AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-06, 12:07   Link #2101
Arkanis

Well, I hope Kuroneko won't make it to round 2, sinnce she's one of the biggest contenders for the crown.
Old 2011-09-06, 12:16   Link #2102
Sphire

Damn, Hakase's getting no love
Old 2011-09-06, 12:22   Link #2103
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanis View Post
Well, I hope Kuroneko won't make it to round 2, sinnce she's one of the biggest contenders for the crown.
I don't even think Kuroneko is going to be in round 2 because the strong horses are getting their ass kicked by weaker ones (Shana ;-; )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
Damn, Hakase's getting no love
I hope Nano can avenge her T_T
Old 2011-09-06, 12:36   Link #2104
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
1st, 120 votes, Yuuko
2nd, 73 votes, Shana
3rd, 38 votes, Syouko
Old 2011-09-06, 12:40   Link #2105
daze

incoming dazepasta

Kuroneko's Position in Saimoe
4 reasons why kuroneko is arguably in the best position to win saimoe at this point
1) oreimo/madoka are arguably the top tier this year
2) madoka's attracted most of the attention. especially with homura getting eliminated so early
3) much of the attention will continue to be on madoka's fab five while the oreimo faction mainly only has to worry about their kuroneko/kirino combo
4) she also has less competition than kirino
Old 2011-09-06, 12:48   Link #2106
Kyuu
=^^=

LoL. K-ON dropping like flies. Not even Higurashi or Lucky Star had it this bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overfunk
Meanwhile, Shana is the Cubs. Somehow still has a fanbase. And they still hope she'll win.
And she'll have to wait 100 Internet years in order to do it.
Old 2011-09-06, 12:52   Link #2107
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze View Post
incoming dazepasta

4 reasons why kuroneko is arguably in the best position to win saimoe at this point
2) madoka's attracted most of the attention. especially with homura getting eliminated so early
3) much of the attention will continue to be on madoka's fab five while the oreimo faction mainly only has to worry about their kuroneko/kirino combo
Wouldn't that also make Kuroneko one of the worst position to win Saimoe too? Since more higher tier the faction gets more anti-voters will pop up. Even if there's attention on the Madoka faction underground snipers are starting to pop up also I think Kuroneko has much competition as Kirino does because Milky Holmes faction proved that they are stronger than they seem like Hirano beating Bajeena for example.
Old 2011-09-06, 13:05   Link #2108
daze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
Wouldn't that also make Kuroneko one of the worst position to win Saimoe too? Since more higher tier the faction gets more anti-voters will pop up. Even if there's attention on the Madoka faction underground snipers are starting to pop up also I think Kuroneko has much competition as Kirino does because Milky Holmes faction proved that they are stronger than they seem like Hirano beating Bajeena for example.
Yes and no. The hope was (and continues to be) that Kuroneko can slide by subtly into her block finals after her matchup against who cares from Milky Holmes. People posting about the viability of Kuroneko probably doesn't do her any favors at this point and just makes her a bigger target.

But then again it's been pointed out that 95% of the people on these forums can't vote anyway.
Old 2011-09-06, 13:19   Link #2109
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc0716 View Post
Heh, both K-on girls are eliminated despite they have the combo, looks like they're really doomed on this year.
Ui's the only one with a shot at reaching Round 2. Ritsu and Sawako are as good as dead in their matches.

Spoiler for dom dom de dom, dom de dom de dom de do~om:

likely bads guesses:
F1- Best Imouto Ever (suck it, Kirino)
F5- Arashiko
F9- Yuuko
Old 2011-09-06, 13:25   Link #2110
broken270
Defying gravity

Honne got her win cleanly. Nice to see Minami and Haqua winning. Champion gun down...successful.
Old 2011-09-06, 13:28   Link #2111
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

You know... I'm surprised this hasn't been seen yet...

Spoiler for head + chalkboard:
Old 2011-09-06, 13:38   Link #2112
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post

I actually felt like that when Sui won lol and whoever said a big breasted girl will beat Shana is right so far lol

Last edited by Ichuki; 2011-09-06 at 15:03.
Old 2011-09-06, 13:59   Link #2113
christinemarie
Crazy One

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
Picks for 9/6/2011 (DFC duo vs K-ON's dynamic duo)
E4 Minami (I love the current Baka season, hopefully she can hold her own ground against a powerhouse Yui with some sweet backup from other factions.)
E8 No picks
E12 Haqua (Defending champion needs to let go as she's the sole remaining pick of mine last year in the top eight, and didn't expect she goes all the way and win it all. Mirror match?)
K-ON faction is almost eliminated with Yui and Azusa accepting defeat. DFC duo wins in a good fashion.

Result so far 26-25-9; only 7 picks of mine remains in JMOE with Homura Akemi, Mayushii, and Erio's Elimination. Victorica, Elsie, Ika Musume, Menma, and Char move on to the next round.

Picks for 9/7/2011 (Tale of the two best imoutos.)
F1 Mikan Yuuki (9th favorite pick, I'm hoping she won't get assassinated by any of her unknown adversaries.)
F5 Ui Hirasawa (The only K-ON character that I like to pick for this year, hope she can salvage some moe points at the road's end.)
F9 This is currently occupied by Shana. Yuuko will have trouble facing the mighty loli, only the more experienced Shouko can put a fight but she won't be enough to deal with her.
Old 2011-09-06, 14:53   Link #2114
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm still not liking these relatively low voting numbers. Good rounds are getting in the 800s total votes...that doesn't seem all that great.
Old 2011-09-06, 15:40   Link #2115
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post

That will be me tomorrow morning when I find out Shana was leading all along and it was just fake votes making it appear otherwise
Old 2011-09-06, 16:14   Link #2116
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Picks: 1-2 (34-26)
Predictions: 1-2 (45-15)

Well, I didn't expect Azunyan to go far (nor Yui), but this is pretty disappointing. Then again, K-ON was really disappointing in general this year. I guess this is what they mean by 'one and done'... or maybe should that be 'won and done'?

Picks: Mikan, Ui, Shana
Predictions: Mikan, Arashiko, Shana

Yesterday was Imouto Day. Today seems to also be an imouto-filled day.
Old 2011-09-06, 17:17   Link #2117
ion475
にこにこにー

Sigh...don't care about Gitah, but sigh...there goes Azu-nyan as well. The curse of returning champ continue...

With that, I went 1-2 (Total 40-20...back to 66.7% that I'm stuck at...). I actually like Petanko and Haqua, just didn't see them as strong enough. Guess not...there goes my two predicted Group E finalist (Erio and Azusa...)

Onto Group F, aka Mami's group to lose...

F-1: Mikan - The other two are weak, and Mikan is my favorite girl from TLR...
F-5: Ui - She'll break the K-On losing streak...Hakase gets no love while Arashiko is just not THAT good...
F-9: Yuuko - Sorry, Shana, this is one of my predicted assassination...

Quote:
incoming dazepasta

Ehh...Sheryl (Shellingford, from Milky Holmes) in Round 1, Kuroko in Round 2, Asuha in Round 3, then Aria in Round 4...(All projected, of course...), I wouldn't call Ruri-chan's in "best position" since it is a possibility that she'll lose in the first round...

Last edited by ion475; 2011-09-06 at 18:25.
Old 2011-09-06, 18:15   Link #2118
Kit-Tsukasa

Yuuko is trolling Shana That's all that needs to be said. Give her some love people...she's so lonely this year

and I love your sig daze

Saimoe 2011 (as of end of First Prelims): Waiting for main tournament bracket draw.
Old 2011-09-06, 19:27   Link #2119
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
0:infinity

WTF!?!?! is wrong with you Japanese otaku, you vote out the few interesting lolis and MILFs, and stick to stupid moeblobs and TSUN-consistently-forgetting-their-DERE-side lolis, you want to rival english/german/german emo kids Mercelida, Yami, and many many more... maybe you need some foreign!?! help

Yeah, for the comment some pages ago, really butt-heart fan here
Old 2011-09-06, 20:15   Link #2120
anisu

Spoiler for chart:

Isn't this cute. A little after 5:30, everyone's votes came to a complete halt except for the three leaders, who continued upward at a somewhat slower pace. I don't know what caused the stoppage, but I assume the tournament had technical difficulties. The fake voters must be using automated scripts to fake at a steady pace.

Tags
2011, saimoe, tournament