AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-04-27, 01:06   Link #21
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I'm fairly sure II has a way higher priority level compared to Ghost, so I'm a little optimistic. Not too much though... or I may just ended up dissapointed FFXII style.

Hopefully it'll be out after I get my old-defunct PC upgraded though...

Still, from the way it sounded, aside from graphical improvements (( naturally )) and several additional units left and right, there doesn't seem to be too much add-ons to the internal aspects of SC... Not that it's a bad thing though.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 05:37   Link #22
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Skeptical indeed! A kerrigan race? So what's t he difference between them and the regular good ol' zergies?
zergs are speed brut force type attackers, they are not very good at heavy skills. Whereas the new race is going to be a race that have skills of the 3 races, but their limits is just like a terran or a zerg; very small mana pool, look at the zerg kerrigan in SC if you want to know what I mean. That means the heavy offensive race is still the toss, the ninja race still zerg, the 2 that's going to be at the middle is still terran and the new race.

There was a bunch of rumors back at the last E3 about why they cancelled Ghost, but now I see why:
Spoiler:

Last edited by gummybear; 2007-04-27 at 05:57.
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 06:44   Link #23
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Been thinking about that. If they truly are making SC2 at the moment, I think they would incorporate elements of the story of the now defunct SC Ghost, since the latter game was supposed to take place after Brood War.

*hoping to see Nova in SC2*

After the initial shock of the report, I'm still hoping that it IS SC2, and not Diablo III (despite my love of every game Blizzard). May 19 seems like a very very long way away to waiting for a confirmation.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 14:15   Link #24
Spike420
AbaraiRenjis doppleganger

Well starcraft 2 D3....wichever one they wanna push out first ill be happy ^_^

I don't know about sc since i don't have it installed anymore but mad peaple still play d2
Spike420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 15:20   Link #25
Lebron
I hear voices

wonder how long it will take SC2 to ever hit retail shelves? Going by SC Ghost, I'm guessing, sometime in 2010 :P

Yup, I'm a party pooper.

*skips off*
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 16:16   Link #26
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
zergs are speed brut force type attackers, they are not very good at heavy skills. Whereas the new race is going to be a race that have skills of the 3 races, but their limits is just like a terran or a zerg; very small mana pool, look at the zerg kerrigan in SC if you want to know what I mean. That means the heavy offensive race is still the toss, the ninja race still zerg, the 2 that's going to be at the middle is still terran and the new race.
That's absolutely untrue. In fact, the zerg have some of the most evil casting abilities around. Carrier fleet? Plague! Oops, all carriers are irreperably reduced to 1 HP!

Darkswarm=lalalala can't hit my hydralisks!
Old 2007-04-27, 17:38   Link #27
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
That's absolutely untrue. In fact, the zerg have some of the most evil casting abilities around. Carrier fleet? Plague! Oops, all carriers are irreperably reduced to 1 HP!

Darkswarm=lalalala can't hit my hydralisks!
1) it takes X secounds to reduce a unit to 1 hp, where X = the hp of the unit. Besides, I do expect them to be dead anyway so I would of already got replacements on the way.
2) want to compare evil? try reaver harasement drops during pvp
3) carriers are for pvc and noob pvp, about anything can rape carriers or use single minded tactics like that.
4) darkswarm? say hi to clone inside the cloud to distract you while I sent in my dt or zlots for some anal punishments.
5) if you put 12 fully upgraded zealots (the first basic units) vs 12 fully upgraded hydra (the 2nd teched units), the zealots will come out on top hands down. Same results with the marines or firebats.

the only reason why I said zergs are ninjas is because they got speed on their side, if it wasn't for their fast unit making speed and/or travel. If I play 4v4 no rule and I am a zerg, count on me finishing at least 1 person in less than 5 minute into the game.

Quote:
hoping to see Nova in SC2
Spoiler for DROPING DA BOMB ON YA:
Old 2007-04-28, 02:40   Link #28
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
1) it takes X secounds to reduce a unit to 1 hp, where X = the hp of the unit. Besides, I do expect them to be dead anyway so I would of already got replacements on the way.
2) want to compare evil? try reaver harasement drops during pvp
3) carriers are for pvc and noob pvp, about anything can rape carriers or use single minded tactics like that.
4) darkswarm? say hi to clone inside the cloud to distract you while I sent in my dt or zlots for some anal punishments.
5) if you put 12 fully upgraded zealots (the first basic units) vs 12 fully upgraded hydra (the 2nd teched units), the zealots will come out on top hands down. Same results with the marines or firebats.

the only reason why I said zergs are ninjas is because they got speed on their side, if it wasn't for their fast unit making speed and/or travel. If I play 4v4 no rule and I am a zerg, count on me finishing at least 1 person in less than 5 minute into the game.

Spoiler for DROPING DA BOMB ON YA:
You have a carrier fleet, say 8. You just got hit with a plague.

4800/2000 down the drain right there. (Counting 8x int cost)

Reaver drop PVP? If the other guy is good, he'll have 2 photons defending the mineral line. It's stupidity to leave your workers undefended.

Yes, zergs are like undeads. They rush in, kill shit, and get out, and easily replace what they lost.

Nova as Kerrigan's sister? Oh god...cue more Raynor angst!
Old 2007-04-29, 05:37   Link #29
DieH@rd

Well, we will found out... in just 20 days.
DieH@rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 10:16   Link #30
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

in the meantime, you can always go watch some korean starcraft league match on the tube.

As happy as i m that blizzard is finally going to make SC2, it's still blizzard. Possibility of delays and cancellation is always there so, it's really not good for my health to get too excited over it yet
Old 2007-04-30, 12:34   Link #31
Scourge87
Dark Lord of the West

I've been waiting ever since I played StarCraft in Junior high(and in class too!) Now there's SC2! I feel whole again! This is the most perfect thing to come out with since SC: Ghost was halted. My god, let it bring joy to the world! HAHAHAHAHA!

Is there any screen shots yet?
Scourge87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 02:23   Link #32
Spike420
AbaraiRenjis doppleganger

Well if i ever learned anything from playing Lunar that theres alwase hope...and i hope theres no delays in SC2...well inless D3 is the reason...
Spike420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 10:29   Link #33
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

it's not going to be D3 for many reasons:

1) they only recently got the team that made SC back, the team that made D1 and D2 is the people that left Blizzard to form their own company, who are now the makers of GuildWar. Since they are producting GW2 atm, I highly doubt they will drop it and go back. The SC team did form their own company but then they crash and burned their company with some game that they tried to make to top off SC1.

2) if they do make D3, it would be self completing with another product that they are milking; WOW. Therefore, they will not kill their plans like that.

3) during the last E3, after the marketing guys decleared that D3 WILL NOT BE ON X360 EVEN IN THEIR DREAMS, the marketing said: "D3 isn't their next product within the timeframe of that system, there is a higher chance that you would see World of SC than D3."

4) for being the greedy bas**** that Blizzard turned into now, I think they would make another world of _______ just to get people to pay, instead of still using the free bnet for that purpose.

5) SC2 will make a good stepping stone to World of SC, DIPS ON THE NAME "The guy that dies first" as Firebat!

Old 2007-05-01, 10:42   Link #34
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
4) for being the greedy bas**** that Blizzard turned into now, I think they would make another world of _______ just to get people to pay, instead of still using the free bnet for that purpose.
It's the current trend of gaming industry at the moment. Lots of studios are and were doing MMORPGs development... for every one that gets released, there's 3 that goes belly up before beta testing. Can't really blame the MMO boom in the industry if you compare how profitable a MMO is compare to the usual games.

Anyway, i doubt Blizzard will make another MMO when WoW remains a viable cash cow for them. It'll be another few years down the track before they need to consider another replacement for WoW. Having 2 MMO that thrives on overlapping fanbase of your previous product is silly when the majority of the gamers will only subscribe to one at a time.
Old 2007-05-01, 15:29   Link #35
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

OMFG.. this is just too damn funny.
Took me a few minutes just to take in some air to be able to post.
That "They just stop peeing." is just too much. looolzzz *tears running from eyes*

-----------
Gummy, what was that game that you pointed to in 1) that the original SC team tried to make to top SC.
Old 2007-05-01, 17:09   Link #36
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Gummy, what was that game that you pointed to in 1) that the original SC team tried to make to top SC.
I was gonna ask the same thing. It does worry me, though, if the game was a failure.
Old 2007-05-01, 17:41   Link #37
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
admitdly i was an "addict" to some degree to WoW (though i have been cured) so i can relate to that...funny as i never had any trouble peeing...i guess i wasnt hardcore enough

well its about time that SC2 is in production ~ lets just hope that the chances for WoSC is -1 though :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 18:29   Link #38
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

No the joke is that World of Starcraft (as it's writen on the door in the first slide) will be then (2009) the end of peoples social life. And let's face it, starcraft had way more succes then Bliz's warcraft francise, it's inevitable. Besides, Starcraft 2, all it needs is the name and Made by Blizzard logo on it, and it might as well be wrapped in toilet paper.

I don't think it's even feasably posible for it to be bashed down, even if it's for say a worthless piece of crap. For the first month or so it's going to be over-rated and overpraised like hell.

I hope Blizz won't do what's being rumored, basicly a simple upgrade to 3D and 2-3 extra units. Dammit I want new everything. I know a lot of pro's out there would love this, but I know it's just going to be so damn boring after the first 50hours or so. If you look back now at starcraft some of the things are just too cheezy for todays world. Like the hippy motorbike dude or the vespane gas sprouting out of metal plates.. lets not even talk about the ginormous flat surfaced space stations, or the way the lurker attack looks and works, did I mention zergs tongue defence. And then there are just these graphics things like, burning terran buildings, like bunkers and such.

It's going to be intresting if they make it 3d, one of the things that was really intresting in a 3D starcraft would be the buildings. I mean let's not kid ourselvs who can imagine a 3D version of the protos stargate. Or how exactly that first level 2 building were you build observers is suppose to work. There's a little magic in the 2D ambiguity.
Old 2007-05-01, 22:26   Link #39
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Sorry, to tell you the truth, I only read the name of the game once in GamePro a long time ago, so I don't remember, but it was still using space theme.
SO SOWWIE!

Anyways, I think if they want to push out World of SC, it would be some time behind SC2 at one or two years. I think it's more real for SC2 to come out in 2009 and WoSC to be some time in 201X. WoW if the cash cow for now for them to milk, but like I said about how SE want to milk FFXIII for 10 years; dreams on! Cash cows are not infinite. WOW is at it's peak of prime right now, that means down hill slide will be next.

PSSHHHH, PEEING IS FOR THE WEAK! So is eating, sleeping and pooping!

Last edited by gummybear; 2007-05-01 at 22:36.
Old 2007-05-01, 22:36   Link #40
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Never knew Guardians / Devourers were considered 'fast and weak'. But then, I'm no pro SC player so yeah.
Carriers die if a mob of Hydras get in range. Add in a Defiler and it'll go even smoothly. And Carriers take forever to assemble, it's either BGH or the zerg really took his time.
And no SC MMO please. MMOs just suck the life (and cash) out of anyone playing them. More skill based games and less time-based games please Blizzard.
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows