AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-26, 14:24   Link #1001
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I wonder why Saru isn't more worried about Mitsuhide. He knows what happened in his past.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 14:29   Link #1002
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I wonder why Saru isn't more worried about Mitsuhide. He knows what happened in his past.
Maybe because Nobuna asked him to stand back and don't get ahead of himself. Since then he doesn't use his knowledge and only helps when they ask him to.
Preview for next ep show some fighting, we will see how it will work out.

I myself also wish he would use his knowledge more, because as it is now he is more like static observer, than important person. This ep was so-so for me, it was all over the place and fighting + date didn't really work out.
Imo Mitsuhide deserves some punishment, we heard her inner monologue, but that doesn't allow her to behave like a bitch for quite some time already.
Old 2012-08-26, 14:31   Link #1003
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Even before talking about punishment, she has to be made to understand she's being awfully shortsighted, and that it does not serve Nobuna.
Old 2012-08-26, 15:28   Link #1004
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Akechi desire to be the best in Nobuna's army and be the great help is admirable. She just went the wrong way of doing so. I am not expecting the Incident at Honnō-ji to be occurring in the next couple of episodes. Too soon, this series does follow the original history to a good degree although outcomes are different.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 15:39   Link #1005
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

And the show just took a darker turn after this episode... But hey at least we got to see Goemon in an apron.

Forgot to add, was Inuchiyo wearing the apron the other way round like a cape?

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 15:44   Link #1006
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Akechi desire to be the best in Nobuna's army and be the great help is admirable. She just went the wrong way of doing so.
It's a bigger problem than that. She let a man who wasn't Nobuna's ally and was, in fact, hostile to her friend define the terms of the contest, and, in her mind, of what it meant to "serve Nobuna". She never stopped to think about what Nobuna thought about it, or what the consequences of her "victory" would be for what she claims is her side.
Old 2012-08-26, 15:51   Link #1007
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's a bigger problem than that. She let a man who wasn't Nobuna's ally and was, in fact, hostile to her friend define the terms of the contest, and, in her mind, of what it meant to "serve Nobuna". She never stopped to think about what Nobuna thought about it, or what the consequences of her "victory" would be for what she claims is her side.
True on all accounts, I was being gentle when I said "went wrong way of doing so". It is a problem, but like any good General like she is. She will adapt and learn, in history they call Akechi a great mind.
Old 2012-08-26, 16:05   Link #1008
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Juubei seems sincere about her desire to help Nobuna, but it's likely she's been raised in the traditional sengoku way of thinking which would probably involve burning down Sakai to raise the money. Nobuna, of course is anything but traditional, so I fault Juubei only for her methods, not her intent.

Also I think she had no idea there was foul play involved in the competition.
Old 2012-08-26, 16:11   Link #1009
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Juubei seems sincere about her desire to help Nobuna, but it's likely she's been raised in the traditional sengoku way of thinking which would probably involve burning down Sakai to raise the money. Nobuna, of course is anything but traditional, so I fault Juubei only for her methods, not her intent.

Yeah, that could also be a factor.

On other notes, Hanbei gets more cute when she orders the army. Pretty smart too dealing with the war Elephants. Nobuna's description of fried Takoyaki, was amusing.
Old 2012-08-26, 16:13   Link #1010
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
It's still short-sighted, but I can let that pass. It's true that pillage is a quick way to get money. It's the rest of it that bothers me.

Quote:
Then she's a fucking moron.
Old 2012-08-26, 16:17   Link #1011
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Hey when was deep frying and Mayonnaise invented?
Old 2012-08-26, 16:22   Link #1012
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Wait, hold up. I'm kinda confuzzled here. Everyone's hating on Mitsuhide because she won the competition, right?
blakstealth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 16:24   Link #1013
Midonin
Last Engage

From a culinary perspective, Team Yoshiharu won by a landslide. Mitsuhide only won because the judges were bribed. She treated it like it was a fair victory, though. Nobuna gets her necessary funds either way, but it only takes us a step closer to Honnoji.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 16:25   Link #1014
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I'm just wondering why everyone hates her now. I mean, they got the money. Everything's good. :/
blakstealth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 16:27   Link #1015
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I'm just wondering why everyone hates her now. I mean, they got the money. Everything's good. :/
Not really. Akechi is one of the Generals of Nobuna's army. It is shown that she will do anything to win, earlier she spoke of burning down Merchant's shops and driving them away to make necessary funds. Nobuna's goal is to unify and grant peace to Japan, by doing things Akechi wanted to do, it contradicts that.
Old 2012-08-26, 16:34   Link #1016
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Except that Nobuna's ally (the takoyaki guy, who brokered the deal for her in the first place) suffered a huge loss, while his enemy, who may turn against Nobuna on an instant's notice and is, in fact, already colluding with her enemies, gained power over the city.

In other words, Nobuna was used like a chump, was seen to be used like a chump, and Mitsuhide doesn't even seem to realize or care about it.
Old 2012-08-26, 16:34   Link #1017
Xaturas

Not to mention that everyone could see how she *won* yet she behaved like some spoiled princess ordering Nobuna to send monkey to dungeons.
She just crossed the line where she is no longer likable and can just die in her *future betrayal* as far as my opinion goes.
Old 2012-08-26, 16:36   Link #1018
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Huuuh? Takoyaki in Sengoku era? ok......
If you can accept that historically ruthless warlords were actual little girls, then this shouldn't be a big deal.

I must say, that this show has the "surprise of the season" for me. Never expected that I would be enjoying as I do now since it looked like your typical medieval eastern gender-bender series at first.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 16:36   Link #1019
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
She just crossed the line where she is no longer likable and can just die in her *future betrayal* as far as my opinion goes.
There's still some good in her. And with all the people Yoshiharu's already altered history for, he'll save her, too.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 16:39   Link #1020
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
She haven't reach that stage for me. I feel this is the first time she feel like she can connect with another person like her "Nobuna" and tried excessively to be of help to her. If she learn from that mistake, I am pretty sure she is a likable character. Base off the preview, it appears so.

Tags
action, historical, romance, shounen