AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

Old 2014-03-19, 05:32   Link #41
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Whoa. Never expected for it to happen.
Old 2014-03-19, 20:00   Link #42
T-6000

I honestly never expected it to end after being ran for so many years. Hell, I haven't even kept up to date with the series since around 2003 since I lost interest. Even though I enjoyed the OVA series and the Movie alot the Manga just seemed too slow paced and not much happened (at least not enough to warrant my interest). Ive gotta read some wiki online to see how things have progressed with Keiichi and Belldandy. I wonder if it'll have an ending where they both have kinds like some of us have speculated back at the Sake, Bugs, and Angels forums (before it closed down, or rather before the web admin became a prick).
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 03:16   Link #43
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by APNki View Post
I need to pick up the manga again and catch up with what I missed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Neither did I.
Old 2014-03-26, 08:48   Link #44
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
When I was reading the most recent chapters, it seemed very clear to me that the story was getting ready to end. Still ... this series has been running for over twenty five years now. There are a lot of people who are going to read this that weren't even born yet when this series started.
Old 2014-03-31, 10:26   Link #45
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i'm so sad. this was my first manga. but yeah, given the most recent chapter released, its pretty unsurprising that things are wrapping up. like,

Spoiler for plot:

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 10:35   Link #46
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

It's the end of an era. This series has been around for quite a while. I hope the send off will be suitably great.

In fact, I've been slacking on reading this lately so I need to catch up.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 10:34   Link #47
Jimmy C

I've been following this story for twenty one years. Now, it's all over.
I wish it could have been more. There's one story Fujishima said he wanted to tell, but it never happened.
Lacking a translation, all I can say about the final chapter is, "that was good."
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 21:18   Link #48
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

its done done? the last one i read was 305. though the series was supposed to end in april? so i guess there's only one chapter left.. my body isn't ready.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2014-05-02, 01:04   Link #49
Jimmy C

Last chapter is 308. You'll see them in due time.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 12:07   Link #50
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

ITS FINALLY OVER. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MY EMOTIONS.

but really, this was my first manga. its been serialized as long as i've been alive. it didn't quite end the way i wanted it to (there's that one fan fiction i read probably a decade ago that had them grow old together).

i really want to know what happens next.. haha.

Old 2015-05-16, 19:56   Link #51
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Well. I'm happy that Keiichi and Belldandy not only passed the Judgment Test, but. As the result, Keiichi and Belldandy finally got married. Hooray!!
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-08, 18:36   Link #52
headsup

When I read the final chapter of the manga I too wanted to standup and cheer. Never thought they'd finally tie the knot.
headsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-24, 16:32   Link #53
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
So I finally decided to sit down and start this series, and I really quite enjoyed it, which was a bit of a surprise to me. I've only watched the original OVA and the movie so far.

I have two major gripes with the OVA. The first one being that the final two episodes feel very drawn out compared to the rest, and the second one being that the reveal in the last episode is so important for Belldandy's characterization and the context of the plot that it should have been brought up earlier. That additional bit of context is more important than a plot twist in a series that doesn't need it. Also, Belldandy is really just a silly name.

That being said, I really enjoyed the art style and the music as well as just the general atmosphere of it and the positive vibes. Even the voice acting was pretty good, which I hadn't expected. The music in the movie was really good as well. But that's no surprise considering Uematsu was evolved. Oh yeah, one more thing: I like the show's take on heaven and gods/goddesses. This sort of heavenly, divine digitality is something I hadn't seen or read before. That was quite intriguing.

So next up for me would be the anime. I think the first season is just a more detailed retelling of the events of the '93 OVA, whereas the second season is a previously not animated part of the manga. I could be mistaken though. But yeah, I'm excited to be enjoying Ah! My Goddess. I remember seeing images of it as a kid and short TV ads, about 15 years ago, and I had always assumed that it was an ecchi show, but it really isn't. Not that that makes it any better or worse, but it has been a nice surprise for me.
Old 2020-05-17, 10:19   Link #54
AndrewR5D4

An underrated series now long forgotten by most. Best feel-good show, EVER! It will always have a place in my heart...
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amg, oh my goddess, omg