AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-04, 00:41   Link #1861
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Well, I feel pretty stupid that I forgot that this show had 13 episodes, not 12. I heard about the second season, so I decided to marathon the rest of this.

It turned out to be enjoyable enough and better than I thought it'd be based on the first few episodes. The ending and mystery turned out to be pretty interesting.

So, reading the past few pages, is Kuroh a strain like Neko or not? I assumed it was Neko's illusion that allowed them to run past the Blues. By the by, what exactly is a strain? I don't remember it being explained in the anime, but that could very well just be me..
Thus, the story is what it is. The characters have more details because the team of 7 authors created characters before layout the story/worldview. Depends on their personal preferences, they circulate the writing around. Each author (guy or gal) is represents by a color: ORANGE, RED, PINK, GREEN, BLUE, BLACK, YELLOW
Each character has more back story than story. The character names are derived on Japanese historical mythology, or mythological history.

I have no idea what strain means. So I don't know what to tell you.
I assume they are talking about Kuro's power. Kuro got his power from the colorless king. Later, he becomes white king's second clan man. For kings, they receive their power from the stone tablet. They can create their own clans and authorize power(charter?) to others.
Neko and Anna are different. They got power without kings. However, their power is related to the catastrophe from years ago. They cannot create their own clans, and they have no kings. They are called 權外者(People or animal that are outside the charter/power/authority/right). Yes, it's Neko's illusion. Neko is the center of her power. By her whim, people around her may experience fake vision, fake hearing or some memory rewrite.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 03:54   Link #1862
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Neko and Anna are different. They got power without kings. However, their power is related to the catastrophe from years ago. They cannot create their own clans, and they have no kings. They are called 權外者(People or animal that are outside the charter/power/authority/right). Yes, it's Neko's illusion. Neko is the center of her power. By her whim, people around her may experience fake vision, fake hearing or some memory rewrite.
That's what Strain means
Old 2013-01-04, 07:29   Link #1863
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

so what is the general reception? Good, Bad, In between?

worth watching?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 10:48   Link #1864
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
So Kuro might be human strain ( that why he still have his power even though his kind die.)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 10:52   Link #1865
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

-___-

I don't know why but I'll give 7/10 to K!
I think I'm too dumb to enjoy this anime... too confusing and slow start...

episode 13 is a good conclusion.... and I really hope it's not the end for Shiro...

a sequel will be too sad if there's no Silver's faction... and of course Anna should be there as well...

(I'm wondering why this anime can get a sequel... are the sales very good in Japan? or maybe it's only because of 'neko' factor?)
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 10:53   Link #1866
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post

worth watching?
man if the anime being a original creation get a green light for second season just after the last episode aired this means who ppls really liked him :X, for me he is on the top with few others on this season and also for the best of year with some others too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
-___-

I don't know why but I'll give 7/10 to K!
I think I'm too dumb to enjoy this anime... too confusing and slow start...

episode 13 is a good conclusion.... and I really hope it's not the end for Shiro...

a sequel will be too sad if there's no Silver's faction... and of course Anna should be there as well...

(I'm wondering why this anime can get a sequel... are the sales very good in Japan? or maybe it's only because of 'neko' factor?)
for what i read on previous post the sales started low but great increased along the way not only dvd/blue-ray but also the others franchises(manga, LN).
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 15:33   Link #1867
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
So Kuro might be human strain ( that why he still have his power even though his kind die.)
He's not a strain. At least, it's not been revealed.

I suspect that he probaly got his powers from Ichigen when he was younger...unless the manga on him elaborates more.

Quote:

worth watching?
I loved it to be honest, despite its flaws. The story doesn't really pick up into midway...but it's worth it.

However, a lot of people on other sites hate this series because 'EWWWWWWWWW DUDES I CANT FAP' because it is...well...kind of HoYayish...

However, I"m personally biased because I found a couple of new favorite anime characters in Kurou and Kusanagi and even Neko...
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 15:36   Link #1868
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
That's what Strain means
Ah, thanks!
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 19:38   Link #1869
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
So, reading the past few pages, is Kuroh a strain like Neko or not? I assumed it was Neko's illusion that allowed them to run past the Blues. By the by, what exactly is a strain? I don't remember it being explained in the anime, but that could very well just be me..
Kuroh has to be a strain, we saw pretty clearly that all the members from Homra lost their powers when Mikoto died, therefore one can guess that death of a king=loss of power from the clansmen (I know that Secpter 4 was sorta-kinda around for that decade without a king in the novels but I haven't seen proof that they actually had any powers, whatever the blue powers are, in that time). Actually, speaking of the novels, one character (erm, the crazy gold guy who tried to make Anna a king) said something along the lines that "strains are those who couldn't become kings" so perhaps they also get their powers straight from the slate, pure speculation on my part though.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 20:16   Link #1870
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

....You're right. If Kurou wasn't a strain, he sure the hell wouldn't have HOMRA pissing their pants to the point even Kusanagi told them to back away.

But, I'm guessing the Stray Dog manga will probaly elaborate some more....at least I hope it does.
Old 2013-01-06, 07:42   Link #1871
Silverwyrm

Kuro being a strain, a dog apparantly, would make sense to his personality with his loyalty bordering on adoration to his master and his willingness to throw himself in the way of danger to protect someone.

With that said, i watched ep12 but I didn't see this anywhere (people said it showed him and neko as a dog and cat?) where is it exactly?
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 08:49   Link #1872
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't really think that Kuroh actually is a dog. I may be wrong, but I really don't think so.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 09:24   Link #1873
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
With that said, i watched ep12 but I didn't see this anywhere (people said it showed him and neko as a dog and cat?) where is it exactly?
It was in episode 13 (although that may be what you meant), somewhere near the end, Neko and Kuroh ran past the Blues in animal form.
Old 2013-01-06, 09:30   Link #1874
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
It was in episode 13 (although that may be what you meant), somewhere near the end, Neko and Kuroh ran past the Blues in animal form.
Spoiler:
Old 2013-01-06, 09:33   Link #1875
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Spoiler:
I never said they were, though..
Old 2013-01-06, 09:34   Link #1876
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
I never said they were, though..
^Your post was a convenient one to join the conversation with. That's all.
Old 2013-01-06, 10:38   Link #1877
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Neko's the only one who's an actual animal, but I'm guessing her Strain powers are what allows her to retain a human form and her illusion powers.

If Kurou's a dog orginally, then neither this or the SD manga have confirmed this....though personally? I don't think he's an actual dog.

If he was, then I would think the series would've bought it up in the early episodes...but then again, who knows?

If he is, then that makes him even more awesome

Is this all based on Japanese mythology, as someone said? Because I'd like to know where all of this came from, especially HOMRA and whatever mythological creatures Neko, Shiro and Kurou all come from.

Not trying to snark; I'm actually interested in this sort of thing.
Old 2013-01-06, 12:05   Link #1878
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Neko's the only one who's an actual animal, but I'm guessing her Strain powers are what allows her to retain a human form and her illusion powers.

If Kurou's a dog orginally, then neither this or the SD manga have confirmed this....though personally? I don't think he's an actual dog.

If he was, then I would think the series would've bought it up in the early episodes...but then again, who knows?

If he is, then that makes him even more awesome

Is this all based on Japanese mythology, as someone said? Because I'd like to know where all of this came from, especially HOMRA and whatever mythological creatures Neko, Shiro and Kurou all come from.

Not trying to snark; I'm actually interested in this sort of thing.
where u get who neko is a cat??? from what anime showed she is a girl with power to turn in cat, again in the episode where munakata dispelled neko powers her reverted to her human form from cat and stayed on that form, this means who her true form is human she use her powers to look like a cat.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 12:58   Link #1879
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That doesn't really explain why she ACTS like a cat though.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 15:08   Link #1880
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
where u get who neko is a cat??? from what anime showed she is a girl with power to turn in cat, again in the episode where munakata dispelled neko powers her reverted to her human form from cat and stayed on that form, this means who her true form is human she use her powers to look like a cat.
And yet she acts like a cat.....

I wonder when season two is coming? I didn't see the preview....

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural