AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-18, 08:55   Link #1161
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What was up with Kirie suddenly acting like she was starring in a Shaft anime? I found that a bit jarring to be honest. It didn't fit the dramatic tone of the episode. I wanted to laugh every time she did those hand gestures.

This minor gripe aside, this episode was perfect. Teiichi and Yuuko's relationship is very moving. I'm sure the final episode will be just as sad, since they hinted Yuuko is going to move on soon now that she's made peace with herself (it's pretty logical this would happen).
Old 2012-06-18, 09:01   Link #1162
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Here's something for people to think about and hate me.

How about the ending taking a dark turn?
Spoiler for waaaafffuuuu:

Because anything can happen.

(I know this won't happen, it was a joke...a dark one but still a joke)
You are a Sadist. Though yes. It probably won't happen. Probably. Well, if Urobuchi got his hands on this..... then something worst than this might be a possible ending. But short of such a ridiculous possibility, we are likely heading to a bitter-sweet ending, or a bitter ending that ends on a high, glorious note.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 09:12   Link #1163
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I see. So the anime chose its own ending.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 09:16   Link #1164
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
You are a Sadist.
Thank you!

Quote:
Though yes. It probably won't happen. Probably. Well, if Urobuchi got his hands on this..... then something worst than this might be a possible ending. But short of such a ridiculous possibility, we are likely heading to a bitter-sweet ending, or a bitter ending that ends on a high, glorious note.
Hey...if they don't show us their futures, anything can happen after the final credits roll. xD
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 09:47   Link #1165
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
I think quite a few praised it for it's Shaft style art.... though I do agree that Shaft Style art is very effective at conveying abstractions.

Personally, I favor a Kirie possession, for some reason. It'll be a very, very fun possibility, if Kirie had a Dere!Yuuko- Tsun! Kirie hybrid personality.
Well, it's not as much the art style as it is the use of the colour (contrasts, harmonies, etc.).

Anything that keeps Yuuko alive in some shape or form is fine with me. That does indeed sound like a fun possibility, but I think I'd miss Kirie having her own body.

Yuuko being brought back into this work by something to do with reincarnation could be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
How about the ending taking a dark turn?
Spoiler for waaaafffuuuu:
Because anything can happen.
You're evil; that's all there is to it.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 09:50   Link #1166
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post

You're evil; that's all there is to it.
Moi!? Please, I could have made it much worst :I
Old 2012-06-18, 10:19   Link #1167
ellessarr
Banned

well for me a good "reincarnation" end:

she pass away on the start leading teiich get broken, then he resolving him life finishing school and highschool and gona moving to another city then after some years(exactly 16 years after her vanish leave him at 28years old, in anime he is 12 years old) he come back like a teach and start to teach on the same school to notice he see a girl who looks likes "familiar" to him and they meet and she start to remember him from her "ghost lfe" and both get in love again and end...

edit: a more complete plot: before she pass away she promisse to him they gona meet again, and in the end when they meet again she says "finally we are delivering on our promise".

Last edited by ellessarr; 2012-06-18 at 10:37.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 10:23   Link #1168
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
well for me a good "reincarnation" end:

she pass away on the start leading teiich get broken, then he resolving him life finishing school and highschool and gona moving to another city then after some years(exactly 16 years after her vanish leave him at 28years old, in anime he is 12 years old) he come back like a teach and start to teach on the same school to notice he see a girl who likes "familiar" to him and they meet and she start to remember him from her "ghost lfe" and both get in love again and end...
Oh, someone's been playing Edelweiss.
Old 2012-06-18, 11:23   Link #1169
ellessarr
Banned

well i get a more cool idea to complete what a told:

starting with she say her time to go has come and can't stay any more making teiich crying but she promisse they gona meet again because they are soulmates and bla bla bla... then she vanish with teiich totally broke, after this he resume his life, the 8 to 10 first minutes is about how him and the others girls resume they lifes, like a told he graduating and move to other place and after 18 years(he is at 30 years old) passed(to avoid some ages childrens abuse and age differ problens) he come back to citie like a teacher to teache on the some school, when him arrive he notices a 17years old student girl who looks "too familiar"(yuuko reincarnated) to him this make him few mad and he tried to talk to her to notice she ignore him(dont remember about her ghost past), this make him some stressefull, but him asked her to meet him again after the school end in the same place rooftop of the amnesia arc, and after think a few she accepted.. then they meet on the place and he start to talk about the pass to see if her remember anything, but still not working and she starting to think he is a "pervert molester" and they begin a discussion and him suddlen grab her but they "magic falls" in ground, after recover from the fall they noticed him grabing her breast like in the first time and when him start to ask for mercy and srry for this she say:

yuuko: teiich... u touched me again on the same place from the first and all times... in my heart...

teiich:yuuko...

yuuko: i remember now... mine heart remember of you... we keep our promise, so I was waiting you come back

teiich: yuuko i'm back... i love you

yuuko i love you too teiich...

then they kiss and end...

this is mine good version of a reincarnation end.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 12:01   Link #1170
EroKing

I hope they are trolling with the Yuuko going to disappear approach.
Ideal ending for me would be she being able to go out of the school now, starts aging alongside Niiya and lives with him.
Old 2012-06-18, 12:16   Link #1171
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Interesting that Asa is Teiichi's grandmother. Glad both halves of Yuuko are now one. Though it seems she will finally be able to pass on.
Old 2012-06-18, 12:42   Link #1172
ookamigirl

When Yuuko found out he knows her past, he became invisible for her.
It's just amazing how delusional she can be.
It's about time she accepted the truth and dealt with it all.
The only thing that pulled her out of it and made her accept her past is her love for Teiichi and his love for her.
Their correspondence thought that notebook was just sad..
I was happy she finally became one with her past and feelings.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 14:19   Link #1173
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I have to say, I've been impressed with the anime version. It's managing to give it it's own story and ending while keeping true to the spirit of the manga. The anime studio has done a great job with it.

Things look like they're going to go bad next episode, though. Now that she's reunited with her other self, I think Yuuko's going to start fading from the world as she passes on. Here's to hoping for a happy ending, but that's rare with ghost stories. Probably going to be really bittersweet.
Old 2012-06-18, 16:50   Link #1174
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

Man, this latest episode . Can't wait to see the last episode.

Can someone tell me what chapter the anime stopped following at? Even though this is great, I still want to read the manga.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 17:36   Link #1175
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
I love what this show does with colour.
I entirely agree. The color palette of the entire series has been very attractive to me.

I wonder if Yukariko, who has been seeing Shadow Yuuko around the school all these years, will now be able to see (Normal?) Yuuko at least once?

Endless "Bittersweet" Soul
Old 2012-06-18, 17:59   Link #1176
GrimJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
I entirely agree. The color palette of the entire series has been very attractive to me.
I think they have done a really good job of getting the essence of Maybe's colour pages and have thought of that for a while

there was one the cover of Gangan Joker from a year and a half ago that had Yuuko standing under a street light that was simply stunning IMO not to mention all of his volume covers

damn good artist IMO
Old 2012-06-18, 21:07   Link #1177
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Can someone tell me some info about this particular type of candy?
It appeared in Episode 10.

http://img4.blogs.yahoo.co.jp/ybi/1/...8_0?1186572558
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-06-18 at 21:12. Reason: converted to a link because the source doesn't allow embedding
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 21:10   Link #1178
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Can someone tell me some info about this particular type of candy?
It appeared in Episode 10.
Well, it actually comes up again in Episode 11. It's a local-made flavoured hard candy (but it's probably not dissimilar to most other hard candy you may have had). The name sporD is a pretty obvious silly play on words.
Old 2012-06-18, 21:11   Link #1179
JokerD

What's with Kirie's poses in this episode? Dramatic effect much?

Ending seems to be going towards Yuuko disappearing...
I would prefer a happier ending
Spoiler:
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 21:19   Link #1180
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
I would prefer a happier ending
Spoiler:
The problem with this, appealing though it may be in a way, is that they haven't introduced this possibility in the plot before, so coming up with this now would be pulling a plot twist out of nowhere... and that's not so good.

That said, I do think it would be good to put a little bit more closure on the past and the other characters in the story before the end.

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural