AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-09-08, 21:04   Link #401
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
The action in the latest PV was amazing.
Ishihara: When we made the PV, I wanted to make it very thrilling. The whole concept was "The thrill of chuunibyou." (laughs) But to make sure the audience didn't get confused that it's an alternate world battle show, we made sure to show the characters over-acting and included a lot of gag scenes.
So that was indeed their intention for alternating the (imaginary) action and comedic scenes. I hope this clear things up for everyone.
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 00:57   Link #402
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz

Old 2012-09-09, 06:04   Link #403
Warm Mist

So after all this, is it already confirmed for 1cour? or is there no official info on that?
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 06:06   Link #404
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shergal View Post
So after all this, is it already confirmed for 1cour? or is there no official info on that?
Not confirmed but it seems to make sense, this is only doing the first LN plus original material isn't it? Also than gives KyoAni a break to reload for next Spring for whatever Kadokawa project.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 10:09   Link #405
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Are there any other points to look for in the anime?
Ishihara: There's some here and there. I can safely say this is a KyoAni work; after all, we published the original novels, didn't we? This time, however, we altered a lot from the novel. The novel fans who see the anime will think it's something different due to how much we changed. The end of the story has been completely changed.
Wonder whether Torako (the author) has anything to say regarding the matter.
What about you megax? Are you okay with how things were altered from the novel so far?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 10:23   Link #406
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Translation for this one is on the previous page. (minor spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Translation! (Minor spoiler at the end)
Newtype 2012/10!
"A chuunibyou style story that's a romantic comedy at heart." -Supervisor Tatsuya Ishihara

Yuuta Togashi: This former chuunibyou patent used to call himself the "Dark Flame Master" when he was in middle school. Once he entered high school, he sealed away his embarrassing past....

Rikka Takanashi: Underneath her eyepatch is a hidden power called the "Devilish Truth Stare"....or so this chuunibyou patient made up. Aparently she's waited eons to reunite with the Dark Flame Master.

(underneath images on left)
Once the Devilish Truth Stare is activated, reality drastically changes. We tried to portray that in the PV, with the cool imagery and music, and in this newly drawn illustration by showing everyone's comedic movements and facial expressions. "It's really changed!" But which form is real?! You might want to pay attention to the balance between reality and delusion in the show.

Arranging the original story in pursuit of something entertaining
This fall, Kyoto Animation's newest work, Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! has high expectations. The series desires to decisively portray "chuunibyou."

Supervisor Tatsuya Ishihara confesses "To be honest, I also suffered from the disease." How will he put that enthusiasm into this show?

"This story is targeting people who have been cured from chuunibyou. People who are infected now might prefer a cooler anime. (laughs) If someone mentions chuunibyou, it's typically seen in a negative light, but this story portrays it more entertainingly. With the battle elements in the PV we showed at Comiket, we tried to disguise it as an ordinary chuunibyou type show, but it's an enjoyable romantic comedy once you pull that layer away. We'd like everyone to see it, even people who'd reject it once they heard the word 'chuunibyou.'"

The heroine, Rikka Takanashi, is an infected chuunibyou patient. Strangely, her phrases and actions aren't painful to watch. They're more cute than anything.

"It may annoy people, but Rikka will act that way. Including Rikka, we have quite a cast of female characters: the dependable class rep Shinka Nibutani, the amazingly idiotic underclassman Dekomori, and the gentle Kumin-senpai. I think we also have quite an amazing cast assembled as well. Surely seiyuu fans would go "I know what you mean!" won't they? (laughs)"

Shinka Nibutani appeared in the novel, but Kumin Tsuyuri and Sanae Dekomori are anime original characters. The reason they were created was that there wouldn't be enough characters for a TV series. Similarly, the story has been arranged to have many new elements added.

"The amount of novel material we had was insufficient even though it was published via Kyoto Animation's KA Esuma label. In short, it feels more like an original series from our company. Because of that, we put so much effort into this series. 'Make it entertaining until the very last scene!' We put in every entertaining moment we could think of and arranged them together. The end is also different from the novels. We hope you enjoy watching it until the very end."

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 10:51   Link #407
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Apologies for double-posting. I felt the translations deserve their own post (plus it helps for linking).
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
What about you megax? Are you okay with how things were altered from the novel so far?
I would be lying if I said that I felt comfortable with how things are changed, but it doesn't bother me much. This is an anime adaptation, so it's adapting the story of the first novel into another form. Certainly there are elements/scenes I'd love to see animated (the comment about the end changing has bugged me more than anything), but I have faith in the staff and the characters. Rikka is pretty amazing.

Old 2012-09-09, 11:21   Link #408
_eternal
anthem core

Send a message via AIM to _eternal
This is looking good.

Maybe it's a bad comparison, but this whole idea of adapting a single LN volume into an anime and adding/moving material around is reminding me of Haruhi (especially if the first ep ends up being a parody featuring chuuni delusions).
Old 2012-09-09, 11:41   Link #409
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by _eternal View Post
This is looking good.

Maybe it's a bad comparison, but this whole idea of adapting a single LN volume into an anime and adding/moving material around is reminding me of Haruhi (especially if the first ep ends up being a parody featuring chuuni delusions).
i expect the anime to make parody about that cockroach battle on haruhi.

delusion: they use super strong energy ball to defeat giant six-legged space alien

real life: they just throw book at cockroach

or something like that

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 09:22   Link #410
rulfo

Like wow. KyoAni doing an anime original ending? JC Staff doing key adaptations?

Have the poles changed their polarity?
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 11:06   Link #411
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
Like wow. KyoAni doing an anime original ending? JC Staff doing key adaptations?

Have the poles changed their polarity?

It's 2012 man, brace for 12.21
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 19:19   Link #412
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I'm still confused about the show. Is chuunibyou a disease that makes people think they magical/special powers or something? So none of this crazy esper/magic stuff is actually real right?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 19:22   Link #413
OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I'm still confused about the show. Is chuunibyou a disease that makes people think they magical/special powers or something? So none of this crazy esper/magic stuff is actually real right?
They basically imagine their someone or something else like a kid. Think rentaro okabe from steins gate.
Old 2012-09-10, 19:26   Link #414
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Correct. It's all in their head, hence the "delusion vs reality" aspect Ishihara mentioned.

Old 2012-09-10, 20:09   Link #415
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Remember that embarassing moment of your life when you thought that you burdened the entire fate of the world over the shoulders? That you might be something like Kamen Rider, a time traveller, a monster hunter, or any fantasy or scifi staple character, or at least you wanted to be? That's what chunibyou is. We dealt with it in many manner (through video games tabletop pen and paper rpg or writing) but some of us never quite grew out of it.
Old 2012-09-10, 21:27   Link #416
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

^

Is this ripping off Haruhi in some ways?
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 22:06   Link #417
Warm Mist

Well, Haruhi could be interpreted partly as a parody/take on chuunibyou mentality, though I don't know how old the term is and if it existed in 2003.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 02:33   Link #418
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Haruhi is essentially a chuunibyou character, yeah. Difference is that her delusions are real.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 02:44   Link #419
Westlo
Lets be reality

New PV, done in a normal style, has what is probably the OP song.

Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 03:08   Link #420
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I quite like the song, but I was sort of hoping they'd have a vocal version of the first PV's song for the OP. Something completely non-indicative, you know.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen