AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 77 49.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 33.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 13.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.64%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.64%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-27, 17:22   Link #61
Isekaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
Man, are they're gonna break our hearts again? If this is going the way of the game, the story better end with collecting all of them light orbs and getting the satisfactory results out of that.
My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't survive another Air.

And here I thought this one would be the last episode... Sigh. Those Key guys really like to make us cry. Are they bullying us?

Is nice to see Kyou again as the teacher, but the new Botan a.k.a. "Nabe" really freaked me out.

And Fuuko returned for more. Though is kinda sad neither her nor Tomoya remember those funny days in school, she is still being herself, and I couldn't ask for more. Horray for that twisted mind of hers.

Anyways, loved this episode. But next one seems to be another heartbreak for Tomoya, not to mention us.

P.D. OKAZAKI IS THE BEST!!! and what's with that empty look on his face?
Old 2009-02-27, 17:23   Link #62
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

Good episode, not looking forward to the next one judging by the title though .

Also, the reason WHY she doesnt remember is because it wasn't her, it was like her "spirit" to get people to go to her sister's wedding. Tomoya won't bring it up because he knows that this Fuuko ISNT the one he was with all that time.
Old 2009-02-27, 18:28   Link #63
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Repetitive, too forced, I hate Fuko (Is it too much to ask for her to just get out of this series? Tomoyo pretty much has been), slowing down the pacing now when they could have used the slowed down pacing a couple of episodes ago, and just overall a very poor episode (4/10). Next episodes should be better thankfully. Too bad Ushio looks like she is going to get really sick like her mother with some unexplainable disease.
Old 2009-02-27, 19:08   Link #64
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
Clannad made me cry.
Again.

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Old 2009-02-27, 19:39   Link #65
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

A good episode overall. It was touching to see that Tomoya still loves Nagisa after all this time. Fuko's appearence in this episode doesn't really make it all that entertaining. I remember back in the first season where I was laughing tons whenever I saw Tomoya doing some weird pranks on Fuko when she's day dreaming. Those were awsome, however now Fuko's just kind of annoying.

The ending of the episode was not cool though, imo. Damnit, KEY quite jerking our heart strings!
Old 2009-02-27, 19:46   Link #66
Texas84
よろしく

Count me in as a Fu-chan fan. I miss Tomoya's interactions with all his old friends. The ending made me angry but I have to give it 10/10 just due to the emotional impact it all had on me. Beautiful episode. Honestly, I'll be glad when this is over. It's just too stressful having to wait an entire week between episodes.
Old 2009-02-27, 19:56   Link #67
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Too bad Ushio looks like she is going to get really sick like her mother with some unexplainable disease.
Well, someone is certainly grumpy this morning.

The Town. The Town has the answers you seek.
Old 2009-02-27, 20:45   Link #68
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So who make the starfish bread this time? Sanae or Akio?

I have a theory that Sanae's bread is fine unless she is experimenting with new flavors and textures...sort of how Akiko's jams were fine (Nayuki loved her mom's strawberry jam) except for her "special jam". Akio can't be making all the bread they sell.
Old 2009-02-27, 21:02   Link #69
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Someone get me that damn remix of Fuuko's theme.

Also, how many fucking montages were in this episode?

I swear I lost count.

Oh, if they do anything to Ushio I will seriously lose it.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-02-27, 21:31   Link #70
typhonsentra

The melodrama is laughable as ever but man was it ever refreshing to see Fuuko and Usio together, it reminded me of what I originally liked about this show.

9/10
Old 2009-02-27, 21:43   Link #71
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
It felt like watching something close to something by Zemeckis or Spielberg, until drama bites you in the ass. Key cheat. Even in the genetic lottery.

A nice episode as slice of life with twist of light comedy. Then there be the drama. However, it lacked what-I-can't-put-a-name-on to make this episode as good as 16-18-19.

And I don't see what's forced about it.
Old 2009-02-27, 22:06   Link #72
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Well, someone is certainly grumpy this morning.

The Town. The Town has the answers you seek.
What are you trying to hint at ? But eh, I am actually happy today, got my license, this episode just really did not hit home with me whatsoever.

It was so bad that I actually was bored and tapping my foot for it to end, and that is not a good sign when I am watching anything.
Old 2009-02-27, 22:13   Link #73
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
What are you trying to hint at ?
It's just a game veteran spouting out mysterious, enigmatic words of wisdom in order to look cool and smart. But to those who never played the game it's like gibberish. I'm a game veteran myself, so I can criticize them all I like.
Old 2009-02-27, 22:15   Link #74
RandomFlameStrike

Quote:
Repetitive, too forced, I hate Fuko (Is it too much to ask for her to just get out of this series? Tomoyo pretty much has been), slowing down the pacing now when they could have used the slowed down pacing a couple of episodes ago, and just overall a very poor episode (4/10). Next episodes should be better thankfully. Too bad Ushio looks like she is going to get really sick like her mother with some unexplainable disease.
O.o wut Fuuko is awesome! I don't think it's forced to have her recover, in fact we should have seen this coming from a long way off. After her arc she re-appeared which meant her health was getting better. Well if you hate Fuuko there's nothing I can do about it. However it's too much to ask her to gtfo because she has lots of fans and can logically fit in with the story (Well you could have Tomoyo randomly show up but THAT would be forced).

Also Nagisa never had a random unexplainable disease, it was just a bunch of really bad fevers/colds coming up at bad times.
If I recall correctly there was a part in the game where Sanae mentioned how the doctors couldn't diagnose a diesease that's cuasing her long unexplained fevers. There's some explination but if I mention more the mods would jump on me.
Old 2009-02-27, 22:18   Link #75
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Anyway I thought Botan has a fear of being eaten, so calling it Nabe in a sense would be a little scaring him?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-02-27, 22:21   Link #76
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomFlameStrike View Post
There's some explination but if I mention more the mods would jump on me.
Actually, it has been explained before in the anime series (especially episode 16) by Tomoya and Akio that the town has an effect on Nagisa's health (and if you add akio's story about Nagisa, you know the deal). That is no spoiler from this point.

I guess many people forgot this "little" detail.
Old 2009-02-27, 22:35   Link #77
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Anyway I thought Botan has a fear of being eaten, so calling it Nabe in a sense would be a little scaring him?
Why would it? It's a kid a quarter his size calling him that anyway.
Old 2009-02-27, 22:58   Link #78
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

People are entitled to their criticism and I don't think I'd have it any other way. Given the filler nature of this episode, I think having Fuuko or not having Fuuko are both valid since Kyou carries more weight plotwise and ultimately the brunt of the show should be on Tomoya-Ushio interaction at this point.

I am not sure if Botan's a male boar... and by the way, I am pretty sure that Kyou is there to ensure that no one gets too interested with Botan.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2009-02-27, 23:00   Link #79
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Botan seems to like children. Or it is just Ushio.
Old 2009-02-27, 23:01   Link #80
Nosauz

well botan seemed to be having a lot of fun if you catch my drift. At least that's what Kyou was implying when Ushio was sliding down his back.
Closed Thread