AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 30 46.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 33.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 12.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.08%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-29, 07:31   Link #81
deadite

Well considering that after episode 7, Manager probably sees her as a very competent woman, she may believe that Tomoe can probably beat some sense into her son, like she handled those survival gamers. I actually can see Tomoe being the new manager is Satsuki refuses to take the reins and Ohana is still too young.
Old 2011-06-29, 07:48   Link #82
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
Manager should force Enishi to marry Tomoe. That woman could straighten him up.
No disrespect for Enishi, but Tomoe is too pimpin for that slave.
Old 2011-06-29, 08:35   Link #83
revive4563

It was very neat, nice ending of first half. Don't cry, Ohana.

Spoiler for episode 13:
Old 2011-06-29, 09:33   Link #84
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

my favorite ep. Liked the 3 generations bonding together the best. Lol at Beanman blushing when he got hug.
Old 2011-06-29, 12:23   Link #85
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
No disrespect for Enishi, but Tomoe is too pimpin for that slave.
This. Enishi doesn't deserve such a fine woman.
Old 2011-06-29, 15:40   Link #86
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I keep confusing him for Jinomaru, but at least someone makes him look better.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-06-30, 15:36   Link #87
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
*Is loading the gun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
& YEEESSS! The Ko subplot is over, which marks the end of the first half of the series. I'm really glad Ohana went back to her regular lovable self. Conclusion of the first half: Kissuiso >>> Ko .
*Is now taking aim*

Though to be fair, the Ko plot is really just about the most perfect way they could've developed it. I'd like to see him come back, but I wouldn't mind if he didn't.

*Accidently fires*

...oops...
Old 2011-06-30, 21:10   Link #88
marcosius
Anime Critic
*Author

I don't understand why people hates Ko. What has Tohru done for Ohana? Be rude and despot?
Old 2011-06-30, 21:14   Link #89
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

^ I can't believe people are still saying this about Tooru. I mean, come on.

As of late, since episode 5, Tooru hasn't been a "rude despot" towards Ohana AT ALL. >.>;;
Old 2011-06-30, 22:19   Link #90
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosius View Post
I don't understand why people hates Ko. What has Tohru done for Ohana? Be rude and despot?
Well technically speaking he WAS gonna help her kidnaper her mom. And he DID leave his friends wedding when she asked him to come back and work.
Old 2011-06-30, 22:51   Link #91
Lessing-love

Quote:
WE HATES HIM PRECIOUS!!!1111

No, seriously, I'm not seeing a lot of hate for Ko. But you have to admit, he fits "shallow love interest" to a T. If you're not really into high school romance, I can see why some people will find him and the relationship drama attached to him tiresome.

Plus, for example, wasn't Tohru making Ohana food when she was sick supposed to be taken as a sign he does care about her a lot? He doesn't even let her know that he made it for her; he didn't even want any sort of reward for his behavior. The point of Tohru is that he's a tsundere. Why do westerners have so much trouble understanding this trope? What's with the "he/she is mean sometimes, so they must be bad people" mentality that's so common in anime fandom today?
Old 2011-07-01, 13:34   Link #92
marcosius
Anime Critic
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessing-love View Post
WE HATES HIM PRECIOUS!!!1111

No, seriously, I'm not seeing a lot of hate for Ko. But you have to admit, he fits "shallow love interest" to a T. If you're not really into high school romance, I can see why some people will find him and the relationship drama attached to him tiresome.

Plus, for example, wasn't Tohru making Ohana food when she was sick supposed to be taken as a sign he does care about her a lot? He doesn't even let her know that he made it for her; he didn't even want any sort of reward for his behavior. The point of Tohru is that he's a tsundere. Why do westerners have so much trouble understanding this trope? What's with the "he/she is mean sometimes, so they must be bad people" mentality that's so common in anime fandom today?
You said it youself, Tohru is a tsundere. It seems that the western fandom loves the tsunderes no matter they are women or men.
Old 2011-07-01, 17:21   Link #93
FMeral16

Quote:
I don't hate Ko, but I see very little reason to like him. I do feel sorry for him though.

My very first impression of his character way back in episode one was immediately bad. He tells a girl he loves her, runs off like a four year old, and decides not to see her off or contact her when she leaves. Even though she's going through a huge life change that probably makes his self-admitted simple life seem like a cakewalk. It then takes him a while to finally squeeze out a simple text asking her how she is. He hasn't really done anything since then to redeem himself (although I do like how it appears he's getting over Ohana in that last phone call), I don't see why I should like him.

Aside from the actual character, I just think he makes the show worse. The content focused around him is so boring and annoying compared to the plot revolved around Kissuiso's staff.
Old 2011-07-01, 18:34   Link #94
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I will admit a level of uncomfortableness with regards to Ko, especially regarding the terms that he confessed to Ohana and how some people have talked about how Ohana has mistreated Ko. Allot of people rather earnestly got behind the idea that Ohana was being unreasonable not giving Ko a clear answer to his confession after all this time, without acknowledging that Ko confessed to her under circumstances that made her giving a response highly awkward.

Ko's circumstances are a bit unpleasant with regards to Ohana, but I think allot of people might be over sympathizing with him, acting like the tension between them is something Ohana created entirely herself. But no. I wouldn't say I hate Ko. I just don't quite see him as a character. To me he seems more like dramatic foil.

(There's also the philosophical point that I don't think Ko's "Roundabout way of doing things" style works particularly well with regards to a long distance relationship to an emotionally confused teenage girl like Ohana. The main reason this rubs me the wrong way is that it involves Ko not actually doing anything and it seems contrary to many of the themes of the show, where taking initiative IS presented as a good thing.)
Old 2011-07-01, 18:40   Link #95
Lessing-love

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMeral16 View Post
I don't hate Ko, but I see very little reason to like him. I do feel sorry for him though.

My very first impression of his character way back in episode one was immediately bad. He tells a girl he loves her, runs off like a four year old, and decides not to see her off or contact her when she leaves. Even though she's going through a huge life change that probably makes his self-admitted simple life seem like a cakewalk. It then takes him a while to finally squeeze out a simple text asking her how she is. He hasn't really done anything since then to redeem himself (although I do like how it appears he's getting over Ohana in that last phone call), I don't see why I should like him.

Aside from the actual character, I just think he makes the show worse. The content focused around him is so boring and annoying compared to the plot revolved around Kissuiso's staff.
I'm kinda agreeing with this. I don't understand the fans who make him out to be this wonderful saint of loving patience; he's a teenage boy, and a really awkrawd one at that. The material with him CAN be boring/tiresome, simply because there are way more interesting characters in this show who have way stronger chemistry with Ohana. So far, the romantic sub plot with Ko and Ohana, when you take away the "lol trolled" factor, can be really dull and plodding. So far, the relationship just seems...kinda superficial. Like when you get past the sighing and longing, there really isn't anything substantial in the relationship. And maybe that's why a lot of fans love it, because it's easy to project your own ideas and wishes upon the character Ko and upon the relationship. I can't tell yet if it's intentional or a real weakness in the writing, but time will tell.
Old 2011-07-01, 18:48   Link #96
Lessing-love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I will admit a level of uncomfortableness with regards to Ko, especially regarding the terms that he confessed to Ohana and how some people have talked about how Ohana has mistreated Ko. Allot of people rather earnestly got behind the idea that Ohana was being unreasonable not giving Ko a clear answer to his confession after all this time, without acknowledging that Ko confessed to her under circumstances that made her giving a response highly awkward.

Ko's circumstances are a bit unpleasant with regards to Ohana, but I think allot of people might be over sympathizing with him, acting like the tension between them is something Ohana created entirely herself. But no. I wouldn't say I hate Ko. I just don't quite see him as a character. To me he seems more like dramatic foil.

(There's also the philosophical point that I don't think Ko's "Roundabout way of doing things" style works particularly well with regards to a long distance relationship to an emotionally confused teenage girl like Ohana. The main reason this rubs me the wrong way is that it involves Ko not actually doing anything and it seems contrary to many of the themes of the show, where taking initiative IS presented as a good thing.)
My idea on why people don't acknowledge Ko putting Ohana in a really awkrawd situation? Occam's Razor: sexism. When things go wrong in a relationship and the man is a "nice guy", it's clearly the woman's fault.

I agree on Ko not really feeling like a full character, more like dramatic foil. Maybe he'd be less popular if he actually did have a fuller personality?
Old 2011-07-01, 18:49   Link #97
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
You said it youself, Tohru is a tsundere. It seems that the western fandom loves the tsunderes no matter they are women or men.
And I tend to hate them, regardless.

Equality for all.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-07-01, 19:01   Link #98
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Whoever thought that the Ko thing is over, it's not. I'm banking on it. :P

I mean, it can't be over. If anything, more shit's about to go down with him.
Old 2011-07-02, 06:15   Link #99
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Whoever thought that the Ko thing is over, it's not. I'm banking on it. :P

I mean, it can't be over. If anything, more shit's about to go down with him.
Of course it isn't over yet. The "ForeverAlone.jpg" ending hasn't been established yet
Old 2011-07-02, 07:30   Link #100
Lessing-love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Of course it isn't over yet. The "ForeverAlone.jpg" ending hasn't been established yet
Duh. If you establish it too fast, it'll dash the hopes of the shippers too early, the ratings will tank, and the company making the show can't make $$$.