AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2013-12-11, 00:34   Link #1
ulti19

Gaia Blocks

Since this is the fan art section, I'd like to showcase a graphic novel I've been working on to get some feedback from a community who generally reads these kinds of stories. Let me know what you think!
* I added some newer drawings to showcase how much the project has evolved since I first showcased it here over one year ago. I hope you enjoy the art.

*Newer Drawings

When Ulti combines his Gaia Blocks with the ancient Geonian Blade his spirit is unleashed when he enters what the Relic Goddess refers to as the 'Gaia State'.

These drawings below were the older version of Gaia blocks.

Spoiler for large image:

Spoiler for large image:

Spoiler for Big Image:

Spoiler for Big Image:

Spoiler for Big image:

Last edited by ulti19; 2015-01-18 at 23:24.
ulti19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 19:04   Link #2
Mouretsu
Behemoth Tactical Soldier

What tools did you use to draw this? And what program did you use to fill in the colors or/and to draw?
Mouretsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 23:59   Link #3
ulti19

I draw everything with ink then scan it in to my pc to color the drawings or make them black and white in grey scale. I use some standard 0.5 mm pens and 0.7 for some different lines. I use a program called GIMP to do the shading and colors. Not many artists use it, but I find it works really well once you get used to it. I'd love to get feedback on my drawings as not all the designs are finalized yet and things can change.

I wanted the main character to have an almost samurai-ish feel to him while at the same time maintaining a fantasy like origin. The massive arm and leg gear is designed on purpose to stand out as it will be a main part of the story and will make it possible to show off some quite entertaining special abilities I think anyways.
Old 2013-12-12, 23:01   Link #4
Reverzer0
Sleeping

i thought it was manually shaded and colored using a mouse plus portable application! How about adding some effects from outer layer to make it a bit realistic?!
Old 2013-12-13, 13:23   Link #5
ulti19

I'm actually going to change the way I light and shade the environment and parts of the characters, I'm not 100% satisfied with the way it is now.
Old 2013-12-13, 22:04   Link #6
Reverzer0
Sleeping

Nice", aim for the better. I'm also not contented with my works even though it s just for fun only",
Old 2013-12-14, 15:49   Link #7
ulti19

Of course, it is only natural to strive to make your own work better. Each time I draw I learn a little more about the style I want to keep with and things I shouldn't do. Constructive criticism never hurts either as it points out potential for growth if someone is eager to improve.
Old 2013-12-15, 22:31   Link #8
Mouretsu
Behemoth Tactical Soldier

Have you looked into digital drawing? You can zoom in and perfect different corners rather than real life drawing - which is impossible to do. I don't know what type of program is GIMP but I think you can at least zoom in to draw different corners or angles.
Mouretsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 23:32   Link #9
ulti19

I actually prefer to draw it on paper with ink rather than on a computer program. It's just my preference, though I can see the advantages of drawing on a pad straight to the pc. It would save me time and add eraser capabilities lol.
Old 2013-12-21, 22:46   Link #10
ulti19

This is how the novel is progressing.

Spoiler for big image:

Spoiler for large image:

Last edited by ulti19; 2013-12-22 at 23:12.
Old 2015-01-02, 17:58   Link #11
ulti19

It has been a long time since I've been here, the novel has changed so much since back then haha it is quite fun to see those older versions. If anyone liked it, these are some screens on how it has evolved

Last edited by ulti19; 2015-07-06 at 20:11.