AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-27, 17:53   Link #41
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
It's too bad there's only one more episode left, the level of quality is just a lot better than the TV series and for me, at least, it's been a lot more fun to watch too.
Yeah its a shame only one left, and i don't want to starting my hopes up on anything else happening after this OVA series.

I am happy that the first two have plenty of rewatch value, just like the TV series. Shame we won't get enough of the lovely OVA animation though --- and the fact that the OVA's use the game's musical score, along with the TV series.
Old 2007-07-28, 00:30   Link #42
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah its a shame only one left, and i don't want to starting my hopes up on anything else happening after this OVA series.

I am happy that the first two have plenty of rewatch value, just like the TV series. Shame we won't get enough of the lovely OVA animation though --- and the fact that the OVA's use the game's musical score, along with the TV series.
I'd love to see a longer OVA series or another TV series that ends with a more definitive conclusion--but yeah, I don't want to get my hopes up too much either. I remember after the original Comic Party TV series, the Comic Party Revolution OVAs came out and those OVAs did well enough that it spawned a new 13-ep TV series (they aired the four OVAs and then nine new episodes), so it's possible...I guess just have to hope the OVAs sell well enough for them to decide to make more.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 05:25   Link #43
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Indeed, and the Comic Party: Revolution TV series turned out to be a very fun-fun watch, so i hope with all my heart the same can happen with ToHeart2.
Old 2007-07-28, 14:21   Link #44
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

This is really how TH2 series ought to be made.

Ikuno-chan's the star in episode 2, quietly making an assessment of all of her sister's potential rivals: Tama-nee the "aneki type", Konomi the "next door imouto type" (kawaii~ ), and Ruuko the "eccentric type". Of course, she probably hasn't realized there's seven other rivals with different attributes as well, ranging from tsunderes to time-traveller to twins.

Manaka's story was one of the first of which I played through, just after Konomi and followed by Yuma.

Now if they can, as you guys say, pull off a Comic Party and actually make a series with the same animation production quality, there'll be plenty of happy fans around.

If anyone fancies Ikuno-chan, fret not, for she is one of the new available girls for "girl-magnet" Takaaki to hit on in the TH2 spin-off game Another Days.

About the ED, I didn't even realize that was Rikimaru Noriko singing, her singing voice sounded so much more "mature" than Manaka's "usual" voice.

The timeline of this OVA seems to combine elements from each girl's story and some of the anime. Apart from this explanation, I can't see it as anything other than as a reason to put as many characters together as possible and write an original scenario. Not that I'm complaining though. Maybe it's because of the "normal life" routine of the situation that any scenario is possible, and a potential for milking the franchise is created.

Last edited by Kinny Riddle; 2007-07-28 at 14:45.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 22:00   Link #45
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

the original comic party series had pretty horrid script writing, actually. That was the only thing keeping the show back from being a hit. the OVAs really improved the character development so they were able to turn revolution into a 2nd series it seems.

I like takaaki kohno's voice. I wouldnt mind him being in the game with the option to turn voices on and off. The more the merrier
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 09:44   Link #46
Maritime
Oceanic

Unless there's a new ToHeart series on the way I don't understand why they're introducing new characters for a three episode OVA series.

Bring back Multi!
Maritime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 12:49   Link #47
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post

I like takaaki kohno's voice. I wouldnt mind him being in the game with the option to turn voices on and off. The more the merrier
Takaaki is voiced by none other than Fukuyama Jun, who if you've been following Code Geass, has rose in popularity thanks to his role as Lelouch.

Quote:
Unless there's a new ToHeart series on the way I don't understand why they're introducing new characters for a three episode OVA series.

Bring back Multi!
You do realize that this OVA series is based on the game ToHeart2, which is the sequel to ToHeart1?

There was already a ToHeart2 series aired in late 2005, but that was, like the first Comic Party series, largely forgettable thanks to low quality in animation and script. Hence the OVA to appease the fans.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 01:03   Link #48
Maritime
Oceanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
You do realize that this OVA series is based on the game ToHeart2, which is the sequel to ToHeart1?

There was already a ToHeart2 series aired in late 2005, but that was, like the first Comic Party series, largely forgettable thanks to low quality in animation and script. Hence the OVA to appease the fans.
Of course. I'm a big fan of the ToHeart anime series (I haven't had the pleasure of playing the games) but was really disapointed in how they handled the Multi character, in my view she could have been the perfect mascot character for the franchise but instead we got ToHeart2 which had very few really memorable characters and very little drama. People seem to put down ToHeart: Remember My Memories quite a lot but I thought it was a really good series, I cried like a baby when Multi 'died' and again when she came 'back to life again' at the end. That's the kind of emotional connection I enjoy having when watching a really good anime series but ToHeart2 didn't have any of that, I certainly didn't hate the series or anything but I did feel a little let down by it especially after watching and re-watching Remember My Memories.
Maritime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 11:09   Link #49
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Oh my gosh, you havnt played To Heart 2? if you can understand basic conversational japanese you NEED to go play the to heart 2 game ASAP. I guarantee you will have changed your mind after that.

To Heart RMM focused on multi too much. Yes, I like multi. but they made the whole series around her too close to the start and she was supposed to be the cause of the rift between hiroyuki and akari.

But being a multi fan I'm sure u know that would not happen. Hiroyuki spacing out and not noticing akari supressing her feelings, sure. but not to the extent where akari would feel like hiroyuki would marry multi or something.

It was just too much, too soon. alot of the other characters got left out as a result. for instance, serio. I'm sure you would have liked to know more other than a small kick boxing tid bit. I personally was interested to see a romance develop between shiho and masashi. there would have been some jealousy and masashi and hiroyuki would have to wrestle it out
now, RMM was not a bad series by any means. and I love the opening very much. but it did have a few flaws.

The To Heart 2 TV series was pretty horrible. I admit it. but almost all of the dramatic points from the game are missing. actually almost the WHOLE TV series was made up. nothing is even in the game. But it still had some good points. Dont tell me you didnt love the episode with the twins fighting over takaAki? You could say that Ruri is the replacement for multi in ToHeart 2 since she will be the cause of most of the Maid robot mishaps.

anyway, go check out the game. you will appreciate the OVAs 10 times more.
Old 2007-08-03, 14:29   Link #50
aquastar831
AQS-Anime

Send a message via AIM to aquastar831 Send a message via MSN to aquastar831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Takaaki is voiced by none other than Fukuyama Jun, who if you've been following Code Geass, has rose in popularity thanks to his role as Lelouch.
Yeah, I found that interesting too. I noticed that when I was looking around at the credits for the different To Heart 2 characters. I looked at Takaaki's seiyuu/VA and I saw Code Geass on the list.

Looks like the wait isn't too long for the last OVA episode with Sasara and Maryann. I'm assuming that Yuki will get some of the spotlight as well since they've been covering the new characters or the ones that didn't get that much exposure in the TV series.
aquastar831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 15:54   Link #51
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Looks like we may actually be getting a sequel to the OVAs

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nime-announced
Old 2007-08-06, 16:00   Link #52
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Brilliant News!

I'm very happy about this.
Old 2007-08-06, 23:21   Link #53
suguru
京都 ikitai~

I somehow was too brain-dead to notice this earlier, but the new OVA will be "ToHeart2 ad"...so guessing that "ad" stands for "Another Day", the new game? Wonder if this means we'll get an episode centering on Chie-chan...
Old 2007-08-07, 02:15   Link #54
DanielSong39

It'll probably be another short episodic OVA series featuring characters from the new game.

I would personally go for a 6-episode OVA series focused on the Sasara path but not holding out any hopes for that one.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 09:58   Link #55
Tiberium Wolf

I just watched ova 1 and I prefer this Tama-nee version. I know Tama-nee is a sweet devil but in this ova with that way she was drawed, looked even better.

Last edited by Tiberium Wolf; 2007-08-07 at 13:24.
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 13:18   Link #56
Greenish Growth

Tamaki seemed a little bit too mean for me in the first episode.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 18:39   Link #57
Kyuusaisha

Any news on when Another Days is gonna be released?
Kyuusaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 19:35   Link #58
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

yes it will be out in DEC.
Old 2007-08-25, 20:05   Link #59
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Finished this the other day, and waiting for the last OVA.

I <3 Tama-nee. ^_^

I was a bit faster than I expected. Story seemed a bit disjointed at times, but oh well. It was good overall. Don't know if I like the animation in the series or the OVAs better.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 23:26   Link #60
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Just watched it myself, it was ok ^_^. Not enough to make me want to watch it a 2nd time, but it was intrieg me. Though I do love the cute artwork.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquaplus, bishoujo, leaf, ova, romance, school life