Old 2004-07-06, 14:05   Link #42
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky
everytime the music plays...
Some of us happen to like the show ... you can always close your eyes and turn the sound down
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 17:21   Link #43
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravi-T
Haha, just our luck! First Midori no Hibi gets licensed, so we consider going back to Gilgamesh and that's when Gilgamesh gets licensed!
One word: LOL.
http://v2.animesuki.com/licensed.php?browse=recent
Gosh darn it! Oh, well, I guess we can live with skipping an show as ugly as Gilgamesh!

And you know what?
The lips come and haunt me at night!!

^^

Anyways, we have two nominations now: Aizhiteruze Baby, an anime about a womanizing guy, who has to take care of a little girl; and Kyou Kara Maou, about a guy who gets sucked into a toiletseat and comes into another dimension.
Both are Shoujo-animes with comedic elements in them. KKM (new abbreviation for Kyou Kara Maou) is a fantasy-anime, while AB (Aizhiteruze Baby) is a drama-comedy.
Right?

So let's start the voting! I vote for AB, since it is very similar to MnH.
I'd vote for KKM. It's an awesome series that does not take itself too serious* and it's funny. (Sort of a parody on all these Random-guy-gets-washed-ashore-in-another-world-and-becomes-the-hero-right-away-and-saves-the-world-to-get-the-girl*)

Spoiler for KKM (Episode 1-2):

The show has light Yaoi undertones but nothing too serious or disturbing (coming from a hetero guy)
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 19:08   Link #44
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
KKM all t3h way! AB is very good though. But I wont RE-watch it w/ you guys if you decide to watch it. So if it does win can you plz save it for last ? ^^

Vote TALLY! *These are ppl that have STATED they want these shows* Everyone else plz define which one you guys want to see.

KKM
1:Sil Eighty
2:_Sin_

AB
1:Gravi-T
SiL Eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 19:41   Link #45
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
The show has light Yaoi undertones but nothing too serious or disturbing (coming from a hetero guy)
Yaoi undertones!? then you can count me in too! ^_^ as for the other series, Im downloading Mahou shojo tai but not madlax, my banwidth is so limited ;_;
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 20:09   Link #46
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Hmm, I will vote for KKM then since AB is too cute a show to be watching in a party. Well, Rizelmine was cute and we watched it, but then again Rizelmine wasn't as popular as AB so almost everyone had not seen it yet.

SirJeannot: Do you really have dinner at such a late hour? I remember you came to the party last time when it was held around the same time. I hope you can join us if you can.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 20:54   Link #47
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
I vote for KKM too. I wanted to watch it, but just sorta put it on the back burner.
Taboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 23:17   Link #48
Cz
Needs more sleep~

IMPORTANT NOTICE!!

I will not make it this Saturday. My friends and I are going to Chicago for a day so I will not be around. The party can continue on as planned, but someone has to volunteer to be the MC. I will only accept volunteers from people who have been to the last few parties and I would like to have two people in case the primary replacement does not attend.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 2004-07-06, 23:54   Link #49
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12
IMPORTANT NOTICE!!

I will not make it this Saturday. My friends and I are going to Chicago for a day so I will not be around. The party can continue on as planned, but someone has to volunteer to be the MC. I will only accept volunteers from people who have been to the last few parties and I would like to have two people in case the primary replacement does not attend.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
I'll do it. I dont have anything planned ATM. I might be trying to get my new comp up and running but I got a spare monitor so I can still be the PimP Mack Daddy MC. Now we need the Back up !

AnyHOOO! Votes

KKM

Sil
Sin
lwl
manti
Taboo

AzB

Gravi-T

Well I think voting is pretty much done. This is the mainstay of the groups so I guess we are going to watch KKM 1 this saturday neh?
Old 2004-07-07, 09:30   Link #50
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Yaaay! SiL Eighty is the MC!

LOL, I feel kind of lonely, being the only one who has voted for Aishiteruze Baby. :P
Gravi-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 09:37   Link #51
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

I would have voted to watch AB; but it looks like it is already decided. Besides, I'm watching AB outside the party already anyway...
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 20:40   Link #52
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Even counting only those who have been at the party before, KKM beat AB 3-2.

Ok we have a primary backup MC, SiL Eighty, for this Saturday. Anyone wants to be backup backup MC?

Also, which version of KKM are we going to watch? I wanted to say AonE (AnimeOne) but the only way to get KKM 1 is by downloading the batch torrent. However, the other groups are way behind in their releases. What to do? I'll let you decide since I won't attend this week's party. I don't mind getting the batch torrent for next week .
Old 2004-07-07, 20:57   Link #53
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12
Even counting only those who have been at the party before, KKM beat AB 3-2.

Ok we have a primary backup MC, SiL Eighty, for this Saturday. Anyone wants to be backup backup MC?

Also, which version of KKM are we going to watch? I wanted to say AonE (AnimeOne) but the only way to get KKM 1 is by downloading the batch torrent. However, the other groups are way behind in their releases. What to do? I'll let you decide since I won't attend this week's party. I don't mind getting the batch torrent for next week .
Hmm that is a pblm. I found a way around it though thank god I use Azureus ^^. I DL'ed eps 1 n 2 from the batch torrent and thats it ^^.

If you dont have Azureus than you should get it just for this wonderful feature i love it.

As for what realease... I got AonE. I dont see how we can continue to follow this series unless everyone gets AonE do to the fact that they are the only ones thats subbed everything released. S-Ai & L-E have only subbed 3 eps, Ayu & Keep have only subbed 2. Now correct me if im wrong but I think you can get the individual eps off the iRC channel for AonE incase no one uses Azureus and cant select what eps they want to dl.

So.. I guess Take a vote on what group to watch?

AonE
Sil
lwl12
_Sin_

S-Ai

L-E

Last edited by SiL Eighty; 2004-07-08 at 08:44.
Old 2004-07-07, 21:25   Link #54
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Hmm, Azureus eh? That's an option. I'll probably download the batch torrent for next week though. AonE it is, then. That's my vote.
Old 2004-07-08, 04:57   Link #55
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiL Eighty
Hmm that is a pblm. I found a way around it though thank god I use Azureus ^^. I DL'ed eps 1 n 2 from the batch torrent and thats it ^^.

If you dont have Azureus than you should get it just for this wonderful feature i love it.

As for what realease... I got AonE. I dont see how we can continue to follow this series unless everyone gets AonE do to the fact that they are the only ones thats subbed everything released. S-Ai & L-E have only subbed 3 eps, Ayu & Keep have only subbed 2. Now correct me if im wrong but I think you can get the individual eps off the iRC channel for AonE incase no one uses Azureus and cant select what eps they want to dl.

So.. I guess Take a vote on what group to watch?

AonE
Sil
lwl12

S-Ai

L-E
Count me in on AonE.
If anyone is interested in Azureus to get the batches, read my Azureus Configuration Guide first and setting Azureus up and using it should be a walk in the park.

BTW: Episode 10 & 11 of KKM were released today - gotta watch them now ^^
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-08, 10:05   Link #56
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
I just started the AonE batch, so thats my choice, I have to start the download now if I want to have the first two episodes by this weekend. If you choose another fansub group later I wont be able to get it on time unfortunatly, damn bandwidth
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 07:35   Link #57
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Well, I vote for AnimeONE too.

If you guys want an alternative method of downloading the episodes, just go to the corresponding subbers' channels on IRC. They should have it.
For AnimeONE, their channel is #animeone @ irc.Rizon.net
Here is their list XDCC Bot List:
http://orochiaria.homeunix.net:8080/dls/aonexdcc.txt

It's kind of faster for people with a slow connection to download from IRC. Although BT still rules!
So now I can download in 40-45 minutes instead of 1.5 hours.

So it's MX, KKM and TW, right?
Old 2004-07-09, 10:24   Link #58
Pabs

Okay, I'm an IRC party n00b... how many episodes will be watched? I have the batch also from AonE... 1-9. I'm in.

Pabsinthe
Pabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 12:18   Link #59
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Pabs: read the first post ^_^
Old 2004-07-09, 14:09   Link #60
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

So, lwl... what are you going to do in Chicago?

Btw, did we decide for AonE?