Closed Thread