Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-29, 20:59   Link #1801
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
As long as there's more Neko, I'm in for season 2.
They need to reunite her with Shiro next season. She looked SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sad....
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 21:06   Link #1802
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
All of the people for the most part who hate this anime(And I'm not including anyone here...hey I'm a fan of the series myself but I admit there was a shitload of flaws in this series) just hate it because it's focusing more on dudes then women and the hints of HoYay.

It all boils down to 'EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW GUYS I CANT FAP TO THAT'

And to who asking, the only really useful female character is Neko and in terms of fanservice, she's naked at times. Can't get any more fanservicey than that can it?
The fanservice aside, I've not got a lot of time or bandwidth these days, and I'm choosing what to watch. Reading some of the posts saying that the ending gives me more of a instead of a makes me decide that I should pass on this series for now.

By the way, I don't like seeing a girl naked all the time..... I'm serious, that's why I'm interested in Seri because of the ZZZZZZETTAI *runs*
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 21:10   Link #1803
felicitero

Anime that has only one letter in its title is uncommon.
felicitero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 21:47   Link #1804
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by felicitero View Post
Anime that has only one letter in its title is uncommon.
and there is one title called C.

It's "common" if you consider there is only 24 possibilities left. and..nowaday..the anime is mass produced like fast food.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 22:06   Link #1805
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This wasnt to bad but the chick in the Blue coat dosnt seem to wear nothing under it and there wasnt enough of the loli

8/10 cant wait tell the next season
Old 2012-12-29, 22:10   Link #1806
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I guess Kuro isn't nick-named the "Black Dog" for nothing............wtf he really is a dog.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 23:48   Link #1807
Feitan-sama

As long as there's a good plot, I'm in for the sequel.
Feitan-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 06:34   Link #1808
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Bring back Shiro!

As long as Shiro (in a body and not only as a flashback), Kuro and Neko are in it, I'm all for season 2.
Old 2012-12-30, 06:58   Link #1809
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
As long as there's more Neko, I'm in for season 2.
As long as there's another grand mystery and more Neko bring on S2.
Old 2012-12-30, 08:45   Link #1810
Arya

eheh, I would gladly swap Neko's time with Seri's time. Seri deserves more onscreen time !!! Instead Shiro could remain where he is now for me

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 09:54   Link #1811
Bern-san

A key visual of K's new production announcement from angela's battou festival.
Kamamoto (he lost weight!) and Anna.

This is from last Memory of Red manga but it has semi-naked Izumo and Seri without her uniform
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-12-30, 11:13   Link #1812
mayumi

I really do wonder about izumo and seri. perhaps izumo likes her but i wonder about seri.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 11:47   Link #1813
Kakkou
Tch.

Got around to finishing this. It was alright overall. Overhyped itself but turned out to be a decent/average show. The core story itself was nicely thought out. Still think putting all their best animated fight scenes in the PVs was a huge mistake next to the poor budget balancing. Took away all the awe from when they actually appeared in show. The lighting scheme... I don't feel like talking about it.

Character wise, it was as expected of a cast conceived by 7 different authors: A huge mess. Clearly they were compromising with each other. Some wanted bishies, some wanted T&A, some wanted catgirls, some wanted lolitas, etc. Someone must've also wanted a fucking pegasus but thankfully that got used in the Memory of Red manga to hilarious effect. The result was a huge cast that was generally poorly utilised, poorly fleshed out and unevenly focused on. Ryohgo Narita, GoRA is not and trying to balance this act of appealing to everyone in 13 episodes was a risk that did not really work out.

Pussy existed purely to keep male viewers going "Ewww, so much bishie sausage but at least there's Pussy to fap to!". Of course someone was at least smart to realise they should at least give her actual competence to try and justify her existence beyond being a poster girl. Now if only they did the same for Seri.

Blacky & Whitey were amusing to watch and the main plot surrounding Whitey was nicely thought out, I just found it hard to really care. I'd really have liked to know a bit more about Weismann considering you know, he's pretty darn pivotal to the whole setting. Nonetheless they were fine.

Found the Red vs Blue aspect more appealing and rather liked HOMRA as a whole. Unfortunately the focus on them came at the expense of Scepter4. I'm not just talking about the anime, the supplementary material on them also feels rather lacking, not to mention the imbalance in relevant clan members is to great. I mean, you even have characters like what's his name voiced by Yuichi Nakamura given tiny little background like the fact he wasn't fat in the past or that he's picky about how fried rice is cooked in magazine spreads or audio dramas but what about Scepter4? They don't even get that privilege. I'm starting to take fan comics on pixiv about two of their mob characters as canon because there's nothing else to go with!

Misaki & Fushimi ended up getting a bit too much unnecessary focus they ended up getting on my nerves by the end. That flashback in ep13 was so badly placed. Mikoto and Reisi are a lot more relevant to the crisis at hand, would have been nice to get more about them besides Reisi's lack of care towards the term "personal space".

TL;DR: Poor budget balancing. Huge cast is meant to appeal to many but poor focus results in it feeling half-hearted. Characters that should have gotten the focus they needed weren't. GoRA none of you are Narita so please focus on a smaller cast in the sequel, maybe even a new one so you can try to get it right this time.

Sounds really negative but I swear I do like this overall, just that it's simply average due to all the problems with the characters. Now to wait for Tatara's song to be released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
This is from last Memory of Red manga but it has semi-naked Izumo and Seri without her uniform
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Any casual Seri is good Seri. <3
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 12:53   Link #1814
MAX_COLA_POWER!

You've just said the secret word Kakkou. As long as there is more CASUAL Seri (both in clothing and in attitude) and more Neko, bring on S2
Old 2012-12-30, 14:40   Link #1815
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Season 2 thread here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=117010
Old 2012-12-30, 14:55   Link #1816
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I just finished K today.

Well, in some ways it was better than I thought it would be. In other ways, it was worst.

It handled tight one-on-one fights very nicely, but faction-spanning conflicts used some cheap animation which was a bit disappointing to see given what this anime looked like in the very first episode.

The setting was a good blend of fantastical sci-fi with modern Japan. It handled this reasonably well, to the point that I never found it particularly immersion-breaking. There weren't many moments when I went "Man, I just can't buy into this at all". But the fantastical sci-fi elements were nonetheless fantastical. Impressive to watch, and added a lot of spice and flare to the show.

Unlike many viewers, I honestly felt that the factions were reasonably well-balanced in screen-time. HOMRA received a bit more focus than SCEPTER 4 but then HOMRA had more personal stakes at play here, so that made sense to me. SCEPTER 4 nonetheless had three key characters on its side (albeit one of them being a former HOMRA member), so I think the anime did a decent job of exploring the world through the inner workings and perspective of SCEPTER 4.

Also, "Chaotic Red" is just more fun than "Blue Order". "Blue Order" is not without its charm, but there's more you can do with "Chaotic Red" without harming characterization.

Shiro's faction made a good "Wild Card" faction of sorts, and managed to keep things consistently interesting. Shiro himself was a generally likeable and amusing main protagonist. Kuro was excellent.

K had a good blend of action with comedy with drama. It knew when to be funny, and it knew when to be serious. I think it did this more effectively and seamlessly than some other anime shows (Chuunibyou didn't pull this off as well as K did, imo).

K's final episode is solid, and covers all the necessary plot points, and does it in a way that makes for a good blend of "believable" with "flashy". Still, the triumphalist note that K ended on was a bit eyebrow-raising for me. It's like it wants you to believe that you've just watched Lord of the Rings or something that epic. It almost works, but I just didn't feel like K ever reached the emotional highs necessary to pull that off. That's probably a reflection of this being an one cour show with a large cast.

At the end of the day, K has a decent but unspectacular plot, and is above average largely due to its visual creativity and animation quality. Its cast of characters aren't particularly memorable, but the most important ones are good, diverse, and well-realized characters.

On the whole, I'd probably give K a 8/10.

I'm skeptical of its second season, though. Mikoto, the Red King was one of the more memorable characters in this show, and I'm not sure if he's easily replaced.

And with much of the mystery behind Shiro/Alfred K Weissman now laid bare, I'm not sure a revived/resurrected Shiro would be as interesting in a 2nd Act as he was in this one (and that's presuming he does come back, of course - If he doesn't, that leaves a gaping hole in the character cast of this show that dwarfs even Mikoto's).
Old 2012-12-30, 15:02   Link #1817
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It handled tight one-on-one fights very nicely, but faction-spanning conflicts used some cheap animation which was a bit disappointing to see given what this anime looked like in the very first episode.
The way it looked in the beginning is the same way it looked in episode two, and the middle and the end. There are a ton of reused backgrounds but because of clever camera angles and context it's not very noticeable.

Quote:
Mikoto, the Red King was one of the more memorable characters in this show, and I'm not sure if he's easily replaced.
Anyone can tell me who voiced him? Since that's one of the more memorable parts of his character.
Old 2012-12-30, 15:08   Link #1818
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Anyone can tell me who voiced him? Since that's one of the more memorable parts of his character.
Tsuda Kenji
Old 2012-12-30, 15:10   Link #1819
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
The way it looked in the beginning is the same way it looked in episode two, and the middle and the end. There are a ton of reused backgrounds but because of clever camera angles and context it's not very noticeable.
I felt that the big SCEPTER 4 vs. HOMRA battle on the school island itself was somewhat lacking. It wasn't exactly bad, but it wasn't quite as fluid and... wild, perhaps you could say? ... as I had hoped. You had these wide panning shots of different pairs of combatants all locked in their own separate struggles.

The various King vs. King struggles were largely great, though. Kuro vs. any named combatant also tended to be excellent.

Quote:

Agreed. He had this great, husky voice.
Old 2012-12-30, 15:15   Link #1820
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
I felt that the big SCEPTER 4 vs. HOMRA battle on the school island itself was somewhat lacking. It wasn't exactly bad, but it wasn't quite as fluid and... wild, perhaps you could say? ... as I had hoped. You had these wide panning shots of different pairs of combatants all locked in their own separate struggles.
The problem was that it was just mostly panning still images and not much in the way of actual moving animation, hence a lacking in atmosphere.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural