AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2007-07-07, 09:35   Link #201
Hitmanblaise

is there a way to fansub w/o knowing japanese

i have thought of one idea that probably wont work which is get the script of the episode and translate it to english and and get the timing right even if this could work where could i get the scripts. any one can tell me if this will work end if it does what resources will i need to do or, just any better ideas
Hitmanblaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 10:03   Link #202
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmanblaise View Post
i have thought of one idea that probably wont work which is get the script of the episode and translate it to english and and get the timing right even if this could work where could i get the scripts. any one can tell me if this will work end if it does what resources will i need to do or, just any better ideas
It's difficult to say because your post doesn't make much sense.

The post title "is there a way to fansub w/o knowing japanese" doens't match what you post "get the script of the episode and translate it to english". If you don't know Japanese then how are you going to translate the script to English?

I suspect what you are asking is if you can time the episode even if you know no Japanese, to which the answer is "yes, you can". But I'm only guessing that's the question you want answered.

Are you aware that finding someone to translate (or finding the translation) is the most difficult (in terms of resource). Plus, when you talk about "scripts", do you mean in English or Japanese?
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 12:02   Link #203
Hitmanblaise

well i found a website that translate languages like french and japanese and so i was going to use that.Sorry for being unclear i had to do something when i was typing the post and left my comp for few min. what i was trying to say is that if my idea works where would i get what i need and if in anyone had better ideas that would help in my situation
Old 2007-07-07, 12:25   Link #204
chaos4ever
Retired
*Fansubber

Online language translators are notorious for spitting back next to incoherent translations, especially for long sentences; and the inability to grasp idiomatic expressions.

Unless you know, or find someone who knows, how to translate between languages, I wouldn't recommend translating Japanese scripts, as rare as those are.

Your best bet would be to just find a JP -> EN translator or even a CHN -> EN/KOR -> EN translator, though you'd be losing some accuracy through multiple serial translations.

Last edited by chaos4ever; 2007-07-07 at 16:17.
chaos4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 12:42   Link #205
Hitmanblaise

ok then so can i hire a translator who does all the work cuzvmy comp is broken
Old 2007-07-07, 12:49   Link #206
Hitmanblaise

and i was thinking that i would look over the translated scripts and and try to catch its mistakes lame example:

translated script- naruto your jacket is so cold!!!

obviously i would be able to tell that it means Naruto ur jacket is so cool. Cool meaning to be hip and stuff like that.
Old 2007-07-07, 14:34   Link #207
Ensign Shiro Amada
Kopitar's Herald

Quote:
well i found a website that translate languages like french and japanese and so i was going to use that.Sorry for being unclear i had to do something when i was typing the post and left my comp for few min. what i was trying to say is that if my idea works where would i get what i need and if in anyone had better ideas that would help in my situation
You wouldn't perchance be referring to babelfish, would you? If so (or even if not), you probably should reconsider your efforts.
Ensign Shiro Amada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 18:20   Link #208
Hitmanblaise

no im referring to dictionary.com/translator
Old 2007-07-07, 18:23   Link #209
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
no im referring to dictionary.com/translator
You know... That is basically the same bad thing.
Old 2007-07-07, 22:52   Link #210
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

their translator service might be horrid, but their Thesaurus and Dictionary are Superb.

I really like how u can enter something in thesaurus and then just click whatever word u want then bring up the meaning in the dictionary. the sight uses MAD CPU % though, probably all those stupid adds.

ne way, I tend to use this site for translations. its old school, but why change it if it works, right?

http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/c...wwwjdic.cgi?1C
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 19:34   Link #211
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Encoding help please

Help this newbie encoder out...

I'm trying to filter a raw with hqdn3d. This is what my script looks like (sans file names)

AviSource("the raw.avi")
converttoyv12()
hqdn3d(2)
loadplugin("asdgsadhgasdh\VSFilter.dll")
TextSub("sadgasdh.ass")
TextSub("fsadjhadjf.ass")
TextSub("asfdhdsfhadsfh.ass")
TextSub("asdfhadsfhafh.ass")

The raw is 24:59, 29.xx frames, 640x480. When I put that through megui, I end up with a 29:58, 25.xx frames, "480x640" video file that still plays in 640x480. What am I doing wrong? Should I use DirectShowSource instead of AviSource?
Old 2007-07-11, 19:48   Link #212
checkers
Part 8
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to checkers
place an info() at the end of the script and then remove filters until you find the one changing the framecount.
checkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 19:51   Link #213
Skyward
Oblivious
*Fansubber

While I have no idea why the frame rate is slowing down to 25 with that script, you can work around it by adding 'AssumeFPS("ntsc_video")' to the script. Add it right before the subtitles are applied so they don't appear early.
Skyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 19:55   Link #214
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
or I don't have a clue what I'm talking about...
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 00:41   Link #215
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Sounds to me like it's a muxing problem, not an avisynth problem.

You normally get 25 fps when muxing to mp4 with mp4box without specifying the frame rate precisely.

Are you outputting mp4? If that's the case add in a -fps 29.97 command switch to the muxing step. Frankly I'm not sure how to do this using me-gui, I always just output to raw video streams and mux with the command line.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 05:41   Link #216
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Are you by chance using the development build of xvid_encraw (I did and had exactly the same problems). If so.. then that (Celtic Druid) build will assume 25 fps if the -fps parameter hasnt been specified. I changed to squid_80's build found here (all the way down, xvid_encraw), which will get the fps from the original input file. Worked for me
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 05:48   Link #217
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Sounds to me like it's a muxing problem, not an avisynth problem.

You normally get 25 fps when muxing to mp4 with mp4box without specifying the frame rate precisely.

Are you outputting mp4? If that's the case add in a -fps 29.97 command switch to the muxing step. Frankly I'm not sure how to do this using me-gui, I always just output to raw video streams and mux with the command line.
No, XviD in avi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_tjerk View Post
Are you by chance using the development build of xvid_encraw (I did and had exactly the same problems). If so.. then that (Celtic Druid) build will assume 25 fps if the -fps parameter hasnt been specified. I changed to squid_80's build found here (all the way down, xvid_encraw), which will get the fps from the original input file. Worked for me
If I'm using megui, how do I use this build? Just run the .exe in the zip?
Old 2007-07-12, 05:56   Link #218
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

In my case the xvid_encraw.exe is in this folder: E:\megui\tools\xvid_encraw (i guess you can figure out where it is in your case). Just extract the zip into that folder and replace files if necessary (it should at least overwrite xvid_encraw.exe).
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 06:52   Link #219
CelesAurivern
Mein Kampf :D
*Fansubber

Quote:
ok then so can i hire a translator who does all the work cuzvmy comp is broken
How much are you paying?
CelesAurivern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-15, 07:06   Link #220
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_tjerk View Post
In my case the xvid_encraw.exe is in this folder: E:\megui\tools\xvid_encraw (i guess you can figure out where it is in your case). Just extract the zip into that folder and replace files if necessary (it should at least overwrite xvid_encraw.exe).
btw do i get xvid_encraw.zip or xviw_encraw64.zip?