AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-22, 16:20   Link #21
lordwu

Maison Ikkoku!

Funny at times and you can see the growth and changes in the relationships between the two leads. Very rewarding ending as well. KgNE is great as well if you like drama. Kare Kano I think is good but the anime ending was just not there. You'll have to follow manga to know what happened after that.
Old 2004-11-22, 16:34   Link #22
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
AIR and Kanon

KGNE isn't anything special
Old 2004-11-22, 17:08   Link #23
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

I am telling you all even if I have to repeat myself twice. Lady oscar is the best of the best. KGNE, Kanon and the others are stupid stereotipical animes with the classic cute characters and the little cute sister that say: ONI Chan all the time. Not a really impressive plot either. But Rose of versailes is something much deeper and original. ROV is a very popular anime world wide, known in many countries; from asia to Europe to South america. Extrangely enough it has never been shown in the US and probably never will. Sad indeed.

I dear anyone here to refute my point by saying that there is something more romantic, dramatic and tragic than ROV, and please state your points. You'll find that quality wise there is nothing similar to it.

Don't be ignorant, watch something well written, with excellent characters, music and animation. Watch something that doesn't follow the stupid cute characters with huge eyes the size of a plate and mindless "cute" little girls that overdo their speech by adding a chan or a kun at the end of every single name.

Watch Rose of Versailes

Yeah yeah you guys are too lazy to look for it... therefore here is the DIRECT LINK to the first 12 episodes BEST Romantic anime ever created HERE

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2004-11-22 at 20:27.
Old 2004-11-22, 17:59   Link #24
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
I am telling you all even if I have to repeat myself twice Lady oscar is the best of the best. KGNE, Kanon and the others are stupid stereotipical animes with the classic cute characters and the little cute sister that say: ONI Chan all the time. Not a really impressive plot either. But Rose of versailes is something much deeper and original. ROV is a very popular anime world wide, known in many countries; from asia to Europe to South america. Extrangely enough it has never been shown in the US and probably never will. Sad indeed.

I dear anyone here to refute my point by saying that there is something more romantic, dramatic and tragic than ROV, and please state your points. You'll find that quality wise there is nothing similar to it.

Don't be ignorant, watch something well written, with excellent characters, music and animation. Watch something that doesn't follow the stupid cute characters with huge eyes the size of a plate and mindless "cute" little girls that overdo their speech by adding a chan or a kun at the end of every single name.

Watch Rose of Versailes

Yeah yeah you guys are too lazy to look for it... therefore here is the DIRECT LINK to the first 12 episodes BEST Romantic anime ever created HERE

Thats really rude and ignorant to say they are stupid stereotipical animes. These are our opinions so don't tell us our opinions are stupid.
Old 2004-11-22, 18:46   Link #25
Miyuri

Hmmmmm i would have to say Kare Kano has been the best romantic anime but Fushigi Yuugi is also a very romantic one as well!Very recommanded to those who enjoy romance. Ayashi no Ceres!!!! also very recommended and DN angel (great images.....story plot is okay but there are some definite romance)

Also the above animes are more of a one to one or love triangle love plots. I really find no pleasure of watching an anime with a single male or female swarmed by by dozens of the opposite sex. I have to say i find the ONI-CHAN stuff annoying as well...but thats my opinion. Also while i'm at it i also advice Escaflowne- mecha but awsome romance as well.

Last edited by Miyuri; 2004-11-22 at 18:58.
Old 2004-11-22, 19:00   Link #26
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
Thats really rude and ignorant to say they are stupid stereotipical animes. These are our opinions so don't tell us our opinions are stupid.
Well, rude or not, if you watch you'll understand how superior ROV is

Besides, I have to make an strong impact somehow, even if it means being a little harsh... But it is all for your own good... You'll finally get to see the light

I dare you to download those 12 episodes and least watch just the first one, and you'll see what I mean. But if you think that the anime is bad then you'll have to tell me why, as I already explained why I like ROV so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuri
Also the above animes are more of a one to one or love triangle love plots. I really find no pleasure of watching an anime with a single male or female swarmed by by dozens of the opposite sex. I have to say i find the ONI-CHAN stuff annoying as well...but thats my opinion. Also while i'm at it i also advice Escaflowne- mecha but awsome romance as well.
I agree with you. You won't find any of those elements in ROV either. As a matter of fact you'll see complex women taking strong leading rolls and zero fanservice. As I said it is something different and at the same time very refreshing. A masterpiece.

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2004-11-22 at 19:10.
Old 2004-11-23, 01:37   Link #27
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
I am telling you all even if I have to repeat myself twice. Lady oscar is the best of the best. KGNE, Kanon and the others are stupid stereotipical animes with the classic cute characters and the little cute sister that say: ONI Chan all the time.
KgNE and Kanon are hardly stereotypical. They have good stories and are deeper than they appear to be. People have different taste in their anime and how they perceive romance. And, there's nothing stupid in liking the "stereotypical" romance anime. For god's sake, it's entertainment, not something you make your living on. As long as you enjoy them, they are good and serve their purpose. If ROV is really good, there's no need to bash other anime to make it look good. Think about it.
Old 2004-11-23, 03:43   Link #28
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

You are right Bashing is not a good idea. I just want to make the poeple who don't know this anime realise how good it is.

In anycase, I dare anyone to download this anime and watch just the first episode and you'll see how good it is.
Old 2004-11-23, 03:56   Link #29
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Koi Kaze for a realistic incest romance, Kanon for a fairytale romance, Saikano for tragic romance, Kita He Diamond Dust Drops for slice of life romance.
Old 2004-11-23, 05:02   Link #30
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Talking

I think Touch is a fantastic shounen / sports / romance anime. It has superb soundtrack, animation (for 1985, mind you), and voice acting. I believe it's something worth watching, even if it's old.

In fact, it was Touch that opened my eyes to anime when I was only 9 years old, in 1991 (wow, time flies...) when it aired in Spain.

It's a true masterpiece, one of the best stories of Mitsuru Adachi and one of the best animes of the 80's.

It made me start liking romance altogether. Heck, it even made me start liking baseball, and we don't play professional baseball here in Portugal (or even Europe!)

(Not only that but also it's being distributed here in animesuki by central anime! )
Old 2004-11-23, 10:38   Link #31
JoeStoppable
I'm Unstoppable

Send a message via AIM to JoeStoppable
I thought KGNE had to be one of the best by far in my opinion. Its not really ur basic love story.

Ummm Another good one in my opinion is Natsuiro no Sunadokei if anyone has seen that its pretty good.

I guess you could say Chobits is a romantic anime in a way. HAHAHA I just really wanted to put Chobits. Its such a good anime though
Old 2004-11-23, 11:58   Link #32
Vegard-gj

KGNE :>

Well i have seen KGNE and ... i loved it
In my opinion that's the best there is..

But it sure leave an empty space in your heart...
Old 2004-11-25, 17:49   Link #33
tonigobe
Inactive Member

My current fave is "Tsukiyomi ~ Moon Phase." What's romance without a little comedy and bloodsucking?

KGNE is okay. It's like a car wreck that you just gotta watch.
Old 2004-11-25, 21:39   Link #34
domino
デレデレ

Fushigi Yuugi is a good romance. Even though I hated both the main lovers, the romance story was still very interesting to me.

The Vision of Escaflowne's romance is really good too. Though it isn't 100% romance, the way the subtle romance is played out between Van and Hitomi was really beautiful (I cried several times through this series).

Fruits Basket also has cute romance between Tohru and Kyo (and sometimes Yuki). She lives with them, but every time she hugs them... poof! They turn into an animal. This series is funny. I've never heard of anyone who doesn't like Fruits Basket.

Legend of Basara, however, has the coolest romance plot I've ever seen. I can't recommend it enough. Boy meets girl, girl meets boy, they fall in love... but in private, both are the leaders of opposing armies. It's a story of love between two people who are trying to kill each other but aren't aware of their enemy's true identity. So sad... >_< It's only 13 episodes (anime), though, which isn't NEARLY enough to cover the whole series (only covers up to manga volume 4 out of the total 27 volumes of Basara). I love it though!!

The ones I listed are shoujo romance anime though. Do you prefer shonen or shoujo romance? I think they're very different... shoujo romance tends to have sakura petals blowing all over the place and flowing-long-haired guys saying "I'll protect you forever, etc etc" to girls. Shonen romance tend to have bigger-eyed girls, more "ONII-CHAN!!" (I think it's annoying, too >_<), and, uh... panty shots. :X (there are many exceptions to these descriptions, though!)
Old 2004-11-25, 22:39   Link #35
AznPmsAvenger

Amg

Personally I think Ah! My Goddess its the most romantic anime, even if it is only 5 episodes (plus a new show thats being made). I suppose just the anime alone is not the BEST, but if you consider the manga as well, AMG is really the best ever. Belldandy is the greatest character ever made.

KGNE is good, but it pissed me off like none other. That ending had me depressed for weeks.
Old 2004-12-02, 04:07   Link #36
mansour

I haven't watched much anime at all. I'm very picky. But i watched Maison Ikkoku. I just liked the setting and the mood the anime delivered. It's also funny to watch.

Again i haven't watched that much anime, so far i watched 4 anime series in total.
Old 2004-12-02, 11:41   Link #37
mcicy

Love Hina Green Green

Love Hina and Green Green are my favourite romantic comedies
Old 2004-12-02, 12:48   Link #38
Zipi-2
God

Send a message via ICQ to Zipi-2
well KGNE is the best from what i have seen , it is the most emotional anime , the charecters cast isnt so good the main charecter is someone you will probebly want to kill or shoot or torture or anything else that comes to my twisted mind ^_^ . do not watch and i repeat do not watch da capo , its one of the worse animes i have ever seen . it may have very good animation but there is nothing good about the anime itself . chobits is nice and extreamly funny and kinda romantic. and try konan if you can get past the wierd animation you will find a very good romance flick.
Old 2004-12-02, 17:05   Link #39
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by tug
I think Touch is a fantastic shounen / sports / romance anime. It has superb soundtrack, animation (for 1985, mind you), and voice acting. I believe it's something worth watching, even if it's old.

In fact, it was Touch that opened my eyes to anime when I was only 9 years old, in 1991 (wow, time flies...) when it aired in Spain.

It's a true masterpiece, one of the best stories of Mitsuru Adachi and one of the best animes of the 80's.

It made me start liking romance altogether. Heck, it even made me start liking baseball, and we don't play professional baseball here in Portugal (or even Europe!)

(Not only that but also it's being distributed here in animesuki by central anime! )
Agreed, this is a great classic masterpiece and (probably) one of the in it's genre.
Everything is done pretty much perfectly. Great voices, awesome story, no shallow characters. HIGHLY recommended.
There's no better romance/drama anime out there, believe me.
Old 2006-01-16, 16:44   Link #40
MamoruUsagi

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon

Best love story ever. 200 anime episodes, 18 manga columes, the live action version. I have been a fan since 1995. Usagi and Mamoru (Serena and Darien), have lots of romantic kisses, get married, have a family and are true lovers, boyfriend and girlfriend and husband and wife.

Fushigi Yuugi

Lovely love story. Miaka and Tamahome have a touching love story that is fantastic. Is is truly wonderful, touching and memorable.

Ayashi no Ceres

The manga is brilliant. Excellent love story, truly incredible.

Marmalade Boy

Cute, bittersweet and fun.

Fushigi Yuugi is also known as Fushigi Yugi: The Mysterious Play.

Ayashi no Ceres is also known as Ceres: Celestial Legend

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon is also known as Sailor Moon
Closed Thread