Notices

Old 2007-02-20, 15:43   Link #281
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Am I the only one who was surprised Chiaki didn't express any interest in playing one of Sakura's father's violins? When else would he get the chance to play a Strad? Even if he were angry at the father, wouldn't part of him have wanted to at least touch those instruments, if not play them?

I guess Sakura and her mother didn't know about the secret room, either. Boy I bet his wife was pissed when she came home that day from her part-time job.

Thank you, C1.
well considering he wants to be a conductor i think he would just drool over his master's conducting stick i guess he has lost interest in everything else ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 17:20   Link #282
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Am I the only one who was surprised Chiaki didn't express any interest in playing one of Sakura's father's violins? When else would he get the chance to play a Strad? Even if he were angry at the father, wouldn't part of him have wanted to at least touch those instruments, if not play them?
I was thinking that too. I mean I would go nuts even being the presence of one of those, I'd think Chiaki would at least make some kind of comment about it, even just to himself.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 18:40   Link #283
Dop
Mmmm....

Oh my god, when Sakura's father scraped that violin I CRINGED IN HORROR!!!
I mean, it's a long long time since I last played the violin, but that was TERRIFYING!

The second time I noticed a snippet from Mahler's 8th Symphony (it was also in episode 5's pre-opening sequence) a different movement of which was used to great effect in the last episode (or the sixth, depending on how you look at it) of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Last word goes to Nodame.
Spoiler:

I was SO glad I didn't have a mouthful of beer at the time.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 20:30   Link #284
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I am so going to extract Nodame's battle cry GAYAPO!!!! and put on my cell phone. I just got around to seeing episode 5 and now episode 6 subbed is out so i get a double dose. I guess Milche is no joke he really knows what it takes to bring out everyones talent.
Old 2007-02-20, 21:00   Link #285
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Am I the only one who was surprised Chiaki didn't express any interest in playing one of Sakura's father's violins?
I always asked myself that since way make with the manga. I get the feeling that Chiaki isn't the kind of musician that would want to play on such things, he's a rich man himself - he probably believes that he must reach a certain level before that.

I really do love how Kenichi Kasai draws out all the humor from the manga, and makes it even more spectacular to watch. Of course i'm not happy with the some chapters being missed, and the cutting of scenes - especially from this episode. But i'd never think about stopping the series, Chiaki is my hero after all.
Old 2007-02-20, 22:22   Link #286
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Thoroughly enjoyed episode 5 - waiting for Anime-Keep's version. Rather predictably, watching the anime induced me into finding out more about it.

Thanks to a J-Drama fan friend of mine, I just finished watching 11 episodes of the live drama. In one sitting. I thoroughly loved the cast's performance. Admittedly, even though the production crew did their best at making Ms Ueno look filthy and unkempt, she is a cutie pie.

I am now a crazed Nodame Cantabile fan. Learning that there is a chinese translation (by Tong Li) out in the book stores, I am now compelled to go out and buy the manga. And I just promised myself I will limit my manga buying this year.
Old 2007-02-21, 00:33   Link #287
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop
Last word goes to Nodame.
Spoiler:
good good, so I don't really have schizophrenia. Just slightly delusional is fine. Loved this episode. Just when I thought that Chiaki has evolved into a more charismatic person, he regresses back to his old self due to his competitive nature XD. It's funny just how much Milch gets on Chiaki's nerves.

Well, I do have one complaint, though. Nodame and her progress on the piano has been overshadowed with the recent escapade of Chiaki being suddenly thrusted to the position of a conductor. While her haphazard play joke can potentially be overused, I still look at it as an important part of her personality. Now she's just fangirling Chiaki
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 00:46   Link #288
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
Thanks to a J-Drama fan friend of mine, I just finished watching 11 episodes of the live drama. In one sitting.
It's really good, isn't it? I'm only up to the fourth episode (progress is slow when each ep is 1 hour long), but I love it already. I've gotten too used to the actors and voices though, now the anime feels a bit weird to watch. But the actor for Stresemann is hilarious in the live action.

Old 2007-02-21, 01:18   Link #289
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

The one thing i really love about the VA's are when Chiaki goes "eek". It's just too funny and hilarious. I'm a bit disappointed though with the last few episode cause it's mostly about Chiaki. Nodame have been pushed toward a minor comedic role.

Chiaki isnt competitive, i think it's his perfectionist personality that made him the merciless critic he is XD

Not to mention, this is the first and probably only time he gets to conduct an orcheastra so he wants to do the best he can.
Old 2007-02-21, 02:13   Link #290
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
I'm a bit disappointed though with the last few episode cause it's mostly about Chiaki. Nodame have been pushed toward a minor comedic role.
The series is about him, not Nodame. It focuses on him and how she helps him become a better person, basically. She is a major character, and does provide more than comedic relief, but the past few eps have been further building up Chiaki. You see more of Noda soon, though.
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 04:25   Link #291
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Between seeing the instruments and the outburst was only a minute or so, hardly enough to really realize what he saw. After he had calmed down it probably was to embarrassing to ask although we don't really know ... If the father hadn't played so badly and Chiaki had kept cool he probably would have asked for it I assume.
Slice of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 06:59   Link #292
Joojoobees

Question Question about Episode 6

I have a ? regarding Nodame in Ep. 6.

Spoiler:
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 07:27   Link #293
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
I have a ? regarding Nodame in Ep. 6.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 12:17   Link #294
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asai View Post
The series is about him, not Nodame. It focuses on him and how she helps him become a better person, basically. She is a major character, and does provide more than comedic relief, but the past few eps have been further building up Chiaki. You see more of Noda soon, though.
yea i was thinking thats the case too...i wonder...nodame isnt part of the orchestra because a piano does not fit with it...but maybe later they are able to break the old traditional orchestra layout and include nodame? something new and fresh...just like rock style violin playing *raises hand*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 12:25   Link #295
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
but maybe later they are able to break the old traditional orchestra layout and include nodame?
& you actually think Chiaki would do something like that? You should have learned by now what time of character he is. <3
Old 2007-02-21, 15:21   Link #296
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
nodame isnt part of the orchestra because a piano does not fit with it...
It does if you want it to. There are all sorts of compositions written for the piano as a soloist with the orchestra, or just as a part of the orchestra. There are other keyboard instruments, too, like the harpsichord or the celesta.

Now, it's true that there's no piano part in either of the Beethoven symphonies that we've seen the S orchestra rehearsing, but all they'd need to do was pick another piece of music and Nodame would be in.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 16:03   Link #297
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I can only imagine what the interaction between Chiaki and Nodame would be if she were the soloist in, say, Beethoven's Fifth Piano Concerto ("Emperor"). She'd be giving it her own "personal" interpretation while Chiaki screams at her every few measures to stay in tempo.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 18:02   Link #298
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
episode 6

Sakuras father was totally out of his mind i thought my ears were gonna bleed when he started the violin. I know others have touched on this but it was so weird that Chiaki didnt try to at least play one of the violins i mean he had a Stradivarius in his collection any violinist would at least want to touch it. But seriously a cursed violin i was laughing my ass off

Milche is such a dick i knew it was going to be bad when the girls started flocking to chiaki, and what are the first words out of Nodames mouth YOU CHEAT lol. She said something weird about milk i didnt really understand it. Whos idea was it for her to dress up to try to get Chiakis attention?

My theory is yes Milche is still a dick but i think this was planned from the start. I think he formed the S orchestra and intended to abandon them all along. this is a lesson for Chiaki which is why he gathered the worst musicians at the school. By making Chiaki compete against him with players who Chiaki feels are in his words the worst, hes teaching him that as the conductor its your job to draw out their potential , which is one of the key lessons Chiaki needs to learn. Yelling at them wont achieve a thing and im surprised that he has not noticed that their playing gets worse when he does

Im betting Nodame gets her chance to play Piano in the S Orchestra granted pianos are not normally part of Orchestra's but there have been pieces written with piano in it. Too bad she didnt get her kiss.

Im loving the show im starting to turn into a die hard fan hence my new avatar. Has anyone watched the drama that its based off of?

For those who dont know what is so special about a Stradivarius http://ask.yahoo.com/20060606.html

Last edited by Sinestra; 2007-02-21 at 19:53.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 18:35   Link #299
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Im betting Nodame gets her chance to play Piano in the S Orchestra granted pianos are normally part of Orchestra's but there have been pieces written with piano in it. Too bad she didnt get her kiss.
I think it'd be great if somewhere along the story Nodame gets to play a piano concerto with Chiaki conducting. Nodame's playing style probably isn't immediately suited to playing alongside an orchestra, but that's the fun of it.

Old 2007-02-21, 18:58   Link #300
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
Nodame's playing style probably isn't immediately suited to playing alongside an orchestra, but that's the fun of it.
Again, it depends on the piece. The original score of Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue didn't even have the piano solos written out. The conductor just had to stand there while Gershwin improvised, and Gershwin signaled him when the solo was coming to an end. Likewise, Mozart wrote a lot of his piano concertos for himself, and he gave himself a lot of opportunities to do his own thing.

But yes, it would still be fun.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, nodame cantabile, noitamina, romance