Notices

Old 2010-04-24, 01:59   Link #2821
Wrath88
Kissing...

Maybe he'll spend a chapter or so to explore Loki x Lucy
Old 2010-04-24, 02:19   Link #2822
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Meh. As long as I get my Erza fan service I don't need any pairings for manga.
Old 2010-04-24, 02:29   Link #2823
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Meh, the only ship I really care for in FT is Gazille/Levi.

Nothing starts a relationship better than beating her ( and the guys who liked her ) up and then pseudo-crucifying her with bolts and iron binders.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 08:20   Link #2824
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Meh, the only ship I really care for in FT is Gazille/Levi.

Nothing starts a relationship better than beating her ( and the guys who liked her ) up and then pseudo-crucifying her with bolts and iron binders.
Hey, maybe she's a masochist and actually enjoyed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Sadly, Mirajane would be judged by far too many of the other guilds with politics- after all, she's either in the "too nice" range, or is in "berserker mode in which she has little control over her actions and makes her a danger to everyone" (though I could be wrong about the lack of control)

as for pairings... well, unlike Rave, there is no stand-out couple like Haru and Elie were. So Mashima is probably going to tease the hell out of us for as long as he can with pairings
He already is. Let's see, so far there's been natsu x Lucy, Natsu x Lisanne, Natsu x erza, lucy x Loki, loki x Aries, erza x Gerard, gray x erza, gray x Lucy, gray x lluvia, mirajane x that one guy working under luxus, mistgun x Wendy, marakov x that old lady, and gazille x eksheed xD
________
LovelyWendie

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 05:10.
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 08:38   Link #2825
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Pairings: Lucy x Loki, Erza x Mitsgun (if I know Mashima well, Gerard will die a tragic death), Aizak x Visca, Gray x Juvia, Romeo x Wendy, Freed x Evergreen, Makao x Kana, Happy x Charle.

Who breaks the crystal: I think Lily will accidentally break it after falling for Gazille's trap(s), a ridiculously huge sword is bound to split something just as huge in half.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 06:03   Link #2826
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post

Who breaks the crystal: I think Lily will accidentally break it after falling for Gazille's trap(s), a ridiculously huge sword is bound to split something just as huge in half.
no way! There's no "death scene" in FT, so no one will break that crystal because no one's gonna die! (unless they're just the town's citizens and not the guild itself)

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 07:45   Link #2827
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
as for pairings... well, unlike Rave, there is no stand-out couple like Haru and Elie were. So Mashima is probably going to tease the hell out of us for as long as he can with pairings
in Rave, other than Haru and ELIE
there was Let and Julia
Musica already has a girlfriend named Melodia
there was Cattleya and Shuda (apparently they had sex too <= EPIC moment on the manga.. I lol'd so hard)

so I concur
there will be pairings

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 09:51   Link #2828
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Maybe he'll spend a chapter or so to explore Loki x Lucy
Heh hopefully. I think they would make a good pair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
no way! There's no "death scene" in FT, so no one will break that crystal because no one's gonna die! (unless they're just the town's citizens and not the guild itself)
I think he means breaking the crystal and then releasing the fairy tail members. Cause
in 181 gazille said all he had to do to release them was to smash the lachryma

Last edited by Rennir; 2015-11-16 at 06:16.
Old 2010-04-25, 10:16   Link #2829
palpatin

I thought he had to smash it with his dragonslayer-magic, or am I wrong?
Old 2010-04-25, 11:00   Link #2830
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

^ you are right and this is where Im not sure if I understood correctly. By dragonslayer magic i understood it as any of his steel typed attacks so even if the metal sword does destroy the lachryma it should release everyone. Unless of course, gazille has to use a certain attack to smash the crystal, in which case I would be very worried if I wad in the lachryma considering gazilles not very smart and like blewin said, could very well cut it with his huge sword

Last edited by Rennir; 2015-11-16 at 06:16.
Old 2010-04-25, 13:02   Link #2831
shanin
Disabled By Request

um i was wondering if you guys would recommend this manga cause i'm kinda a mewbie to manga/anime and i need some advice on what to read and i heard that this was a good one
shanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 14:11   Link #2832
NoLongerSane

This is a good manga to read since it consist of magic user, guilds, and adventures. If you would like, try the mangaka's earlier works Groove Adventure Rave/ Rave Master.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 15:00   Link #2833
shanin
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
This is a good manga to read since it consist of magic user, guilds, and adventures. If you would like, try the mangaka's earlier works Groove Adventure Rave/ Rave Master.
thanks for the advice NLS its hard to decide what to read when your only starting the mangas i own don't have very active threads.
shanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 23:01   Link #2834
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
in Rave, other than Haru and ELIE
there was Let and Julia
Musica already has a girlfriend named Melodia
there was Cattleya and Shuda (apparently they had sex too <= EPIC moment on the manga.. I lol'd so hard)

so I concur
there will be pairings
lemme rephrase that: with Haru and Elie, the romance aspect was presented to us right from the get-go. With Fairy Tail, sure we had Lucy and Natsu meeting, but after that, it turned into a case of "let me introduce you to my guild, which just happens to be the saem one you want to join. Oh, these guys are my nakama, and let's all start doing missions together". Haru and Elie were together because of the RaVe, and the two wanting to stay by each others' sides. Lucy usually got dragged into a mission with Natsu/was a stowaway looking for some cash and whoever else was going on the mission

so I'm still not totally sold that there's going to be any form of "official" pairings

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 23:19   Link #2835
NoLongerSane

From what I recall from the pairing from Rave Master, Mashima tends to have some angst with some of the more obvious pairings. Haru and Ellie had to contend with alot throught the manga before they shared even shared their first kiss. Let had to suffer quite a bit before being reunited with Julie, and that almost cost him his life. Then there was the Musica/Reina situation that ended the way it did.

For Fairy Tail, the only pairings that has seen that amount of angst to it has been Erza/Gerad and Ares/Loki.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 01:20   Link #2836
KrimzonStriker

Well that's a nice coincidence since I do in fact support both Erza/Gerard and Ares/Loki
Old 2010-04-26, 03:23   Link #2837
orangejuicetang

By smashing it with dragonslayer magic, I wonder if he means his dragonslayer breath? That seems to be one attack that all dragonslayers share.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 08:41   Link #2838
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Well Gazille did say smash, so I infered he meant actually hitting it physically. But who knows, could be an error with the translation
________
Suzuki T20 Specifications

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 05:12.
Old 2010-04-26, 12:45   Link #2839
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
with Haru and Elie, the romance aspect was presented to us right from the get-go.
Conclusion: Natsu should have met Lucy in a face-in-panties situation

Adding to the RAVE pairs, there's Shiba x Resha, Sieghart x Resha, Musica x Reina, Haru x the mermaids, Haru x Belnika and Plue x Griffin/Kato.
Quote:
From what I recall from the pairing from Rave Master, Mashima tends to have some angst with some of the more obvious pairings. Haru and Ellie had to contend with alot throught the manga before they shared even shared their first kiss. Let had to suffer quite a bit before being reunited with Julie, and that almost cost him his life. Then there was the Musica/Reina situation that ended the way it did.

For Fairy Tail, the only pairings that has seen that amount of angst to it has been Erza/Gerad and Ares/Loki.
That's pretty much why RAVE is described as a darker story than FT, the tragedy doesn't go well with this manga since it started off with a carefree attitude. Not that it can't get seriously srs if Mashima wants to, but I think it will be better as a mix of fantasy/action/comedy(/ecchi) without as much romance/drama as RAVE. After all, it features a greater cast in numbers, offering coverage to all of them would be time consuming and potentially plot derailing (unless a dark guild leader like Ivan decides to marry random girl A like Levi or something).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 13:57   Link #2840
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Cute moes being strong on a small scale, I can see. However, I still doubt she's powerful enough to wreck half a town (like Natsu usually does). But this is manga, and you never know...
Well, its the entire thing with Wendy eating air giving her a constant resupply of maagical energy that makes me think that.Though Im sure shed be less destructive than Natsu(out of preference)

But Wendy would have a big advantage fighting natsu, going back to the melody arc.

Wendy's weakness may be constitution, but its not going to surprise me if she turns out to be really strong.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen