AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-09-25, 15:44   Link #10981
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

I'd say that Tsukune's enrollment into Youkai Gakuen wasn't a coincidence. The manga showed a flashback where someone that looked like a priest dropping the flyer as well. This could have been the Headmaster or the Bus Driver. Speaking of those two, they're like watchers. They keep an eye on what's going on with Tsukune. They even seem to also know what will happen to him in the future.

I'd also agree with some that the lock is acting like some sort of filter. IIRC, ghouls are said to have evil, black youki's. The Holy Lock could be used to filter out the evil elements and leave behind "normal" vampire youki.

Whoever the third Dark Lord might be, I hope it's not gonna be Daddy Starbucks. It'll be like the anime and it'd kinda be like a cope out to use him.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 17:29   Link #10982
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
I'd say that Tsukune's enrollment into Youkai Gakuen wasn't a coincidence. The manga showed a flashback where someone that looked like a priest dropping the flyer as well. This could have been the Headmaster or the Bus Driver. Speaking of those two, they're like watchers. They keep an eye on what's going on with Tsukune. They even seem to also know what will happen to him in the future.

I'd also agree with some that the lock is acting like some sort of filter. IIRC, ghouls are said to have evil, black youki's. The Holy Lock could be used to filter out the evil elements and leave behind "normal" vampire youki.

Whoever the third Dark Lord might be, I hope it's not gonna be Daddy Starbucks. It'll be like the anime and it'd kinda be like a cope out to use him.
A lot of inaccurate information there. Vampires by nature have black youki. Also, the word ghoul is just a term to describe the degeneration of Tsukunes mind when the vampiric blood overwhelms him. Just as a refresher heres the one page that best describes Tsukune and what he is.

Spoiler for space:

In short, when the blood has complete control and he loses his mind thats when the term ghoul is interjected. By R+V's definition, Tsukune is not a ghoul. refer back to the top image.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 18:42   Link #10983
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

In the first bubble of the final panel, it says he is equivalent to a ghoul, but he isn't necessarily one.
Old 2009-09-25, 18:46   Link #10984
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Gouls are basically the prototype for the vampire anyway, aren't they?
Old 2009-09-25, 18:50   Link #10985
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Gouls are basically the prototype for the vampire anyway, aren't they?
Ghoul: Corpse possessed by an evil spirit and wanders aimlessly eating flesh of both living and dead.
Old 2009-09-25, 19:01   Link #10986
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Ghoul: Corpse possessed by an evil spirit and wanders aimlessly eating flesh of both living and dead.
The way Moka described them made me think they were like the ancestors of vampires or something...
Old 2009-09-25, 19:05   Link #10987
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
The way Moka described them made me think they were like the ancestors of vampires or something...
Exactly, don't get confused young one. The vampire blood causes Tsukune to behave the way primitive vampires once behaved. Tsukune is not a ghoul, his behavior is just similar to one, and the term is best used to describe it. As Tsukune is not a corpse reanimated by an evil spirit.
Old 2009-09-25, 19:08   Link #10988
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Exactly, don't get confused young one. The vampire blood causes Tsukune to behave the way primitive vampires once behaved. Tsukune is not a ghoul, his behavior is just similar to one, and the term is best used to describe it. As Tsukune is not a corpse reanimated by an evil spirit.
Oh, I see. So Tsukune is more like a primitive vampire right now than a ghoul at this point?
Old 2009-09-25, 19:12   Link #10989
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Oh, I see. So Tsukune is more like a primitive vampire right now than a ghoul at this point?
Aye, that is it. But that's slowly changing as we all know Tsukune is gaining control over his vampire blood now.
Old 2009-09-25, 19:37   Link #10990
DeotoxSlayer

Peopel are talking about the third Dark Lord but who are the first two again?
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 19:44   Link #10991
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Peopel are talking about the third Dark Lord but who are the first two again?
The School's Director aka the Exorcist, and the Bus Driver, although the bus driver is mere speculation since all we really had to go by is his glowing eyes are the same as the director.
Old 2009-09-25, 19:55   Link #10992
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Whoa.. we're.. actually.. ON TOPIC!? *gasp*

Quote:
Aye, that is it. But that's slowly changing as we all know Tsukune is gaining control over his vampire blood now.
Well, so long as the Holy Lock remains intact, he will remain semi-human. But if the lock is ever broken, he'll go berserk again.

Quote:
The School's Director aka the Exorcist, and the Bus Driver, although the bus driver is mere speculation since all we really had to go by is his glowing eyes are the same as the director.
Plus the guy is on top of everything and knows all about Tsukune.
Old 2009-09-25, 20:03   Link #10993
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Whoa.. we're.. actually.. ON TOPIC!? *gasp*

Well, so long as the Holy Lock remains intact, he will remain semi-human. But if the lock is ever broken, he'll go berserk again.

Plus the guy is on top of everything and knows all about Tsukune.
Well we won't know for sure really. If Tsukune learns to fully control his vampire side, the lock won't be necessary. Look at Hokuto he's just fine without the lock now.
Old 2009-09-25, 20:51   Link #10994
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
The various speculations of who is what can get quite into a bit of mind twisting indeed.

Some say the Bus Driver is a dark lord who's hobby is driving a bus, and would also help to illustrate the close relationship he has with the Exorcist whom is also thought to be a dark lord. Interesting kind of community service for those two, dont you think?

For all we know the third could be daddy Starbucks or even be someone else. I'll be rooting for it to be Moka's mother, because though daddy may be powerful, he may not like the idea of trying to integrate with humans, but mommy Starbucks on the other hand might like that idea.

If memory serves, it was hinted that Moka's mother was the one who made the rosary and probably sealed Moka during the time she went to seek out her mother.

Spoiler for R+V 2 Reference:

So it could be that one of the 3 lords resides in the human world as well.

Last edited by GrrDraxin; 2009-09-25 at 21:03.
GrrDraxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 20:57   Link #10995
Johnny
Working the bags...

Kind of surprise neither has visited the school. I can understand maybe papa Starbucks not visiting, but figured her mother would have graced a chapter. Like when the other mother's attended the festival...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 21:03   Link #10996
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Moka's mother is currently somewhere in the human world, I doubt she could get to Youkai Academy right now even if she wanted to. Moka doesn't even know where she is.
Old 2009-09-25, 21:18   Link #10997
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
So from your given fact, a zombie is a gourmet version of a ghoul who craves only for brains?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 21:20   Link #10998
Johnny
Working the bags...

I thought she was staying with her mother before entering Youkai Academy...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 21:24   Link #10999
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Well we won't know for sure really. If Tsukune learns to fully control his vampire side, the lock won't be necessary. Look at Hokuto he's just fine without the lock now.
*shrugs*

Who knows.. it may not even be addressed at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Kind of surprise neither has visited the school. I can understand maybe papa Starbucks not visiting, but figured her mother would have graced a chapter. Like when the other mother's attended the festival...
Oh man.. I really hope we meet Moka's mother. That would be awesome. It be good to see her be the opposite of the Mizore & Kurumu's.. a normal parent. Well.. as normal as a monster can be. haha.
Old 2009-09-25, 21:28   Link #11000
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
So from your given fact, a zombie is a gourmet version of a ghoul who craves only for brains?
what? where did this come from?

Fact A: Zombies hasn't shown up in R+V yet, so we don't know which zombie legend he would use.

Fact B: Only in cheesy zombie movies from ages ago have zombies eating only brains.

Fact C: I never mentioned a zombie, or anything close.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire