AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 77 42.31%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 53 29.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 18.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.55%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-22, 01:20   Link #61
.:bliss
Nyuu~

Send a message via MSN to .:bliss
Uwah. In episode 8, Yui's showing something towards Hinata. =3. [luuurve them]
Old 2010-05-22, 01:30   Link #62
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

"howling" = dark archon "maelstorm"? immobilizes enemies etc..

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2010-05-22, 01:51   Link #63
X207
Gamyūsa

i think tachibana will be worse off than before. there will be a good one against +10 agresssive clones. she said none will be deleted so she'll have to keep all the agressive ones from taking over until she finds a soution to it.
Old 2010-05-22, 02:33   Link #64
Daydreamer Rumi-chan
is perfectly unique 100%!

I'm pretty sure it was expected, but seeing Naoi in the opening had me lol for a good bit. On to the episode though, I would have loved to see a showdown between Kanade and her clone but man, simultaneous K.O looked painful. >_<

During the scene with Yuri in Kanade's dorm room, the wide camera angle shown twice made me feel like she was being watched. I'm pretty sure we'd all like to know more about that Angel Player program too.

OH and:
"It's my turn. Get chance and luck! Wooooooo-ha-haaaaaaaaaa! Augh." TK's random english is hilarious. Wow, I can't believe their deaths were so funny. XD
There is only 1 word for dis: EPIC.
Old 2010-05-22, 03:20   Link #65
hai_san

GOD DAMN Cliffhanger!!!
Old 2010-05-22, 03:42   Link #66
zette

Amazing episode, and shit absolutely hit the fan. Great comedy too, and as we know from the first few eps, you don't particularly need to be concerned about them sacrificing themselves and you can actually laugh about it since they'll all come back anyway. They utilized this aspect of the show very well in this ep, resulting in some truly hilarious moments. Naoi is annoying as fuck though with his 'insult everyone and then praise Otonashi'; it was rather funny the first time, but it got repetitive the subsequent times.

This is probably the best ep so far. I have to say I was pretty pissed when the episode ended because I was really getting into it and it had to end with a cliffhanger. ;[ Next week couldn't come any sooner.
Old 2010-05-22, 03:52   Link #67
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Episode 8:

I <3 You Kadane!!!!!! DX
Old 2010-05-22, 04:11   Link #68
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Amazing episode 10/10 from me, their suicidally tactics, literally, were hilarious T.K., Naoi, and Hinata were all awesome, and of course Yui's self owning was amusing. Seeing Yuri's fight with the clone and then out witting the clone with the earplugs to counter Howling was impressive, it's no wonder she's the leader of the SSS [to me anyways].

P.S. I agree the non-Yui members of Girls Dead Monster really really really need some screen time along with Yasa, though I enjoy Yui so seeing her get more time isn't bad . Though I hope they decide to use Little Braver in a future episode somewhere, since they made the song so good for the P.V..

P.S.S. Cliffhangers back to back like this makes me feeling I was watching Code Geass, or Death Note . Even with the cliffhanger was worth staying up waiting for subs on it today.
MAL
Old 2010-05-22, 04:14   Link #69
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Still... I am surprised how useless Yurippe is. Thanks to her, Kanade is absorbing some bad stuff... She doesn't know what the words mean, but randomly plays with dangerous and important programs... Talk about idiotic... (O_O)
Isn't Yurippe the last boss...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Except Absorb and the results were pretty coincidental. She was playing with something very crucial without half-knowing what she was doing. Lucky that she got good results.
Other stuff... The part where she sacrifices everyone to get to the end, but this results in Kanade feeling lots of pain when she started absorbing those clones.
Then, her entire treatment of Kanade through the series.

...Well, maybe useless is the wrong word? No good, then? Dame-Yuri, kind of like Dame-Tsuna.
I beg to differ here. Whilst Yuri obviously couldn't grasp the whole software considering how thick the manual is, it is obvious Yuri understood at the very least what the words meant. Otherwise, she wouldn't be realizing something with Absorb and Howling.
And seriously, the diagram was pretty straightforward and plainly the "opposite" of Harmonics', so setting Absorb was pretty obvious.

Furthermore, despite they hardly had any time to waste, she manages not to rush and actually keep the modifications to the strict minimum. The fact that she simply added an extra condition/trigger was a good idea without doing jack (unless you are doing something terrible to the program itself, adding a condition/trigger/flag shouldn't alter the whole program, while removing something can just lead you to some black screen of death).

As for the whole merging issue, not only no one expected that all clones could use harmonics, but the fact they also have a consciousness wasn't expected either (even Yuzuru was caught offguard).

Again, it seems there is a tad too much bias and suddenly throwing the fault on a character, while everything was pretty circumstancial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Seriously suicide and getting massacred is not something you supposed make a jokes of it... Or Maeda is get into S&M things ?
Hardly. It is because of the franchise premise that they have to do that. Remember that it was set in stone that everyone will revive sooner or later from their death (as in, both characters behavior and show's direction). Therefore, pulling a "not comedy" overdramatic sequence would be meaningless. In fact, without the obvious comedy aspect, the sacrifices would have looked dim and poor, because the premise is already affected by the fact they don't die.
Old 2010-05-22, 04:20   Link #70
Ezilled

As much as I found the fight scenes and the typical gags from the first half were nice and all, the humor from the second half, although the last-will sacrifice was quite funny at some point, was designed to buy some time and killed the serious tone and atmosphere prior to save Kanade from her clones. If those reused parts were omitted, these might have ended with a solid climax or epilogue focusing on Kanade, leaving out its cliffhanger element as well. Additionally, the first scene about one of her clones fighting SSS without reason and especially the last scene about her at critical state, would have greater intense feeling and impact respectively towards me as a viewer. That's my only opinion that I can criticize though, anything else seems just fine.

On the bright side, TK, 5th Dan, Shiina, and especially Yuri had respective, daredevil moments to level-up. What if Yui had wet her pants on this episode? Also, poor Noda, even though he's somehow badass, he's always eliminated immediately without putting him to a good fight, while Naoi seems better as a comic relief than being smart guy. The next episode looks like a low-key, gloomy one as Otonashi has a reflection and recollection from his past that might lead to some clues on the main story.

Last edited by Ezilled; 2010-05-22 at 15:04. Reason: oh grammar.
Old 2010-05-22, 04:22   Link #71
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
The whole team except Otonashi was useless at the start of the ep. Yuri starts to fight Tenshi and they ACTUALLY HAVE TO BE TOLD to help her. WTF? The way they just stand there with "what do we do? What do we do!?" was just pathetic.
Old 2010-05-22, 04:28   Link #72
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
The whole team except Otonashi was useless at the start of the ep. Yuri starts to fight Tenshi and they ACTUALLY HAVE TO BE TOLD to help her. WTF? The way they just stand there with "what do we do? What do we do!?" was just pathetic.
More like they were stunned seeing a second Tenshi while Kanade was behind them, and considering how many times they fought her, it was a drastic change of situation with Tenshi attacking one of them that aggressively.
That and the fact that sudden situation bears no real good option to deal with it. Considering Noda's reaction, they weren't dazzed too long about it, but they were helpless how to do it, as it might be much more dangerous to take badly timed and unwise initiative.

In fact, whilst they were helpless in this situation, it allowed the said situation not to be much worse (considering how different the SSS members are, if they were to act on their own at the same time, with their own decision, you could probably expect a ridiculous onslaught).
Old 2010-05-22, 04:41   Link #73
Qikz

One thing I just remembered was I loved how Naoi was insulting everyone but kept going. Oh, but not you Otonashi (swoon). He's got such a blatent crush. :P
Old 2010-05-22, 04:44   Link #74
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
One thing I just remembered was I loved how Naoi was insulting everyone but kept going. Oh, but not you Otonashi (swoon). He's got such a blatent crush. :P
Which is super adorable of him, yes.

TK easily had the best death of the episode, though Naoi's was pretty hilarious as well.
Old 2010-05-22, 05:17   Link #75
Kagura89

T.K. with his break-dance at the corridor is pure win.
Everybody sacrifice themselves but T.K. part is the best.Good thing no one say anything to Naoi because what he did to Oyama
Yui got self-owned is hilarious XD

This episode is better than last one.Although there are some part that bugging me but I can't exactly point what is it...
I hope Kanade will be fine...her scream indicates how much pain she receives.Hang in there girl!!!
Old 2010-05-22, 05:33   Link #76
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
Good episode. One thing that bugs me is that for some reasons I felt that this episode was too short I know the time slot for all the episodes are all the same...but perhaps because I was too engrossed with this episode that I didn't feel that 30 minutes have passed >_>;

There's also another things that bugs me in this episode...I know Yuri is strong, but isn't her ability (like Tenshi), is not human-like at all ? It's as if she have her own version of 'Overdrive' or whatever you call it, that boost her strength more than normal. Noticed that she can throw Tenshi to the wall with just one swing, and her ability to trace Tenshi's blade @_@

Perhaps I'm overthinking about it?
Nope, I was thinking the same thing when she threw Tenshi meters away. I think she has passive skills too.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2010-05-22, 05:51   Link #77
Jimmy C

I wonder, anyone want to set up a Kill Counter to keep track of how many times each character has died?
Old 2010-05-22, 06:45   Link #78
farios

I honestly don't think this episode is that good, the stupid sacrifices things are really boring after it is repeated for like 6 times already, they just pull that to give reasons to dispose other members before the end. And now most characters seems to be demoted into some Butt Monkey for comedy only, cept for Otonashi, Yuri, Angel.
Old 2010-05-22, 07:19   Link #79
Francismeunier
Banned

Thumbs up

Holy! The battle at the beginning not to mention near the end! Yuri VS Tenshi clones never stops being epic like this here=>

In other points......I am thinking this the first time to see Yuri's room and the first thing I see is cute things around like here on the floor next to her=>
Spoiler:
Also Yui's expressions are amazing in this episode once I will have to add the fact I counted a 30 GIF possibility and out of that 5 just for Yui but this expression =>
Spoiler:
is my favorite one along with the other one right after that one. Tenshi! Oh no! No! No! The drama and pain that she suffers...oh why is that!=>
Spoiler:
I wonder if the colors mean red for war and black for curses again Yuri? Anyone know.....I mean normally those are white with some blue......right? Talking about those numbers when Tenshi activates Guard Skills. Anyone know who Fujimaki is making fun of here=>
Spoiler:
Anyone notice that in the ending..... they changed Takamatsu's pose?=>
Spoiler:
TK.......It's my turn! Get chance and luck! and also Moonwalk! + Head spin! = to break dancing! Yeah! That was Other than that the suicides were plain ridiculous from Matsushita's being serious to Ooyama being plain ridiculous along with Hinata one. Well it was much more intense not only in the battles of Yuri VS Tenshi but also with the drama of Tenshi x Otonashi! 10/10!
Quote:
Originally Posted by farios View Post
I honestly don't think this episode is that good, the stupid sacrifices things are really boring after it is repeated for like 6 times already, they just pull that to give reasons to dispose other members before the end
I don't agree with you. True that it was a little foolish but I look at more as something to give Tenshi a reason that the other members are willing to go that far to help her. Also I see it as a character show with Matsushita being the more serious of all of them. A last thing, I think the deaths were also a comedy attempt which was to me........ pretty much as in a complete failure especially with Ooyama although Hinata one worked fine but only due to Yui!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melange View Post
"howling" = dark archon "maelstorm"? immobilizes enemies etc..
No it's just a sound distortion that is pointless once your ears are protected. The sound is indeed a immobilizer for the enemy but not effective as you can see with Yuri.
Old 2010-05-22, 07:36   Link #80
farios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
In other points......I am thinking this the first time to see Yuri's room and the first thing I see is cute things around like here on the floor next to her=>
Actually i think that's Angel's not Yuri's room, why would she have the Angel Player software on her computer? And if that really is her room she wouldn't be surprised to see the manual on her room
Closed Thread