Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-18, 09:53   Link #2621
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
They were just too conservative full stop. Froggen never had blue all match...SK just went for CLG's blue over and over and got it. I get CLG only go for what they thought they can win, but they just held back all match and eventually Kevin just blitzed them on Gangplank. It was also evident Yellowpete really wanted Ezreal and that Yellowstar getting it left him off-par somewhat on Corki. And SK just had their way with turrets. CLG need to get assertive. I love Ocelote's Orianna for SK - also seems like a nice guy IRL too.
He didn't get blue because they had no oracle to clear their jungle, SK always knew when to be able to steal blue with full vision. As for playing too passive, I agree. This defensive, turtling "getting into lategame" playstyle won them many games over in South Korea but it may not work so well versus some European styles.

edit: gg, strong play by SK, that teamfight at baron was the obvious turning point. Bit disappointed by Froggen today, his skillshots too often didn't really hit.

Last edited by Waven; 2012-08-18 at 10:47.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 10:47   Link #2622
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Major kudos to SK. 2-0 over CLG. Even though CLG did great for the first 20 minutes in Match 2, SK just outfoxed them when it mattered. The fact CLG could only ever get Aranae and Nyph while Ocelote kept on living and bringing the pain for SK and Kevin mopping up. Still wondering why on earth CLG didn't ban Orianna. Ocelote is in the freaking zone on Orianna! SK respected Froggen and banned Anivia both matches as well as denying Yellowpete his fave Ezreal via pick and ban.

As for the final matches tomorrow, I am very interested to see which champs Moscow 5 will ban. Alex v Ocelote in mid is damn tantalising. Darien vs Kevin is another intriguing one. As for the final secure spot in the big events, CLG vs Fnaticrc. Since Fnaticrc took a game out of Moscow 5 today, CLG had better respect Fnaticrc and plan accordingly, or they will miss out in an event a lot of people expected them to win.
Old 2012-08-18, 12:46   Link #2623
Kafriel
Senior Guest

That was awesome So glad I came back today, it would suck to have missed this.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 13:22   Link #2624
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Guys, I just rediscovered Warwick for myself as a jungler. I've been trying out so many junglers, but in the end, I just prefer sure kills over anything else, even though his early early game is very weak. I'll try and play him top as well some day. I imagine he can farm pretty well because he easily heals the damage from harassments away with a few last hits.
Old 2012-08-18, 22:16   Link #2625
Cream

So happy for ocelote, when he started crying that was some insane emotion. I'm really happy with how SK played, beautiful. Clgeu didn't seem to underplay either.

These finals are going to be insane.
Old 2012-08-19, 06:00   Link #2626
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

CLG definitely redeemed themselves today and smashed Fnaticrc. Yellowpete went utterly ballistic in Game 2 on Ezreal. Helped that he had Gragas, Leona, Renekton and Cho'Gath in front of him So they get that final spot. The three teams expected to take them have.

Now for the finals...
Old 2012-08-19, 06:13   Link #2627
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Phew, glad clg.eu made it to the finals after all. As an European I want only the best teams to represent Europe and despite their defeat against SK I still think clg.eu are top2 EU considering their performance in the past months. Here's also hoping they can recover before the Azubu semi-final.

As for SK, if they manage to keep up their play from the past few days I'm more than happy to have them at the finals but before these regionals they've been kind of inconsistent.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 09:40   Link #2628
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well...that was a fizzle of a final. M5 made it look like SK weren't even there.

I don't get SK's bannings at all. What did banning Lee Sin and Shyvana achieve? Diamond as just as good on Udyr. That Karthus ban is just a wasted ban. Seriously, they should have focused on Gosu or Darien on bans and they might have affected some change. Aranae was always falling behind while Diamond would get oracles early and just map control for M5. Darien could fend off whatever and keep Kevin from farming like he normally was. Ocelote kind of held it against Alex but Alex was way more influential in team fights. Loved his Zyra in Game 1 and Game 2, Alex on Gragas - we all know how that turns out. Gosu getting Sona both matches - loved it, allowed Genju to harass the hell out of Yellowpete. Nyph was a sitting duck - could yhe at least have picked something other than Janna in Game 2? They were perma harassed bot, so why not get something with sustain?

I can't help but feel SK didn't plan properly. Diamond and Alex have too many characters they're good at to be affected by bans. But Gosu only plays Sona and Nunu in tournaments these days. So since M5 banned Nunu both matches, why not ban Sona and force Gosu into something less aggressive? Letting Darien go Shen in Game 1 was another slip up. Alex wasn't kidding when he said he hoped SK beat CLG. SK were easy pickings for M5.

Regardless, M5 are definitely the team in Europe right now. Interesting to see how they fare against TSM and CLG at the World Champs.
Old 2012-08-19, 10:06   Link #2629
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Feels spot on, SK got some really awesome games and some that just feel...meh. M5 are hard to hold back once they get the advantage.

CLG vs Fnatic: Epic baron bait by CLG, they just ate Fnatic's wards and built up enough minions to push top as they took baron and picked up 4 kills. 1-0

Note to self: try out that Kog Nunu combo sometime...

Rofl @ TONS OF DAMAGE signs behind Phreak and Deman. 2nd game was total stomp with opposite picks, CLG showed they got the power to adapt.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2012-08-19 at 11:53.
Old 2012-08-19, 15:36   Link #2630
Cream

Finals were boring, once again the highlight of the series was the semi finals. This happens too often lol.

Did anyone watch the tsm tournament? Wombat #1 (solo)caster of all time.
Old 2012-08-19, 17:55   Link #2631
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Letting Darien go Shen in Game 1 was another slip up.
Agreed I mean did they not see how bad letting M5 get Shen was for the previous round when Fnatic didn't ban him the 1st time?

Though the 2nd match I didn't see the bans because the stream derped for me for a bit, but Yorick failing on the blue golem at lvl1 cost them a LOT, the 2nd game would have been more even if he hadn't messed that up, imo.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 21:59   Link #2632
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

It hurt Kevin as much as it hurt Aranae. When Diamond was 5 and going nuts, Aranae was only 2 and having to not full clear a creep mob because Diamond was coming for him. It was a major stuff up. Moment I saw Kevin stuff up on blue, I knew that game was over.

I just think SK focusing bans on Diamond wasn't a good idea. Fnaticrc won their game when Diamond went Lee Sin and they made him go 2-9 that game. Either force Gosu to go a suport he doesn't like as much (if they're banning Nunu, it only takes 1 ban to take out Sona or just pick her in Game 2) or deny Darien what he likes to a point (Shen, Renekton, Xin Zhao) since M5 banned Yorick when they picked first. The lane switch-up worked for Yellowpete but it hurt Kevin big time.

Matches were insightful though. Definitely made me want to improve.
Old 2012-08-21, 03:56   Link #2633
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Tried free Diana today, very fun to play with. Took some time to learn to land that Q, but eventually it became an amazing harass tool and a good chaser. Built AP with WotA and void staff, her W deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak
tons of damage!
so the spellvamp from WotA is effective and the shield's not half bad either. Q->W->R->E->R(->Q) pulled me through most of the game, with occasional stalemates and an admittedly bad Kassadin dragging down the team.

From Rengar's spolight, he looks kinda like Volibear but even more OP, free dash from brush is huge and it wasn't touched on the small brush near drake/baron. Yet another detection ultimate for the skill list, time for banshee's veil to become even more popular
Old 2012-08-21, 10:07   Link #2634
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

>Volibear
>OP

ok.jpg

Anyway Rengar's jump ability looks fun. Definitely trying him out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
Did anyone watch the tsm tournament? Wombat #1 (solo)caster of all time.
He's not your usual caster for sure. I forgot who his co-caster was but they make a good combo.

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2012-08-21 at 10:25.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 17:12   Link #2635
Cream

Most likely kolbe, they're a really good duo.

I watched gmanbob play a game of rengar and hes really strong lol, afraid to do normals because i dont want to face one ;_;
Old 2012-08-21, 17:26   Link #2636
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
>Volibear
>OP

ok.jpg
Release Volibear was OP with that scaling on Frenzy , currently not so much .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 00:21   Link #2637
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

What is the deal with Rengar? I've seen him in 12 matches now and every time, the side with Rengar has been smashed. Seems rather weak.
Old 2012-08-23, 02:58   Link #2638
Kafriel
Senior Guest

He is innately a snowball champion, you need to get his tooth early game so as to stack it and gank/assist at least up to 6 till you start seeing the difference. The fact that deaths steal your trophies doesn't make it any better...and against a passive, cautious team that sticks to farming and jungling safely, your only chances to stack trophies are teamfights, but by then others will have at least farmed quite a bit ahead of you...and his presence isn't that great, he still gets hard countered by armor champs.

That said, he's very strong at the hands of a capable roamer, since ganking gets even easier with every kill.
Old 2012-08-23, 20:52   Link #2639
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I still don't see the point of Rengar. Every time in a team fight, I was the Rengar was Lee Sin, Udyr, Shyvana or whatever because I know they'd be more effective.
Old 2012-08-23, 22:23   Link #2640
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
I still don't see the point of Rengar. Every time in a team fight, I was the Rengar was Lee Sin, Udyr, Shyvana or whatever because I know they'd be more effective.
Snowball champion. His kit isn't effective in team fight, aside from fighting in jungle that give him an edge to approach the enemy's rear line, so just building him as tanky bruiser instead of the lame assassin build I keep seeing. Well, unless you are fed early.

I would take a roaming Alistar over Rengar any day.

Currently switching my role in to AD carry to have a feel about how they are playing. That's the only role that I've not touched ever since I've play LoL, and my team is saying I need to experience it for awhile before getting back to my main position . So far I've found Graves is my best champ at this role, and the next one is Ez. Any other recommend for this role? I'd prefer any champ that has escape/survival built-in skill (not Corki, I just hate that one ).

Tags
league of legends, lol