AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-07, 05:56   Link #9201
Cruor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Who knows? If Nishio spare the suitors they may become a part Zenikichi's harem or Kumagawa's harem which ever comes first.
Noooo I'm talking about the Zen group. Because we all know what happened to Ii-chan and his team after the 13 Steps were defeated.

Spoiler:

Now we prolly are gonna see someone come out after the suitors are beaten but I hope nothing like Zaregoto happens.
Cruor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 06:14   Link #9202
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Spoiler for waaafffuuu:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 10:44   Link #9203
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
Noooo I'm talking about the Zen group. Because we all know what happened to Ii-chan and his team after the 13 Steps were defeated.

Spoiler:

Now we prolly are gonna see someone come out after the suitors are beaten but I hope nothing like Zaregoto happens.

I am not sure about Zaregoto but it would be complete BS if its revealed that some powerful character appears out of nowhere and ' lolwut roflstomps' the Jokers. Bleach is Bleach, Nasuverse is Nasuverse and Nishio is Nishio, Medaka is an action shonen series but it is a self aware series with hax characters who use their powers in creative ways. I need to read Zaregoto but if Nishio goes that route then I am crying fowl although I am not sure that Nishio would repeat the same trick twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Spoiler for waaafffuuu:
Spoiler for Death is cheap:
Old 2012-06-07, 11:02   Link #9204
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Spoiler for waaaaffffuuuuu:
Old 2012-06-07, 13:00   Link #9205
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

All this is part of the reason I think he's going to have to write Ajimu out of the plot eventually.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 15:22   Link #9206
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
All this is part of the reason I think he's going to have to write Ajimu out of the plot eventually.
Well, what else can you do for someone who is as overpowered as Ajimu? Any 'fight' she engages going to be one way just like Alucard from Hellsing except in moe form. Medaka isn't too far behind in terms of abilities, powers and personality even when she loses, she still wins in some way shape or form. There is no way you can create a credible threat with the kind of hax Ajimu has even if you have a power nullifier that erases all her abilities, she will have an ability that counter even that.
Old 2012-06-07, 15:29   Link #9207
kingstonbeer

Well with the power levels/abilities as they are at the moment does anyone, other than me, half expects Medaka Box to end after this arc?

Throwing out the question because of the power level to threat issue is why i ask.
kingstonbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 15:43   Link #9208
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingstonbeer View Post
Well with the power levels/abilities as they are at the moment does anyone, other than me, half expects Medaka Box to end after this arc?

Throwing out the question because of the power level to threat issue is why i ask.
I'm not guessing anymore, every time i think it's over the author says " HAHA fooled you!!" and starts a new arc with stronger enemies and everyone starts to power up and people still call Zenkichi normal as he's levitates above the world and destroys Alaska.... ok that never happend :/
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 16:54   Link #9209
kingstonbeer

Yeah i guess you're right logic went out the window a long time ago i guess
kingstonbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 21:36   Link #9210
Wolfenstein

It it coming out today or tomorrow?
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 22:22   Link #9211
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
It it coming out today or tomorrow?
Patience my friend...because it's already out

Spoiler for Wafffuuuuu:

Last edited by Randrak42; 2012-06-07 at 22:38.
Old 2012-06-07, 22:50   Link #9212
Wolfenstein

This chapter very good. I'm hooked on Emukae. I also feel so sorry for her, wish she'd get on with Zenkichi instead of Medaka.

Actually, I wished Zenkichi preferred other girls than Medaka. Sadly dosen't seem my dream is ever coming true.
Old 2012-06-07, 22:54   Link #9213
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Yea sadly Zen seems to only have eyes for Medaka, despite having a large potential harem behind him. Well...that's what we have Fanfics for!

Also, gotta say that I'm LOVING the hostages' interactions with eachother and the group.
Old 2012-06-07, 22:55   Link #9214
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Zenkichi smelled her, this is clearly the one true pairing.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 23:02   Link #9215
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Zenkichi smelled her, this is clearly the one true pairing.
This is clearly creepy and a very Yandere worthy line actually xD
Old 2012-06-08, 00:05   Link #9216
Wolfenstein

Still a good character study for Emukae. Apparently she feels that because she is a Minus her words to Zenkichi('Above all else is love') is something she can only cheer him on, projecting that he'll never love her, as he loves Medaka(she's partially right, damn It Nishio :<) while she genuinely loves him as well. Though, by the end of the chapter, she seems to gain some confidence against that.
Old 2012-06-08, 01:04   Link #9217
Naginoura
匂宮家

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingstonbeer View Post

I don't think Nisio is coming to a conclusion. While there are some who think Nisio is already out of material and everything he does is irrelevant stretching; that is just nonsense. So far everything has been connected in some way from the very first chapter—admittedly, not in an as obvious manner as most manga. As for Ajimu, she was first shown as a bloody corpse lying in front of Kumagawa in chapter 20. She has been around—with and without limited power—for quite a while. Sure, on paper, Ajimu is not just godly, she is a god that existed even before the universe and someone who can easily create a new world and populate it with life (Baby Planet). However, Ajimu has enormous psychological flaws that Nisio has been exploiting to make her a good villain and now an ally of sorts. She is whimsical enough to just fall down and claim she can't continue anymore while snickering after all. As long as anything Nisio does is in character—I never saw any Nisio character go out of character unless it was on purpose—and is explained sensibly, I see no reason for Ajimu to be a plot-stopper.

Plus, Ajimu isn't the only one of her class. She claimed Hanten —a man with nothing to wish for from life besides a drink bar?— to be her equal. If the fact that they were gods was enough to stop the manga, everything would already be over.

Also, Medaka can't lose, ever. Especially not in a fight. Even in the election, it was her that won—she won her freedom in a way. When you have a protagonist you admitted will never lose simply because she is the protagonist and used her gloriously for nearly 150 chapters, I think having a god or two won't stop you from coming up with compelling plot-lines and characters.

The logic and common sense of our reality never existed in the world of Medaka Box from the beginning.

Naginoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 01:24   Link #9218
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naginoura View Post
Also, Medaka can't lose, ever. Especially not in a fight. Even in the election, it was her that won—she won her freedom in a way. When you have a protagonist you admitted will never lose simply because she is the protagonist and used her gloriously for nearly 150 chapters, I think having a god or two won't stop you from coming up with compelling plot-lines and characters
What are you talking about? She outright lost the election against Zenkichi because Devil Style invalidates her protagonist existance since fate can't help her, she admitted her loss. Gaining her freedom wasn't a 'win', in the sense she didn't defeat anyone/anything in a conflict in the first place, which is the sense she was 'unbeatable' in as the main character, until Zenkichi decided to invalidate that existance.

She can lose now. I mean, depending on the range that Devil Style might work in, we don't know if it's only when Zenkichi is around. But given the current manga, which is focusing on people who are not the main character, it seems Devil Style evened the playing field universally.
Old 2012-06-08, 02:26   Link #9219
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I'm pretty sure that Devil Style no longer exists.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 02:34   Link #9220
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I'm pretty sure that Devil Style no longer exists.
What?

Lolno.

Why? For the simple fact there's nothing to lead us to that fact. In contrast, it's unlikely, given that it would trample completely on several pages of the last arc. I'd go as far as say impossible given the evidence from the manga.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council