Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-09-29, 19:48   Link #81
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
So do I watch the first TV, OAD series and than watch Hana no Uta TV if I want the correct viewing order? Or does the OAD occur after this?
The first TV series is not necessary because it was different enough that it's not canon, from character backstories down to an original resolution. You can still watch it if you want. The first OAD series (Hoshi no Umi) takes place before Hana no Uta but they've said the new anime will be accommodating to both new and old fans, so it's not actually necessary. They ought to give everyone the gist of the stuff up to the arc with the anime original episodes, so jumping straight into this should be no problem, I think.

What I don't recommend to any non-manga reader is to watch Tsuki ni Naku, the next set of OADs when it comes out because that takes place after Hana no Uta. Going from the first tv series to Hoshi no Umi is fairly doable by readjusting what you've learnt from the tv series but not for that (Hint: Lila will be introduced in this new series but she's already there in the next OAD, amongst other things).

I'm really looking forward to what they'll cover besides the title arc and the anime original episodes because IIRC it isn't long enough to warrant a whole cour.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 16:35   Link #82
dark998

If Mahou Showtime is accurate, roughly 17 hours till episode 1 broadcast. Can't wait.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 06:22   Link #83
Horse

I loved it. Surprisingly laid-back for an opening episode but I really enjoyed how it was directed (felt very confident, if that makes any sense) and animated (not very flashy but with lots of little movement). The characters were great as always. Also, dat music during the "fight"! Yaaaaaaas!

Hopefully the production values don't drop. Moar please.

PS. It does seem to be a full reboot ATM, BTW.

Last edited by Horse; 2013-10-07 at 06:52.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 07:20   Link #84
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That was pleasantly laid back which is what I'd prefer. Awesome premiere but I could have done without the needless fanservice. Oh well. It's not going away so I'll just have to tolerate it.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 11:15   Link #85
dark998

Damn good intro. Great animation, OST and teamwork between the quartet, without forgetting the atypical action scenes and occasional fanservice that was present in Hoshi no Umi as well. Definitely can't wait for more.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 11:16   Link #86
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This was my first experience with Yozakura Quartet and I was pretty impressed. Nice visuals, fluid animation, interesting premise and cool superpowers. Second best opening episode I've seen this season right behind Kill La Kill. Looking forward to more.

In the meantime I'll get the Hoshi no Umi OVAs.
Old 2013-10-07, 11:38   Link #87
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

I wasn't expecting much from this series but I still gave it a try
I never thought I'd actually like it. I was only curious at first since I was looking for a show that has Miyukichi in the cast

Will definitely follow this one

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 13:53   Link #88
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 14:41   Link #89
Jerseykid

I can't remember watching whatever they are remaking but I got major deja vu.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 16:03   Link #90
Birdway
Banned

Can anyone post the openingon this thread?
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 17:19   Link #91
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
LOL They actualy referenced the Tsundere song from the first series. Though I keep on wondering why the production passed on the manga style art yet again, and went for this rounded style (much more so compared to Hoshi no Umi) instead. Easier to animate?
Old 2013-10-07, 18:54   Link #92
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
Urgh, they moeified all the characters. When the original work is done by such a fantastic artist as Yasuda Suzuhito, why mess with his designs?
The production is obviously on a budget, so I'm guessing that they're using a simpler and rounded style for less cost, and also to make it easier to do fluid animation. See Hoshi no Umi for example.

Yes, I do miss the manga designs too, but this kind of works as well.
Old 2013-10-07, 18:57   Link #93
Excorsism

Quote:
Urgh, they moeified all the characters. When the original work is done by such a fantastic artist as Yasuda Suzuhito, why mess with his designs?

Also to those whinging on about fanservice (which I assume to you mean pantsu shots) they toned it down from the manga.

Finally, why on earth does Cthuko translate Youkai as "beasts"? That's gotta be one of the worst translation localizations I've ever seen. Are they trying to steal Commie and GG'S crowns as the biggest butchers of both English and Japanese?
I honestly don't remember that many panty shots in the manga although I guess there were some, Kotoha the most obvious one. Hime's thighs were a huge focus though, at least from what I remember, .
Old 2013-10-07, 19:46   Link #94
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Finally, why on earth does Cthuko translate Youkai as "beasts"? That's gotta be one of the worst translation localizations I've ever seen. Are they trying to steal Commie and GG'S crowns as the biggest butchers of both English and Japanese?
quote from their website
"There is a second track for those who want “youkai” in their subs."

Don't judge

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 20:51   Link #95
kobester11

The series keeps drifting away from the unique character designs of the manga...
This is disappointing.
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 20:58   Link #96
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Sure the designs could be sharper, but I think they are pretty solid overall. They still look nice enough.

The first episode overall was fine. Gets the cast and their powers mostly introduced. Luckily Ao's drawing was at least proven correct at the end there .

Seems like it will be good fun. And yeah I'm glad the one subs did have the youkai option. No matter how funny it was to ask Akina if he was a beast I'd rather have a remotely accurate term being used.
Old 2013-10-07, 21:11   Link #97
MCAL

It's not like I don't understand why people are against these designs, I do. But if character design were all something a manga/anime had going for it, I'd question if it was really something worth reading/watching in the first place.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 00:49   Link #98
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
It's not like I don't understand why people are against these designs, I do. But if character design were all something a manga/anime had going for it, I'd question if it was really something worth reading/watching in the first place.
It just wouldn't be a Yozakura board without the streaming complaints about the character designs, though. It's just the price of admission.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 00:54   Link #99
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Personally, I did not find the original style of the manga to be anything to write home about. I didn't think it was bad, but it also didn't blow me away. It just worked really well with the story it was trying to convey, which I found to be pretty good. Despite those feelings, I still find that the style of every YQ adaption so far pales in comparison. This did not make or break the series for me, however. It is simply an annoyance.
Old 2013-10-08, 03:58   Link #100
Warm Mist

Ugh, Yasuda is terrible. These designs are much better, and suited to being animated. It has nothing to do with "being on a budget"; budget has to do with the amount of frames, not with how detailed they are. They couldn't do that much animation if they were on a tight budget.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem