AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-07-16, 10:38   Link #41
KnightHart
The Traveler of the Book

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Spoiler for Chie-Nee's , Kashi's end:
Otherwise I think some of the narrated descriptions and such are a bit tediously detailed and not quite interesting or relevant.
Gonna try Kirari's routes now after playing Ran's route in Sengoku Rance.
awww how can you hate the adorable Midori sorta agree about that old man though >_>;;
Old 2009-07-16, 10:48   Link #42
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Hey, the old man is kinda cool ! ;_;
Spoiler:

Oh btw, Kirari route is epic ;_; just don't forget to save after you finished the trip.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 11:37   Link #43
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Spoiler for Chie's and Kashi's end:

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-07-16 at 11:54.
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 22:56   Link #44
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Slowpoke I am finally got around to starting this (Need more time...and money...bah... ).

So far though not horribly impressed...The music is fantastic and I enjoyed Chie's route (and her character in general) a great deal, but I can't get very far into Kashi's route...She just bores me to tears and I keep fighting the urge to fall asleep...

I switched over to Kira, but her voice and general behavior just grates on my nerves like pulling nails across a chalk board...Shes a cute kid don't get me wrong, but in a "oh I'd like to have her as a friend or a daughter" kindof way not romantically...

Ah well I still consider it worth the purchase just for Chie and the music...Ok and maybe Shikako...seriously whose idea was it to give the best character design to the male lead...*grumbles*

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 08:59   Link #45
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

If anyone is interested, Mangagamer finally did listen to the suggestions and started offering demos.
One of the current three games available with a translated demo is Kira Kira (demo is mirrored here ). The demo contains quite a lot in my opinion. Basically the whole school chapter phase is playable with it, and there are a many funny moments in that part.
Please try it out now if you have some free time. After playing through I have to say it is indeed a great game and the demo should be able to reflect that.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-08-21 at 12:24. Reason: modified links
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 18:28   Link #46
zetsubou-san
suicidal self-flagellator

I haven't played many VNs before, but I would say Kira Kira's sub-plots are better than most other mindless VN-based anime (Kimikiss comes to mind, or even the Da Capo series).

If they could've chosen a better seiyuu (for a genki girl, someone like Kanae Ito perhaps) to do Kirari, both her normal and true routes are the best stories in the game.

Otherwise, my favorite character would have to be Sarina.

Another disappointment is that both Sarina's and Chie's routes seems to have been cut short to the high school / college timeline, while Kirari's routes elaborated on the prologue of the gang post-high school. I guess it's not too hard to guess which route the authors intended for the protagonist to take.

Am looking forward to see if Mangagamer decides to continue with "Curtain Call."
zetsubou-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 02:02   Link #47
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Hmm i would have to say this is one of the best translated VN out there, well story wise and music wise, did i mention that this game has both funny and sad moment?no, not a silly/overacted one, but a good funny and sad moment.

Maybe i haven't play too many eroge these days, and the only japanese eroge that i touch is key's but i would say that people over at 2ch who voted this eroge to be one of the best eroge of 2007 sure have a good taste.

Because i would even say this game is as enjoyable as key's game, the story is good too, so yea buy it, recommended!
Old 2009-09-21, 09:21   Link #48
Manic
real men love pink

Well this was the 1st VN i have played and while the music was awesome the endings were lacking especially Sarina's who was my fav by far. I also think even if lacking in areas it was the best ending. Chei's was ok, but kinda ended on a dumb note. Kirari's were by far the worst endings/routes not even close to being as good as the other 2 girls. Even the true ending sucked imo, and I would rank the sex change ending higher than the both of hers.

like i said tho the soundtrack is awesome and i even went out to find it haha
Old 2009-09-27, 08:30   Link #49
Tiberium Wolf

I am playing the game now and it's awesome.

What I don't like is the inconsistency in translation and typos and other mistakes. Not that is really bad. But what is bad is the text box that is the entire screen and if you darken too much the text box you can't see the background. Don't darken too much you can't read because the background is white or so. One other issue is that there is no indication of who is speaking in each dialog line. When you get like a big text and have a lot of dialog you can get lost when background changes or when you go away and get back and try to re-read the last lines and you don't know who each line belongs too.

I find it odd that this game seems obscured somehow. I got shuffle and omg... the content was so small compared to this one.
Old 2009-09-27, 16:15   Link #50
Shadow Kira01

I will be playing it after Shuffle!. This visual novel seems to have some nice graphics..
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 18:07   Link #51
Tiberium Wolf

Ok... Finished. The true end seems like a general end. Strange that they made it like this.
Old 2009-09-28, 20:32   Link #52
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
Considering how sad I amd during Kirari's route, I think the good end is not that bad

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 09:07   Link #53
klako

I am currently replaying this game on my iphone. Found this thread when searching for walkthrough on google.

This is definitely my favorite among recent visual novels. I mainly replay it because i am curious about how they will handle the sex scenes on the iphone version. Of course, i am enjoying it all over again (not skipping anything).

The order i played it on PC is Kirari(normal) -> Kashi -> Chie -> Kirari(true). And i feel the Kirari(normal) is actually the most powerful ending. In fact, when i first finish Kashi's ending, my thoughts are "That is it? no epilogue?". I set my expectation too high after the Kirari(normal) and feel a bit disappointed. Both Kashi and Chie endings are quite good, but really feel less complete. There is no "after story" stuff like the two Kirari's endings.

Anyway, Kira Kira's fan with iphone, you can get this game now:
http://itunes.apple.com/app/id330628336

Even people who never play this before, you can buy it cheaper on iphone for $10 compare to 37 euro for the PC version. And believe me, even if they cut the sex scenes, the game is still very good.
And after you play it (and realized it is really the best game you ever play ), go buy both versions to support the creators of this game. So they can make more such quality games, and more importantly translate them for english market.
klako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 14:53   Link #54
Shadow Kira01

There is even an iphone version!?

Well, there is already a playstation 2 version and I am guessing that a psp version with additional content may be likely. For that matter, I guess I will spend time on the visual novel. It does seem very popular. I have yet to decide which route to take though, most likely Kirari.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 21:46   Link #55
Rin-chan

Send a message via AIM to Rin-chan Send a message via MSN to Rin-chan
Sorry to do a bit of necro but I been trying to find something out for awhile now. Who is the seiyuu for Kirari ? I know UR@N does the singing but not positive about the dialog itself and I am having a very hard time finding information on it.
Rin-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 06:19   Link #56
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Nakamura Tomoko. Not much of her is available among english speaking websites unfortunately.
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/中村知子
http://beautyplanets.web.fc2.com/VADB/actor/c_3972.html
Old 2010-07-11, 01:57   Link #57
Y0K41

Soo, I take it there is not Midori route? T.T
That one choice regarding your opinion of her got my hopes up.
Y0K41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 08:43   Link #58
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Thankfully there isn't.
Old 2011-02-20, 18:46   Link #59
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

This VN is everything I expected K-ON! to be like. Too bad K-ON! was a failure. This is more deserving of an anime. Very entertaining.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 01:30   Link #60
winkel

For those with iTouch/iPad/iPhones, the English App version of Kira☆Kira is currently on sale for $4.99 to support the earthquake disaster in Japan. All proceeds will go to the Japan Red Cross.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id330628336?mt=8
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eroge, humor, music, visual novel