Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-03-14, 04:55   Link #3761
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
And yeah, I somewhat like the IWSP pack more than all of those packs. Gimmicky stuff is my game
Seems like my poison is working.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 05:11   Link #3762
Treize Khushrenada

I couldn't wait any longer and finally broken down and bought the 1/100 Destiny. Knowing my luck, they'll announce a MG Destiny tomorrow.

Now, if we could stop getting all these "manga/novel/15 minute shorts/random concepts while sitting on the can" inspired models for a weeee bit and get on track to at least releasing the missing SEED 1/100 scale (not even going to bother asking for a MG) suits such as Gaia and Abyss I'd be happy. Let's not forget they never did put out a 1/100 scale Forbidden, Calamity, and Raider. The poor druggie naturals never get their due.

Oh and toss Yzak's Gouf and Dearka's black Zaku on that pile. I'll even take a 1/100 Dagger and Windam. And while we're at it, give us some more MG UC love. There are tons of suits from Zeta and Double Zeta that could some MG love. Many of them already have a 1/144 scale as a baseline.
Treize Khushrenada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 06:02   Link #3763
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
Seems like my poison is working.
Naw, several posts back I I said I like stuff with alot of gimmicks, and it just so happens the IWSP has more weapons and stuff. Now all I have to do is poison you with.....something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treize Khushrenada View Post
I couldn't wait any longer and finally broken down and bought the 1/100 Destiny. Knowing my luck, they'll announce a MG Destiny tomorrow.

Now, if we could stop getting all these "manga/novel/15 minute shorts/random concepts while sitting on the can" inspired models for a weeee bit and get on track to at least releasing the missing SEED 1/100 scale (not even going to bother asking for a MG) suits such as Gaia and Abyss I'd be happy. Let's not forget they never did put out a 1/100 scale Forbidden, Calamity, and Raider. The poor druggie naturals never get their due.

Oh and toss Yzak's Gouf and Dearka's black Zaku on that pile. I'll even take a 1/100 Dagger and Windam. And while we're at it, give us some more MG UC love. There are tons of suits from Zeta and Double Zeta that could some MG love. Many of them already have a 1/144 scale as a baseline.
Yeah, the 3 druggies have been supported to death here lol. And I wonder why Chaos was the only one 1/100'ed in a heartbeat and I want a Windam too, preferably the "Elizabeth" one

I remember when the 1/100 SF came out, even after reading reviews and realizing how bad it was, I still bought. It's what's so wrong with it is what amuses me.

I thought of something. With that new Zeta MG release coming up, perhaps the countdown to the 100th MG won't be so long after all. Considering....if Bandai clones each of it's latest MG's with recolor's, reaching the 100th MG would be no problem at all

(There's that Zaku v2.0 coming out, which I just have to get lol, but it also made me think, Bandai can't have just one color coming out for that. There just has to be a green and a red/bloody pink )
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 06:25   Link #3764
kct

Well, some of the recolours aren't counted, for some reason. Also, the Zeta-3 is a limited edition MG kit, so it's out of the count.
Old 2007-03-14, 06:42   Link #3765
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Like has been said, some of the recolors aren't counted, like the various obscure Char Customs (Dom, Gundam etc... ), and this MG Zeta Green Divers. Also, the OYW version MG's aren't counted in the 100.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 07:17   Link #3766
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Also, the OYW version MG's aren't counted in the 100.
I can understand recolours not being included in the 100th count, since they are that, recolours. But the RX-78 OYW version, that certainly was more than just a recolour. For one thing, it has the smallest MG box I have ever seen

Another thing that bothers me. Where's the next PG kit lol....maybe it will be a part of the 100th MG announcement. I really think the PG Strike has been milked enough with it's 3 versions (Strike, Rouge and Event-only).

PG Strike Noir (oh no lol) Oh, how a PG S-Gundam would be

I hope the PG line didn't die, what did I spend my money for, a dying line of model kits?

And that PG Eva-01 doesn't count!
Old 2007-03-14, 07:50   Link #3767
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Well, PG's are more complicated than your typical MG... They're planning the next PG alright, just that they might be upping the complication factor, either that or they can't decide on their next PG (PG Freedom? Nice XD Even better, PG Nu like the Evolve Version? OH YEAH )

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-03-14, 07:51   Link #3768
kct

Nah, maybe they have not found something to really push the limits yet.
Old 2007-03-14, 09:29   Link #3769
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
though without a stand but heck i will still get th enoir anyway and get th estand seperately
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 14:07   Link #3770
Treize Khushrenada

There's a 0% chance that Bandai would pass on releasing a 2.0 of Char's Zaku. That's like deciding to pass on a one night stand with Shakira because you just nailed Natalie Portman the night before. It would make no sense. Sides, all they have to do is add an antenna, color it red and make even more money.

By the way, how many more Strike variants are there left from manga and novels? I'd like to know how many more MG kits they can milk off that baseline design. Ya know, just because I'm curious and all.
Old 2007-03-14, 14:32   Link #3771
Kittie Rose

Can someone please direct me to a review of the 1/144 and 1/100 Turn-A Gundams?
Kittie Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 15:02   Link #3772
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

Quote:
That's like deciding to pass on a one night stand with Shakira because you just nailed Natalie Portman the night before.
Best. Analogy. Ever.

Carry on....lol
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 17:53   Link #3773
Kittie Rose

How I do I use a Gundam marker???

I can't get the "MECHA GLAY" to come out.
Old 2007-03-14, 19:13   Link #3774
Treize Khushrenada

Thanks. Keke.

I got my X-Bone Full Cloth today and I noticed something...it didn't have the cardboard with the model. You know what I'm talking about; the heavy cardboard overlay that has a nice pic of the completed model. Then I checked the Strike Freedom and yep didn't have it either.

When did they stop including them? I actually liked them. I would cut off the two sides and mount it on styrofoam backing to display. Bummer.
Old 2007-03-14, 21:02   Link #3775
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
When did they stop including them? I actually liked them. I would cut off the two sides and mount it on styrofoam backing to display. Bummer.
From the mounting cost of printing and paper as well as Bandai's greed for profit. The last kit to include that was the MG Wing Zero. Anyway you already had a printout on the back of the instruction bookley. so BD must have thought that why should we incurred extra costs by print another huge one.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 21:32   Link #3776
Kittie Rose

Oh come on! If you're all talking about models then one of you MUST be able to tell me how to use something as simple as a Gundam marker.
Old 2007-03-14, 21:55   Link #3777
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

And what exactly is the problem with the Gundam Markers? Your last post wasn't exactly descriptive of your problem.

Old 2007-03-15, 00:00   Link #3778
mangatron

How to use a Gundam marker (well, the ones with paint(?) at least).

Give it a mighty shake up and down and go all around, remove the cover and press down a bit hard on the surface to paint.

Surely you mean that marker, ja? If it's the panel marker....wait, the panel marker isn't a marker, but a pen.....

Imagine if there wasn't a 100th MG countdown, but instead....a 100th PG countdown

Not only will buyers be broke, very rare would someone have the whole collection!
Old 2007-03-15, 00:43   Link #3779
Kittie Rose

So I need ANOTHER pen to panel line??? What's this for then? Is there a way to wipe off the "excess" details what do I use?

My Transformers Classics Jetfire(Macross Valkyrie updated to an F-35 Tomcat) badly needs some panel-lining

Also, can someone find pics of the MSiA Turn-A Gundam? From what I can see, it looks much better than the model kits, a first for MSiA.
Old 2007-03-15, 01:27   Link #3780
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The Gundam Markers are an alternative for coloring parts without the need for paint and brush. The smaller Pens are used for panel lining. And you can use tissue paper to wipe off any excess.

And MSIA Turn A? Dunno if that even exists, I know there's a 1/144 Turn A Gundam kit, but not a MSIA...

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy