AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-17, 15:49   Link #2401
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

They realize most of the people are fine with shepard dying in the endings. its the rest of the ending that pisses people off.
Old 2012-03-17, 15:54   Link #2402
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I, for one, hope they do.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 16:09   Link #2403
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
ME3 is 15+, so they should stop pretending we are preschoolers.
In an EB Games a few weeks ago I saw a couple of third-graders drooling over the Mass Effect 3 preorder boxes.

That is their intended audience. Not us.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 16:29   Link #2404
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
If they "cared deeply" they never would have sold out to EA.

*facedesk*

*facedesk*

Edit: I just love the "don't change the ending, it'll set a terrible precedent!" people. Do they not remember Broken Steel? FO3's ending was garbage, and Bethesda fixed it. The world hasn't ended as a result.
Old 2012-03-17, 16:36   Link #2405
EagleBlue

Just a couple of questions, how good is the MP and how many in AS play ME3 on the PC?
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 17:06   Link #2406
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBlue View Post
Just a couple of questions, how good is the MP and how many in AS play ME3 on the PC?
It's horde mode co-op. It's incredibly dull. I played it a bit in the demo, but I refuse to play it at all in the retail version. I'm already pissed off beyond belief that they would waste resources that could have made the single-player game better on a stupid POS multiplayer that's already dying.

People don't play it because it's fun. They play it so they can get 100% readiness in the single-player and then beat the game. Once they do that, then they ignore it from then on.

Hell I didn't even bother. I just modified coalesced.bin to give me enough war assets to exceed 5000 EMS rating with no multiplayer at all. I haven't even registered my online pass (and I probably never will).
Old 2012-03-17, 17:48   Link #2407
EagleBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
It's horde mode co-op. It's incredibly dull. I played it a bit in the demo, but I refuse to play it at all in the retail version. I'm already pissed off beyond belief that they would waste resources that could have made the single-player game better on a stupid POS multiplayer that's already dying.

People don't play it because it's fun. They play it so they can get 100% readiness in the single-player and then beat the game. Once they do that, then they ignore it from then on.

Hell I didn't even bother. I just modified coalesced.bin to give me enough war assets to exceed 5000 EMS rating with no multiplayer at all. I haven't even registered my online pass (and I probably never will).
That's a shame. I thought there was more to it than just that. I was hoping it was good enough, I'm looking for a good MP game.
Old 2012-03-17, 18:23   Link #2408
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
If they "cared deeply" they never would have sold out to EA.

*facedesk*

*facedesk*

Edit: I just love the "don't change the ending, it'll set a terrible precedent!" people. Do they not remember Broken Steel? FO3's ending was garbage, and Bethesda fixed it. The world hasn't ended as a result.
Problem is it is very expensive to launch advertising campaigns and mass production. Most devs are having to go to one of the big publishers, such as Ubisoft, Activision, EA, THQ, etc. Just sucks that these big publishers are getting so money hungry they are hurting gaming such as pushing for yearly releases, demanding multiplayer in everything, etc.

As a renter, it is really depressing, as companies are moving to completely destroy it. I find most games are not worthy of a buy, and likewise, my budget for gaming is not large. Instead of buying two games a year, I can rent from my local place for $6 for 5 nights. I almost never touch a game I play again after the first time, and renting is perfect for me. Then came the online passes. At first they had trials, so I could see if I enjoyed the online or not. Now those are gone.

With rumors that the next gen consoles will have anti-used game software that forces you to buy a key, looks like I may just have to jump out of gaming. Too expensive for me. I envy the days of childhood when parents bought things.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 18:24   Link #2409
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:

Stop bashing it so much, all the maps and characters are already in the game. theres no extra resources used on them except the mechanics, and people do play it for fun. I know I do, I play as my Krogan warrior and kick ass.
Old 2012-03-17, 19:24   Link #2410
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Hmm, well I'm more upset about the multiplayer have a very real relevance to your success in the single campaign. Did everything, my chances were low but measurable because my galactic readiness was sitting at the default 50%.

My sheploo will always die because I can't access multiplayer, more or less.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 19:48   Link #2411
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
Hmm, well I'm more upset about the multiplayer have a very real relevance to your success in the single campaign. Did everything, my chances were low but measurable because my galactic readiness was sitting at the default 50%.

My sheploo will always die because I can't access multiplayer, more or less.
Just do what synaesthetic does and edit the coalesced.bin to give yourself 5000+ EMS.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 20:16   Link #2412
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Just do what synaesthetic does and edit the coalesced.bin to give yourself 5000+ EMS.
PS3. Not going to crack or mod.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 20:21   Link #2413
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Interesting, so this... laughing as me and a couple of the guys here did just now as we got pinned between a horde of banshees and brutes, managing to extract just in time and going back into the lobby with huge grins was... not having fun?

You don't like the multiplayer. Cool. Others do.

I do agree that the galactic readiness should be patched out stat though. I do like my multiplayer to be optional in singleplayer games, thankyouverymuch.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 20:38   Link #2414
EagleBlue

I may have judged it too quickly. The MP sounds interesting since I never played Gears of War. Which is better for MP, PC or PS3?
Old 2012-03-17, 20:44   Link #2415
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBlue View Post
I may have judged it too quickly. The MP sounds interesting since I never played Gears of War. Which is better for MP, PC or PS3?
Since its not PVP, either one. I only get FPS's for the PC tho, because aiming is loads better.
Old 2012-03-17, 20:44   Link #2416
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Interesting, so this... laughing as me and a couple of the guys here did just now as we got pinned between a horde of banshees and brutes, managing to extract just in time and going back into the lobby with huge grins was... not having fun?

You don't like the multiplayer. Cool. Others do.

I do agree that the galactic readiness should be patched out stat though. I do like my multiplayer to be optional in singleplayer games, thankyouverymuch.
You're part of the problem. You're giving tacit approval to the shit EA pulled with this game.

This is why we can't have nice things. No matter how many people get pissed, it's not enough, and those who don't care are pointed to as examples of why things don't need to be changed.

The MP is boring and I don't like it, but hey that's not why I'm furious with EA. I'm mad because those resources could have been used to make a better ME3. Maybe one with an actual fucking ending.

Edit: I'll go ahead and preempt the inevitable bullshit and just say had I known the crap they would have pulled before I bought the game (I was trying to avoid news so to avoid spoilers, look how well that worked) I never would have bought it. As it is I'm unlikely to ever give EA money again, ever.
Old 2012-03-17, 20:48   Link #2417
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
What resources? ME3 MP is basically made out of bits and pieces from the singleplayer portion.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 20:49   Link #2418
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
What resources? ME3 MP is basically made out of bits and pieces from the singleplayer portion.
Doesn't make it free or take no time to put together. Netcode is complex and annoying to write.

Maybe you're right. Maybe Blue God Kid magically poofed the multiplayer into existence.
Old 2012-03-17, 20:55   Link #2419
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Doesn't make it free or take no time to put together. Netcode is complex and annoying to write.
That's different though, I thought you were talking about creative input like story and design because you were saying maybe the ending would've been better.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 20:57   Link #2420
Xion Valkyrie

Well, they'd definitely need to set aside resources and development time to make the multiplayer. These things are never 'cost free'.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, games, mass