AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-06-20, 02:00   Link #9081
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
At least you know she'd be dedicated to you! Just need to always have an escape route planned.
Bad Ending and Have A Nice Boat are not escape routes.
Old 2011-06-20, 02:03   Link #9082
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I was gonna say, I can only see a Nice Boat in that future...

Tsunderes FTMFW!

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 02:03   Link #9083
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
I'll just take a loli or a yandere, and be on my merry way.
You don't just take a yandere and go on your merry way. It's the yandere who takes you... home.

Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 02:04   Link #9084
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Ignore the meat cleaver that's right next to the door...

(assuming, I'm getting the reference right, I personally thought almost all the girls went yandere in Higurashi in their routes...)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 02:20   Link #9085
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
, I personally thought almost all the girls went yandere in Higurashi in their routes...
mion killed no-one, if i recall correctly
Old 2011-06-20, 02:37   Link #9086
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
You don't just take a yandere and go on your merry way. It's the yandere who takes you... home.

In several pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
Mion, Rika, Satoko and Hanyuu killed no one.
Old 2011-06-20, 03:10   Link #9087
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
In several pieces.

Mion, Rika, Satoko and Hanyuu killed no one.
rika killed her mom in rei, satoko pushed her parents off a cliff

hanyuu i'm not sure, i remember her mentioning something in rei but, heh, it's fuzzy
Old 2011-06-20, 03:40   Link #9088
Sumeragi
Banned

Hmmm.... I'm one who accidentally broke Oppa's leg when I kicked him in the shin for smoking once, and I consider myself a kuuyandere.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 03:52   Link #9089
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Hmmm.... I'm one who accidentally broke Oppa's leg when I kicked him in the shin for smoking once, and I consider myself a kuuyandere.
What the heck are you wearing when you kicked his leg? Steel-toed safety boots or powered armour?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 04:08   Link #9090
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
You want a mentally-unbalanced psycho stalker girl? Do you have a death wish or something?
I did

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
But Shion was the best :3
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 04:31   Link #9091
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

RE Types: I think it's flawed to say that there are different types of people out there. You can't discretize humanity as a whole into chunks. Each person is individual and all that.

However, when someone says they're not "his type", this is still a valid statement. I say it quite often myself. Basically, we all prefer different things in the people we date. Be it appearance or personality. In a sense, these preferences are our "type".

I'll use the "type" phrase when pertaining to guys as well as girls. "Your type of person" is the set of people you tend to get along with -> have chemistry with. There are some people who you naturally get along better with then others, and generally you're good at recognising, though it's often difficult to precisely define it. It also bears mentioning that it's much easier to define who isn't your type then who is. So I find it very difficult to be attracted to girls who mostly talk about soaps and going out, or "big" women.

When referring to dates appearance tends to get thrown into the mix. Generally speaking I'd say most people, when they talk about the people they've dated/been attracted too, will find all their previous partners share stuff in common. It can kinda get creepy when you think about it. For instance all the people I've ever been seriously attracted to had straight dark hair, fine featured,petite and usually wore glasses and a bit eccentric. This isn't my type per se. I've also been attracted to people who did not strictly meet this description. I'd say the only thing that is particularly hard and fast is what size you like. I'll never go for women who are physically large (and I don't just mean fat), and I always prefer em petite. I know guys though who do very much like them big. It's a preference thing.

Re Smoking: I didn't mean to cause the thread to derail on a tangent. I don't really care much about the intracacies of smoking. I just dislike the smell. Cigarette smoke is nasty stuff. Smokers don't realise it because they're exposed to it so often. I could care less about the rest, if you want to harm your health it's your choice, but don't expect us to put up with the smell...
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 08:15   Link #9092
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
@RB/Mystique: Well, that's bordering fascism, what's next don't eat meat?
Heh, my bad. I admit to not being a fan of smoking. Watching your grandmother slowly dying because in her life she was both a smoker and a drinker wasn't a fun experience. Sorry about that.
Old 2011-06-20, 10:00   Link #9093
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Heh, my bad. I admit to not being a fan of smoking. Watching your grandmother slowly dying because in her life she was both a smoker and a drinker wasn't a fun experience. Sorry about that.
Now that I think about it, maybe I was also a bit over the line with some replies, in the sense that I was not considerate about personal experiences of others. My bad.

Still logically thinking smoking itself, especially second hand, is the least of one's health concerns, compared to pollution from vehicles' exhausted, and even worse carbon-burning power plants. There is also the health background, my mother's father was a heavy smoker till his death at 89 from heart attack, while my father is still live-and-genki at 60, unfortunately for me

Like Syn's girlfriend, I just get agitated with non-smoking campaigners slogans, because there is an increasing oppression based on half-truths also in Europe. I am not saying that it is a good habit, but what I am saying is that discriminating and oppressing people for whatever reason is wrong.

PS: Back to the skin colour example, it is possible to change it, possibly easier than quitting smoking
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 10:25   Link #9094
Lucretia

(Sorry I know this is late but I like to stick up for myself, I just want to get my point across. Feel free to ignore)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
That sounds exactly like not wanting to date a black person, does not make you racist... just saying absurdly exaggerating
False. The first thing I argued against was an actually the straw man fallacy. Fallacies are always wrong, so you can't really argue for it by turning it into something.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/straw-man.html

Although turning a bad habit into a racist issue was very compelling... you also committed a fallacy called weak analogy.

Quote:
Well, I do call that shallow too.
Reasons?

Quote:
I dated a vegetarian and the smell of her excrement was horrendous, should I stop considering dating vegetarians or just not use the toilet till the ventilation does the trick
Again, weak analogy. I would be highly concerned with you if you went out of your way to smell your girlfriends poop, which I'm assuming you don't. The smell of a smoker is near constant and inescapable.

Also, being a vegetarian is generally considered healthy. The point I made which you seemed to have ignored is that smoking is..dun dun dun...bad for you! I know, it's crazy. And when someone smokes, they send the message to others that they don't care enough about themselves and their own health to stop smoking, so why would someone assume that they would be fit to care deeply about another person? I'm not saying that all smokers are heartless beasts. But I am saying, it sends a negative message to others, and if someone doesn't want to date you because if that habit, it's not shallow, it's rational.
Lucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 10:50   Link #9095
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
What the heck are you wearing when you kicked his leg? Steel-toed safety boots or powered armour?
Just regular jeans and snickers. I just happen to have a few dans in Karate and Taekwondo, and was working on Korean kendo before the move to Canada.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 12:33   Link #9096
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
So what is this "type" thing? Is it some combination of physical appearance? Is it a personality thing? Because it sounds like a physical thing--like, a guy I know won't date girls who wear their hair short (which I think is retarded since short hair can be just as cute, if not more so, than long hair).
I personally use the phrase "not my type" when someone who is handsome and/or has a desirable character, but nevertheless isn't attractive to me as a potential lover.
So just nice in theory, but ... not interested. However, it's definitely both looks and personality for me.

I do have preferences of course. Like: I don't like guys with long hair. So most of the time I'll say that a long haired guy is "not my type". But there are some that look good with it after all .. it really depends. I always decide from person to person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
At least you know she'd be dedicated to you! Just need to always have an escape route planned.
That made me laugh XD
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 13:11   Link #9097
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Can anyone give me a decent romance chat room? All I get are people who only can say "ok" and "lol". Maybe somewhere people can hold an intilligent conversation...

I haven't really done the whole chatting thing before, and all my efforts are hitting walls. Is IRC a good place to go? What servers?
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 15:31   Link #9098
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Intelligent conversation and chat room should not be in the same sentence.
Old 2011-06-20, 17:08   Link #9099
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Quote:
You want a mentally-unbalanced psycho stalker girl? Do you have a death wish or something?
I've actually dated one before. They're actually a lot of fun.
Old 2011-06-20, 17:22   Link #9100
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
I've actually dated one before. They're actually a lot of fun.
I agree, up until the point where she started blaming me for stuff I never did, and then keying my truck, etc.
Endless Soul is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom