AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-14, 09:11   Link #1501
JW1

Shana by the skin of her teeth!
Old 2012-10-14, 09:14   Link #1502
Hachiko
The Akita

Spoiler for Last 4 IN!:

We already have a preview for the Group H final...
Old 2012-10-14, 09:40   Link #1503
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

G2
1st 383 Ako Atarashi @ Saki
2nd 211 Tsukihi Araragi @ Ghostory

H1
1st 291 Shana @ Shakugan No Shana
2nd 287 Airi Kashii @ Ro-Kyu-Bu!

Pick- N/A
Prediction- Koromo

Last edited by Ichuki; 2012-10-14 at 11:59.
Old 2012-10-14, 09:55   Link #1504
Hachiko
The Akita

Spoiler for Video:

Time for a couple of old vets to meet tomorrow.
Old 2012-10-14, 10:02   Link #1505
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And so Saki get 3 guarenteed spots in the final 8.

A Guess...
Saki

sidenote: Only Team Saki still has multiple members still in the tournament. All of the remaining series are down to just one character left.
Old 2012-10-14, 10:12   Link #1506
Hachiko
The Akita

Group Finals Odds now posted.
Old 2012-10-14, 10:14   Link #1507
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
H1
1st 291 Shana @ Shakugan No Shana
2nd 287 Airi Kashii @ Ro-Kyu-Bu!
Damn. Almost sniped Shana. Almost
Old 2012-10-14, 10:46   Link #1508
Team Rocket Elite

Unsurprisingly, Ako has no problems at all taking out Tsukihi. She does a bit better than Nodoka did on Hitagi was is roughly what I expected. A Ro-kyu-bu nearly pulls off another upset. I guess it's pretty late now but I should have been giving their characters more credit a lot sooner. I wonder how well Tomoka would have done against Koromo if she got past Miki. In any case, Shana just barely squeaks by Airi to keep the dream alive for just a bit longer.
Old 2012-10-14, 11:09   Link #1509
AP24

9 out of 16 group finalists are Saki characters with at least 3 of the top 8 are guaranteed to be from Saki. The Saki characters that are against the ones from other series are quite evenly matched with them so it's possible that they would lose.

Rie Kugimiya and Yui Ogura are the only ones with 2 characters. Shana and Louise are giving their best since this is their final year, it will be great if they both make to the top 8.
Old 2012-10-14, 11:38   Link #1510
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Picks: 0-2 (9-7, 79-65)
Predictions: 2-0 (12-4, 105-39)

Airi should be pleased with her performance. She came up short.

Pick: Koromo
Predictions: Koromo

I know Saki's higher on the popularity chart, but the bunny-eared one has a better track record in Saimoe. I really hope she takes care of Saki.
Old 2012-10-14, 12:05   Link #1511
RJ TAYLER

Well if you go by 'the jockeys' then Koromo has 'the form' towards the business end of the tourney, however never write off a titular character in any way, shape or form. I look forward to a classic encounter.

A note, it is wonderful of the organizers to throw a BBQ just before we tuck into the first of a three course banquet of major finals. We should all chip in and give them something in return.

A shout today to Shana a thanks for 'Keeping The Dream Alive' in your "Testimonial Year". A well done to Ako for a splendid opening bout today as well. Three of eight already and the blocks have not fallen into place yet. This WILL take some beating in the years to come I can foresee.
Old 2012-10-14, 12:24   Link #1512
timbits
Harem Lead

and as we finish round 3, 9 of 16 characters remaining are saki girls, and if the sakis don't lose to anyone who's not in saki, 6 of 8 quarter finalists will be sakis. I think I speak for everyone when I say: HOW HORRIFYING. The messiah Akari~n is the only one that can save us now, see ya in the quarter finals, main character.
Old 2012-10-14, 12:34   Link #1513
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbits View Post
and as we finish round 3, 9 of 16 characters remaining are saki girls, and if the sakis don't lose to anyone who's not in saki, 6 of 8 quarter finalists will be sakis. I think I speak for everyone when I say: HOW HORRIFYING. The messiah Akari~n is the only one that can save us now, see ya in the quarter finals, main character.
6/8 girls are Saki sounds more horrifying than last year where Madoka over dominated...at least B and C have the lowest chance of a Saki girl advancing though.
Old 2012-10-14, 13:05   Link #1514
seemmeriast

Bold = Picks; Underlined = Predictions

A - Saki / Koromo
B - Toki / Akarin
C - Hisa / Yayoi
D - Hinata / Louise
E - Sanya / Yuu
F - Subara / Kuro
G - Nodoka / Ako
H - Shana / Sena

Note that this is the first time since Nanoha vs Vita in 2007 when a series can claim a block one round early. And it's not only one, but THREE.
Old 2012-10-14, 14:03   Link #1515
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbits View Post
It's not that horrifying as I actually like most of them. Saki and Nodotits excluded.
On that note: Go Koromo and Ako!
Old 2012-10-14, 19:02   Link #1516
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

People just dislike the whole franchise because it has 9/16 in the group finals but forget that some of the characters are actually likeable.

The main gripe that you should have is that a character who did nothing at all in the anime that counts might knock out someone else because the saki fanbase is retarded. Surprisingly that only goes for Saki, Koromo and Hisa and one of them will actually get knocked out.
Old 2012-10-14, 19:09   Link #1517
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
People just dislike the whole franchise because it has 9/16 in the group finals but forget that some of the characters are actually likeable.

The main gripe that you should have is that a character who did nothing at all in the anime that counts might knock out someone else because the saki fanbase is retarded. Surprisingly that only goes for Saki, Koromo and Hisa and one of them will actually get knocked out.
What does it matter if they didn't do much in Achiga-hen if they were central characters in the original Saki anime? So there's nothing "retarded" about the Saki fanbase continuing to value them highly.

They may have qualified for J-SaiMoe on the basis of Achiga-hen, but their value as characters obviously goes way beyond what we see in Achiga-hen alone. Saki fans aren't going to discount the original anime just because Achiga-hen is what put these characters into the tournament.
Old 2012-10-14, 19:49   Link #1518
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
What does it matter if they didn't do much in Achiga-hen if they were central characters in the original Saki anime? So there's nothing "retarded" about the Saki fanbase continuing to value them highly.

They may have qualified for J-SaiMoe on the basis of Achiga-hen, but their value as characters obviously goes way beyond what we see in Achiga-hen alone. Saki fans aren't going to discount the original anime just because Achiga-hen is what put these characters into the tournament.
I agree with that but the issue is that might make saimoe end up a popularity contest between Saki characters and makes the if you're not Saki you are not allowed to win even if your series is very popular feeling in a way. I also think its retarded because the Saki fanbase actually spammed 20+ minor characters that literally didn't do anything.
Old 2012-10-14, 20:00   Link #1519
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
I agree with that but the issue is that might make saimoe end up a popularity contest between Saki characters and makes the if you're not Saki you are not allowed to win even if your series is very popular feeling in a way. I also think its retarded because the Saki fanbase actually spammed 20+ minor characters that literally didn't do anything.
Well, the character-spamming was a bit much, yeah.

But ultimately, it wasn't that important. All of the Saki characters now left are major characters in the original anime or in Achiga-hen or in both. The coattail-riders are all gone now, and even as a big Saki fan I'm glad about that.
Old 2012-10-14, 20:26   Link #1520
Hachiko
The Akita

This one-series domination is a probably going to be the reason why there will be a backlash when next year's ISML Preliminaries take place, but we'll have to wait and see.

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament