AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-23, 00:37   Link #3021
Frontier

So the movie is a compilation film of sorts? Or takes place during the journey from Iscandar and back but focusing on new elements ?

I'd like to see the scene of Kodai and Yuki taking that photo together be animated .
Old 2014-03-23, 01:54   Link #3022
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They keep saying it will be new, but take place in 2199.
Old 2014-03-30, 02:11   Link #3023
GundamFan0083

Zenseava has a neat article about the Pre-2199 events.

http://lighthousezen.seesaa.net/
Old 2014-04-03, 05:41   Link #3024
macdawson

New model box art. First the upcoming Garmillas set 4:

Also, for the new 2199 Mecha Collection kits 1 and 2. These are just production images of the ships, not new art, but still cool. Next in line will be the Destoria and the Lambea, followed by the Deusler II Dreadnaught.

Old 2014-04-03, 11:51   Link #3025
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Nice looking fleet. Even have a few carriers in the background.

Shame if something were to happen to it....
Old 2014-04-03, 17:51   Link #3026
macdawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Nice looking fleet. Even have a few carriers in the background.

Shame if something were to happen to it....
Come on! It's not as if someone would blow up the entire planet... Oh, sh*t!!!
Old 2014-04-05, 18:42   Link #3027
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Finally got around to finishing this series. Truly amazing, top notch, and thoroughly enjoyable. I sincerely wish there were more anime like these. I'm not going to say it's the perfect story, but it was a space drama with epic battles and great characters... What more can you want?

I got really choked up when Yuki died. I knew she would come back somehow, but the raw emotions played out in that scene were very overpowering. The fact that it was Kodai's brother who could pull off that miracle for him made it all the more special. Fitting, too, that Okita eventually becomes the engine for the system. He truly was the heart of the crew (and a damn badass). Even though I thought the climax on Gamilas and Iscandar was a bit rushed, this ending was so perfect it made up for it, big time.

Is there a likely sequel, or just speculation? I know the movie is coming, but that's mostly just a retelling of this series.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 01:05   Link #3028
Frontier

Considering how popular Yamato is, and that I think the series was very well received, I'd be shocked if there wasn't a continuation to 2199 after the movie .
Old 2014-04-06, 08:21   Link #3029
macdawson

At this point we still don't know what the movie will be. All we know is it takes place in 2199 and its new, not a retelling of the series. Which leaves a lot of options open. From stuff that took place during the show but we didn't see, flashbacks to the start of the conflict, and events taking place after the journey is over. After all, the Yamato returned on December 8 so there are still 23 days left 'till the end of 2199. XDDD
Old 2014-04-06, 12:01   Link #3030
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There is always the trip home as well. There were several months to get from Iscandar to Balan, plus the months getting to Earth after that.

But if they are trying to prepare for a second series, they would focus on the conflict between Gamilas and the Comet Empire. It would give them money for ship model assets and character models. And get the non-Earth characters into positions for the next series.

Having Okita tell the story of the war is also possible.
Old 2014-04-06, 15:25   Link #3031
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

My review of Megahouse Melda Ditz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcfRQVQJAh4
Old 2014-04-10, 13:10   Link #3032
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The fact that Megahouse is coming out with a 17cm long version of Domel's battleship and that Bandai is making a Micro-model for Dessler's big battleship is great for gamers and people with less income, as 1/000 versions of both those giants will be expensive. (I'll probably get the 1/1000 versions just to get them even though I've not get any others at this point).

For gaming, most use 1 inch hexes, but I've been using 3 inch hexes for a few years now and not only does it allow for multiple ships to occupy the hex, it allows us to use somewhat larger model kits from time to time it show off larger ships that aren't in the regular miniatures line. Most aren't that much larger and their stand can mostly fit in a 1 inch hex, but the 3 inch hex allows for more without the model seeming too out of place.

That said, the six or seven inch long battleships will still look huge in a game where the regular battleships are around 3 inches long, and the destroyers are sometimes slightly shorter than an inch long.
Old 2014-04-17, 17:46   Link #3033
macdawson

A new artbook is coming, this time based on the works of Naoyuki Katoh. 80 pages long and with June 30th as the release date.
Here's the link to MAG Garden's page on the new book, with a few samples of what will be inside.

http://www.mag-garden.co.jp/yamato2199books/main-9.html

The front cover art:

Old 2014-04-21, 09:34   Link #3034
macdawson

So, news about the 2199 movies are starting to surface. And no, that's not a typo. Movies. Plural. Lets explain.

The first movie is a compilation movie, an abridged version of the series, much like it was done for the original, and will be titled "Voyage of Recollection" and will arrive on theatres on October 11th.

The second one, the movie that was announced a few months ago and is a new story, will arrive on December 6th and titled "The Ark of the Stars".

As for further details on the story... nothing yet. Still, this is quite a development and now we have exact dates to look forward to.

http://yamatocrew.jp/crew/info/140421-3

Last edited by macdawson; 2014-04-21 at 09:49.
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 09:42   Link #3035
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Dang, no new info on the actually new movie. But judging from its title, it's probably a story that takes place during the 2199 series.

Unless it's a movie that takes place after they return to Earth and before the attack of the White Comet Empire. (assuming they really are going to get to that) For which I will bob up and down and squeal like a fangirl.
Old 2014-04-21, 13:52   Link #3036
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Also they've replaced the large display model they've been running around with since I suppose the Resurrection movie in 2009 with a new 1/100 scale model of the Yamato from 2199.

"The Ark of the Stars" sounds like either a piece about the Izumo Plan, or another take on what Gatlantis is suppose to be. Though it could be something entirely different. A ship Yamato encounters on they way home perhaps. Or something that left Earth after Yamato did that Yamato has to find to bring back to a restored Earth during the last month of the year.
Old 2014-04-28, 16:52   Link #3037
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There should be a trailer of some sort coming out later in May for these movies.
Old 2014-05-02, 09:04   Link #3038
kimpleng
Lurker

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
kimpleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 03:51   Link #3039
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

With various Gamilas flagships now up for preorder from HLJ and AmiAmi, I have a few questions that some of you might have information on.

One: Since all three ships come out in July, will these companies combine orders for a single shipping cost?

Two: How much is the shipping cost to North America for a large model kit and two smaller ones? Large as in Dommel's flagship in 1/1000 scale, and small as in the same ship from Megahouse and Dessler's flagship from Bandai's Mecha Collection (small boxes).

Three: which company has better shipping rates? AmiAmi currently has a better pre-order sale price than HLJ, but I don't have shipping cost data for either really.

Either way, the three ships will cost over $120 easily. I'm just hoping its not something silly like $60 in shipping for them all.
Old 2014-05-04, 04:19   Link #3040
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
With various Gamilas flagships now up for preorder from HLJ and AmiAmi, I have a few questions that some of you might have information on.

One: Since all three ships come out in July, will these companies combine orders for a single shipping cost?

Two: How much is the shipping cost to North America for a large model kit and two smaller ones? Large as in Dommel's flagship in 1/1000 scale, and small as in the same ship from Megahouse and Dessler's flagship from Bandai's Mecha Collection (small boxes).

Three: which company has better shipping rates? AmiAmi currently has a better pre-order sale price than HLJ, but I don't have shipping cost data for either really.

Either way, the three ships will cost over $120 easily. I'm just hoping its not something silly like $60 in shipping for them all.
I know HLJ has a system where they keep anything you want in storage until you're ready to ship it out in a single order. It's actually a quite nice system.

As for prices I can't really say but I believe they tell you the cost during checkout based on delivery method chosen and weight so you can just add stuff to cart and do the checkout steps without confirming to see the cost.

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato