AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-19, 03:12   Link #1021
tsunade666

Gives some credist to shiage. Even Accel acknowledges his wits on trying to take him on. Due to some misunderstanding.
Old 2010-06-19, 08:53   Link #1022
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Whose? Saiai's? From an image I saw a while back, it looked like it wasn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
It doesn't also look to me as an accident.................. she literally lift it herself
The image from vol 19, right? Yeah, that was an accident. She was teasing Hamazura with fake skirt lifts, then accidentally did a real one.
Old 2010-06-19, 08:59   Link #1023
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

OH.
Ellis from L4D2: I'd be lookin' forwerd to that animated.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-06-19, 12:11   Link #1024
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
The image from vol 19, right? Yeah, that was an accident. She was teasing Hamazura with fake skirt lifts, then accidentally did a real one.
I bet seeing his reaction after she accidentally did that made her think it's going to be more fun teasing him that way... oh boy.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-06-21, 04:30   Link #1025
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

actually, it:s been stated that mugino can beat misaka in 1 move as long as she use her unleashed power(which will also kill her). She:s pretty proud of it because even accelerator is predicted need to use 128 moves to kill railgun. On an even fight to win and survive it might be a different story though.
Old 2010-06-21, 06:03   Link #1026
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, the world of Toaru Majutsu no Index also states that one should screw the odds. Accelerator learned this the hard way when he got pwned by someone else.

Now that Mugino is dependent on Dark Legacy, Mugino one-shotting the Ace of Tokiwadai is nothing but a distant dream of Number Four.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-06-21, 09:42   Link #1027
tsunade666

but with the dark legacy
Spoiler for novel spoiler:
Old 2010-06-21, 10:13   Link #1028
Shadow5YA

Remember that Mikoto was also out of power in her fight against Mugino. At full power, Mikoto could easily deflect Mugino's beams, and if Mugino decides to close in for a close combat brawl, Mikoto will shock her with direct contact.

The only question is how much Mikoto will hold back. She's too kind to hurt another person, unless provoked (or unless your name is Touma).
Old 2010-06-21, 10:52   Link #1029
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The only question is how much Mikoto will hold back. She's too kind to hurt another person, unless provoked (or unless your name is Touma).
If Mugino hurts Touma critically or a Sister killed she'll be homicidal on her as Mikoto did with Accelerator when he killed the first Sister she made a sibling connection with.

Difference was Mikoto couldn't take on Accelerator with Mugino she can take on and probably kill her.
Old 2010-06-21, 17:02   Link #1030
Pyromania

Actually I'd be willing to bet that several of the Level 5's have enough power control to hurt Accelerator, based on what Kihara did to him with just a controlled form of martial art. Level 5's are in general implied to have insane control over their power (see Mikoto using it to hack computer networks or Mugino using it to... break her fall?).

Doubt this would ever be explored. Also several of them should have indirect (Oxygen depletion) means of harming Accel, baring the 7th one.

And Mikoto doesn't even get homicidal with Touma. If she did she would have done the "dozens of steel beams flying at you from multiple directions" gimmick and god hand or not he'd have been mincemeat.
Old 2010-06-21, 17:23   Link #1031
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
Actually I'd be willing to bet that several of the Level 5's have enough power control to hurt Accelerator, based on what Kihara did to him with just a controlled form of martial art. Level 5's are in general implied to have insane control over their power (see Mikoto using it to hack computer networks or Mugino using it to... break her fall?).

Doubt this would ever be explored. Also several of them should have indirect (Oxygen depletion) means of harming Accel, baring the 7th one.

And Mikoto doesn't even get homicidal with Touma. If she did she would have done the "dozens of steel beams flying at you from multiple directions" gimmick and god hand or not he'd have been mincemeat.
yeah, though use of certain types of control and application, Levels 5's may have the ability to hit the number 1. Doesn't mean that he'll just stand there and let them though.

People seem to forget that getting by his sheild does not equate victory. After all, he can still hit them. Hard. And he is fast, and smart and a whole load of other things.

He is still Number 1.

True, Misaka doesn't start throwing stuff, (though Touma is very good at dodging anyway) but she has unleashed her full strength on him, and used tactics that could kill a normal person.

That whip sword iron sand would have gone right through Touma if not for his hand.
Old 2010-06-21, 17:54   Link #1032
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Kihara was a one off, as the scientist that studied him since the begining, he had full understanding of his powers which I assume includes the timing of his reflection. It's the same as how telestina knows that Mikoto's coin railgun can only go up to 50m.

As for Touma, pretty soon I'm sure he can dodge bullets...
Old 2010-06-21, 19:06   Link #1033
Miraluka
Banned

Is stated that the only "esper" abled to hurt Accelerator is the #2 Kakine Teitoku.
Kihara only worked on him because he was the developer of his powers since Accelerator was a kid, but even Kihara noticed that if that could be true he never would have needed to usel the Hound Dogs. Later Accelerator noticed the flaws of his powers and then.... awaken. I doubt very much that the oxygen tactics would work him again unless you are Misaka Worst who Accelerator can't harm because of his traumas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
As for Touma, pretty soon I'm sure he can dodge bullets...
He can somehow predict the moment before the shot.
Old 2010-06-21, 20:30   Link #1034
sangkun

Quote:
He can somehow predict the moment before the shot.
Isn't that only for esper powers?
Old 2010-06-21, 21:21   Link #1035
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangkun View Post
Isn't that only for esper powers?
He did it while fighting against the 2 hijackers on the plane before Stiyl arrived.
Old 2010-06-22, 00:27   Link #1036
tsunade666

and precognition isn't only for espers. If it's only for espers then their is no way to explain on how he can still survive the battle against mages if his only bet is his imagine breaker.

I think the power level of the rank 3 - 6 are almost the same. though the rank 7 is a big question mark. It's only up to brain and tactics to outwit the enemy. Though trying to outwit the rank 1 and 2 is on the different scale.

was does everybody or rather most people think that mikoto need to be homicidal to be strong. I think she's plenty strong enough so she doesn't need to turn into a killer or rather she shouldn't go near to the dark side of the academy city. It's too dangerous for her.
Old 2010-06-22, 02:41   Link #1037
Ashaman

It is because, for her to use her full powers, she would need o be willing to kill.

A big enough electric shock can stop someone's heart, well within Misaka's ability.

However, she never usess this much force against anyone because she doesn't want to kill.

Hence the willingness to kill = stronger. She is not getting stronger, only unleashing her strength.

I don't think the Dark side is too dngerous for her; if its too dangerous for the 3rd Level 5, it's too danggerous for anyone but 1 + 2.
Old 2010-06-22, 05:01   Link #1038
tsunade666

it's dangerous for her because it would ruin her peaceful life.

And big enough shock? she's been unleashing lightning attack on her opponent enough to stun or paralyzed them. One wrong calculation from her then those thugs are toast.
Old 2010-06-22, 08:55   Link #1039
Sixth
Hu Tao

Misaka's casual electric spark can cause malfunction on any mechanic things around her. Just imagine that she actually in the state of riot of the blood...Disable the entire technology or machine is not a impossible task for her, knowing that 99% of A.C's property are machine.

Too bad that she isn't meant to be killer, thus her potential is damn limited.

Just imagine that Misaka has pre-LO Accelerator's personality.
Old 2010-06-22, 09:31   Link #1040
ZeroForever

Side thought shouldn't Misaka be capable of generating EMP pulses (given what we've seen of her powers) making her a auto win against any machine AC throws at her. On that note... if she could make EMP pulses wouldn't those be thousand times more effective at destorying the sister project rather then manually going in to blow up the computers.

Tags
fantasy, shounen