AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 13 14.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 30.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 26.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 19.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 8.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.09%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-02, 13:21   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Lucky Star - Episode 09 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Lucky Star, Episode 09.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2007-06-02, 14:25   Link #2
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Plot predictions for episode 9:

-Konata wins a contest for her fanart submission and gets to have her mug printed in the next issue of Newtype Magazine as well as list of her vital statistics.

-Miyuki gets to model a swimsuit as a result of a chance meeting with a talent scouter. The event is sponsored by Kadokawa Shoten and the logo will appear on her swimsuit. Much nosebleeding will ensue. Miyuki bathing suit goes on sale July 15th in time for the summer season. Girls who wear it will get all the guys.

-Kagami finally takes up boxing and is recruited to fight in a female boxing event sponsored by Bandai.

-Tsukasa become Kagami's Mickey and trains her by forcing her to chase a chicken around a stock yard. Hilarity ensues.

-Kona Pops attends the boxing event that Kagami is a part of and takes many pictures with his extendable lenses, he also has a camera stashed under the ring.

-Yui makes an appearance says something then vanishes

-Teach opens up the latest newtype to see Konata's mug staring back at her and has a panic attack.

-Mystery loli from episode 8 is walking down the street when she trips falls and rolls downhill for about a full minute taking down everyone and everything in her path, before exclaiming "MOOOOOO! Itai Yo!"

Yeah.. I don't actually watch the previews for the next episode in anime, the only time I've ever done it is with Turn A Gundam and Victory Gundam and that's cause the music rocked. Plus in the case of light comedy series it's ten times more fun to go into an episode having absolutely no idea what to expect. That way the jokes are more potent.
Old 2007-06-02, 14:53   Link #3
vaizard_ruler
Lucky☆Star Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to vaizard_ruler Send a message via MSN to vaizard_ruler Send a message via Yahoo to vaizard_ruler
its going to be another completely random episode that i cant seem to guess from looking at hte 4coma....but theyre gonna be talking about something.....
Old 2007-06-02, 15:23   Link #4
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Preview of the former episode was random enough. Come on guys, what Miyuki's lesson about the origin of the word "Dreadnought" gonna tell us? Hahah.
Old 2007-06-02, 17:45   Link #5
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Preview of the former episode was random enough. Come on guys, what Miyuki's lesson about the origin of the word "Dreadnought" gonna tell us? Hahah.
didnt you know she was discribing herself? (in the most unsexist way ofc )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-02, 17:50   Link #6
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I didn't think about it.
Old 2007-06-02, 18:59   Link #7
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Bleh...usually I base my predictions on what happened in previous episodes, but they tied off 7 and 8 without anything hanging.

The directors put in this huge Miyuki speech and three girls walking and talking in practically the same way as probably a lighthearted jab at us for even considering a preview in a random comedy series. Something like, "Why the hell are you watching this? We can't be random if we say anything!"
Old 2007-06-02, 22:16   Link #8
Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I got lost in the preview, while Miyuki was ranting xD.
Old 2007-06-03, 02:56   Link #9
Smithj

Heh jokes about the Imperial Japanese Navy...

If there's a time for jokes about how much of a phallic symbol Long Lance Torpedoes are, here's the time

Perhaps an event concerning a British or American Lucky Star Character through the mention of Naval Battles in their World History Class. Or possibly discussion concerning the origins of their school uniform.

Then again, the mention of Super-Dreadnoughts would probably concern Battleships like the Yamtao and Musashi.

Then again anything goes. I'm thinking too much urgh.

Last edited by Smithj; 2007-06-03 at 03:21.
Old 2007-06-03, 10:51   Link #10
Konata-chan
Wannabe Konata Izumi

Send a message via AIM to Konata-chan Send a message via MSN to Konata-chan
Episode 9 screencaps, courtesy of 2ch.
Old 2007-06-03, 11:19   Link #11
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata-chan View Post
Thank you for the link! Another Konata and Tsukasa centric episode...nothing to say about that.

Kona has my kind of taste in dress...a loose, long jacket and a flat cap. They also seem to give her and Shirashi more dynamic ranges of emotion. Awesome.
Old 2007-06-03, 11:39   Link #12
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Right...

About the ED this episode, the title is 木枯らしに抱かれて (Kogarashi Ni Dakarete)

The interesting thing is, here is what I assumed to be the original song, out in 1986:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttscx...elated&search=

But then here is a newer version, sang by three girls... One of them certainly looked VERY familar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6KeJ...elated&search=

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2007-06-03 at 12:16.
Old 2007-06-03, 11:48   Link #13
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Thank you for the link! Another Konata and Tsukasa centric episode...nothing to say about that.

Kona has my kind of taste in dress...a loose, long jacket and a flat cap. They also seem to give her and Shirashi more dynamic ranges of emotion. Awesome.
Hmmmmm, with the recent focus on Tsukasa and Konata, does anyone find the show is having a bit of trouble defining it's comedic style. I mean does it know if it's a slice of life show about a zany otaku and her quirky friends, or if it's a show about girls doing cute things. The thing is, moe is cute, but not necessarily funny and I hope they steer things back towards the 4Koma style comedy over the next few episodes as even though I've been receptive of them, my interest is starting to wane a bit (specifially during the third quarter of each episoe where nothing funny ever seems's to happen, and recently even during the first quarter. It's pretty evenly chopped up). I hope there isn't too much focus on Tsukasa doing moe stuff and seeing her reactions this episde as I think there are. Also we're slowly approaching the halfway point of the series and we've seen no sign of any of the subcharacters other than Konata and Kagami's father, Nanako and Yui. I hope they get things rolling with the sub characters and soon otherwise they aren't going to see a lot of screentime.

Also I swear the characters are getting screentime based on who is popular, but thats not possible since these episodes should have been made a while ago. I hope for the best as maybe the episode isn't what it appears to be based on the screencaps after all.

@Vallen: Seeing the cover I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is a Konata themed ending and there is a possibility that we'll be hearing Aya Hirano's voice instead of Konata's again, possibly even ripped straight from that song. I think this is from when she was in that girl band that lasted about a year. Are they trying to Jump Start a reunion by featuring he song here? For some reason I had this really weird idea yesterday (honest) that something was going to happen to blur the line between Aya Hirano and Konata. I had imagined it being her going to an Aya Hirano concert or seeing her on TV, but this isn't that far off.
Old 2007-06-03, 12:25   Link #14
Konata-chan
Wannabe Konata Izumi

If anyone's familiar with www.nicovideo.jp (Japanese version of Youtube), the video for episode 9 is already uploaded.
ETA: Moyism posted its raw. I guess the choice now is whether you would like to download or just watch the raw.
Old 2007-06-03, 12:31   Link #15
moshika

Already posted,sorry!

Last edited by moshika; 2007-06-03 at 13:03.
Old 2007-06-03, 12:33   Link #16
Mef

http://wiki.theppn.org/Springs
Old 2007-06-03, 12:41   Link #17
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef View Post
From what I can tell people didn't like their music much and they kind of folded, but this was also long before Aya Hirano become ultra-popular. If they are planning to try again there's almost no chance of them failing. What I would find actually funny is if it's not actually Konata doing the song, but one of the other girls. Chances are slim though as she has absolutely dominated the ending scenes because honestly people don't care about Katou Emiri, Aya Endo and Kaori Fukuhara sing, they want to hear their goddess (hell half the listings for the opening only credit the song to Aya Hirano).

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-06-03 at 12:55.
Old 2007-06-03, 12:50   Link #18
Ffenix Rising
*Graphic Designer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
From what I can tell people didn't like their music much and they kind of folded, but this was also long before Aya Hirano become ultra-popular. If they are planning to try again there's almost no chance of them failing. What I would find actually funny is if it's not actually Konata doing the song, but one of the other girls. Chances are slim though as she has absolutely dominated the ending scenes because honestly people don't care about Katou Emiri, Aya Endo and Kaori Fukuhara sing, they want to here their goddess (hell half the listings for the opening only credit the song to Aya Hirano).
Admit it Kaio-chin, you LOOOOVE Aaya from the bottom of your heart.
Old 2007-06-03, 13:11   Link #19
Konata-chan
Wannabe Konata Izumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Right...

About the ED this episode, the title is 木枯らしに抱かれて (Kogarashi Ni Dakarete)

The interesting thing is, here is what I assumed to be the original song, out in 1986:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttscx...elated&search=

But then here is a newer version, sang by three girls... One of them certainly looked VERY familar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6KeJ...elated&search=
The original version is done by Chiharu Matsuyama done in 1980, yet I can't seem to find a video of it on Youtube.
Old 2007-06-03, 13:37   Link #20
Hahiru

I hope to see some interesting MAD videos using the eye drop scene.
Closed Thread