Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-18, 17:48   Link #361
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Actually, this is a feasible idea (and something I would kind of expect Oda to do), but Bon Clay will not be joining the crew for the simple reason that he doesn't really have a dream (not the grandeois dreams that the rest of the crew have). He would be better off joining Iva and the Okama gang fighting the WG for Dragon.

Additionally, the next (final) member of the crew will probably be someone that has knowledge of the New World. Right now, the Strawhat crew is flying blind when it comes to the Nw World, and if they should hope to succeed there, then they need a native guide to help them (a native like Vivi or Robin, who hold a great deal of knowledge concerning the world of the Grand Line). Right now, besides Ace, there is really no one that the Strawhats are on friendly terms with that can help them in the New World, so they need to find someone either before they enter, or right after they enter.
So I'm guessing Shanks will join the crew His dream is for Luffy to become Pirate King XD

Franky takes many roles that people might be better at. Like his singing that Brooke took over XD He dances, he cries (like Chopper) and he is an idiot sometimes XD

It's sad that they didn't take Gammon with them. The crew would be full and he's pretty unique XD Being boxed son XD
Old 2009-04-18, 18:31   Link #362
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Actually, this is a feasible idea (and something I would kind of expect Oda to do), but Bon Clay will not be joining the crew for the simple reason that he doesn't really have a dream (not the grandeois dreams that the rest of the crew have). He would be better off joining Iva and the Okama gang fighting the WG for Dragon.

Additionally, the next (final) member of the crew will probably be someone that has knowledge of the New World. Right now, the Strawhat crew is flying blind when it comes to the Nw World, and if they should hope to succeed there, then they need a native guide to help them (a native like Vivi or Robin, who hold a great deal of knowledge concerning the world of the Grand Line). Right now, besides Ace, there is really no one that the Strawhats are on friendly terms with that can help them in the New World, so they need to find someone either before they enter, or right after they enter.
hmm, well its not like we know everything about Bon Clay, he may have dreams yet to be explained, and he may of sailed in the New World also. (unless am forgetting something hes said?)

its just the way Luffy and Bon Clay have been in recent chapters, growing closer and closer...i really can see Luffy asking him to join
Old 2009-04-18, 20:10   Link #363
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Here's a question that I am curious to know everyone's answer to.

In terms of the art style between One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach, which art style do you like best?

For me, it's One Piece hands down, followed by Naruto and then Bleach. As I've said before, Oda's designs are very eccentric (one can argue against this with his female designs though ) and because of that all of his characters really stand out and are differentiated very well from one another. If you were to shave everyone's head bald in One Piece, you would be able to tell who's who; whereas for Naruto and Bleach on the other hand, there will definitely be some confusion discerning who's who since a lot of the designs are very generic and similar to one another (a lot of characters have almost the exact same face).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
I like all three each has there own style but none are ugly.
Good. Nice topic to bring up, Blackbeard D. Kuma. Relieving the boredom. Now, seeing as I kind of didn't bother to read any of the other posts past Phen, I'll just put my own opinion on the art up.

My favourite art style is the One Piece art style, but the BEST style is the Bleach art from the first 200 chapters or so. Not trying to get on your nerves Phen, but recently, Kubo has downgraded the quality of his art SEVERELY.

I actually learned a lot of stuff about anatomy and how to draw from Kubo. In the first few chapters of Bleach, his art style as literal PERFECTION. He has REAL talent for drawing. Actually, the thing that attracted me to bleach was his art style.

Evidence of Kubo's apparent increasing loss of interest in his current manga series is the fact that he is rapidly beginning to draw like crap.

I'll use Matsumoto as an example.

She first appears in Chap 80 pg 22. Please go look.
Now read any recent chapter in the current 'war'. Let me suggest Ch 333. you could start from page 14.

I'm sure you were just like: WHOA!!!! What a difference!!! You'd never even think it was the same person drawing!!!

The second best is Naruto, and the third best is One Piece.

My second favourite is Naruto, and my third fav is Bleach's current style.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2009-04-18, 21:15   Link #364
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
. Not trying to get on your nerves Phen.
You're not getting on my nerves.
We all got different tastes for art, I don't see why anyone would get offended, especially on the internet.
Old 2009-04-18, 21:50   Link #365
Blackbeard D. Kuma

@holypanl - Interesting. You've compared all three art styles both objectively (what looks best) and subjectively (what you like best). If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that Bleach looks the best in terms of realism, right? If that's the case, I certainly can't argue with you there. In that aspect, One Piece is definitely a distant third place since its art style is clearly the least realistic, what with all of its over exaggerations and bizarre proportions in the drawings.
Old 2009-04-19, 01:51   Link #366
kimholm

But since One Piece is bizzare and wierd the character designes are often more colorful and really unique. Not saying that Naruto and Bleach not are unique, but One Piece wins the prize for most creativity in the designes.
Old 2009-04-19, 03:17   Link #367
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

One Piece has a better feel when I'm reading it IMO, it's like when I'm reading Lupin 3rd I get taken back to the days of reading the Groo comics and other crazy Mad Magazine strips.
Old 2009-04-19, 08:37   Link #368
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
You're not getting on my nerves.
We all got different tastes for art, I don't see why anyone would get offended, especially on the internet.
I assumed you'd crack down on me cos I was talkin down on Bleach.

I must also say that compared to the first 20 chapters of One Piece, Oda's carefulness has also decreased, although it's harder to detect since he kind of draws in an offhanded manner all the time, so...lol.

I like all three, seeing as each fits the story for which it was designed. You have to give the mangakas credit for knowing what would suit the storylines best, I guess.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2009-04-19, 09:43   Link #369
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Personally I like One Piece the most. Bleach has great character art, but the surroundings have a tendency devolve into flat open spaces whenever there is a fight, making the fights boring to read pretty quick. For a comic that centers around fighting, this is not such a good thing.

That leaves Naruto and One Piece, and while Naruto has good looking art of its own, One Piece's abstract body art has a higher attraction.
Old 2009-04-19, 13:16   Link #370
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashesatdusk View Post

What I'm curious about is how much time within OP has actually passed since the Kuma battle?
After Kuma paw powered the SH crew away, they bounce around in the sky for 3 days and 3 Nights, and I think a day has pass since Luffy landed on Amazon lily.IIRC
Old 2009-04-19, 18:23   Link #371
Ryuuchi
Totally not that guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
After Kuma paw powered the SH crew away, they bounce around in the sky for 3 days and 3 Nights, and I think a day has pass since Luffy landed on Amazon lily.IIRC
Yea...3 days after being catapulted by Kuma, then Luffy spent 2 days on Amazon Lilly then it took around 4 days to get to IP so I would say it's been 8 or 9 days since the battle with Kuma.
Old 2009-04-19, 21:08   Link #372
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post
Bon Clay is a possibility i think, he isnt stronger then Luffy, Zoro or Sanji.

whoever joins cant be stronger then any of them three really, it would upset the balance

edit, Bon Clay would be very good at gathering information or spying with his ability, and he can teach people to dance, job role sorted
Bon Clay can only use his fighting style while in his own form and no one else. That was how Sanji figured out how to defeat him.
Not to mention that they now already have two sword fighters in the crew. Does the crew really need two fighters that both fight using only their feet? Not to mention what duty would Bon Clay do as a member of the crew on a ship. It seems like every job needed has been filled.
Captain- Luffy
First Mate- Zoro
Navigator- Nami
Sharp Shooter- Usopp
Cook- Sanji
Shipwright- Franky
Archeologist/Scholar- Robin
Doctor- Chopper
Musician- Brook
What role in a crew is there left to be filled?
I really believe that even if the crew was to get another member. It seems more likely that it will be someone they meet on the other end of the Grand Line. Someone who will have some knowledge of how things are there. Robin always seemed to know the players on that side of the Grand Line. She seems to know of just about ever pirate and admiral, but as far as we know she's never been on the other side of the Grand Line. If she had she should of known how to get to the other end.

I still don't buy how people keep saying that Boa will join the crew. Basically, her personality hasn't changed at all. Only thing that is different now is that she's in love with Luffy. She's still kicking cute things out of her path. I honestly though that after she fell in love with him the baby seal and puppy would elicit a different reaction then the ones we had seen previously, but true to form she still kicked them away.
Not to mention that everything that she thinks of Luffy as sharing her feelings for him have been all misunderstandings.
Old 2009-04-19, 21:50   Link #373
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Boa's personality changed, and the more she spends time with Luffy, the more changes she will have. Also, if you look at that list, you will see there are only 2 females compared to 7 males. If Oda wants to preserve a 1/4 ratio, the next will be a male. But, I think it will be more interesting for that person to be a female.

But I think the next one being a mermaid has the better chance. I think the aquarium was made by keeping in mind such possibility. But, unfortunately, that won't be Camie.
Old 2009-04-20, 04:27   Link #374
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Camie is too weak, and too easy to capture XD

Hancock not only grew her feelings through missunderstanding, but also through her imagination and lack of confidance in this part - when she was imaging feeding him and he complamanting her XD
Old 2009-04-20, 05:58   Link #375
Vree

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
What role in a crew is there left to be filled?
Dancer? (I seem to remember Luffy mentioning that at some point but I may not remember correctly)

I firmly believe that while there are definite prerequisites for a SH crew member, there are also many way around the way those can be acquired. Brook, Franky or Robin are all examples of this. Just have the would-be display some sort of example of stupid bravery and comradeship and then slap some tragic backstory and a dream to it in the last minute. Following that logic Bon lay is definitely a possibility considering that he's alredy past part 1.
Old 2009-04-20, 07:06   Link #376
Wargumm1i
Hentai

There is a release this week but not the next one right?
Old 2009-04-20, 07:27   Link #377
d' airscapez
stranded in new york

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
There is a release this week but not the next one right?
Yups. It's on break for the author to collect data
Old 2009-04-20, 09:12   Link #378
syler321

so the author does each episodes per a week?
so that means he dosent even know yet how to continue the one piece saga right?

or he just likes to take a break,which is cool also...

and i still think bon clay or boa hanckock will be a cool adition to the straw hat crew,im not sure how nami will like another hot chick in the crew.
Old 2009-04-20, 11:14   Link #379
james0246

^Breaks are used not only for rest, but also to outline large portions of the story/write large portions of the story (That is why you will sometimes see little tags that say 'the Author is going on Break to "Gather Materials/Information"').
Old 2009-04-20, 11:55   Link #380
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by syler321 View Post
so that means he dosent even know yet how to continue the one piece saga right?
Knowing and preparing may not always go hand in hand. Imagine Water 7 and the drawings used in that arc. Oda may know the story beforehand, but in order to project those scenes to the story, he needs to gather materials, checking scene pictures, paintings, searching encyclopedias to look for names and other small bits that may not hit you the first time you see them. And even if he has all those bits, he still needs to make the selection to find the perfect match for him. So, it is not an easy process.
Closed Thread